• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

build Wizards/Witches feel free to post and share your build [after patch]

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There you go. My Wiz lvl 57.

Gear: http://blackdesert.tabletopgeeks.com/?build=Wizard||6|15|0|3|10|36||1|15|0|3|12|0||2_0|15|0|3|98|14||2_0|15|0|3|17|51||2_0|15|0|3|117|117||2_0|15|0|3|123|123||8|2||2|3||17|2||17|3||7|2||7|2

Got Ultimate Steel +15 to swap once I get the Bheg Gloves. also got Tree armor +13 and Giath helmet +14 but I run out of mem frags for repair.

My PvP build: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/26155

also got the "experienced hunter" pasive and some spare points (12 atm). Someone may ask why spellbound heart before maxing Chain lightning. It is really great in longer PvP battles when you starve for pots and can't always afford to repot and after recent buff it got even better.

Awakenings? AP on main dps, cast buff on some skills and some debuffs on other (cast spd buff doesn't stack just refresh). I like cast speed debuff on chain lightning to put down sorcs.

Mind Training is not a priority but it's great to have. Especially for horse combat since this is the only source of casting speed that actually work in horse combat. Having that little extra edge in PvP is extremely important. sometimes a split second matters and even means death or alive.

So don't say bullshit like "its not worth it".

Why nothing in Magical Evasion? Wit the mobility issues for Wiz id figure that would be a important one. Also, what are your thoughts on taking Frigd and freeze over fireball and meteor? 

Lastly, it seems like a HUGE waste to have both lighting chain and lighting storm with thunder bolt and residue - I cannot see any reason why one would use both of these. Personally id stick with the thunderbolt/residue combo for ultimate reasons. 

Edited by Major

Posted

Why nothing in Magical Evasion? Wit the mobility issues for Wiz id figure that would be a important one. Also, what are your thoughts on taking Frigd and freeze over fireball and meteor? 

Lastly, it seems like a HUGE waste to have both lighting chain and lighting storm with thunder bolt and residue - I cannot see any reason why one would use both of these. Personally id stick with the thunderbolt/residue combo for ultimate reasons. 

Magical Evasion? I never run out of stamina. If you do you're doing something wrong.

I use Frigid fog or Freeze all the time in certain situations. but... you don't need anything more than lvl1.

Waste? If there was no CD on Residual Lightning then ofc I would use only that. But all main DPS skills have CD and can't be used all the time. Even if you chain all possible skills you still have some downtime and the best thing you can do is support skills or just spam MMA untill end of CD.

Posted

You'd be almost level 59 if this is true.

There is something off about this set builder because I don't think it's accurate. According to my build, I would have to be lvl 59....I assure you, I am only lvl 56 but this is my build: Zuestrah

just lol you dont have that many points at 57 a

or more...

Read above.

proof i guess more proof is needed..

I believed you...My build makes me look like a liar as well and I don't even have as many things maxed out. At these levels (55+), you gain skill points quicker than you gain levels and I think that that set builders calculations are off anyway.

Posted

I suggest you using Blue orb :) Unspec first healing skill.

The orb is useless in every possible situation. There is just one situation that the orb is actually doing something for you, and its on 1v1 fights, cuz when u run out of mp, u will have hard time regaining it. In PvE and GvG the orb is totally useless, as u regain all ur mana either from absorbing it from mobs, or by healin.

Posted

The orb is useless in every possible situation. There is just one situation that the orb is actually doing something for you, and its on 1v1 fights, cuz when u run out of mp, u will have hard time regaining it. In PvE and GvG the orb is totally useless, as u regain all ur mana either from absorbing it from mobs, or by healin.

You are doing it mainly for 10% m. speed bonus

Posted

You are doing it mainly for 10% m. speed bonus

10% Speed bonus is overrated. Every time you cast, you're rendering that bonus useless and if you need to displace quickly, you can teleport. You even get a 10% movement speed boost when you teleport anyways - the buff is 10s and the cooldown is 9/8/7 seconds so you have 100% uptime as well.

