• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

WTF are you actually winning when you buy dyes?

167 posts in this topic

Posted

OMFG YOU CAN BUY DYES IN THE GAME NOW THAT IS SO PAY TO WIN.

The P2W that people are claiming is that a cash shop user can now buy up tons of dye boxes, sell the dye and then buy the best gear in game. This is P2W, however what they fail to mention is that you can also get these dyes through the loyalty shop boxes; so it's not P2W.

Posted

Well this explains your ignorance. The game itself was fine, great even. The publisher's cash milking destroyed it. Honestly asking  question really brings to light how the defenders of this dye system can possibly do so, turns out to be through either a lack of experience or lack of IQ.

No not really. I just hated the game. In fact I got a refund on it about 3 weeks after buying it.  I didnt even play it long enough to get "milked" by it.  People like different things...not realising that really is a massive display of immaturity and a low IQ.

Posted

The P2W that people are claiming is that a cash shop user can now buy up tons of dye boxes, sell the dye and then buy the best gear in game. This is P2W, however what they fail to mention is that you can also get these dyes through the loyalty shop boxes; so it's not P2W.

Actually I spent 3k loyalties on dyes so I can sell on the market, made only 15m. But on the other hand I spent $1k on pearls for dyes, made 400m already. So disposable income FTW!

Posted

No not really. I just hated the game. In fact I got a refund on it about 3 weeks after buying it.  I didnt even play it long enough to get "milked" by it.  People like different things...not realising that really is a massive display of immaturity and a low IQ.

"Its cold where I live so global warming isn't real" sure thing mate.

Posted

"Its cold where I live so global warming isn't real" sure thing mate.

Potato when crushed makes velvet rhinoceros guns.

Makes about as much contextual sense as what you wrote.

Posted

FFS.  You genuinely are the most irritating retard I've encountered yet.  An analogy has to have some relevance to the topic at hand.  Yours didn't...its just an inane comment from someone who seems to think they are about 40 IQ points cleverer than they are. 

I explained that I didn't like archeage and you reply with an analogy that would be suitable for an imaginary situation where I denied there was P2W in Archeage, when in fact there was.  However I didnt deny that there was...I just said I never played it long enough to find out as I considered it shit.  Nor do I give a ----- whether it was P2W or not.  Nor in fact do I much give a ----- whether BDO is pay to win or not either.  I certainly wont be paying them anything for dyes and the imbalance is so bad in this game in pvp anyway who gives  a shit if someone can buy better gear?

Posted

Actually I spent 3k loyalties on dyes so I can sell on the market, made only 15m. But on the other hand I spent $1k on pearls for dyes, made 400m already. So disposable income FTW!

That's down to RNG, the fact you can buy dyes and sell them without spending real money means the change is not P2W.

Posted (edited)

Potato when crushed makes velvet rhinoceros guns.

Been playing " the culling" by any chance ? 

Edited by Beeso

Posted

That's down to RNG, the fact you can buy dyes and sell them without spending real money means the change is not P2W.

LOL, and here you are, stupid as ever and keep being a white knight. 200 Loyalties for 1 unknown dyes or 25 cents for Pearl per try.

Oh sure, it's not P2W at all, I can grind 2543254 hours to get billions of silver as well.

----- LOGIC THEN.

Posted

Loyalty dyes are severely limited in this regard by the fact you need loyalty to purchase them, which can only be gained once per 24 hours. In contrast, there is no limit to the number of dyes you could purchase with pearls.

In this case the P2W concerns are very real. The max auction price the dyes can be listed at needs to be dramatically lowered.

Posted

LOL, and here you are, stupid as ever and keep being a white knight. 200 Loyalties for 1 unknown dyes or 25 cents for Pearl per try.

Oh sure, it's not P2W at all, I can grind 2543254 hours to get billions of silver as well.

----- LOGIC THEN.

Sorry that you don't understand how the English language works, perhaps you should focus more on that rather than getting so emotional over someone proving you wrong. :) P2W is giving and advantage to paying customers that is NOT available to free customers, which is true here as you can buy dyes with loyalty points. There's also the fact that the dyes are RNG, so a paying customers could get nothing whilst a loyalty customers can get a rare dye (and vice versa). 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Leyline

Posted

The funny thing is, is that most of these idiots dont realize its only dye the can be gotten from loyalty that can be sold lol.  but then again from some people testing 100$ nets you anywhere from 20-70ish mil depending on their luck. So I guess its like 2 whole days of life skills tough shit.

Posted

This dye dilemma reminds me of this scene.

