• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Flying Mounts?

Flying Mounts   253 votes

1. 1. Would You want Flying mounts as a high risk, high reward feature added to black desert?

• Yeah! That sounds pretty awesome!
    • No, flying mounts have ruined many other games and I do not want the same thing to happen here.
    • I don't really care.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

Posted

No just no the game was not setup for it. it would kill open world pvp "oh no pvpers fly fly away" "ah he got away"(and im not one for pvp and im saying this). The game designers spend so much time make a beautiful game now no1s going to see it. It makes the map feel small. It would kill the feel of the game. Most games that added this have regrated it later. So no i don't see any up side of adding this ever. 

Posted

You're going about this all wrong, WoW is not a direct competitor nor does the play style have similarities to it. If anything this game plays closely to Witcher 3, ArcheAge, Asker: The Light Swallower, and Bless Online . I code, not as heavily as I want to, but mostly net coding, and the code really isn't the problem, its mostly the ways of creating an algorithm to prevent people from glitching the mechanics due to latency of the server.....

The Witcher 3 no flying. This game plays very little like AA. Asker is an instance based game. Bless Online's PvP system is drastically different being closer to WoW than this game. You may code, but in game design it goes far beyond simply creating an algorithm to prevent a glitch. It is over complicated in both design and coding. Seriously, this game is not designed for it. It would take massive and drastic changes to the design and direction of the game for flying to work. It simply trivializes far too much and for it to not be exploited in pvp would have to be nerfed into uselessness.

Posted

flying combat.

Uh...Why would you want flying combat Incorporated with the flying? can't you just be satisfied with having the ability to fly? Think about it, your in the air way up high. Your mount is the one doing the actual flying, your character is just sitting on it's back. If they incorporated flying combat then you gotta think about who is the one which will be doing the fight, you or the thing which is flying or both? If your just the one which is capable of fighting then depending on your class, you will be either at a severe disadvantage or advantage while fighting in the air, which is already demonstrating a unbalanced system but that's not all. If it's just the mount that's just doing the fighting then you gotta think about whether or not this will effect it's ability to fly because remember, it's not only flying but also carrying you and possibly all that loot you stored on it too. If it runs outta stamina while fighting, which is bound to happen, then your pretty much screwed and will end up falling. Flying combat just brings up way to much questions and problems and in a game like this, it isn't a necessity to incorporate. Flying mounts without combat abilities on the other hand, those are fine. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Uh...Why would you want flying combat Incorporated with the flying? can't you just be satisfied with having the ability to fly? Think about it, your in the air way up high. Your mount is the one doing the actual flying, your character is just sitting on it's back. If they incorporated flying combat then you gotta think about who is the one which will be doing the fight, you or the thing which is flying or both? If your just the one which is capable of fighting then depending on your class, you will be either at a severe disadvantage or advantage while fighting in the air, which is already demonstrating a unbalanced system but that's not all. If it's just the mount that's just doing the fighting then you gotta think about whether or not this will effect it's ability to fly because remember, it's not only flying but also carrying you and possibly all that loot you stored on it too. If it runs outta stamina while fighting, which is bound to happen, then your pretty much screwed and will end up falling. Flying combat just brings up way to much questions and problems and in a game like this, it isn't a necessity to incorporate. Flying mounts without combat abilities on the other hand, those are fine. 

Without flying combat you lose any risk in travel and can completely avoid PvP. Neither fit with the game design. SO no flying mounts are not fine in this game.

Posted (edited)

The only way I see it fitting is if it's something like L2's wyverns. A symbol of status as a castle owner. For the leader only. No one used them anyway tho because too expensive.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

No, flying mounts have ruined many other games and I do not want 

The only way I see it fitting is if it's something like L2's wyverns. A symbol of status as a castle owner. For the leader only. No one used them anyway tho because too expensive.

Lineage II had the right idea I agree

Posted

haha, close xD But I think we are amming at a dragon ball relation ship. He needs to find Chi-Chi, and I need to find my Bulma, before we becomes a fighting duo and not nemesis's ;)

they are Still nemesis, vegeta still wants goku dead by him

Posted

I'm hoping they add it now just to piss off all these people.

Posted

No.

It would necessitate a complete redesign of... everything. Combat, world layout, hells it would even require gvg/sieges to be rebuilt. I'll give you that it could be cool if handled right... but not right now, and probably not ever.

