• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Super Important Game Breaking Mechanic

20 posts in this topic

Posted

How the hell do i turn off this retarded ult turning nonsense they added?

Its total garbage compared to just using mouse movement. 

@CM_Jouska why would you add this? Does anyone even test these mechanics? Now it overrides the mouse movement aim and you cant look around without redirecting it. 

Why? Just why was this necessary? How retarded do you think the playerbase is that this would actually help?

2 people like this

Posted

Maybe you should just adjust your hacks to make up for it, buddy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe you should just adjust your hacks to make up for it, buddy.

wut?

Posted

Now it overrides the mouse movement aim and you cant look around without redirecting it. 

there is a mechanic for looking around you know ;p

by default its the scroll wheel ( the middle mouse button, whatever you call it). press and hold it, then look around

Posted

there is a mechanic for looking around you know ;p

by default its the scroll wheel ( the middle mouse button, whatever you call it). press and hold it, then look around

hmmm i rebound that button to a hotkey

My issue is that people will try and get behind me so i can click behind me to flip the ult in a 180. But when i switch back to camera control to try and turn the camera that way the new aim redirects back forward giving them enough time to dip out. Irritating af. 

Posted

"game breaking"... we are a bit dramatic aren't we?

Posted

I saw this post earlier and dismissed it thinking OP was being dramatic as well -- until I went in RBF and had OWPvP encounters and I realized OP is making a lot of good points. I wouldn't call it 'game breaking', but it should be treated as a serious issue. With the recent patch, the mouse no longer toggles off(disappears) when being hit, so we can turn our aoe easier now. There should be a toggle for using the camera for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

"game breaking"... we are a bit dramatic aren't we?

Just a bit. Hyperbole for clicks but its still a bit of an issue. An extremely irritating issue. 

Posted

When you said game breaking I thought you were referring to the 90% slow wizards have from chain lightning.

Posted (edited)

This is actually an added feature. Now, you can turn your Lightning Ultimate while in-progress to change targets w/o the mouse movement activated. Just don't change your angle if you want to keep it in the same area.

Edit:

Ok, my bad, I now see how this could be a negative. lol

Edited by Zephy

Posted

When you said game breaking I thought you were referring to the 90% slow wizards have from chain lightning.

Wiz have 90% slow from chain lighting?!! HOW?!  I thought you could only get it to 50% at best if awakened?

Posted

This is actually an added feature. Now, you can turn your Lightning Ultimate while in-progress to change targets w/o the mouse movement activated. Just don't change your angle if you want to keep it in the same area.

Edit:

Ok, my bad, I now see how this could be a negative. lol

Why would it be a negative thing?

Posted (edited)

Why would it be a negative thing?

Because you can't look around without moving your spell and it turns so slowly and periodically that it's not even useful for what it's intended to be used for; the old method of turning on click-to-move and clicking the direction you want to aim is still instant and thus much superior for aiming, and before this change allowed us to look around and survey the situation much more easily as well.

Edited by Zephan
1 person likes this

Posted

Because you can't look around without moving your spell and it turns so slowly and periodically that it's not even useful for what it's intended to be used for; the old method of turning on click-to-move and clicking the direction you want to aim is still instant and thus much superior for aiming, and before this change allowed us to look around and survey the situation much more easily as well.

I haven't be able to get the click-to-move function to work which is why I find this useful. How to you do the aiming for the click-to-move?

Posted

I haven't be able to get the click-to-move function to work which is why I find this useful. How to you do the aiming for the click-to-move?

Before they made this change, you simply moved your camera around as you wanted, hit Ctrl and clicked the ground in the direction you wanted your spell to be aimed. Now you have to hold down the camera button (middle mouse button by default) in order to look around without moving the spell thus cancelling the mouse-click aiming. If you're having trouble, are you sure you have the option on? It's "Use mouse movements" in the Game tab of the settings.

Posted

Before they made this change, you simply moved your camera around as you wanted, hit Ctrl and clicked the ground in the direction you wanted your spell to be aimed. Now you have to hold down the camera button (middle mouse button by default) in order to look around without moving the spell thus cancelling the mouse-click aiming. If you're having trouble, are you sure you have the option on? It's "Use mouse movements" in the Game tab of the settings.

I had the option on but turned it off after I couldn't figure out how it worked. 

I didn't realize that was an option before the patch and it sounds nice. Could you use the option for other spells?

Posted

Anything that isn't targeted; you can still do it, just don't move the camera (at least not without holding down the camera button) or else it will re-align your spell.

Posted

I had the option on but turned it off after I couldn't figure out how it worked. 

I didn't realize that was an option before the patch and it sounds nice. Could you use the option for other spells?

Yup. Just about all of them that you would need it for. Move meteor around while its going off. If you try and use the new mechanic it will only move in the second between the initial fire dmg and the actual end burst. Big for blizzard as well if you use it. 

Having been using the original click method long before they made this change I gotta say its a huge downgrade and worse because there is no option to turn it off. Over a month later and I still keep slipping up and try to turn the camera to see where im shooting like the scrub i am...

(This was a shameless bump to get more/new attention. Having this reverted back would be a huge QoL change)

Posted

I feel the same and there should be a way to turn this off, i look behind me to see if someone is coming up on me, and bam it turns my spell.

Posted

How the hell do i turn off this retarded ult turning nonsense they added?

Its total garbage compared to just using mouse movement. 

@CM_Jouska why would you add this? Does anyone even test these mechanics? Now it overrides the mouse movement aim and you cant look around without redirecting it. 

Why? Just why was this necessary? How retarded do you think the playerbase is that this would actually help?

agree, its amazing they made it worse -.-