• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node Wars - what would you change

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys, please share your feelings about Node Wars (bear in mind, that a lot of us didnt play the KR or RU version of game, so we dont know how it works there).

For me, I like the Node Wars and it pretty much gives second breeze to the game (we wanted to quit coz of no more fighting for spots and were waiting if NW will be any good.

We had fun and all while fighting but there are some things I would change:

1) Make respawn of people either slower, like 20-30 secs to respawn around tower, or make them respawn away from tower, so they have to spend some time to return back to defense. The way this is now - we were like 20-25 people attacking other guild, totaly wiping them out, but there were like 10 people still comming back right after death and eventually their witches managed to take us down when they landed their AoE finally (since we had to run long way when someone died and they managed to cut our numbers until they defended this way..)- they had invulnerability after res, which is ok, but at that time they also healed back even when they born with 25% HP..

2) Make Keeps a little weaker now (less HP), I dont know how others, maybe well geared guilds with lots of canons can destroy keeps fast, but we were killing one keep for like 15 minutes when about 20 players were attacking it whole time (when defenders left the area and stopped defending, if they did what i described in nr 1, we tried to kill that guild for about 1 and half hour, we wiped them every single time, but due to respawns we were not able to destroy the keep for the rest of the node war (we also had to return back to base to defense few times)

These are major things I think that influenced our Node War the most (we had 8 guilds in area, only 3 of them destroyed in time..). We are not any top geared guild, but we were like 30 people, most of us 55 lvl and full +15, so not that bad either, maybe we just dont know all the mechanics well enough (we used cannons very rarely for example, so maybe that was the huge difference)

1 person likes this

Posted

Nodes should be RNG. It's kind of retarded when main guild and two alt guilds "fight" against each other. :D

Posted

I also think the respawn-timer should be adjusted. It is really hard to finish a guild even with 2 hours of ongoing siege, since they keep throwing bodies at you. I don't know about the HP of a tower, maybe the longer respawn will already solve it a bit. Changing both things at once might be too hard. Think we also have to try out some more siege weapons etc : )

Posted

Repawn timer is ok. But spawning right in the middle of the fort is a bit iffy.

1. maybe can make a respawn station that allows instant respawns on it., if its destroyed, 15 sec respawn timer at fort

2. oh HP of te fort is more than ok. they are supposed to take time to destroy. come valencia with more enchants and elephants the forts gonna be buffed again. You mentioned you didnt use canons. anons are pretty much THE thing to use besides elephants for buildings. invest in them =)

Posted

Dislike the respawn timer, its too fast for my taste. Defending is too easy, especially if you have to cover a lot of ground to come back.

Posted (edited)

Make it possible for PK guilds to mess with big guilds. I never wanted to play in a big guild, simply joined for the benefits. Now that I have seen that PK guilds cant even others in Node Wars (and hinder bigger guilds in regards to accomplishing their goals) I have no reason to blow any more time on this game.

It kinda hurts me because I really love BDO. But the directions Daum/PA took are mind-blowing to me. This game could have been perfect, but instead they turned it into some shitty, heavily limited theme-park with pretend sandbox elements.

Edited by nyyyyy
1 person likes this

Posted

Make it possible for PK guilds to mess with big guilds. I never wanted to play in a big guild, simply joined for the benefits. Now that I have seen that PK guilds cant even others in Node Wars (and hinder bigger guilds in regards to accomplishing their goals) I have no reason to blow any more time on this game.

It kinda hurts me because I really love BDO. But the directions Daum/PA took are mind-blowing to me. This game could have been perfect, but instead they turned it into some shitty, heavily limited theme-park with pretend sandbox elements.

You can still participate. You'll just have to place down a tower like everyone else. 

Posted

You can still participate. You'll just have to place down a tower like everyone else. 

