• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

WTF are you actually winning when you buy dyes?

167 posts in this topic

Posted

OMFG YOU CAN BUY DYES IN THE GAME NOW THAT IS SO PAY TO WIN.

Win what exactly? What is dying your character purple going to win you? The fashion show? A new boyfriend?

Oh wait.....its because you get a 1/100 chance to sell that dye for 2 mil silver. Can we just stop with this retarded outrage at something that doesn't have any actual impact on anything at all?

19 people like this

Posted

I never understood how it could bother anyone that others complain or got concerns about something. ¬¬

I welcome the change of being able to buy dye's I want, dc p2w or not. but tbh, with a b2p game they could atleast make dye's free. Everything else already cost cash. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Money which then lets you buy gear. Price is already rising. Soon one dye = boss gear.

Edited by Master Chef
14 people like this

Posted

these dyes have been out a day and have already tripled in value or more and without sign of stop, a mere 2 mil is not where their pricing is going to end (heck some are already well past that threshold) which at the point when the prices really start to pick up will become a significant issue. In other regions these dyes are in the tens of millions and more, being able to make that much silver through the cash store is absurd and definitely p2w, you could basically drop a few dollars of dye and buy yourself boss gear. 

4 people like this

Posted

How about you pause and actually think for a second?

6 people like this

Posted

@rekrn

Spreading yet more misinformation. All evidence shows that it is statistically average to spend $2.4 and get ~3 million silver in sell-able dyes. This is only going to get worse as the price of dyes sky rocket to what they go for in other regions.

Posted

In RU, true dyes cost 30+ mil, we'll get there eventually just wait

Posted

@Lemon Crush

But now nothing is stopping some guy from blowing $500 and putting a 500kk reservation on a piece of boss armor.

1 person likes this

Posted

OMFG YOU CAN BUY DYES IN THE GAME NOW THAT IS SO PAY TO WIN.

Win what exactly? What is dying your character purple going to win you? The fashion show? A new boyfriend?

Oh wait.....its because you get a 1/100 chance to sell that dye for 2 mil silver. Can we just stop with this retarded outrage at something that doesn't have any actual impact on anything at all?

The issue is that,that 2mil silver dye may turn into a 20Mil+ dye , like in Korea. If prices we're completely capped at 2M no more it wouldn't be an issue.

Posted

I thought only the dyes from the loyalty event could be sold?

Posted

At this point I just want them to start selling fail stacks so most of the people -----ing about dyes can see what happens when real P2W happens lol not that they would be effected much lol.

Posted

The pay to win dye people make me laugth cause who is to say we wont sell dyes we dont want and buy ones we do want with silver to save some irl cash against rng?

The complainers also dont want a soulution to the real dye issue that is all rng, instead they think if you want a set of the dyes you truly want you should spend thousands of irl currency. Not everyone is as bland as you people wanting to all wear the same color clothes. dull and boring that is omg.

+ people act like we dont buy things irl that we dont need then sell them things to get some cash back? thats pay to win irl!!!

Posted

The definition of p2w sure got broader than when I first started playing mmorpgs. My understanding of pay2win was that if someone could get a significant advantage by paying money that was in no way obtainable without paying money, that was pay2win. Nowadays it seems any advantage is p2w, regardless if the only advantage is saving some time. I've even heard people say having pets is p2w, because looting becomes more efficient, so they get money quicker, so they get good equipment faster. Like holy -----ing hell calm down people, its not a race, its a marathon, you'll get your boss weapons eventually, quit being jealous of the other kids. 

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Sheld

Posted

these dyes have been out a day and have already tripled in value or more and without sign of stop, a mere 2 mil is not where their pricing is going to end (heck some are already well past that threshold) which at the point when the prices really start to pick up will become a significant issue. In other regions these dyes are in the tens of millions and more, being able to make that much silver through the cash store is absurd and definitely p2w, you could basically drop a few dollars of dye and buy yourself boss gear. 

My future ninja likes this system. Not pay to win if you can still earn decent money in the game to compete with those who purchase dyes to sell other players.

