• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Will grunil still be BIS when valencia comes?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Just  a quick question

Posted

yes.

Posted

Boss armor is BiS, no?

Posted

Wasn't aware grunil was BiS.

Posted

Boss armor is endgame BiS. Grunil is BiS until then. The 120 WP really isn't worth it from Taritas. The 2 sockets is much more useful.

Posted

Or rocaba until boss armour ....it gives w.p and evasion and has 2 slots each piece. The mount of dmg from w.p on gale and dragon is insane

Posted

Or rocaba until boss armour ....it gives w.p and evasion and has 2 slots each piece. The mount of dmg from w.p on gale and dragon is insane

Actually the amount of damage gained from WP on any skill is really, not that much at all. 

And if Rocaba were even implemented yet, sure it could be considered a BiS choice until boss armor.. but it's not implemented yet

Posted

The question whas in valencia not now. And 15% dmg incrase from wp on dragon bite is alot from my 560 wp

Posted

The question whas in valencia not now. And 15% dmg incrase from wp on dragon bite is alot from my 560 wp

It's really not that much when I have 375 WP without Taritas. You gain 19 extra damage on me.. SOOO much damage.

Posted

i have 570 w.p ...15% from my w.p is an increase of  85,5 dmg ...and yes it is a big increase ......and good luck tring to do your part in a gvg with that amount of w.p you will hit the potion cooldoun and die reali fast especiali now with the increase in dash speed

Posted

i have 570 w.p ...15% from my w.p is an increase of  85,5 dmg ...and yes it is a big increase ......and good luck tring to do your part in a gvg with that amount of w.p you will hit the potion cooldoun and die reali fast especiali now with the increase in dash speed

That is before DP calculations. Also if you're having WP problems when above 300, then you really need to learn to micro manage your WP more.

Posted (edited)

Just out of curiosity, trying to understand the reasoning’s behind the things everyones saying.

The three main combos to my understanding are 2xTari/2xGrun, 4xGrun and 2xRoc/2xGrun (Completely ignoring boss armour here).

The big things I see with them is the Tari mixed set gets more DP and WP (HP too?), full Grun gets 2 AP more, and the Roc mixed set gets some WP and extra sockets/slots.

Just wondering here, people keep saying “that extra WP isn’t doing much”, but, what is that extra AP doing or those extra sockets? Looking over stuff on damage scaling, 2 AP isn’t “massive” damage bonus either, probably not too far off that WP bonus really, and those sockets you’re gaining, not really seeing much useful stuff to put there other than more HP, some Resistances (I don’t know how useful this is in PvP but the fact we use Chase a lot and to my understanding only generally attack during our CCs I’d figure the mileage you’re gaining on the resistances is kinda small), there’s also Stamina bonuses too but w/e.

So, anyone care to fill me in here, just wondering if I’m missing something ^^?

Just to note, I’m only a basic lvl 50 Musa, so I don’t claim to know much, but I see lots of people saying contradicting things so I’d like to get some straight reasoning if at all possible.

Edited by Ihm

Posted

Just out of curiosity, trying to understand the reasoning’s behind the things everyones saying.

The three main combos to my understanding are 2xTari/2xGrun, 4xGrun and 2xRoc/2xGrun (Completely ignoring boss armour here).

The big things I see with them is the Tari mixed set gets more DP and WP (HP too?), full Grun gets 2 AP more, and the Roc mixed set gets some WP and extra sockets/slots.

Just wondering here, people keep saying “that extra WP isn’t doing much”, but, what is that extra AP doing or those extra sockets? Looking over stuff on damage scaling, 2 AP isn’t “massive” damage bonus either, probably not too far off that WP bonus really, and those sockets you’re gaining, not really seeing much useful stuff to put there other than more HP (Which the Tari mix gives you anyway), some Resistances (I don’t know how useful this is in PvP but the fact we use Chase a lot and to my understanding only generally attack during our CCs I’d figure the mileage you’re gaining on the resistances is kinda small), there’s also Stamina bonuses too but w/e.

So, anyone care to fill me in here, just wondering if I’m missing something ^^?