What is that supposed to do? Neither do you know which nodes a big guild is going for nor do you know if they are going for a node on that specific day. Both are important to even guild the fort, which can then easily be destroyed by a big guild which results in your being kicked form the war. You also need a T2/3 node yourself to ----- with them in Sieges. The system completely discourages any form of outlaw game-play. Not only did they gut the PK/GW system, they also made it impossible to ----- around in Node Wars/Sieges. This is an instanced zergfest. The only positive thing about it is the involvement of the environment.

If the game hadnt been so much fun up until the end of May I would say that I feel horrible for having wasted all this time. As it stands right now I only wasted about a month, but holy shit does that month hurt if you consider what this game could have been.

1 person likes this

Posted

What is that supposed to do? Neither do you know which nodes a big guild is going for nor do you know if they are going for a node on that specific day. Both are important to even guild the fort, which can then easily be destroyed by a big guild which results in your being kicked form the war. You also need a T2/3 node yourself to ----- with them in Sieges. The system completely discourages any form of outlaw game-play. Not only did they gut the PK/GW system, they also made it impossible to ----- around in Node Wars/Sieges. This is an instanced zergfest. The only positive thing about it is the involvement of the environment.

If the game hadnt been so much fun up until the end of May I would say that I feel horrible for having wasted all this time. As it stands right now I only wasted about a month, but holy shit does that month hurt if you consider what this game could have been.

I wasn't really happy about the change myself. There would be nothing I like more than to go mess w/ our rival guilds as I predict they will continually dodge us, but I think the change was implemented to prevent exactly that - a 100 man, powerful guild to go and pick and mess with lower tier guilds at lower tier nodes. 

Posted

I wasn't really happy about the change myself. There would be nothing I like more than to go mess w/ our rival guilds as I predict they will continually dodge us, but I think the change was implemented to prevent exactly that - a 100 man, powerful guild to go and pick and mess with lower tier guilds at lower tier nodes. 

And thats a problem. Why does everybody want to be the best yet not be willing to make the necessary sacrifice? You want to be the moster powerful guild? Well, forge alliances and take over nodes with 1000 people. Or simply out-gear the 1000 people so hard that you win anyway. You want to play with a smaller group of people and just ----- big guilds? Then deal with the fact that you wont be able to take Calpheon.

No big guild will ever mess around with lower tier guilds because none of us ever cared about them. We dont even know that they exist because they are that irrelevant and insignificant. These people constantly think that we will raid their villages and ----- their wives, while in reality none of us ever gave a flying ----- about them. And if they PMed us with questions we usually were polite and tried to assist them. Just because they get PKed when they contest farm spots they suddenly are under the impression that they matter. Reality couldnt be further from it.

Posted

I agree. I have always lead very successful guerrilla warfare clans. In these situations, we would get payed to hinder a guild or help as muscle for guilds in many games.

Shadowbane, eve online, darkfall online, df unholy wars, mortal online.

This game is going carebear, closer to wow, which we are all sick of the EQ spin offs. 

Its a pity really, but I feel like it wouldnt take much to put it back as a pvp mmo. Let the smaller guilds partake in the struggle for power. Guild contracts, open world turf wars... everything helps in wars.

If you dont add more player conflict this game is just going to stay as the single player korean mmo everyone was worried it would be from day one.

Posted

I agree. I have always lead very successful guerrilla warfare clans. In these situations, we would get payed to hinder a guild or help as muscle for guilds in many games.

Shadowbane, eve online, darkfall online, df unholy wars, mortal online.

This game is going carebear, closer to wow, which we are all sick of the EQ spin offs. 

Its a pity really, but I feel like it wouldnt take much to put it back as a pvp mmo. Let the smaller guilds partake in the struggle for power. Guild contracts, open world turf wars... everything helps in wars.

If you dont add more player conflict this game is just going to stay as the single player korean mmo everyone was worried it would be from day one.

they made it so it's impossible for multiple guilds alliances to register only 1 guild officialy ( make 1 fort ) while the others guild in the alliance backup that guild and -----s everyone up at that node.
then proceed to next node with another one of the allied guild, ending up with 1 big alliance controlling all of the nodes.

its free-for-all between the guilds that registered to conquer that node.
and it's excellent .

wanna take part ? make a fort on a node.

would you like to have little to no competition if your allied guilds could partake in node wars freely w/o making a fort ?
this would be too easy for you guys, and pretty much ruin the pvp , what's your take on this.

