• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Musa and Pirates. What is the best way to grind these solo?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Level 56, sitting at 140 AP (base without armor/guild/food buffs) and 187 DP.

I'm still being shreaded by these things while not clearing them particularly fast.

Elrics are easy, Sausans are easy, but they don't give as much xp, that's for sure.

Tips, advice, etc welcomed, appreciated.

Posted

Level 56, sitting at 140 AP (base without armor/guild/food buffs) and 187 DP.

I'm still being shreaded by these things while not clearing them particularly fast.

Elrics are easy, Sausans are easy, but they don't give as much xp, that's for sure.

Tips, advice, etc welcomed, appreciated.

Im at 134/160 unbuffed and i am not having problems doing them. I got from 55-56 solo its a lot easyer after the patch. Its just  blind thrust then 1-3 rising storms and dodge and just repeat. Now i can even take few hits and just spam rising storm until i kill the whoe group. You got 5as 5crit? And use knight combat ration it will help a lot

Posted

Im at 134/160 unbuffed and i am not having problems doing them. I got from 55-56 solo its a lot easyer after the patch. Its just  blind thrust then 1-3 rising storms and dodge and just repeat. Now i can even take few hits and just spam rising storm until i kill the whoe group. You got 5as 5crit? And use knight combat ration it will help a lot

Yeah, got liverto 15+ and the whole speal. Using AP off hand still though I may or may not switch back to my Acc off hand.

I've been using serendia specials for the acc bonus, but I may do what you suggested and go for the knight's rations.

One thing that bothers me is I take notable damage from the snipers, and even when a Jack is facing away from me, once he completes the swing I usually get hit by it.

The spot has been frustrating.

Posted

Yeah, got liverto 15+ and the whole speal. Using AP off hand still though I may or may not switch back to my Acc off hand.

I've been using serendia specials for the acc bonus, but I may do what you suggested and go for the knight's rations.

One thing that bothers me is I take notable damage from the snipers, and even when a Jack is facing away from me, once he completes the swing I usually get hit by it.

The spot has been frustrating.

Why dont use serendia knight and milk tea all together i got all 3 up all the time. Did you farm post patch? Cause sniper's don't do as much dmg as they did i mean we got a lot more hp i was at 1400 now im at 2300. Just try to dodge his swing with rolls cause of the  iframe. 

Posted

As you mostly just rising storm and then move, it might also be good to use one of the "Free" skill resets and max divider. I sacrificed gale for it and for grinding pirates its paying off. I have almost no down time, i dont have to use potions at all, and i can just out heal crazy jacks, even if they are hitting me. The snipers are annoying, but just kill them first. Also roll all 3 of the food buffs talked about above. They are cheep and you plenty of money there. 

Posted

As you mostly just rising storm and then move, it might also be good to use one of the "Free" skill resets and max divider. I sacrificed gale for it and for grinding pirates its paying off. I have almost no down time, i dont have to use potions at all, and i can just out heal crazy jacks, even if they are hitting me. The snipers are annoying, but just kill them first. Also roll all 3 of the food buffs talked about above. They are cheep and you plenty of money there. 

Did the same thing, sacrificed gale for divider and im loving it, heck, not only it keeps me at 100% hp but I also use it in my cc chain. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There are a few spots on pirate island where there is NO crazy jacks. If jack is causing you issues you can grind these rotations at high speed and rake in the exp.

Posted

Yep Gale is worthless for PvE, it locks you down for the animation until the big cyclone has vanished and you are standing still taking damage, you can't knock down most big mobs with it so you get some damage off but take a lot of it in return. 

If you purely want to PvE, switch your points from Gale to Divider, it is superior for PvE in every way. I used to think it was garbage, but with the 1 loyalty skill resets I tested it and the 5% heal of your max WP on 7 targets is no joke especially when it has no cooldown so you can just keep healing and kill a group by only spamming Divider, it will be slower to kill them this way but if you need health back it will save you a lot of potions.

