• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

life skill [Fishing] New gold spots

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Dear BDO Team;

I've wanted the test those so called "improvements"  regarding gold spots in fishing and after actively fishing for 4 hours (day and night cycle), I can see the time/profit values now. Based on my experience, I want to suggest some changes that is "if" you (BDO) want to keep the new system.

Spot disappears after catching Coelacanth:
There are hundredths of players in BDO servers whose are actively/afk fishing on locations such as gold/yellow spots.. at least they were. Now all these active players needs to find a gold spot by following the -not so view-able from far- birds to get their yellow fish. So far is ok. But the main problem starts when a player catches a Coelacanth. After testing on total of 8 gold spots, I've realized that when I catch a Coelacanth, the gold spot completely disappears for an unknown amount of time which must be changed. This is an MMO game where multiple players actually actively fish and if I'm gonna remove that spot by getting Coelacanth, it'll make fishers to lose their interest and possibly their fun too because when it comes to time/profit values, you have literally destroyed all the profit a casual player can gain from fishing.

Fishing boat durability issues:
Since I was trying to run after gold fishing spots for 4 hours, I've realized that my ship durability has gone down quite fast (around 10%). The max durability of a fishing boat either needs to be changed or some alternative approach needs to be offered.

The amount of gold spots and the lack of chain spawn continuum:
My test showed me that there are no chain spawn going around on gold spots. Which makes the player try to go all around the area to find the next spot (if there is any next spot). If the fish is moving and waiting for 30 minutes (or till Coelacanth), then the next spot should be within the range for the player to spot, we're trying to fish here not trying to find a needle in a haystack. There should be a chain spawn momentum relative to each other and within the range. 

-Conclusion-

• The amount of golden fishing spots should get a major increase and multiple spawns should occur in an area.
  • The disappearance of a golden spot after Coelacanth should be reworked. Maybe by decreasing the chance of getting the rare fish while allowing the players to be able to fish on the area a little bit more (in my last 3 spots, it took me less than 2 minutes to get Coelacanth which resulted the spot to disappear.)
  • Ship durability needs a rework because the time you take while trying to find a golden spot kills your ship durability fast and time/profit breaks down considerably that the calculations shows that there is no point on fishing on gold spots anymore.
  • Gold spots needs to be shown on the minimap or maybe on the main map when within a certain range. Right now birds are close to invisible in night times.

@CM_Jouska

Edited by Nemesismax
21 people like this

Posted (edited)

+1. I spent a few hours last night "Active-fishing" and it was ridiculous. The thought of having to continue to boat around for 6-7 minutes between spots to go catch another few grunts (which was all I seemed to be getting in the whole sea north of Velia) is overwhelming seeing as fishing was one of my main sources of income.

I'm compiling a word document with screenshots and times spent at spot and, time spent to find next spot gonna give it a few more hours then I'll probably post it so we can see the numbers. It's kinda sad how much time it takes to find the spots, then have it vanish within 5-15 minutes. The Average spots tends to last around 12 minutes and can only yield a certain amount of fish it seems.

This whole update has made fishing bothersome, and entirely too cumbersome as a way to make decent money without pulling your hair out. I enjoyed the hell out of active fishing before the update. Now, it's just too much. 

Edited by DubiousKilla
formatting
5 people like this

Posted

Yeah the current system is broken. You may be able to make out better if you're actively playing. But 90% of the people who did fishing did it afk; while at work; sleeping; away from home in general. This to me has killed fishing and I was an avid afk fisher. I was shocked with this broken update 😩.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

It is very broken :(

On paper the idea of marking hotspots with clues is nice, but in practice the implementation is devastatingly bad.  It is doubly so for people like me who cannot afford cutting edge video cards that can properly support maximum sight distances. 

