• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Where did the fishing hotspots go?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

So I've been fishing in the Velia golden spot to make silver on the side recently (I've got exams, so 14 hours of bdo a day aint guna happen :(). But after the most recent patch i haven't been catching nearly as many blue or orange fish as before, only about 2 or 3 blue fish an hour from 25-30 before the patch. Anyone know if the fishing hotspots have been moved...or even removed :0

Posted

Are you Fishing in a Spot with Seagulls & jumping fish?
(sorry no GPU when i took the picture just CPU HD graphic At night)

eJwFwUsOgyAQANC7sJfhMwOMFzDpqjdoCBI10WJgump69773VZ9-qlntIveYAdZjlNZXPaT1vFW9tbadNd_H0KVdkEVy2a_6lgGWEiaHxOyTo8SIYNlHIvTBuhQ5hOjBGRsmEybLL-uYGKPRj-eifn-RDyOF.ZoDBbch9jl8tBRvWy_RSsNHcB1o.JPG

Posted

Are those new gold spot give only fishes and no junk or we have junk too? I tried one and I had only junk and with but was fishing direclty in the center of the jumping fishes...

Posted

Welcome to Sailing Simulator 2016. Yes. This is the "new" system. You sail around for hours running your boat into the ground, looking for birds and jumping fish. After hours of searching, when you do happen to stumble across one, you get one cast and catch a gold fish, subsequent casts catch rubbish and the spot vanishes 5 to 10 minutes later. 

I have only managed to find a handful of spots, 2 of which I fished for about 10-15 minutes only to catch 2 gold fish. Artisan 7 fishing. Waste of time. 

4 people like this

Posted

I think 10-15mins is too short for a hotspot to then move elsewhere  it should be more like an hour before shifting. I do like it's concept though, it encourages more active fishing as it's more rewarding that way and for those that really enjoy fishing, its a little challenge for them to hunt down these spots to then fish in.

Posted

New fishing system is a joke.

I am all for introducing new game mechanics and changing things to give active fishers more loot - but a 30 minute window? Is a joke.

I've got better things to do with my time.

Posted (edited)

It's sad seeing all the +5 fishing rods on the marketplace. People are leaving the fishing profession in droves now.

When the patch was released in KR, it was met with outrage until the PA brought back the old system. This way the two systems can both exist, with the new system being more advantageous to active fisher and the old system benefiting AFK fisher. I'm hoping that this is the path that Daum will take as well. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Sailing Simulator 2016. Yes. This is the "new" system. You sail around for hours running your boat into the ground, looking for birds and jumping fish. After hours of searching, when you do happen to stumble across one, you get one cast and catch a gold fish, subsequent casts catch rubbish and the spot vanishes 5 to 10 minutes later. 

I have only managed to find a handful of spots, 2 of which I fished for about 10-15 minutes only to catch 2 gold fish. Artisan 7 fishing. Waste of time. 

Are we playing the same game? I'm finding these hotspots every 5-10 minutes when sailing the seas (sometimes even 2 hotspots next to eachother) and they stay up for 30 mins and give only gold fish, no junk, for the entire time that they are up.

I think the new fishing system is much better, and much easier to make a large haul. It's not hard to find the new spots if you have a fishing boat.

Edited by Dark Ashelin

Posted

Are we playing the same game? I'm finding these hotspots every 5-10 minutes when sailing the seas (sometimes even 2 hotspots next to eachother) and they stay up for 30 mins and give only gold fish, no junk, for the entire time that they are up.

I think the new fishing system is much better, and much easier to make a large haul. It's not hard to find the new spots if you have a fishing boat.

I found 8 spots last night (over the span of ~4 hours or so - in a fishing boat). All of which only had one catch in them (the 2 first, were near Velia, so they were both the 125K fish at least), then they disappeared.
2 125K fish and 6 gold fish. That's all I got for finding 8 spots.

Yup, the new system is indeed great.

/s

I'm all for active fishing - I love it! - but this is just ridiculous..

