• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Poll] Pretty or Creepy (thank you you all!)

[Poll] Pretty or Creepy [Character Creation]   235 votes

1. 1. What do you think? (Without Glasses)

• (Without Glasses) Pretty
    • (Without Glasses) Creepy
  2. 2. What do you think? (With Glasses)

• (With Glasses) Pretty
    • (With Glasses) Creepy

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

Posted

Give it twintails!

Posted (edited)

Give it twintails!

I really wish PA add twintails for us :'(

I will pay for that

Edited by Fxavier

Posted

I think it's because the nose is very small in relation to the eyes. Small nose with barely any bridge + big eyes is what babies and young children have, which causes that creepy doll effect.

That's why your Ranger doesn't make people feel the same way.

Posted

I think it's because the nose is very small in relation to the eyes. Small nose with barely any bridge + big eyes is what babies and young children have, which causes that creepy doll effect.

That's why your Ranger doesn't make people feel the same way.

that's the biggest I can get, is that better?

DO1LjcV.png

Posted

It's kind of counter-intuitive but the nose width controls are actually in the cheek spot next to the nose, rather than in the nose spots themselves.

Honestly though, don't go changing your character around just because of what some other people have said. You designed it the way you did, and if it's how you want it than it doesn't matter what other people say. You're the one playing it, not them, so you should be the one who gets to decide how it should look.

1 person likes this

Posted

DO1LjcV.png

I still like the picture of your tamer with the reddish hair from pg1, uber adorable. :>

Everyone is going to keep pulling you in different directions and it really comes down to your aesthetic preference: Some people find the doll look creepy, others find it cute, much like dolls and 'living dolls' IRL.

What do you prefer? Did you intend for your tamer to look like a doll? Or are you looking for more realistic with a larger nose to fit realistic proportions, etc such as what others have mentioned here? Based on this are the suggestions you should go with in the thread.

Posted (edited)

@scau @Noa

I want my tamer be a sweet adorable girl to most of the ppl's eyes, when every time others tell me she looks creepy as fk I just feel so upset to her.

I know it sound weird, but she is like my daughter and I want other to like her too :( 

So I am trying my best to figure out how to make her pretty to most of the ppl  (´・ω・`)...

for the color, I change the overall color because I wanna look more unique rather than the default color, but it seems I failed :D 

there are 4 different changes I had, it seems very difficult to match the clothes color :/ 

bright eye line seems pretty underwhelmed :q

z9Izdqi.png

this is how she look at the very beginning (CBT2)

pPnmyFl.jpg

Edited by Fxavier

Posted (edited)

I think the chin seems too long in comparison to where the mouth is, at least at the angle the screenshots were taken at. I would also make her iris size smaller or at least try it out. A lot of players make their characters have eyes that look like they're engulfed in a giant pair of circle lens for a certain look they want to achieve, but it may look better without, particularly if people are deeming her 'creepy' in this style. I've tried this look before and found it made my character look more 'creepy' and less human looking, more alien like.

I prefer her with the blue or reddish hair, I think that skin tone and makeup (particularly the blush which is a bit too heavy with the lighter hair shades, imo) looks best with either. :>

Those are my main suggestions. Like I said, it ultimately comes down to what you prefer; some people like super realistic characters and deem those as sweet and adorable, while others prefer something more anime/manga and less realistic as sweet and adorable, etc. ^_^

Edited by Noa

Posted

Soo...

Since you keep posting stuff in this Thread, which is clearly in the wrong category of the Forum as I mentioned on page 1 of this thread...

let me help you again.

I even present you the help in form of a picture, because some people will learn easier with other methods than just reading.

There you go, I hope you understand now the problem....

Unbenanntda.png

2 people like this

Posted

I think the issue really lies with the mouth. Everyone loves your red head picture because the mouth isn't noticed as much when it matches with the hair. The problem isn't with its color though it's just what made me realize it. If you give her more of a natural smile (not so high) and maybe slightly bigger lips, it'll look better. Keep the eyes as is for now (if you don't want the yandere look so much you can lower the eyeball a bit) and revert to the original nose.

Posted (edited)

@Noa @Cat

oh part of the reason the lips looks high is because it automatically smile during the character creation process.

here is what she suppose to look like in game.

RxKaoRj.png 

I think the chin seems too long in comparison to where the mouth is

The chin length seems very tricky to adjust, it always bother me :( 

Edited by Fxavier

Posted (edited)

I..really can not see any discernible changes from the original.

The lips are what bother me. She has no bottom lip and her cupid's bow looks like she's had fillers there. It gives the whole top lip a really unnatural curve.

EDIT: I really like your CBT2 version better if if she looks a tad cross-eyed there.

Edited by Flemeth

Posted

Soo...

Since you keep posting stuff in this Thread, which is clearly in the wrong category of the Forum as I mentioned on page 1 of this thread...

let me help you again.