Even when stumbling into sight range of the birds the hotspots move around too fast which makes AFK fishing useless, by the time one gets there and sets up it usually moves after only a few casts. Might as well just stand on shore at any random spot fishing instead of spending all the time and resources to make or buy a boat.  Instead of making a nice little skill game the system as it is now just makes fishing practically useless, you can get better fish faster by slaughtering nagas.  Or at least when it comes to fishing for fish anyway, the relic shards are still useful though not caught enough to make up for the loss of good fish.

Having the fish only move after some random but significant number of hours or even a day or two  would be a tremendous improvement, and having the spot actually move instead of teleport when it comes time to move would be even better.  That smooth, followable movement could be simulated by a period of frequent short range teleports if actual movement is not possible instead of the "POOF! its gone without a trace!" effect currently implemented.

Another improvement would be a better and longer ranged audio clue, like distinct and locatable bird sounds from an outer ring of birds or something to help home in on hotspots beyond the range of poor videocards but in sight range of the better cards.

Edited by BC
5 people like this

Posted

New Fishing System is not at all working for me. with all I have invested in fishing, time boats, poles, level II fishing clothes, level II fishing food that last 90 min, all seams worthless now. Not liking this at all. Thinking about moving on, only because in the past when something good is taken it never seems to be enough. Like a slow down hill spiral.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Indeed, it seems that fishing took the biggest blow this patch - it simply takes too much time to find and get to one such spot, especially considering the rapid decline of the boat's stamina (which in my opinion should be somehow repairable - where the hell did they get the idea that a boat should last for 4 hrs or so of sailing ?) and after the spot disappears, which is fairly fast, to do so all over again. It's bad even for "active" fishers, not to mention how much the afk-fishing players got hit with this. (AND LET US NOT FORGET HOW ANNOYING IT IS TO CONNECT NODES IN ORDER TO SELL THE BLOODY FISH). The fun factor went down hard on this particular profession

Edited by Matke666
2 people like this

Posted

It's time for Daum to take a hard look at fishing. They ignore a huge portion of there player base that choose life skills as there means of income and enjoyment. It's fine that you make changes, it shows your willing to fix things but understand that the ocean and inland water systems consumes 1/3 of the playable space. If you make it irrelevant then you throw away a massive player base that thoroughly enjoys that aspect of your game. You've made positive changes before and I'm confident that you'll make them again.

• Increase fishing boat speed, lifespan and modify inventory of the boats to allow fish to stack. (Absurd that I can carry 10 times the amount of fish on me)
  • Bring back hot spots but make them move each week creating a fishing/hunting community based on exploration. (The new spots should be a bonus) 
  • Give the islands some life and love. Iliya is loaded with glitches like a stable hand that cant register wagons. Put some life and activity in the ocean, it's alive and it needs to be able to breath on its own.
  • What in the world is with these worthless fish traps? You can have a top tier worker come back with 2 fish and a ton of broken nets. Again perhaps have them bring back crates of fish instead of singles. These crates would need to be opened before being processed creating a new economy.
  • More Totems with more direct skills like being able to highlight on the captains map the location of a decent hot spot of that Totem's fish type.
  • Fix harpooning, it's just sad and pointless. (Add the option to hire a worker to drive the boat to go to harpoon locations. Give workers fish finder skills and watch the drunken harpoon parties happen.

In conclusion the fishing system has the potential to an exciting activity and lifespan to the game or it has the capacity to turn people away. Let's make this activity that's enjoyed by a huge portion of this games population the epic ocean adventure that we all are begging for.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Finally found a "spot" after sailing randomly for 5 min. The first thing i fished was a Coelacanth and the spot disappeared. T_T yay *This is the 3rd time this has happened*

Clipboard01rawr.jpg

Edited by Matke666
1 person likes this

Posted

Dear BDO Team;

I've wanted the test those so called "improvements"  regarding gold spots in fishing and after actively fishing for 4 hours (day and night cycle), I can see the time/profit values now. Based on my experience, I want to suggest some changes that is "if" you (BDO) want to keep the new system.