Posted (edited)

I found 8 spots last night (over the span of ~4 hours or so - in a fishing boat). All of which only had one catch in them (the 2 first, were near Velia, so they were both the 125K fish at least), then they disappeared.2 125K fish and 6 gold fish. That's all I got for finding 8 spots.

Yup, the new system is indeed great.

/s

I'm all for active fishing - I love it! - but this is just ridiculous..

I found about 8-9 spots yesterday in ~2 hours of active fishing. Each spot stayed up for 10-30 mins (some must have already been there for some time I guess) and kept giving me multiple gold fish for as long as I fished there. The longest spot gave me a full inventory (~30 free spots) of gold fish and wasn't gone yet when I returned to town. The other spots gave me 15-20 gold fish each until they disappeared. There was 1 single spot that gave me 1 Coelacanth and then disappeared right away.

Check out this guide/video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTNOu5fAxY
It does explain something about the Coelacanth spots.

All in all those 2 hours of active fishing gave me about 2 mil profit. Each haul was like 800k but I spent a lot of time sailing inbetween Velia and Epheria.

Edited by Dark Ashelin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I found about 8-9 spots yesterday in ~2 hours of active fishing. Each spot stayed up for 10-30 mins (some must have already been there for some time I guess) and kept giving me multiple gold fish for as long as I fished there. The longest spot gave me a full inventory (~30 free spots) of gold fish and wasn't gone yet when I returned to town. The other spots gave me 15-20 gold fish each until they disappeared. There was 1 single spot that gave me 1 Coelacanth and then disappeared right away.

Check out this guide/video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTNOu5fAxY
It does explain something about the Coelacanth spots.

All in all those 2 hours of active fishing gave me about 2 mil profit.

I've seen the video - I know that those spots are supposed to give Coel - I only mentioned them as they were the two first spots I found.
The rest of the spots (over the course of ~4 hours) were all just a single catch and then the spot was gone.

It's odd how every time I mention this, all people "hook on to" (pun intended) are the Coel catches and not the fact that the other 6 spots just vanished instantly.
Heck, one spot even showed up right after another got removed (barely 5 seconds movement with my boat) - but still only had 1 catch in it.

The new fishing spots seem to be a bit buggy - or if they are supposed to be like this; bad.
...unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Tagger

Posted

The new fishing spots seem to be a bit buggy - or if they are supposed to be like this; bad.
...unless I'm missing something.

I don't know, maybe you just had bad luck with it? Keep trying and see if you get better results this time. I must say that I found most spots around the Seas of Epheria and only 1 near Velia.

Also, what fishing level are you? It may have something to do with it. I'm Professional lvl 6 or 7.

Posted

I don't know, maybe you just had bad luck with it? Keep trying and see if you get better results this time. I must say that I found most spots around the Seas of Epheria and only 1 near Velia.

Also, what fishing level are you? It may have something to do with it. I'm Professional lvl 6 or 7.

Artisan 7.
Went from Velia, up and around all the way to Epheria.

Posted

I hope they can bring back old system with new system this is really boring. I can spend hours looking for hotspot and its not even fun.

Posted

Actually, do hotspots disappear during node wars? That might explain some things.

Posted (edited)

Well after messing around with it a bit longer it really depends on where you are. I spent a lot of time around Ilyia and islands and there is nothing, yet in other places there a more hotspots, so not sure if it is random or fixed but it is a pretty poor system if it is not balanced across the water areas. It still needs some tweaking. 

Another thing I have noticed is it doesn't matter how long the hotspot is up, the minute you catch a coelacanth , you catch rubbish and it goes. 

The main issues with the new system are:

1. The cost of boats and the fact they die. We should be able to repair them if they are forcing us to use them more or at least increase the life of all sea vessels

2. Sailing is slow and cumbersome. The autopathing is rubbish and whilst it is possible, it is not easy to pan the camera around looking for birds when you have to actively sail. Reversing fishing boats is good start however and appreciate the change. Increasing the fish values would offset this. 

