• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

dye [VIDEO] 632 Dye Boxes is it really p2w?

131 posts in this topic

Posted

The most expensive dyes on my server (Alustin) are 4.9 Mil and they are the colors from the 1 Loyalty Bundle.

On another note, I bought today 1 bundle dye box from each color range. Out of the 36 colors that I got, only 2 could have been added to AH, with prices under 2 mil.

Not sure it's even worth spending so much money for some spare silver in game, unless you're too rich. I don't see any profit or real benefit in it to actually call it a p2w feature at this point in time. 

Again, I'm talking strictly about my server.

Posted

The problem with the dyes isn't that they are the worse thing that can happen but the start of more P2W being added into the game. Why do you think if this is profitable for Daum they'll just stop here when the community seems ambivalent or okay to the idea?

Posted

I really do not see how this system is P2W, the term P2W is gaining a significant advantage over your fellow player by buying your way in, now yes you can buy dyes and there is a chance to get true colours which sell for currently 4,9mil on the AH, I wanted to recolor my character so i tested this out by buying $50 usd worth of dyes, all specific colours and colour packs, i ended up with 1 true colour and 2x1.1mil other colours, so for $50USD i got 7mil silver - 30% tax.

30min at pirates will net you more silver than $50USD in dyes

ANY item with benefits on the pearl store can be attributed to a higher silver gain, heck the pets pickup loot which means while i have been leveling i have probably collected more silver than i would have by not having pets, yet the pets are deemed a convenience and not P2W

I highly doubt that Daum would allow changes to affect our servers that could ultimately lead to gold sellers or cash buyers to effect the game in a major way, they have made changes that have already stopped this sort of behavior so i don't see this as a major issue, and for those that are saying our prices will match KR, i have yet to see a similar pricing on any item from KR to our server.

Posted

I really do not see how this system is P2W, the term P2W is gaining a significant advantage over your fellow player by buying your way in, now yes you can buy dyes and there is a chance to get true colours which sell for currently 4,9mil on the AH, I wanted to recolor my character so i tested this out by buying $50 usd worth of dyes, all specific colours and colour packs, i ended up with 1 true colour and 2x1.1mil other colours, so for $50USD i got 7mil silver - 30% tax.

30min at pirates will net you more silver than $50USD in dyes

ANY item with benefits on the pearl store can be attributed to a higher silver gain, heck the pets pickup loot which means while i have been leveling i have probably collected more silver than i would have by not having pets, yet the pets are deemed a convenience and not P2W

I highly doubt that Daum would allow changes to affect our servers that could ultimately lead to gold sellers or cash buyers to effect the game in a major way, they have made changes that have already stopped this sort of behavior so i don't see this as a major issue, and for those that are saying our prices will match KR, i have yet to see a similar pricing on any item from KR to our server.

What i wonder is if anyone who has done this research has actually sold their dyes and made real money from it, or if it's all theoretical. I've yet to see anyone post actual gains from this approach, they just speculate that the value could be significant.

I also agree that realistically the game rewards you more consistently by just playing than by farming dyes with cash, sinking 35% of their value into the mp, and relying on consistent demand (in a saturated market) to fund their play.

Posted

QQ babies, give me a break LOL

Posted

Because a lot of people want to do buy shitty dyes that make them look like a rainbow.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0