Just to note, I’m only a basic lvl 50 Musa, so I don’t claim to know much, but I see lots of people saying contradicting things so I’d like to get some straight reasoning if at all possible.

I used to run 2tari/2grun and now I'm 4grun. 2 ap more is not much but keep in mind that at some point getting more ap is hard, with full +15 getting 2 ap is like making your MoS pri. But even if you ignore extra 2 ap you still have more slots which means that you can put more hp and resistances (or movement speed if you hate resistances but trust me, they are useful as hell) into your gear. Extra wp from taritas isn't needed once you reach around 300wp and that is very easy with just health levels and if you feel like you need more wp you can always slot wp gems into your armor. The only clear adventage of taritas/grunil mix is higher dp, but dp doesnt scale well and you're not a tank class anyway.
My stats at lvl 56 are 2.6k hp (I dont have my health level maxed yet), 300wp, capped knockdown resistance, around 130ap (acc offhand) and 160dp (my grunil isn't ultimate yet, full ultimate gives extra 20dp).

Posted

Just my two sense...after the update having more wp is the way to go.  In order to successfully perform more combos and attacks successfully, we use more wp than ever before.  The reduced cool downs on alot of our abilities means we eat through the wp faster.  So the extra bonus from the taritas set for me has been the way to to go. Even with pots, without a healthy wp pool you will never be able to keep up during node and siege wars.

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Accidental post...

Edited by Ihm

Posted

Naw. Full grunil hands down. The sockets are a hundred times more valuables than that tiny bit of resource. Any top 10% player will tell you that. 

Posted

I agree to disagree watch how fast your wp gets burned up.  No gem slot will compare for that.  Plus extra damage on wp scaling abilities.  Your wrong hands down

Posted

boss gear is current BiS period . grunil is just significantly easier to get.

1 person likes this

Posted

Burhead is obviously right but this is besides that

1 person likes this

Posted

he asked for BiS , boss is BiS, outside of boss armor there are different variations that work for people in different situations, taritas can be useful for extra WP. heve for hp , grunil for hp/ap , hell some people even use agerian for constant attack speed being able to use gems for other things (like crit in gloves)

but the ''best'' set with the most options will inevitably be leaning towards grunil because of extra gem slots. just keep in mind grunil is by far the most expensive green armor set.

Posted

I don't know if i should change my 2x Taritas / 2x Grunil for 2x Rocaba/ 2x Grunil or full Grunil.

Rocaba looks really good.

Posted

Just my two sense...after the update having more wp is the way to go.  In order to successfully perform more combos and attacks successfully, we use more wp than ever before.  The reduced cool downs on alot of our abilities means we eat through the wp faster.  So the extra bonus from the taritas set for me has been the way to to go. Even with pots, without a healthy wp pool you will never be able to keep up during node and siege wars.

I have absolutely zero issues managing my WP pool with 375 WP. I'm able to move in, get all my combos off and have excess WP to get back out. Usually with my target being dead as I'm leaving. So.. what's your issue?

Posted (edited)

Eh..i don't really go on forum much..but if it makes you guys feel better im wearing 3 x +15 ultimate agerian, armor, helm and boots .. and 1 kaia gloves ( yes kaia gloves for the 2 slot and 30 hp bonus )

+15 blue yuria blade

+15 white horn bow

2x +5 ap earring of sealed magical power

2x blue coral ring

duo bares neck

about 122 ap 174 dp

and im killing people whos lvl 55+ and higher with rising storm dragon bite combo ..

they  thought that i wear full grunil..but i just wear full agerian and put in some ap crystal slot after maxing atk speed.  maybe those people who wear grunil can do better dmg ? i am not sure, but one thing for sure is that im happy with my character, he doesn't feel weak at all, i manage to kill 1 guy out of 3 people that tries to pk me and i manage to escape..

the trick is to get get tons and tons and tons of concentration potions

Edited by lavexis

Posted

So what I can conclude from this is that 2Grunil/2 Taritas is as good as Full Grunil depending on your play stile. I think both options are good tbh. 

Posted

The only reason to go 2tart/2grunil before having 30 food is because you lack skill at that class and have no WP management. 

4grunil or fall behind and die like the rest of the Bladers trying to make 2tart/2grunil a thing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0