3. They have devalued the fishing costume. More time is spent sailing in some cases then actual fishing? perhaps they could add +boat speed or something to the costume to offset this change. Next we will see sailing outfits or something like that, but that would be pretty crappy move if they did that. =/

4. They only last 30 mins. I think the timer should start when the first line is cast. Nothing like sailing for 10 minutes to get 1 cast and it goes. 

5. Their communication is poor about how the system actually works. We have discovered that you can't even see the birds/fish if your fishing level isn't high enough yet you can still catch gold fish in them. So you could be low level and never see them at all. 

6. Graphics. These things are hard to see from a distance especially with certain graphics settings. Perhaps they could show on the minimap if you are within a certain distance. This might increase the chance of you spotting one.

7. CP investment. It takes a significant investment to buy all of the nodes to maximise maximum value of the fish. You could get a better return on investment by spending CP on other things and just forget about fishing all together. Increasing the fish values would offset this. 

My initial reaction was extremely negative, but it has some merit, yet is still a ways off being perfect.

Edited by Belavara
Typo
1 person likes this

Posted

Related topic in suggestions...

Posted

have yet to find a spot marked with sea gulls and/or jumping fish - 50 minutes during the last session of killing my boat and still nothing

Posted

Well after messing around with it a bit longer it really depends on where you are. I spent a lot of time around Ilyia and islands and there is nothing, yet in other places there a more hotspots, so not sure if it is random or fixed but it is a pretty poor system if it is not balanced across the water areas. It still needs some tweaking. 

Another thing I have noticed is it doesn't matter how long the hotspot is up, the minute you catch a coelacanth , you catch rubbish and it goes. ( maybe intended for high value fish, not sure , but the system still new so wait)

The main issues with the new system are:

1. The cost of boats and the fact they die. We should be able to repair them if they are forcing us to use them more or at least increase the life of all sea vessels (Valencia 3 or 4, there be another boat for seafarer and trade boat  and more atlantis islands in future)

2. Sailing is slow and cumbersome. The autopathing is rubbish and whilst it is possible, it is not easy to pan the camera around looking for birds when you have to actively sail. Reversing fishing boats is good start however and appreciate the change. Increasing the fish values would offset this. ( zoom closer to front Bow side of the boat, and press fwd or Auto, you can see much clear than from the mast top view. Just link the nodes temp before trade and put it back if not enough CP)

3. They have devalued the fishing costume. More time is spent sailing in some cases then actual fishing? perhaps they could add +boat speed or something to the costume to offset this change. Next we will see sailing outfits or something like that, but that would be pretty crappy move if they did that. =/ (Valencia 3 and 4, there be sailing skills due to vast ocean expansion, diving for treasure and faster trade boat and galleon gvg, fishing costume still require if you escape and dive overboard from overwhelming enemy boarding and left your captain fight to last man )

4. They only last 30 mins. I think the timer should start when the first line is cast. Nothing like sailing for 10 minutes to get 1 cast and it goes.  (It get me 15-25 yellow tier fish, good enough for me, worth 3-5 Million overhaul per trap, trade further)

5. Their communication is poor about how the system actually works. We have discovered that you can't even see the birds/fish if your fishing level isn't high enough yet you can still catch gold fish in them. So you could be low level and never see them at all.  (I agree )

6. Graphics. These things are hard to see from a distance especially with certain graphics settings. Perhaps they could show on the minimap if you are within a certain distance. This might increase the chance of you spotting one. ( next you be asking for Valencia Radar Map where it ws intention to do so, you haven play valencia yet ? more realism)

7. CP investment. It takes a significant investment to buy all of the nodes to maximise maximum value of the fish. You could get a better return on investment by spending CP on other things and just forget about fishing all together. Increasing the fish values would offset this.  ( Be Donald Trump, fire your NPC workers/ sell them to slavery in AH, release unprofit nodes )

My initial reaction was extremely negative, but it has some merit, yet is still a ways off being perfect. (for current patch, I try to stay positive on your side in order to lessen misunderstanding until further changes )