• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Marketplace Pre-Order

93 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Pre ordered kutum shield for 140m in hidel, lost it around 20 times in a row over 2 week time. then one day i was at the MP and i seen it just sitting there so i bought it for 95m and my pre order is still sitting there like a potato child.

Edited by Gwatnu
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So, it seems there is still no confirmation regarding region?

Does the item listed for sale only consider pre-order's placed in the region it was listed for sale?

Does the 'character' (or is it account based) placing the pre-order need to be active and in the region when the item is listed for sale?

Does the 'character' (or is it account based) placing the pre-order need to be active and in the region and on the same channel when the item is listed for sale?

Edited by Diobolica
added channel

Posted

Seems Bugged.

Posted

Something about this has been bugging me and maybe someone can answer:

Why can I not post an item outside of its Min/Max value, but people can set Pre-Order amounts outside of those values?

If I put a Tri-Mark of Shadow on the marketplace the max value it will set for is 243,000,000 currently. The game sets no Max pre-order value so when that items is purchased from the highest bidder at say 400,000,000 does the seller receive that difference? If not, what is happening to those extra funds?

Posted

Something about this has been bugging me and maybe someone can answer:

Why can I not post an item outside of its Min/Max value, but people can set Pre-Order amounts outside of those values?

If I put a Tri-Mark of Shadow on the marketplace the max value it will set for is 243,000,000 currently. The game sets no Max pre-order value so when that items is purchased from the highest bidder at say 400,000,000 does the seller receive that difference? If not, what is happening to those extra funds?

you lose the funds and the person selling does not receive the extra funds. Only the max price. The house wins so to speak. And there is less currency in game to play with.

Posted

you lose the funds and the person selling does not receive the extra funds. Only the max price. The house wins so to speak. And there is less currency in game to play with.

This is what I thought happened and if so this does not seem remotely fair or reasonable let alone balanced.

Posted

Are preorders fixed now? I have stopped playing and all I do is camp the Marketplace. I just wanna play, but don't wanna miss out on the gear I'm trying to get.

Posted

Its still utterly useless Ive got a pre-order on a +2 awakening weapon, its been up for a week

A guildie posted one ... and it went thru to a bid off (which I lost)

So

Working as intended 

LMFAO

Posted

It's working for some people though. Since often you see boss gear go to pre-orders instead of the MP. It's probably based on channel and place you put it up. i Have no clue why not test it out if you are all so curious ?

Posted

It's working for some people though. Since often you see boss gear go to pre-orders instead of the MP. It's probably based on channel and place you put it up. i Have no clue why not test it out if you are all so curious ?

I tried to test it but we did not once get same result.

Posted (edited)

I wish we would get the money from selling items via preorder. Kinda seem like wasted money. I know that's the idea but... the prices don't reflect the real value of the items a lot of time. Especially for rare items. They should either update prices better or give us the preorder money. Also it would be nice to see the last successful preorder price so you have an idea when preordering of how much you should put in.

Also the obvious biggest problem with preorder is that it doesn't always work. So even if your preorder is high, it might go straight to the market. Too much rng involved here.

On a side note, that bidding is a mess... I never get any items I want on bids. And definitely a pain in the ass when it comes to armor and weapon stones. You waste your time bidding, only to lose, then try to buy normal, only to have item already sold, then you try with next one, only to lose bid, to not being able to buy normal... etc... never ending fail.

In some cases it would be nice if you could buy the more expensive items just to skip that bidding circle or fail.

I think they did improve the system a lot since the start, but there is a lot more work to be done imo. 

Edited by Lady Minuit

Posted (edited)

LEAVE BIDDING ALONE , BIDDING IS FINE. BIDDING IS FAIR.

Pre-order system however is a horrible attempt at a market system.
Why all the obfuscation? 
Why not allow the market to determine the price of items? Just so it's Different from other games?
HURR DURR We don't like supply and demand in our game. Let's let demand be arbitrary and see where that gets us.

is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? Why does he not get to keep the extra money from the pre-order,
Is this not in-fact THE incentive to hunt in demand items?

