• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pre-order offers are now available!

425 posts in this topic

Posted

Well alpha close 1st week of Novemeber so i expect 1st or 2nd week of December 

I was so close xD just a couple of days off.

Posted

@oneillgga around 66-68 Pounds

1 person likes this

Posted

thanks cris

Posted

can i also ask the following... sorry for sounding dumb but

1)if i purchase the conquerers edition is that me buying the game? b2p

2)after the 2 cb1 and 2 i take it theres server wipes?

Posted

can i also ask the following... sorry for sounding dumb but

1)if i purchase the conquerers edition is that me buying the game? b2p

2)after the 2 cb1 and 2 i take it theres server wipes?

1)  YES

2)  YES

1 person likes this

Posted

thanks hammer much appreciated

Posted

um i have a problem.

i just bought with paysafe the preorde of 30 euros and it sends me back to account information and under game acces it says travelers package.

Can i download the game or i need to wait until it comes out completly?

Posted

um i have a problem.

i just bought with paysafe the preorde of 30 euros and it sends me back to account information and under game acces it says travelers package.

Can i download the game or i need to wait until it comes out completly?

The game is still in Closed Beta Testing, you'll have to wait until the game is released.

Posted

I just wonder if the prices will stay the same after the games official launch, Tempted to buy it/will but yeah, decisions!

Posted

when will the CBT2 come out? cuz thats the pack that i bought

Posted (edited)

I just wonder if the prices will stay the same after the games official launch, Tempted to buy it/will but yeah, decisions!

I think 30 Bucks for an MMORPG is okay, its Christmas so you get this Bucks in a few Days :))
Will it fall under 30 Bucks after Release? Nobody knows^^ I think not in the first Months.

when will the CBT2 come out? cuz thats the pack that i bought

Nobody knows that, its not even announced yet.
Right now the CBT1 is running great and the Devs get the Data they need.

After that they can think about the second Beta.

Januar is maybe to close, i guess February.

Edited by Asada Shino

Posted

I am having an issue pre-ordering a pack, is it because the beta is currently going on? I know it has nothing to do with funds and I attempted with both a debit and credit card. Anyone know what might be up with that? 

Posted

I think 30 Bucks for an MMORPG is okay, its Christmas so you get this Bucks in a few Days :))
Will it fall under 30 Bucks after Release? Nobody knows^^ I think not in the first Months

I know its fine, I do plan to get a higher package then that it's just a "wondering" if there would be a better deal later on, but with the Cash shop and all I guess I would just buy those stuff after :P Thanks!

Posted

Will it fall under 30 Bucks after Release? Nobody knows^^ I think not in the first Months.

Nobody knows that, its not even announced yet.Right now the CBT1 is running great and the Devs get the Data they need.
After that they can think about the second Beta.

Januar is maybe to close, i guess February.

ok thanks

Posted

Conqueror's package bought, begin the HYPE train!

Posted

So first, I have a friend who lives in Ecuador, will he be IP Blocked? And second, does anyone know when the game goes live? I was wondering, since I have the Traveler's Package.

Posted

@shinahsan

might be ip blocked im not sure

game will be live sometime in Q1 2016 (jan-march) closed beta 1 will end tuesday and closed beta 2 will be sometime between now and launch

Posted (edited)

30€ is still a little much for "kill 20 of these" and "collect 20 of those", in my opinion... I wish there´d be a 9,99€ bundle with only game acess. I intend to spend a good amount on the cash shop. Or if you´d get 20€ in Pearls when buying the 30€ package, would be great!

Edited by RainbowRat

Posted

30€ is still a little much for "kill 20 of these" and "collect 20 of those", in my opinion... I wish there´d be a 9,99€ bundle with only game acess. I intend to spend a good amount on the cash shop. Or if you´d get 20€ in Pearls when buying the 30€ package, would be great!

this is embarrassing. you should be ashamed.

Posted

this is embarrassing. you should be ashamed.

ok ಥ_ಥ

Posted

I take it you've never played an MMO before.

Posted

I take it you've never played an MMO before.

You´re taking wrong :3

Posted

The thing is that this price is the norm for a B2P model now a days.  Even Guild Wars 2 costs this.

On top of this, this is not a "Kill X of these, Collect X of these" only game.  There is trade runs, crafting, farming, fishing, PvP, GvG Wars, Node and worker management, house decorating, open world consisting of no instanced dungeons, many destructible structures that make it feel like you are destroying those poor monsters villages, beautiful world with day, night and weather effects, horse raising, breeding, taming and even racing, whale and alligator hunting (with old fashioned rifles), manual/non-targeted combat, unique guild system with contracts, and one of the best character creators ever.  I could be missing things, but I believe there is more.

