• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dye P2W, is community OK about it? (POLL)

Are you ok with converting real life money into silver?   1,043 votes

1. 1. Are you ok with converting real life money into silver?

• No
    • Yes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So in Korea those dyes can sell up to tens of millions of silver. As hard as it is to get them from pearl shop, are you OK with the fact you can convert real life money into ingame silver?

Is this just the first step? What next?

Edited by KRAANIMAL

Posted

As long as i can buy all cashshop items with ingame silver i don't consider it p2w.

But now people can get silver for real money, and non paying players still can't get the cash shop items/advantages except useless colors.

Game went from 99% p2w to 100% p2w, in my opinion

4 people like this

Posted

Yes, i'm totally ok with that. Plus, i also would want to see everything that can be bought in the CS to be available in the silver market.
To me, it's not p2w, it's balance, even more when the CS is filled with items that give some kind of advantage, be it thin.
So... yes, all the BDO cash shop should be tradable on the ingame market.

10 people like this

Posted

Ill be honest i dont like the rng dye system and i dont want any cash shop items available for sale in game.

If it was loyalty that's cool but cash not cool at all

5 people like this

Posted

You must be really high to think that its p2w LOL, the chances of getting true and pure dyes are extremely low.

3 people like this

Posted

I swear to god those trolls..

1 person likes this

Posted

You must be really high to think that its p2w LOL, the chances of getting true and pure dyes are extremely low.

do you really think some p2w guy using the credit card of his parents cares?

some people spent multiple thousands every month on games and a dye is just 25cents

Posted

Can't say that I care at all.  It's no different to me than someone that can play 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.......hours a day. Anybody who can play more then my,  at best,  2 hours a day will have much more money than me,  even if I spent all my time doing nothing but earning money.  

I personally won't sell CS items on the market.  Getting silver that way just cheapens the gaming experience to me.  If other people want to do it,  so what.  It doesn't change my gaming experience one bit.  

5 people like this

Posted

Ugh.. lmao  people have been asking for alternative ways to get dyes since launch, we finally get dyes in the Auction house, and all people do is complain.  9_9

20 people like this

Posted

First, the football dyes are 1 loyalty not $$

Second, you can only get 1 pack

Third, the dyes after taxes will get you 500k~ so you can get 1.5 million if you sell all the sellable dyes.1.5 mil is nothing.

4 people like this

Posted

Whatever, anything is better then everyone looking the same with the most popular outfits.  

Maybe what I want you have and want you want I have?   

1 person likes this

Posted

do you really think some p2w guy using the credit card of his parents cares?

some people spent multiple thousands every month on games and a dye is just 25cents

thats right now, later its going back to normal price.

Literary the argument is the same for horse breeding, except worst since the chances of getting a sellable is near non. 

Unless someone else wants to put some more effort into using more of their pearl disprove my statement that dye selling via cash shop is p2w, then by all means.

Ugh.. lmao  people have been asking for alternative ways to get dyes since launch, we finally get dyes in the Auction house, and all people do is complain.  9_9

Are you surprise lol? the forum is literary always filled with complainers over everything. Daum released the rum event, I remember reading a few complains. Also the adjustment of silver give away for leveling up so newbies can get silver in the beginning of the game (27m overall from level 10-50).

This forum will always have complains on everything. 

If daum releases a a loyalty item that will guide the player to the beginner quests, someone I guarantee someone will say its p2w. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Third, the dyes after taxes will get you 500k~ so you can get 1.5 million if you sell all the sellable dyes.1.5 mil is nothing.

Any pure dye (or was it "True"?) can be sold on market place, you get them from pearl shop too. Prices in Korea are tens of millions per dye.

Wish people read before they start acting all boss

Posted (edited)

Pure dyes can be sold from the market, and obtained from the cash shop.

All the football dyes are pure dyes.

To me, this is pretty terrible, because if people think that this is okay, then what could be next? Sure busy people will get a chance to catch up, but people with enough spare time AND the money will completely ruin the game AND the economy for everyone else since once you're able to sell everything on the cash shop on the market, prices will increase on everything, making the game more of a grind for people who doesn't spend any money on the game.

Edited by Enforce
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, i'm totally ok with that. Plus, i also would want to see everything that can be bought in the CS to be available in the silver market.
To me, it's not p2w, it's balance, even more when the CS is filled with items that give some kind of advantage, be it thin.

You haven't played archeage then, in a game where the best gear is obtained with in-game currency being able to buy said currency for irl money is p2w

2 people like this

Posted

Hmmm lets make this game insta pay to win.

Let a guy spend 5000 euro on the cashshop and use that to buy order all the best gear within 7 days of playing.

Game will be dead within 2 weeks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got 6 white dyes I'm satisfied :x

1 person likes this

Posted

How will they ruin the economy?
Lets take an example... allow costumes to be sold in marketplace... for 100M? Lets take 200M

Player 1 has money, and wants silver.

Player 2 has silver and would like costume but cant afford.

Allow market trade of the costume. Player 2 has less silver, and is happy.