Maxing Spellbound Heart isn't a great use of points altogether. 250 mana every 10 seconds is not reliable enough - you'll have to use Mana Absorbtion anyways, and that brings you to full mana at rank 2 for far less SP cost.

That's another thing. It costs 62 points to take and max. Those 62 points would be better off on almost anything else.

Also, Healing Aura is fantastic. 10 second cooldown at max rank. You can cast it 2-3 times between the cooldown of Healing Lighthouse. It's also less likely to get interrupted before it goes off. Kind of necessary for group pvp.

Posted

I agree on Healing Aura.  I tend to use both Aura and Lighthouse.

26851 build s very similar to what I'm working towards.

Posted (edited)

Magical Evasion? I never run out of stamina. If you do you're doing something wrong.

I use Frigid fog or Freeze all the time in certain situations. but... you don't need anything more than lvl1.

Waste? If there was no CD on Residual Lightning then ofc I would use only that. But all main DPS skills have CD and can't be used all the time. Even if you chain all possible skills you still have some downtime and the best thing you can do is support skills or just spam MMA untill end of CD.

• Magical Evasion is a high priority max. If you honestly never run out of stamina i honestly doubt your ever won (or even fought) against good melees in the arena.
  • Frigid Fog is a a decent long term target to go for since every level reduces cd by 1sec. This skill is HUGE in the hand of a skilled player because it can be used in defense and offense, from 1v1 to XvX, to actually freeze or just to resist.

[...]

Lightning chain and residue combo are completely differently used:

Residue is you best damage spell and has a WAY longer range. It is used besten after you hit a fireball explosion for example or if you manage to create a gap between you and enemy players. The wind up really takes time so an opponents job is always to interrupt you pre residue

Lightning chain is nice against mobile targets and when you are not afraid to get knockdowned. In 1v1 it is a core skill against musas or rangers since it opens up for an easy residue hit followed by lightning chain explosion. In group PvP this skill is AWESOME for messy situations because it spreads quite far or to quickly CC very mobile opponents like sorcs or musas.

Edited by Nivia

Posted

• Magical Evasion is a high priority max. If you honestly never run out of stamina i honestly doubt your ever won (or even fought) against good melees in the arena.
  • Frigid Fog is a a decent long term target to go for since every level reduces cd by 1sec. This skill is HUGE in the hand of a skilled player because it can be used in defense and offense, from 1v1 to XvX, to actually freeze or just to resist.

Lightning chain and residue combo are completely differently used:

Residue is you best damage spell and has a WAY longer range. It is used besten after you hit a fireball explosion for example or if you manage to create a gap between you and enemy players. The wind up really takes time so an opponents job is always to interrupt you pre residue

Lightning chain is nice against mobile targets and when you are not afraid to get knockdowned. In 1v1 it is a core skill against musas or rangers since it opens up for an easy residue hit followed by lightning chain explosion. In group PvP this skill is AWESOME for messy situations because it spreads quite far or to quickly CC very mobile opponents like sorcs or musas.

Magical evaslion? who needs that ***. Fight me! you sayd we never had a 1v1 against melee, lemme show you the ropes of a real witch >:3

btw. you also miss out some usefull combos. it's best to prior chain first to stiffen then afterwards knock them down or stun them. It should be like somethign like this (chain> lightning> residental lightning> Lightning storm/mana drain

to use fire ball you can change it a bit.

fire ball> teleport > lightning> explosion > then use teh above combo^

these are a couple combos which you might want to use.

My build: http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/7372

Posted

You have not maxed fireball explosion, meteor and you don't have frigid fog or blizzard at all BUT you have the skillpoints to max spellbound and earthquake? I'd strongly recommend to reduce spellbound to level 1 and unspec earthquake for now completely. Both are skiĺls you can invest points in, but not with the small amount of SP you have avaiable

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0