I think this is quite fair.  They are not even charging the standard, "let's just charge $60 for any game no matter how good or bad it is" type of mind set and there is no subscription.

We do not however know anything about the pricing or even what is going to be in the cash shop.  Hopefully there will be no boosters (be it for +enchanting chance, +drop rate, +exp or any other P2W type of item) and that the costumes are a reasonable or even cheap price (cheap being $5-10, seriously, if it was miraculously (it's not going to be of course) $5 a costume, I would buy every one for the characters I'll be playing, I'll buy a lot at $10, but not all, and at $15-$25 I would start buying much less, possibly only a couple as with many things, it's harder to spend as much or almost as much as you spent on the game for a single cosmetic item, but a $5 for something so pretty, one wouldn't think twice, but that could be just me).  My point is, claiming you shall spend a lot in the cash shop is kind of an empty promise as you don't know what it will even provide or the prices in the NA/EU version.  Depending how it turns out (not saying it will like this, this is an example), you could end up really disgusted by what is offered be it by the specific items (say lots of P2W things) or insane prices and end up spending nothing even though you just said you would.

Anywho, just a bit written there.

- Kat

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing is that this price is the norm for a B2P model now a days.  Even Guild Wars 2 costs this.

On top of this, this is not a "Kill X of these, Collect X of these" only game.  There is trade runs, crafting, farming, fishing, PvP, GvG Wars, Node and worker management, house decorating, open world consisting of no instanced dungeons, many destructible structures that make it feel like you are destroying those poor monsters villages, beautiful world with day, night and weather effects, horse raising, breeding, taming and even racing, whale and alligator hunting (with old fashioned rifles), manual/non-targeted combat, unique guild system with contracts, and one of the best character creators ever.  I could be missing things, but I believe there is more.

I think this is quite fair.  They are not even charging the standard, "let's just charge $60 for any game no matter how good or bad it is" type of mind set and there is no subscription.

We do not however know anything about the pricing or even what is going to be in the cash shop.  Hopefully there will be no boosters (be it for +enchanting chance, +drop rate, +exp or any other P2W type of item) and that the costumes are a reasonable or even cheap price (cheap being $5-10, seriously, if it was miraculously (it's not going to be of course) $5 a costume, I would buy every one for the characters I'll be playing, I'll buy a lot at $10, but not all, and at $15-$25 I would start buying much less, possibly only a couple as with many things, it's harder to spend as much or almost as much as you spent on the game for a single cosmetic item, but a $5 for something so pretty, one wouldn't think twice, but that could be just me).  My point is, claiming you shall spend a lot in the cash shop is kind of an empty promise as you don't know what it will even provide or the prices in the NA/EU version.  Depending how it turns out (not saying it will like this, this is an example), you could end up really disgusted by what is offered be it by the specific items (say lots of P2W things) or insane prices and end up spending nothing even though you just said you would.

Anywho, just a bit written there.

- Kat

Hm you´re right... but for some reason those sudden 30€ really scare me off :/ Maybe I should just wait until it becomes free to play as well. If anticipation gets me before that I can still buy it. (am I the only one to who 30€ is a lot of frickin money? |D )

Posted

Hm you´re right... but for some reason those sudden 30€ really scare me off :/ Maybe I should just wait until it becomes free to play as well. If anticipation gets me before that I can still buy it. (am I the only one to who 30€ is a lot of frickin money? |D )

No, there are a lot of people who think it is high, especially when they compare it with the P2W original Korean model, as that was F2P with an insane cash shop.

It really depends on the person though.

In the US, minimum wage I believe is $7.45/hr, or at least it was 10 years ago, so $30 is at most a 4 hours of work 1 time payment.  For those with degree's for higher paying jobs per hour or even salaries, then it can be 1-2 hours worth of pay or even less.  And again, it's a single payment and you have it for good (or at least until they shut down the service when the game ends).

Personally I think $30 is a nice number, not too high, but not too cheap.  Having a price like that also helps slow down (never can stop them completely) Gold-Sellers and the like as when their account is banned, they have to buy it all over again, unlike in a F2P game where they can easily get around that.  The Korean ver though did remove player to player trading to help stop that in their F2P model, but the NA/EU ver seems they will be bringing it back, though how they will implement/restrict it (if they do) is to be seen.  Personally I'm okay with either on the trading issue.  It'd be nice to have, but it also means people can sell items outside of the marketplace values, if silver/gold is allowed to be exchanged (and even if it isn't allowed, players would then use say blackstones as currency, people always find substitutes).

- Kat