Spot disappears after catching Coelacanth:
There are hundredths of players in BDO servers whose are actively/afk fishing on locations such as gold/yellow spots.. at least they were. Now all these active players needs to find a gold spot by following the -not so view-able from far- birds to get their yellow fish. So far is ok. But the main problem starts when a player catches a Coelacanth. After testing on total of 8 gold spots, I've realized that when I catch a Coelacanth, the gold spot completely disappears for an unknown amount of time which must be changed. This is an MMO game where multiple players actually actively fish and if I'm gonna remove that spot by getting Coelacanth, it'll make fishers to lose their interest and possibly their fun too because when it comes to time/profit values, you have literally destroyed all the profit a casual player can gain from fishing.

Fishing boat durability issues:
Since I was trying to run after gold fishing spots for 4 hours, I've realized that my ship durability has gone down quite fast (around 10%). The max durability of a fishing boat either needs to be changed or some alternative approach needs to be offered.

The amount of gold spots and the lack of chain spawn continuum:
My test showed me that there are no chain spawn going around on gold spots. Which makes the player try to go all around the area to find the next spot (if there is any next spot). If the fish is moving and waiting for 30 minutes (or till Coelacanth), then the next spot should be within the range for the player to spot, we're trying to fish here not trying to find a needle in a haystack. There should be a chain spawn momentum relative to each other and within the range. 

-Conclusion-

• The amount of golden fishing spots should get a major increase and multiple spawns should occur in an area.
  • The disappearance of a golden spot after Coelacanth should be reworked. Maybe by decreasing the chance of getting the rare fish while allowing the players to be able to fish on the area a little bit more (in my last 3 spots, it took me less than 2 minutes to get Coelacanth which resulted the spot to disappear.)
  • Ship durability needs a rework because the time you take while trying to find a golden spot kills your ship durability fast and time/profit breaks down considerably that the calculations shows that there is no point on fishing on gold spots anymore.
  • Gold spots needs to be shown on the minimap or maybe on the main map when within a certain range. Right now birds are close to invisible in night times.

@CM_Jouska

Two other things they didnt look at, first ,you cant produce and sell any fishing related crafted item, second, afk fishing was for ...me a way to always avoid gold sellers, now, you just open a giant doors to them, not everybody has the time to go and grind money..some of us have a real life, other like me are disabled and have some restrictions on how they play.

Posted (edited)

the problem of the fishing setup might be that it is simply not rewarding enough, although if you gain 125k+60% roughly 200k by random sailing for 5minutes i will say that is a pretty good income ;)

per hour that would be: 2,4millions  just doing this, with little to no chance of having to deal with aggressors.

2.4 million could've been nice if you could find these spots every 5 minutes or so, but the current mechanic lacks the amount of spots to do something like that. 

In my last test, there were 10 players around me which were trying to fish actively on gold spots, we've even tried to form a party. In the end, we've only accumulated total of 654K silver after 2 hours of gold spot hunting because once one of us catches Coelacanth, others can't get anything out of it...

There is also another issue regarding nodes. While trying to find the right spot, you need to check the node as well to see if you've connected that node which also means wasting your CP away just for the sake of fishing. 

I'd rather use my CP on more important tasks....

Edited by Nemesismax
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have about 16 real life hours into fishing since the patch so I'd like to give my pro's and con's.

I do like the new hotspots, when I can find them. Sometimes I find one pretty close to my last one but what's more common is that I will spend 45 minutes till I find the next hotspot. Also you slowed down fishing boats. I don't know if this was to slow us down in finding the hotspots or what but it's not enjoyable. It wastes my sute tea buff and my pets are out with no benefit because I'm not getting exp riding around.

Also, even before counting relic shards, per hour I make less silver active fishing now than I did before. Before it took 2.5-3 hours active fishing to fill 140 inventory and 4-5 relic shards. Now it takes 7-8 hours active fishing and no relic shards, but way more of a time commitment. I feel like my extra inventory is wasted because my fish deteriorate. I could go afk for 8-9 hours with my inventory and epheria rod and be full when I woke up in the morning. This would net me 2.5 mil silver and relic shards which yes, was decent for overnight afk fishing, but it took a very heavy investment to accomplish this. Swimming time, CP, inventory expansion, millions in enchanted rods. I am pretty sure I was in the minority, regardless of the bragging that was on the forums.

