• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dye P2W, is community OK about it? (POLL)

Are you ok with converting real life money into silver?   1,043 votes

1. 1. Are you ok with converting real life money into silver?

• No
    • Yes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

332 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.  He could get that money from grinding enemies, or he could sell fish for days to get that money.  All he is doing is saving himself TIME.  And that is a convenience.  Not an advantage.

Its definatly and advantage. He can get the best gear in the game by doing absolutely nothing. Hows that fair to everyonelse that spent 60 days played to get their gear? He will have a pvp advantage over all who cant afford to spend thousands apon thousands of dollars.

Posted (edited)

READ FIRST PART DAUM CAPS THE MARKET THEY CAN'T GO ANY HIGHER THEN DAUM LETS THEM MARKET IS NOT FREE ITS REGULATED BUY DAUM FFS

Edited by Mortucus

Posted

Its definatly and advantage. He can get the best gear in the game by doing absolutely nothing. Hows that fair to everyonelse that spent 60 days played to get their gear? He will have a pvp advantage over all who cant afford to spend thousands apon thousands of dollars.

He won't have a pvp advantage over anyone because everyone has access to the gear.  No one is forced to spend real money to get it.

Posted

giphy (1).gif

Posted

READ FIRST PART DAUM CAPS THE MARKET THEY CABT GO ANY HIGHER THEN DAUM LETS THEM MARKET IS NOT FREE ITS RGULATED BUY DAUM FFS

I honestly do not care, i played this game because it was one of the only games out there where you had to WORK for your things..it was a lot like vanilla WoW in the fact that it takes time and effort, and that means something to a lot of people. Now this went down the game is completely different..and therefore i'am quitting, i hope you all enjoy this dying game cause all the hardcore players will soon leave. Seen this happen to many many games, was just hoping it would not happen to this one.

Keep swiping them credit cards scrubs!

Posted

Ive spent 10$ on a pet scrub difference is I'm not a winger like you ill continue to play the game because I ENJOY it and can work for my stuff like you claim you love welcome to mmoarpg games

I honestly do not care, i played this game because it was one of the only games out there where you had to WORK for your things..it was a lot like vanilla WoW in the fact that it takes time and effort, and that means something to a lot of people. Now this went down the game is completely different..and therefore i'am quitting, i hope you all enjoy this dying game cause all the hardcore players will soon leave. Seen this happen to many many games, was just hoping it would not happen to this one.

Keep swiping them credit cards scrubs!

Posted

the solution to this is simple. everyone just dont buy them.

if everyone says this is p2w and stop buying them from the AH then there wont be any p2w.

Posted

well, tytyes actually answered a PM and responed with a good ol

Hi,

This a new change and, like every changes, we'll monitor it to see how the community react to it and what should be changed/improved.

so expect it not to go away

Posted

well, tytyes actually answered a PM and responed with a good ol

Hi,

This a new change and, like every changes, we'll monitor it to see how the community react to it and what should be changed/improved.

so expect it not to go away

One last thing before i leave the game and the forums for good. One of the games features that interested thousands of thousands of people were the leader boards. With this pay to win feature added into the game the wealth leader board is nothing but a lie. I' am #1 gatherer on my server. So whats next people being able to buy the EXP scrolls from the loyalty shop with real life money? I really feel bad for the people that put time and effort into getting first place on the wealth leader board. Cause now people with too much real life money will be #1

Posted

Isn't this just a bug where they forgot to tick some boxes at some dyes? xD

Posted (edited)

BRB guys. Going to try to list all of my rare dyes on the auction house for 20 million each.

What the hell is going on??? It won't let me go above 5 million silver!!! YOU ALL LIED TO ME! YOU TOLD ME I COULD BE RICH IN 2 HOURS!

Now i'm back to square one again. Having online cyber sex for health potions. I'll never afford my dream gear like this.

Edited by SaturdayKrush
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Be happy if you manage to sell 10% of all your dyes.

Edited by Darkhain

Posted

I chosed BDO to not "enjoy" this kind of p2w trash system. Many players say that this "p2w" is less destructive and negative than I think, but I hate p2w. I work 8-10 hours, I can spend more money to game BUT i don't want to play in real money based "competitive" game.  This RM-dye-ingame-silver system is only a little bit better than archeage. Dye is optional and not strategic or critical item like APEX or regrade charms in AA. Small effect maybe but I hate it.  Trust function of Daum converge to zero in time. :D

Posted

this thread is one of the best i've read in a loooooooooong time :D

just for the records, i couldn't care less if the colors are ingame sellable or not :ph34r:

Posted

this is first step

for now let's just wait if there is no change, then there is no problem because you can earn much more silver from farming.

if they increase silver cap that will be second step and after that we can talk or cry for p2w.

Posted

He won't have a pvp advantage over anyone because everyone has access to the gear.  No one is forced to spend real money to get it.

post a screen of your gear pls.

Posted

Gonna use some of the flawed logic I see here on these boards. I'm going down to your level folks. Here I go! 

$30 Game Version:

- Game Client

$50 Game Version:

- Game Client

- Tier 3 horse

- Horse Flute

- Pet of choice

- 5 unknown dye boxes

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! Look at those advantages the $50 dollar players get compared to the $30 ones. So much pay to win. I'm going back to World of Warcraft , Aion, Star Wars Online, Wild Star, Tera, RuneScape, Eve, Final Fantasy, etc where I can't buy my way to the top.

