• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Marketplace Pre-Order

93 posts in this topic

Posted

They don't f-ing care, normal MMO crew stuff :/

yea bad CM f*** us.. good CM gives answer

Posted

So highest bidder wins?

guess some rare items won't ever see their normal value again on the market place.

What a terrible system.... lol 

Posted

This is terrible system. In the current state "normal" players lose possibylity to buy high value equipment through the marketplace since they can't beat the highest bidder. It's hard for people buy just a liverto weapon, before the patch you actually could take your 9 mil and with a little patience get it. Now its not possible to buy it without biding it to 50 mils. Not to mention ogre rings or boss armor. It cause frustration and people will quit if they can't progress their gear in gear based game.

Posted

I believe each item placed on the market simply makes an RNG roll and either goes to the highest preorder or continues to be placed on market as usual. This way both sets of players, the ones overpaying via preorder, and those paying the sale price, have a chance. It's a fair compromise if designed to work that way. It prevents some wealthy players completely monopolizing certain markets.

Posted

I honestly think no one has the slightest -----ing clue how it works and when it works. I believe nothing here unless it comes from a Daum rep

1 person likes this

Posted

my guildmate and i tried a test we both put in a preorder for the same item at the same time same channel and location. i was online and saw several go to bid phase of which i still lost. i did afk to grab lunch for about an hour. she was offline and won her preorder sometime while i was afk.

Posted

This is terrible system. In the current state "normal" players lose possibylity to buy high value equipment through the marketplace since they can't beat the highest bidder. It's hard for people buy just a liverto weapon, before the patch you actually could take your 9 mil and with a little patience get it. Now its not possible to buy it without biding it to 50 mils. Not to mention ogre rings or boss armor. It cause frustration and people will quit if they can't progress their gear in gear based game.

I snagged a Liverto Axe for a pre-order price of $15 million on the Calph marketplace.  Took like a week and I never believed I would actually get one but it finally happened.  So, definitely possible.  Probably not likely though I reckon.

Posted

I bought my Liverto for 9 mil normally because everyone was relying on pre orders.

So far it appears the item has to be listed in the same town you order. Also possible that there is an RNG element whether it goes to market or order.

All the devs seem AWOL so who knows....

Posted

There are over 100 liverto weapons per day on the marketplace. Just be patient and 2 more weeks there will be many of them to buy with no pre bid system 

Posted

I've put 5 pre-orders on the new Concentrated Armor Black Stones with 9 Million Bid on each one. It was said that who wins would pay the full price of the item not the amount we put as bid right? I got 4 stones but they took 9M for each one... wtf! My money... Daum dont give a s**t explaining this retarded system to the players.... wp damn daum!

Posted

if you preorder for 9 million then you WILL buy it for 9 million. 

The seller only gets a difference from the actual possible max price and the price you paid. And it doesnt matter which someone else used in the preorder or something.....it would make sence if you preorder something for a given price and dont buy it for that price oO i mean logic ?!

Posted

Daum doesn't care to explain anything.  Your confusion works to their benefit.

1 person likes this

Posted

i think it depends on the territory you are putting pre order on... if you have a preorder in heidal, only items that are registered in heidal can be sold to you through pre order... the items that you saw that are put into AH without going through the pre-order phase are probably registered in a different region than you... also, people have ALOT of silver..... if you put 50mil, someone could put 500mil for all they care.

Posted

i think it depends on the territory you are putting pre order on... if you have a preorder in heidal, only items that are registered in heidal can be sold to you through pre order... the items that you saw that are put into AH without going through the pre-order phase are probably registered in a different region than you... also, people have ALOT of silver..... if you put 50mil, someone could put 500mil for all they care.

its already proofen that its NOT regionbound. there are ppl in reddit and this forum that already tested it out and it doesnt matter if you have preorder registered in the same region or not. Sometimes you get it sometimes not.

btw korean system works in korea like "item gets in the marketplace then there is a chance that it gets sold per Preorder or go to the normal marketplace queue". its highly possible that its the same system in EU/NA

Posted

its already proofen that its NOT regionbound. there are ppl in reddit and this forum that already tested it out and it doesnt matter if you have preorder registered in the same region or not. Sometimes you get it sometimes not.

btw korean system works in korea like "item gets in the marketplace then there is a chance that it gets sold per Preorder or go to the normal marketplace queue". its highly possible that its the same system in EU/NA

okay, cool~ good to know :)

Posted

out of likes but this sir winz the interwebs. It does seem to be the case. Wish Daum would put an official statement out on how the nA system works compared to others as from other release version notes it seems there are differences

Posted

Necro because I'm not sure and haven't found a more recent thread that clarifies

So I'm going to venture a guess,

Process to selling:

Seller lists item

x minutes pass, item goes to bid

y minutes pass, item becomes purchasable

z minutes pass, item goes to those who "pre-ordered"

I get the name "pre-order" sounds like it should go to them before the market but people with <150m would never buy anything useful then, this seems optimal and consistent with the whole genre where "Time in Game = Progression."  This system benefits those who camp the marketplace, or at least are logged in most often, that is the playerbase who the game is supposed to reward the most.

This whole thread is classic mmo players crying about something and recommending solutions without thinking, thank god daum ignores us or this game would die as fast as the other mmos that listen to their players too much.