My fish costume also feels way less valuable because I need a boat. The swimming feature was clearly intended for leaving your boat and coming back to it, that was it's best feature, now it's not worth it.

Ok, now for some positive stuff. I do like the new hotspots, especially when I find one! I also feel like my fishing skill means more. I can cast a rod anywhere and get similar results to ,but not quite, the old blue hotspots without the burden of going to a specific spot. I also like that it seems like you need higher skill to even see the new hotspots. I didn't think a level 10 with beginner skill should be able to catch the same fish I can at master if we were both at a hotspot, just like a level 10 wouldn't be able to farm Mediah. While I have lots of time to take advantage of the new hotspots, I think many casual fishers will prefer static hotspots.

Of course we don't know your intent with the fishing changes. You didn't explain it to us like the other changes this patch and it was added as a footnote after the fact.

edit: after a night of afk fishing and an hour of active fishing, I think I can live with the new system AS IS with a few tweaks. Boats need their speed back, hotspots need to persist a little longer or not take 45 minutes to find, which boat speed may help, and general random fishing should give less junk at higher skills.

Edited by Desado
1 person likes this

Posted

i think you will be surpriced there ;) not really possible to buy gold, so gl with that.

when that is said the new system is FAR supirior to the old one, it also makes the fishing bots FAR less effective which is good (and which is where you will see the true rage comming from ;) ).

the problem of the fishing setup might be that it is simply not rewarding enough, although if you gain 125k+60% roughly 200k by random sailing for 5minutes i will say that is a pretty good income ;)

per hour that would be: 2,4millions  just doing this, with little to no chance of having to deal with aggressors.

ok, so explain why we see so many new gold sellers, second,  with my knees replacement wich leaves me with a maximun of 15 min sitting in front of the computer, i have to forget about afk fishing and lvl my horses, you might have your opinion, but respect mine

Posted

IMO The change makes sense. Players online fishing at a hotspot will make some good cash and those who are Afk will make some off normal stuff but not millions like they were. I mean look at fishing standing in the city. I get 3 or 4 Relics a night and loads and blue green yellow fish so just going to bed i make a few million and happy with that. Now if I want to make 10 to 15 mill as some have said I need to go find the spot and track them down as they move while I am online.

Posted

IMO The change makes sense. Players online fishing at a hotspot will make some good cash and those who are Afk will make some off normal stuff but not millions like they were. I mean look at fishing standing in the city. I get 3 or 4 Relics a night and loads and blue green yellow fish so just going to bed i make a few million and happy with that. Now if I want to make 10 to 15 mill as some have said I need to go find the spot and track them down as they move while I am online.

I've never suggested that we go back to the old system, I've only suggested some improvements to it... Plus you can't get 15 million, total accumulation can only go as high as 5 million then you'll need a new boat...

Posted

I like the moving hotspots and the bird/jumping fish indicators the mechanic is cool in how that works. 

• fishing boat speed increased
  • more benefits to fishing life skill lvl.   better fish, faster fishing speed, faster boat speed, shorter cool down on possible chum bait to increase hot spot cycle some or all of these would be cool
  • coelcanth bug "appears to be"
  • harpoon hot spot indicators?? 
  • either more random hot spots or longer lasting hot spots would be nice
  • also not 1 relic from new hot spots
  • long range viewers,  such as telescope, or even a pet skill like hawk ability - to assist in finding fish/bird indicators
  • create fishing bait/chum to extend hot spot time by X minutes balance cool down on chum bait.. so team play  fishing would be encouraged
  • remove exp from life fishing skill and level only the fishing life skill. 