Cambria
Rogues member.

Posted

You know thats great, I like the ffa... which means allied guilds help you and then let you destroy their fort. 

But I mean in general, there is no way to keep another guild from making money, gaining ground... i mean there are no wars here. Its just another instanced battlefield. Boo wendy... boo..

Posted

Start times at 3:50pm PST. WTF are you thinking Daum. Sylta told us that this is a game for adults. How do you expect adults to siege when you begin end game content before bank hours are over in the west coast.

Posted

Make is so that an enemy guild cant plop down a recovery center 20 feet from your tower.

Also, when your tower is destroyed, you should be forced out of the area. Just knocked a guild out and they are running around our base and triggering all our traps.

Posted

We already have little to no competition. I just want to mess with people after we take down our enemies fort in 10 minutes.  I already stated I understand the reason for the change, even if I don't agree with it completely.

Posted (edited)

Acurate & reasonable times & clear guide... if they get that down, might be able to tell you... login 20min before siege supposed to start, and forts down already. GG, didn't even get to see how much damage you need to drop them... goto build a fort for Tuesday at 11pm Monday night... was still in phase to build for siege that ended 5 hrs ago... so how late do we have to stay up to build fort, 12hrs before siege start? so 3am? And then leave 3 hours early from work to be home in time for it... gg

Edited by PyroAmos

Posted (edited)

There hasn't been nearly enough testing time to seriously start talking about what has to change other than Daum getting their **** together first so it always works on time

Regarding Respawn timers:   If the Recovery tents are all down, they're respawning with no health.  Try Seiging the right buildings first before coming in here with that phony balogny just b/c you want Defenders to be pushovers.

Edited by iller

Posted

This is just unreal.  Someone complaining because they can't grief players fighting over a node area. If your not participating in a node war the server should kick your ass off the server. Besides that, you would be red to both sides and take damage from all the AOE's. Bet it really sucks now with most the afk fisherman gone too. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I would change the ability to be able to rebuild your fort during siege war.
Destroyed barricade, went in fort destroyed 2 recovery center, got pushed back, run back to fort all rebuilt. Is this a joke?

Posted

Nerf the charge skills of horses on barricades, idk how its possible for a single horse to destroy a barricade in 10 seconds. @CM_Jouska

Posted

Most of the information about node wars says there's something here for all kinds of guilds. 

We built our fort in a T1 node expecting to face guilds somewhat similar to us, not afraid of a challenge or getting owned by betterguilds or players. 

What happened was we ended up facing one of the larger guilds in the channel, and spent our war being zerged and somewhat quickly lost.

Personally I'd love to see some kind of matchmaking. We all want a challenge, but a fair chance. I do realize that we were just unlucky when we chose the node, but I talked to a friend, and they were a bit miffed because they got their T2 node uncontested and didn't even get a fight out of all the preparations.

Posted

The Forts are kinda small and crampy. It would have been better if they looked like actual forts not just a bunch of stuff pilled on top on each other. Also the respawn with minimal hp/mp is straight stupid. Especially now that everyone has more HP it takes forever to bring it up with pots. What is the purpose behind that?

Posted

i would change for them to start the war at the specified time so no early starts, should've been implied an 8PM war wouldnt start an hour and a half early

Posted (edited)

i would change for them to start the war at the specified time so no early starts, should've been implied an 8PM war wouldnt start an hour and a half early

That was a localization issue, and not intended. According to today's update this has been changed to start at 9:00pm EST, so we'll see how it goes. 

Also, I would add other ways to heal instead of relying on wiz/witches when you spawn at proxies/town, but I don't know how to implement something like that without it being exploited. 

Edited by Sandy