I went from using 50 potions per hour or close to that in Hasrah down to maybe 10. Gale has no place in PvE really, I rarely used it even if I had it and even then it's just some damage nothing else.

Posted

?? just use gale cancel. I'm almost ohkoing the mobs at pirates. I got the same ap/dp as duke. I tried the divider switch out and was disappointed. The animation is too long even at max attack speed and the healing only works with groups which is pointless if ranged mobs are hitting you. Best idea is to use gale combo with ap off hand. I rarely pot and it does amazing dmg. 

Posted (edited)

?? just use gale cancel. I'm almost ohkoing the mobs at pirates. I got the same ap/dp as duke. I tried the divider switch out and was disappointed. The animation is too long even at max attack speed and the healing only works with groups which is pointless if ranged mobs are hitting you. Best idea is to use gale combo with ap off hand. I rarely pot and it does amazing dmg. 

The problem with the Gale cancel is that as I said, it locks you in place until the big cyclone from Gale disappears and since you can't knock down most big mobs you're just taking free damage.

With Divider, some mobs that you can't knock down you can still knock back AND it heals you.

The only reason to use Gale is for damage, but why not just use Rising Storm instead? For PvE the only reason to use Gale after Blind Thrust is just because why not, you have it available so why not use it? But it's not a great ability, you might just as well Whirlwind Cut to the side of mobs and cast a Rising Storm instead and probably take less damage.

Gale does less damage than Rising Storm and the animation lock is pretty similar and both Rising Storm and Gale knock mobs down, so if you want to knock down small mobs might as well use a Rising Storm instead and do more damage.

With Gale and Rising Storm you have 2 abilities that deal damage and inflict knockdown, except 1 of them is completely inferior in PvE (Gale) but has similar effects just worse. If you switch Gale to Divider at least you have a heal and knockback available to you, more diversity and better for PvE.

Edited by Phantom303
1 person likes this

Posted

my methode i have divider maxed and nemesis slash , was 130-175

i hit with divider for healing rising storm nemesis slash when needed

i just keep moving when jake come but i always hit him when other mobs arround to get the heal using divider

i use pot 

Posted

Honestly Gale is the sole reason I hate Musa and prefer Maewha, its such a silly skill to have, the wind up is horrible. Even ani-cancelling it is a pain because you need blind off CD to do it. Although I have to force myself to endure it to get to that awakening wep. So divider, rising storm, whirlwind cut nem slash?

Posted

Honestly Gale is the sole reason I hate Musa and prefer Maewha, its such a silly skill to have, the wind up is horrible. Even ani-cancelling it is a pain because you need blind off CD to do it. Although I have to force myself to endure it to get to that awakening wep. So divider, rising storm, whirlwind cut nem slash?

Divider, Rising storm and Blind thrust, nemsis slash as your "OhSh*t button". You can throw lunar slash there as well and thats pretty much how you can do any pve content as musa.

Posted (edited)

I have SP to get both Gale and Divider maxed out so it's not an issue for me really, but if I had to choose just solely for PvE I would max Divider any day if you don't plan to PvP much. Honestly the amount of times I cast a Gale in PvE is slim to none, it's just better to use Rising Storm in every situation.

The worst thing is that you can't really hit confirm Gale in PvP either, meaning that when you do a Blind Thrust you're basically already inputting Gale while you're still in the Blind Thrust animation, it happens so fast that you don't have time to confirm whether the Blind Thrust actually hit your opponent or not, so when you miss your Blind Thrust in PvP and then cast Gale straight after, when you realize you missed your Blind Thrust you've already casted the Gale cancel and then you're just standing there still unable to move or do anything until the Gale animation has ended, most frustrating part of the ability.

At least Maehwas get a bit of range on their Decapitation so they can kite backwards or to the side, cast it from range and take no damage because they don't have to be in melee range to use Decapitation so they can play around a bit with it. We have to basically hug the person or mob for Gale to hit.

It has it's moments in PvP but for PvE it's a pretty low tier ability.

Edited by Phantom303
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0