over all tho it's a fun mechanic - just a bit of tweaking

4 people like this

Posted

• Increase fishing boat speed, lifespan and modify inventory of the boats to allow fish to stack. (Absurd that I can carry 10 times the amount of fish on me)
  • Bring back hot spots but make them move each week creating a fishing/hunting community based on exploration. (The new spots should be a bonus) 
  • Give the islands some life and love. Iliya is loaded with glitches like a stable hand that cant register wagons. Put some life and activity in the ocean, it's alive and it needs to be able to breath on its own.
  • What in the world is with these worthless fish traps? You can have a top tier worker come back with 2 fish and a ton of broken nets. Again perhaps have them bring back crates of fish instead of singles. These crates would need to be opened before being processed creating a new economy.
  • More Totems with more direct skills like being able to highlight on the captains map the location of a decent hot spot of that Totem's fish type.
  • Fix harpooning, it's just sad and pointless. (Add the option to hire a worker to drive the boat to go to harpoon locations. Give workers fish finder skills and watch the drunken harpoon parties happen.

this this this this and this and this

5 people like this

Posted

Great inputs overall :D
My main one would be to keep the spots in the overall same locations, that is, the spot would move in an area - active fishers could follow it, while the spot would drift away from afk fishers. (Please, no "jumping out of view" or "disappearing" spots.) 

Looking at IRL fishing, fishes don't just disappear. But they might move away. I really expected smoother fish/spots movements with this update. 

2 people like this

Posted

yes, some sort of telescope would be nice, so I wouldn`t have to put my face right up on my screen and squint my eyes to search for hotspots :D

2 people like this

Posted

I really enjoy the new fishing system. But you are right OP, it needs to be reworked to work proberly for multiplayer fishing. Last 3 spots I've found I get 1 or 2 Coelacanths in the first go, depending if I used energy to throw the line and then the spot disappears, making me have to go search for another. Some times takes 2 minutes, other times takes 30 minutes to find a new gold spot. Depending on time of day and weather conditions.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why can't we just have both systems. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why can't we just have both systems. 

It'd conflict with each other and there'd be no point of moving spots...

Posted

I dont understand why ppl say because they catch a coelacanth the spot disappears.

It seems to me, but I might be wrong, that arriving (or being) at a spot in its last minutes increases coel catch before it dies, no more no less.

Unless one witnesses the birth of a hotspot, gets a single coel then hotspot dies, I think it makes more sense to assume that one arrived at a dying hotspot.

Overall satisfied with the new system.

Yea sometimes you stumble across several dying hotspots where u catch a coel or one single yellow, or even worse, a blue/green/trash, but I like that u need to get ur ass out there and get your full yellow haul sprinkled with a few coels.

Travel distance + bargain= 2.5/3 millz each run

Posted

I dont understand why ppl say because they catch a coelacanth the spot disappears.

It seems to me, but I might be wrong, that arriving (or being) at a spot in its last minutes increases coel catch before it dies, no more no less.

Unless one witnesses the birth of a hotspot, gets a single coel then hotspot dies, I think it makes more sense to assume that one arrived at a dying hotspot.

Overall satisfied with the new system.

Yea sometimes you stumble across several dying hotspots where u catch a coel or one single yellow, or even worse, a blue/green/trash, but I like that u need to get ur ass out there and get your full yellow haul sprinkled with a few coels.

Travel distance + bargain= 2.5/3 millz each run

That happened to me more than 15 times already. I saw the old spot disappear, then saw the new spot appear, and as soon as I've started fishing, caught a coel and the spot is gone...

Posted

old and new spot exactly at the same spot? or did you have to travel a bit to reach the new one?

Been actively fishing since patch and that has yet to happen to me. At least in freshly spawned hotspot. 

Posted (edited)

There are spots that rotate north of Velia. They generally rotate between two areas, but not always in the exact same spot in each area. Takes like a minute to travel between them. Not a big deal.

So fish one for 30 minutes until it's gone, move to next one for 30 minutes, then go back to the other area. I haven't hunted for spots much since I found this one so quickly. So I'm not sure what it's like in other areas of the ocean. It's a video game though so there has to be some kind of pattern....

Edited by mitts281