Posted

Gonna use some of the flawed logic I see here on these boards. I'm going down to your level folks. Here I go! 

$30 Game Version:

- Game Client

$50 Game Version:

- Game Client

- Tier 3 horse

- Horse Flute

- Pet of choice

- 5 unknown dye boxes

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! Look at those advantages the $50 dollar players get compared to the $30 ones. So much pay to win. I'm going back to World of Warcraft , Aion, Star Wars Online, Wild Star, Tera, RuneScape, Eve, Final Fantasy, etc where I can't buy my way to the top.

Do you not realize there is a person that already has 400 million silver worth of dyes waiting to be sold..all it took him was 2.5 hrs to open them all up. He has a video of it up on this forum, go watch it. His 400 million estimate was considering the dyes went up to 20-30 mill like they are on KR. And you watch eventually they will be worth that much. People with huge wallets will soon rule this game. Tell me where i can make 400 million in the game by grinding in 2.5 hrs. He also says if dyes don't go up in price and stay at 5 million he will just buy 10x more. Games are about PLAYING and EARNING your gear..not by clicking a fukn dye box for 2hrs.

Also this makes the wealth leader board a lie now..you will never know if someone earned his top spot or bought his way there. This is just the begining too. If this sticks around who's to say that the rest of the leader board wont be tainted by P2W bullshit.

Posted

$30 Game Version:

- Game Client

$50 Game Version:

- Game Client

- Tier 3 horse

- Horse Flute

- Pet of choice

- 5 unknown dye boxes

indeed it's a pretty significant advantage, the horse flute saved my life in pvp many times already.

BUT everyone can afford to pay 20$ to get this advantage, while p2w through dyes is limited to those whales who can spend 100.000$ on the game :)

Posted (edited)

Do you not realize there is a person that already has 400 million silver worth of dyes waiting to be sold..all it took him was 2.5 hrs to open them all up. He has a video of it up on this forum, go watch it. His 400 million estimate was considering the dyes went up to 20-30 mill like they are on KR. And you watch eventually they will be worth that much. People with huge wallets will soon rule this game. Tell me where i can make 400 million in the game by grinding in 2.5 hrs. He also says if dyes don't go up in price and stay at 5 million he will just buy 10x more. Games are about PLAYING and EARNING your gear..not by clicking a fukn dye box for 2hrs.

Also this makes the wealth leader board a lie now..you will never know if someone earned his top spot or bought his way there. This is just the begining too. If this sticks around who's to say that the rest of the leader board wont be tainted by P2W bullshit.

I can shell out a couple grand and not even personally play and make that much silver. I'll get a leveled up toon along with it. What's the difference? The dye prices are capped and the market is set by Daum. Ain't nobody making 400mil on the US version. But assume that happens. Now you're telling people they shouldn't farm their booties off and obtain cash shop exclusive dye for free.

Edited by SaturdayKrush

Posted

indeed it's a pretty significant advantage, the horse flute saved my life in pvp many times already.

BUT everyone can afford to pay 20$ to get this advantage, while p2w through dyes is limited to those whales who can spend 100.000$ on the game :)

Many people can afford $100.000, they just don't want to spend that much on a game.  That is why some people don't pay $20 for a costume, but they will be happy to buy it with silver from market.

People shouldn't complain about P2W,  This world is P2W,  rich people can buy the publishing rights from Daum and change the game.

Posted

Many people can afford $100.000, they just don't want to spend that much on a game.  That is why some people don't pay $20 for a costume, but they will be happy to buy it with silver from market.

People shouldn't complain about P2W,  This world is P2W,  rich people can buy the publishing rights from Daum and change the game.

true, thats why i said in my first post EVERY item should be allowed to be sold on the marketplace.

Those who don't want to spend money can get it with silver.

those who don't want to grind can get silver with money.

everyone wins, except those who are not ready to spend time nor money on the game.

right now people who pay can get unlimited silver AND all the cashshop benefits, which is just unfair and no1 should support this kind of model.

Posted (edited)

He sold dyes for 400m. He gotta be rich.

You can get boss armor  and kzarka weapon from field boss or make DUO Ogre ring for the 400M.  You gotta be lucky.

Some rich guys are also complaining " WTF lucky bastard got TRI again,  I failed to make it many times."

People with huge wallets will rule the game , you are right , rich people rule the world,  they have more power and all nice stuffs in real life.

Edited by BDOIMBA

Posted

If I'm fighting someone in-game, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if they bought $1000 worth of dyes and sold them, then used that silver to buy the best gear *they could find* on the AH and enhance it, or if they had just been playing for 16 hours a day.

As a result, I really don't care.

2 people like this

Posted

Do you not realize there is a person that already has 400 million silver worth of dyes waiting to be sold..all it took him was 2.5 hrs to open them all up. He has a video of it up on this forum, go watch it. His 400 million estimate was considering the dyes went up to 20-30 mill like they are on KR.

Apart from the fact that he only has 40 mil in dyes as not only did he forget the marketplace tax, but he also assumed that dyes would be 25 million when they're capped at 4.9 million. You can't move the goalposts to suit your argument.