Posted

They should add full rmt, its the best for everyone, it only would hurt the top 0'1%, right now you need 3 pets, inventory space /weight, a costume, free lodge and storage, horse breeding is full pay win, I would rather spend my 300kk silver in that than in gear

Getting boss armor with silver is hard even if you have the silver, there are not many people selling that, the total amount of boss armor in the game would be the same, what would change is that instead of a player like me trying to get it, it would be someone else using silver from players like me, the easiest way to obtain the gear would still be playing the game

as long as they cant generate the gear (sell it directly) or skip rng im fine with rmt

Posted (edited)

The definition of p2w sure got broader than when I first started playing mmorpgs. My understanding of pay2win was that if someone could get a significant advantage by paying money that was in no way obtainable without paying money, that was pay2win. Nowadays it seems any advantage is p2w, regardless if the only advantage is saving some time. I've even heard people say having pets is p2w, because looting becomes more efficient, so they get money quicker, so they get good equipment faster. Like holy -----ing hell calm down people, its not a race, its a marathon, you'll get your boss weapons eventually, quit being jealous of the other kids. 

Exactly.

People will say anything is P2W if it gets another player a head of themselves which is just ridicules.

Seriously all this drama about dyes being P2W is really just people being upset an jealous over what they don't have in game.

What's next character slots are P2W because I can buy another character and use it's energy to farm for energy pots and sell them on the market for 1.8 mil?  

Well first off all those posting are done by different users, at most 2 of them are from one user (both black and white dyes)

Secondly those were the free dyes we got from the event so an influx of dyes wont be seen like that again until they hand out more free dyes in some kind of event. 

Edited by Desvero

Posted

I do not like this dye system and hope it is removed its p2w

cash for silver it has no place in this game

Posted (edited)

OP 

Is it really that hard to understand that you can buy a shitload of dyes, get the ones that are able to be sold on the marketplace and sell them there for in game silver which then be used to buy end game gear?

Do you think about things before you post stuff?

How do people not see the problem with this? Did it ever occur to them that in korea, at this very moment you can buy an entire outfit and sell it for 20+ milion silver.

Do you understand what inflation that causes to market if all you need to do is buy ONE outfit and sell it for 20+ million silver?

Reason I ask this is because they CLEARLY want to do this and are testing player reactions by doing this bullshit. They are testing the player feedback and response to guage whether or not it is ok to begin allowing all dyes to be sold on the marketplace then they will move costumes and outfits. They want it to be like the Korean model so bad because they will make SHITLOADS of cash from whales by doing it EVEN though they said they've had a strong stance against Play 2 win model like Korea has.

This game is already slowly dying, but if you allow this, it kill the game off entirely for NA/EU audience.

Edited by KeiirValk

Posted

Thanky you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanky you.

Thanky you?

How is buying dyes in the pearl shop with real money to sell in the game for silver to buy end game gear to have an advantage NOT pay 2 win? Are you guys -----ing stupid?

It is the VERY definition of paying for an advantage.

Yes paying for a pet is convenience, yes paying for weight limit is convenience although it loosely ties with having an advantage (aka more items to carry , more silver to obtain ) , these are convenience items and I would consider them fine.

When you start going into the realm of directly buying items through the game's shop system to get direct silver to buy end game gear, that is when you are obviously crossing the line into very obvious pay 2 win territory.

If you BOTH can't see that, then you are very -----ing stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

these dyes have been out a day and have already tripled in value or more and without sign of stop, a mere 2 mil is not where their pricing is going to end (heck some are already well past that threshold) which at the point when the prices really start to pick up will become a significant issue.

Yesterday when I opened my dyes they were worth 1.1M. Was just ingame and they're over 4.9M now, nearing 5.

That's worth around 1.5M more than the coral rings now, so I'd say it's already becoming fairly significant.

Having dyes being able to be sold on the market isn't a terrible thing, but with control over the market prices being in the developer/publisher hands they should exercise that control to cap dyes at a low amount. As in below a million.

Don't make it profitable to do, just make it available to do.