Posted

Sitting on a 63m buyout for base Liverto. Havent gotten mine either.

63m for a 9mil item?! lol you guys....

Posted

Any update on this topic? I'm perpetually confused why I can't seem to either get an item through pre-order, but also never see it pop up on MP when I get the notice pop up for it. 

Posted (edited)

Any update on this topic? I'm perpetually confused why I can't seem to either get an item through pre-order, but also never see it pop up on MP when I get the notice pop up for it. 

you find your answer within alot of forenthreads about this system but i will help you and just give you the answer how it works:

- if you put in an item in the marketplace it has a CHANCE to go to the preorder queue or in the normal marketplace. Here it doesnt matter if an preorder would exist for this item or not, it will only go the the preorder queue if the system wants to ^^

- if the item gets in the preorderqueue the system will determine which preorder is the highest one. The highest preorder will get the item instantly.

What doesnt matter:

- preorder is not regionbased!

- it doesnt matter when you put in your preorder ( a GM said better be safe and put in the preorder an hour or so before you want to by something )

The b-phase on items that went to the normal marketplace is working like this:

- you give in your number after the item popup and the system will instantly determine if you have luck and get the item or not. If you were lucky you get the item instantly and it is out of the marketplace.

- if noone is lucky the item will get to the FFA (free for all) phase were the first one that enters the captcha will get the item.

Edited by Myssy

Posted (edited)

Nice double necro.

Give it a few weeks, and we can go for the hat trick...

Edited by Caedere

Posted (edited)

Eh you people don't get it do you. Take a look around you this entire games economic system were designed from the ground up to make real money traders as non existent as possible. Good news is it has mostly worked, you don't have bot trains all over the world, you don't have never ending sell spam on chat. 

The current pre order system was designed this way for the same reason, it is working just not how you want it to or expect. It has unreliability specifically built in to prevent reliable trading to others. Me and my body tested it extensively and it works. Your pre order needs to be set up well in advance and you will NEVER have items automatically sold to a pre order it is a random chance an item will be assigned to pre order, and is works this way for the reasons I just explained.

Edited by BDOMONSTER

Posted

Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support. I am GM Maelstrom and I will be taking care of your ticket today.

The way marketplace pre-orders work is:

- Place a bid
- The F key is normally used for 'maximum quantity', so yes, it will put the maximum amount of silver you have onto a bid being placed
- Item gets listed in one of the major cities, only pre-orders of said item that were placed in the SAME city, will be able to have a chance
- The first + highest pre-order will get the item
- If there is a pre-order on the item, the item will sell instantly after getting listed
- If no pre-orders are on the item in the correct city, item goes to normal purchase on the marketplace

It's also pretty much a 'first come, first serve' type of thing, if you place a pre-order on an item for 1mil silver, then someone else 5 minutes later places one for 1mil silver, you'll get the item before them, but if they place an order for 2mil silver, they get it before you (granted the pre-orders are in the same city).

- If you place a pre-order on an item for 2mil and the item is only listed for 1mil, the whole 2mil are gone>

You can cancel your pre-order bid, given it didn't go through yet and you do so in the same city where you placed it (go back to the pre-order menu and you can cancel, you'll get your money added back to your storage).

No RNG involved!
(maybe one of the only mechanics that doesn't have some :P .. )

Do not forget that player putting an item to sell will only receive the payment without market taxes!!

I hope this clears up the confusion for you, but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for contacting the Black Desert Online Customer Support. I am GM Maelstrom and I will be taking care of your ticket today.

The way marketplace pre-orders work is:

- Place a bid
- The F key is normally used for 'maximum quantity', so yes, it will put the maximum amount of silver you have onto a bid being placed
- Item gets listed in one of the major cities, only pre-orders of said item that were placed in the SAME city, will be able to have a chance
- The first + highest pre-order will get the item
- If there is a pre-order on the item, the item will sell instantly after getting listed
- If no pre-orders are on the item in the correct city, item goes to normal purchase on the marketplace

It's also pretty much a 'first come, first serve' type of thing, if you place a pre-order on an item for 1mil silver, then someone else 5 minutes later places one for 1mil silver, you'll get the item before them, but if they place an order for 2mil silver, they get it before you (granted the pre-orders are in the same city).

- If you place a pre-order on an item for 2mil and the item is only listed for 1mil, the whole 2mil are gone>

You can cancel your pre-order bid, given it didn't go through yet and you do so in the same city where you placed it (go back to the pre-order menu and you can cancel, you'll get your money added back to your storage).

No RNG involved!
(maybe one of the only mechanics that doesn't have some :P .. )

Do not forget that player putting an item to sell will only receive the payment without market taxes!!

I hope this clears up the confusion for you, but if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

actually this GM doesnt know what he is talking about BECAUSE alot of ppl already proofen that its not city based. so if you place a preorder in lets say valencia and someone lists that item in calpheon you still can get it.....so its NOT REGION BASED....dunno if this GM is just a pure callcenter guy and dont know how it works in the game and believe rumors aswell. But even the korean site about this system doesnt states anywhere that you have to place the preorder in the same city as the item gets listed!

And yes RNG is involved that was tested aswell and proofen....but yeah ^^

Edited by Myssy

Posted

Myssy is correct.  That GM explanation is based on incorrect info - some of it's misleading, and the rest is just plain wrong.