But, one of the Tier 9 horses will be a pegasus. T9's instead of getting more speed get special abilities. It's is to glide. So, take that as you may.

Cheers.

Posted

I agree and disagree... in my opinion, flying mounts, if implements into the game, should be a one-time-use item-type mount... meaning an item like a whistle or mount-stone, where once used, the item disappears, and the flying mount appears. The mount would be used until the player does not use the mount for a period of time, or logs off. There would probably be a limited time until the mount disappears, but the time would be substantial. The item would probably be gained through high-lvl bosses with a very low percentage of dropping. But this is just my opinion. I do not think they should just be in the game for unlimited use though. 

Posted

No, it ruins immersion and makes maps look empty. Worst idea ever.

Posted

How about a..... NO!!!

Posted

just buy premium membership at a russian hacking forum learn how to packet edit and you'll have a flying mount

Posted

How to ruin an mmo 101 

step 1 introductory - How to add flying mounts

Hard No. Should not be implemented in any game, ever. Unless a zone was built for it, and only that one zone.

Posted

I would love Flying mounts it will add more things to the game like maybe air commerce where you can have a Hot Air type balloon wagon to hold all the goods in and link up your flying mounts onto it then you can also add hot air type balloon battle ships that don't use flying mounts so they go more slower but you have harpoons or something that can slow down the "air wagons" for you to loot/kill just think of giant wars over the sea when you have cannons firing from airships and boats for a castle island that would be so cool but i would understand if they cant add all this stuff in but i would like to see flying mounts on the NA servers when the map gets bigger at the moment its not to bad but in the future when the map is 3 times or so bigger i would like flying mounts that will help you travel from place to place faster then it would take on a land mount or sea vessel

Posted

Hello I just saw people floating in the air, around Tarif... I it made me wonder why can't we... There seems to be a knowledge of flying in this realm.... My character is a wizard... I'd like to be able to learn it...

and FLYYYYYY!!! ALL OVER THE LAND, LIKE A HAWK, OBSERVE THE BEAUTY AND LIFE FROM ABOVE LIKE A HIGHER BEING...

*Ahem!*.... I mean... it would be nice to have the hope that we can eventually fly in this game...

Posted

No, Simply No.

Posted

I would love Flying mounts it will add more things to the game like maybe air commerce where you can have a Hot Air type balloon wagon to hold all the goods in and link up your flying mounts onto it then you can also add hot air type balloon battle ships that don't use flying mounts so they go more slower but you have harpoons or something that can slow down the "air wagons" for you to loot/kill just think of giant wars over the sea when you have cannons firing from airships and boats for a castle island that would be so cool but i would understand if they cant add all this stuff in but i would like to see flying mounts on the NA servers when the map gets bigger at the moment its not to bad but in the future when the map is 3 times or so bigger i would like flying mounts that will help you travel from place to place faster then it would take on a land mount or sea vessel

Is there any MMO game where flying combat is actually good? Like even WoW wasn't able to make it so that player would like it.

Sure it would be cool, but after thinking about it in detail...no, it would be bad idea.

Hello I just saw people floating in the air, around Tarif... I it made me wonder why can't we... There seems to be a knowledge of flying in this realm.... My character is a wizard... I'd like to be able to learn it...

and FLYYYYYY!!! ALL OVER THE LAND, LIKE A HAWK, OBSERVE THE BEAUTY AND LIFE FROM ABOVE LIKE A HIGHER BEING...

*Ahem!*.... I mean... it would be nice to have the hope that we can eventually fly in this game...

Floating and flying are two different things. Well Sorceress can float slightly with one of their spells. But as I already said, flying would do more damage to the game than giving something worthy

Posted

bringt die flying mound sofor das nervt das reiten

Posted

Is there any MMO game where flying combat is actually good? Like even WoW wasn't able to make it so that player would like it.

Sure it would be cool, but after thinking about it in detail...no, it would be bad idea.

Floating and flying are two different things. Well Sorceress can float slightly with one of their spells. But as I already said, flying would do more damage to the game than giving something worthy

idk I think perfect world did it well, but other than that I think what people forget about z-axis combat in other MMOs is that 90% have some form of target lock/tab targeting directing your attacks. So it's hard to say if a full true action combat MMO can pull it off or not based on other MMOs. That said BDO does sort of have a soft lock, which could detract from z axis combat much the same way hard target locks and tab target does.