I even present you the help in form of a picture, because some people will learn easier with other methods than just reading.

There you go, I hope you understand now the problem....

Unbenanntda.png

I think this is the last thread you should "moderate" when there are multiple threads with the same argument in here - mostly tantrums made by people with a perceivable lack of criticism and shame - or suggestions that belong to Suggestion section and instead are here, once again cloned because the users of this forum are totally unable to stick in a thread sharing their opinion and are in search for likes. Still, i didn't see you there using this same tool.
So...  unless the OP or the argument itself bugs you, i'd suggest you to spend your energies to moderate those topics without that l2read, it sounds just pesky.

@OT: That char seems an hobbit under meth, aside from the eyes size the real problem imho are mouth & nose which are too thin and small to be proportioned with the rest.
She remembers me too much Haley Joel Osment, dunno why...

haley-joel-osment-2015.png

Posted

I..really can not see any discernible changes from the original.

here, I adjust the eyelid and the nose. gotta sleep now, will answer more later :3

xHdsFlh.png

Posted

It's better without the maniac smile but the lips could still use a touch up. I think the eyes looked cuter before (if you're aiming for cute). If you put your character file I'm sure ppl here could try to improve it and you could pick your fav or see what can be done at least. Just a suggestion though. 

Posted (edited)

/shrug

Unbenannt..........PNG

Edited by Waldi Bei Aldi

Posted (edited)

here, I adjust the eyelid and the nose. gotta sleep now, will answer more later :3

xHdsFlh.png

I think the iris size should be made smaller as the bottom eyelids were adjusted yet the irises don't seem to reflect any change in the after screenshot. I like the amount of white in the eye in the first picture.

And much like Cat said, if you upload the character file here it would additionally allow others to tinker around with the template to hopefully help in getting a result you like.

Edited by Noa

Posted (edited)

@Noa @Cat

This time I do more noticeable changes. I like the new eyeline with bigger nose and thicker lips, but, for some reason, I still think the bigger Iris looks cuter :/ Right now she look more aggresive imo.

As for uploading the character file, I really want to work my way up to the ideal, I think it is kinda a learning process xD 

cAX9FZX.png

here, I change the Iris size and the hair color, since the upper eyelid is now flatter, she still looks a bit aggressive :/

I prefer white hair, what you guys think?

cCllOga.png

Edited by Fxavier

Posted

I am not sure what make the eye looks weird

is that because of the sharp? or the color? or something else :/

RaY7N4d.jpg

Yo2tqyy.jpg

or both

UQ2UYI7.jpg

It's been a learning process, and that's always good, but going back to the beginning (middle picture), the biggest problem is the "lens" is too high. That makes too much white show underneath.

"Wide open" eyes (ala Zooey Deschanel) need to be narrow (despite the apparent contradiction, there) else they just seem too big. There are limits in the Beauty Shop; if the eyes are narrow horizontally, they will be far apart.

I think the mouth is too wide. The "biting the lower lip" look doesn't bother me, but it's too wide to be 'cute' on a doll face.

The lack of a bridge on the nose is due to the "skin" you chose. As I recall, there's at least one Tamer skin with a bridge. (Making that change will reset everything, so be sure to save, first!)

Anyway, suggestions aside, I just wanted to say, "Nice work!"  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Looks normal to me. Don`t listen to people geeeez

Posted (edited)

It's been a learning process, and that's always good, but going back to the beginning (middle picture), the biggest problem is the "lens" is too high. That makes too much white show underneath.

"Wide open" eyes (ala Zooey Deschanel) need to be narrow (despite the apparent contradiction, there) else they just seem too big. There are limits in the Beauty Shop; if the eyes are narrow horizontally, they will be far apart.

The lack of a bridge on the nose is due to the "skin" you chose. As I recall, there's at least one Tamer skin with a bridge. (Making that change will reset everything, so be sure to save, first!)

Anyway, suggestions aside, I just wanted to say, "Nice work!"  :)

Looks normal to me. Don`t listen to people geeeez

Thank you you guys <3

and sorry for the late reply.

Thank you Eireochd for helping me notice the eyes distance issues, and the lips.

I narrowed the edge of the mouth to make it looks kinda smaller, but I am not sure if that make her look more inhuman or doll-like.

I just wanna make her be a cute little girl, and hopefully don't make her be a creepy doll :x

AeOUVTi.png

here is without default smile (for some reason the flower hairpin is missing)

mdwmAw4.png

Edited by Fxavier

Posted

I thought my little tamer was a cute little girl until some of my friend said she was a creepy doll :'(

I wanna know if that is how others think she is....

(Without Glasses)

arZfN6N.jpg

(With Glasses)

jOm8Bjr.jpg

tamer master race!

i think she's cuter without them

Posted

Well I guess that if you are into dolls and/or waifus she fits that cathegory

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0