Oh right I forgot demand is arbitrary.
Also you can easily test your theory on pre-orders being tied to region by putting one up and having a friend sell to it from different regions. ezpz

Edited by Darnis

Posted

Greetings adventurer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm Senior Game Master Haliaeetus and I'll be assisting you with your ticket today.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to pre-order your friends item. I know how frustrating this can be, especially with items so hard to get such as a Dandelion. The reason why your pre-order did not work may be one of the following:

• After you register a pre-order, it can take some time for it to become active.

• Another player has pre-ordered the same item at a higher price, in which case it will be sold to them instead.

• If you are trying to buy a piece of equipment, please note that pre-orders are enhancement-dependant. So if you place a pre-order for a +2 equipment item, and someone lists a +3 equipment item, your pre-order will not count for that.

Regardless of the above, there is also always a chance that an item will skip the pre-order phase and go directly onto the marketplace as a normal sale. This is an intended game mechanic. Please keep in mind that player-to-player trade is not a feature in our game, and the marketplace pre-order system is not designed to be a workaround for this.

I hope this answered your question. If you have any other issues or find anything else that bothers you, please don't hesitate in re-opening this ticket or creating a new one and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

GM Haliaeetus
Senior English Game Master

Straight from the horses mouth

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

*snip*

MVP right here.  Thank you, good sir, for doin the lord's work.

Edited by KILLZ0NE

Posted

Greetings adventurer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm Senior Game Master Haliaeetus and I'll be assisting you with your ticket today.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to pre-order your friends item. I know how frustrating this can be, especially with items so hard to get such as a Dandelion. The reason why your pre-order did not work may be one of the following:

• After you register a pre-order, it can take some time for it to become active.

• Another player has pre-ordered the same item at a higher price, in which case it will be sold to them instead.

• If you are trying to buy a piece of equipment, please note that pre-orders are enhancement-dependant. So if you place a pre-order for a +2 equipment item, and someone lists a +3 equipment item, your pre-order will not count for that.

Regardless of the above, there is also always a chance that an item will skip the pre-order phase and go directly onto the marketplace as a normal sale. This is an intended game mechanic. Please keep in mind that player-to-player trade is not a feature in our game, and the marketplace pre-order system is not designed to be a workaround for this.

I hope this answered your question. If you have any other issues or find anything else that bothers you, please don't hesitate in re-opening this ticket or creating a new one and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

GM Haliaeetus
Senior English Game Master

Can I be located in Heidel and place my preorder for an item that was sold in Calpheon? Or I need to be in the same town as the player who sells the item?

Posted

I've pre-ordered two pieces of blue whale meat. Often times I get a pop up asking me to confirm, and I do. But nothing happens after that.

Really no idea what's going on. If someone bid higher than me, why do I even get asked to confirm?

Posted

The way I see it, just another RNG if it'll go to pre-order or not.

Even tested the thing by trying to buy Nouver Knot from a friend 3x, none went to pre-order and went to bid phase, all given a different time when I placed a pre-order.

Same thing with Tet Kzarka krieg,

Don't think I've won any big items through it once, all had to be gotten from NV, boss loot, or won from bid phase.

Definitely a big mess and should be reworked, but this is BDO, we need more content, not fixing our current problems in BDO

Posted (edited)

If you want to get your buddy an item such as boss armor or a dande weapon try my suggestion:

1.  Get the item between +9 to +13.  

2.  Pre-order and post the item in the same city (channel is not required). Give the pre-order a good 5 minutes before posting the item.

When putting down your bid you don't have to put a crazy amount above the normal cost. i.e. Sold a +11 Giath's Helm on the MP for 119 million.  Guildie pre-ordered for 140 million and got it.  5 minutes later, I put a Bheg's Gloves +9 up on the market place for 105 million and the friend successfully pre-ordered for 120 million.  

There is always the chance it might fail so be ready to attempt to snipe it!

Good luck!

Edited by Sarevok