Player 1 has 130M more silver. He is happy. he can now put a 100M buy order on a liverto, and keeps 30M to buy something... be it a +15 armor, blackstones, who cares?
By buying those things, he reinjects the money on players 3, 4, 5... and everytime there is a trade; 35% of the silver is simply deleted.

Allowing the market trade of cash shop items will make plenty of players happy. And it's not p2w, it allows access to "optional items with great benefits on gameplay" to the whole playerbase. Only viable argument imho is elitism of those that can pay 30$ for a costume and dont want to see it at a symbol of their wealth.

2 people like this

Posted

How will they ruin the economy?
Lets take an example... allow costumes to be sold in marketplace... for 100M? Lets take 200M

Player 1 has money, and wants silver.

Player 2 has silver and would like costume but cant afford.

Allow market trade of the costume. Player 2 has less silver, and is happy.

Player 1 has 130M more silver. He is happy. he can now put a 100M buy order on a liverto, and keeps 30M to buy something... be it a +15 armor, blackstones, who cares?
By buying those things, he reinjects the money on players 3, 4, 5... and everytime there is a trade; 35% of the silver is simply deleted.

Allowing the market trade of cash shop items will make plenty of players happy. And it's not p2w, it allows access to "optional items with great benefits on gameplay" to the whole playerbase. Only viable argument imho is elitism of those that can pay 30$ for a costume and dont want to see it at a symbol of their wealth.

player 1 sells 1000 costumes, gets full +20 and pen accessories then one shots the plebs who don't p2w gg game dead

13 people like this

Posted

it's no different from PLEX in Eve, or similar currencies: you're using real money to transfer (not create) in-game currency from one player to another. What's the problem with that?

3 people like this

Posted

Hmmm lets make this game insta pay to win.

Let a guy spend 5000 euro on the cashshop and use that to buy order all the best gear within 7 days of playing.

Game will be dead within 2 weeks.

What will he do with this best gear? He has no skill, he has no knowledge of the game, he has no contribution, no energy, wow he will be abble to kill mobs easily... what a ruin.

I'm sorry but i really dont see the issue. The one that buy stuff gives money to players that played for the stuff they sell. They are thus also more rich, those will rrreinvest this money in other stuff from other players, that will maybe be able to buy something from cash shop a last player put on the marketplace. This is a loop, the market and global playerbase equipment level will balance automatically.

Posted (edited)

What will he do with this best gear? He has no skill, he has no knowledge of the game, he has no contribution, no energy, wow he will be abble to kill mobs easily... what a ruin.

I'm sorry but i really dont see the issue. The one that buy stuff gives money to players that played for the stuff they sell. They are thus also more rich, those will rrreinvest this money in other stuff from other players, that will maybe be able to buy something from cash shop a last player put on the marketplace. This is a loop, the market and global playerbase equipment level will balance automatically.

You're looking at this the wrong way. You act as if gear in the game is useless and only clueless people will sell items on the market from the cash shop.

Quite the contrary. People with money and knowledge into the game will use this and be forever ahead of everyone else.

And no. The only ones getting richer are the people SELLING the stuff, not the ones buying it. Your logic is pretty flawed in this regard.

Edited by Enforce
1 person likes this

Posted

I say let us sell all the dyes.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sorry i dont see the things the way you do... but not a reason for not continuing to argue :D

Multiple games allow cash shop to game money transactions, and they are perfectly balanced.

What will happen if 1 guy, 5, 100 guys go full stuffed by selling cash shop stuff to market ? They wont win node wars by themselves, they wont solo open world bosses, they wont win the game. Not will they ruin the game economy. Everything they buy will make more players richer.

Plus, 2 more things... best stuff doesnt come out from nowhere. Pen jewels are more than rare, boss armor is more than rare, so are the weapons. Putting a very high bid on an item doesnt guarantee someone wont put a higher one. Plus, winning one bid doenst mean you'll win more. A single guy will never be able to "dominate" the server he plays on because he sold 5000$ of cash shop items on the markeplace.

It can also be 1000 players that sell 20$ worth of items for silver; this creates supply and demand routines, and if they all want a +15 kzarka weapon, well they wont have it... cause those items pop 1 time a month.

One perfect way to "prevent too much abuse" is to fix "somewhat low" market prices for those cash shop items. 1 million silvers per 100 pearls. Pets for 10M, costumes for 30M, or inventory slots for 1.5M. It will ease the life of many players, with a very very small chance of a bad couterpart.

1 person likes this

Posted

In my opinion, the game is p2w if the non paying players can never get what the paying players get, and in that regard, I don't think allowing CS items on marketplace is p2w.

I just started the game a day ago, and I don't see myself ever being able to catch those who already have all +15s and looking to get +18s. And by the time I have +15, in 6months or a year, god knows how long. those players prob will already have +20s. In that regard, either way someone is getting out advantaged; but in my opinion, the advantage having CS items on the marketplace outweights the disadvantage. Like many had said, it allows players with lots of silver to get CS items; the system takes some percentage of the gold in to balance the currency value; it allows only very small percetage of players to get good gears due to reasons like: unwilling to grind, lack of time, etc.

It frustrates me to even think I will have to grind so many hours to even get semi decent gears and the game has a lot of other things to do besides grinding, but without grinding I will never be able to catch up.

4 people like this