#whales, #p2w, #MMOlife

Posted

:) P2W is giving and advantage to paying customers that is NOT available to free customers

I agree with you on this statement. Since loyalty points are the same for everyone and everyone can buy the same exact amount of dyes since pricing is standard, we can discount them and concentrate on dyes obtained via real cash. Since I can get infinite dyes this way and a free customer cannot, this fits in your definition of p2w.

Posted (edited)

FFS.  You genuinely are the most irritating retard I've encountered yet.  An analogy has to have some relevance to the topic at hand.  Yours didn't...its just an inane comment from someone who seems to think they are about 40 IQ points cleverer than they are. 

I explained that I didn't like archeage and you reply with an analogy that would be suitable for an imaginary situation where I denied there was P2W in Archeage, when in fact there was.  However I didnt deny that there was...I just said I never played it long enough to find out as I considered it shit.  Nor do I give a ----- whether it was P2W or not.  Nor in fact do I much give a ----- whether BDO is pay to win or not either.  I certainly wont be paying them anything for dyes and the imbalance is so bad in this game in pvp anyway who gives  a shit if someone can buy better gear?

Ahh you chose not to quote me.

Think on the analogy a little, feel free to take your time, it'll become apparent eventually.

You might not care that the game becomes pay to win, but you will when you realise that an mmorpg requires players to remain alive when everyone else who does care about pay to win leaves after the game's outcome is decided by who has the biggest wallet.

Edited by Kuroshikon

Posted

Ahh you chose not to quote me.

Think on the analogy a little, feel free to take your time, it'll become apparent eventually.

You might not care that the game becomes pay to win, but you will when you realise that an mmorpg requires players to remain alive when everyone else who does care about pay to win leaves after the game's outcome is decided by who has the biggest wallet.

Amazingly...and I want you to grasp this really firmly with both hands, I dont care if the game dies either.  Its just a game, there have been and will continue to be many others.  Maybe one day they'll get it right?

Posted (edited)

Amazingly...and I want you to grasp this really firmly with both hands, I dont care if the game dies either.  Its just a game, there have been and will continue to be many others.  Maybe one day they'll get it right?

In other words, having no opinion either way, you  came into this discussion for no reason other than to blow some wind to draw a little attention. Were you feeling left out while the rest of us were talking? 

Edited by Kuroshikon

Posted

The definition of p2w sure got broader than when I first started playing mmorpgs. My understanding of pay2win was that if someone could get a significant advantage by paying money that was in no way obtainable without paying money, that was pay2win. Nowadays it seems any advantage is p2w, regardless if the only advantage is saving some time. I've even heard people say having pets is p2w, because looting becomes more efficient, so they get money quicker, so they get good equipment faster. Like holy -----ing hell calm down people, its not a race, its a marathon, you'll get your boss weapons eventually, quit being jealous of the other kids. 

not everyone plays this game carebear style..

The main reason i play this game is siege wars so i need to stay competitive in pvp. What your saying is basically "if you don't pay money you got no right to stay competitive in pvp and participate in siege wars". No siege guild will even accept you with crap gear.

There are so many things in the cashshop which gives you MAJOR advantages or helps you to progress/earn silver way faster, i don't know how you fail to see it

Posted

1/100 chance to sell the dyes? You can't even make it out of town before all the dyes you listed are sold.

Posted

The funny thing is, is that most of these idiots dont realize its only dye the can be gotten from loyalty that can be sold lol. 

Ehmm...no?

Posted

I thought only the dyes from the loyalty event could be sold?

Me too. But seems that you can combine dyes, get a '' true'' dye and sell it to the market.

I really really hope they will remove that. 

Posted

Sorry that you don't understand how the English language works, perhaps you should focus more on that rather than getting so emotional over someone proving you wrong. :) P2W is giving and advantage to paying customers that is NOT available to free customers, which is true here as you can buy dyes with loyalty points. There's also the fact that the dyes are RNG, so a paying customers could get nothing whilst a loyalty customers can get a rare dye (and vice versa). 

loyalty is limited, money isn't for lots of people. The chance to get nothing sellable if you spent 10k $ is probably below 0.1%

and you can get other advantages like pets and free workers from the cashshop, which non paying customers got no access to.

using cashshop = unlimited silver + shitload of advantages = 100% pay to win.

Posted

no, we asked for the dye vendor.

are you that stupid or .... its like asking to put  pets in vendors you think that possible? why the ----- would they put dyes in vendor where in every other mmo to get dye it cost $$