• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Cash shop prices reduce them 50%

59 posts in this topic

Posted

OK DAUM this is really really ower due ... stop with insane cash shop prices already!

I am playing this game from the start and i can tell you right now besides the game i have spent ZERO in this game not because i couldn't afford it its because 

I feel like a donkeys a.s.s by caving in and spending so much cash on a perks you offer.

For example weight limit ... 30 Euros?  

Inventory expansion slots??? This is the thing that bugs me the most.  Drop prices by half like gold sellers were selling them few months ago and i tell you lots of people will spend more.

/Discus

3 people like this

Posted

Nah.

5 people like this

Posted

Nah.

Nah?

K bro.

Posted

/Discus

The cash shop could use an adjustment, especially a regional adjustment so we don't have people paying different prices for the same thing (because $30, 30€ and 30£ translate to different amounts) but 50% seems a bit much, especially for some items.

I'd like to see a 15-30% adjustment on most items, some things (like tears) are fine the way they are.

3 people like this

Posted

I'd be happier if outfits/costumes were around $20 (weapon + outfit skin, maybe $15 for just outfit) and pets a little bit cheaper

I want costumes for all my characters but they're expensive for me :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

$20-$25 seems best, one of the things that gets people to buy cash shop stuff is seeing they can get more than they actually want. If you put $30 in daum cash and turned it into pearls, you'd still have at least 800 pearls to work with after getting a costume.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cosmetic items shouldn't cost more than the base game, that's kinda insane.  Things bought by pearls shouldn't be RNG (i.e. dyes and skill change coupons) unless pearls can be acquired like loyalty.  These are things that are rip-offs to me.  

I'd rather get 10 pearls a day instead of 100 loyalty.  That way paying money only expedites getting things instead of opening up entire new approach options to the game.

Posted

Cosmetic items shouldn't cost more than the base game, that's kinda insane.  Things bought by pearls shouldn't be RNG (i.e. dyes and skill change coupons) unless pearls can be acquired like loyalty.  These are things that are rip-offs to me.  

I'd rather get 10 pearls a day instead of 100 loyalty.  That way paying money only expedites getting things instead of opening up entire new approach options to the game.

This

Posted

This topic was discussed to death back when the cash shop prices were initially announced, and in the weeks following release.

The discussions would invariably devolve into one side declaring "You're poor, get a job" while the other side argued that lowered prices would result in more sales resulting in higher overall profits.

For all the noise that was made, nothing really changed. They lowered the cost of costumes by 10%, so what you see now is all we managed to get.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's a sale going on atm. I believe that cosmetics should have a sale as well. 15-20% maybe?

Posted (edited)

There's a sale going on atm. I believe that cosmetics should have a sale as well. 15-20% maybe?

To me, a good sale takes a price from "I'm on the fence" to "this is a great deal" instead of "Overpriced" to "somewhat expensive"

I pre-ordered the explorers package and I'd say what I got was about the right price (horse, furniture set).  But to pay almost the same amount as the base game for a costume for one character is pretty expensive.

And this is along the lines of what @scau said, but steam regularly deals on games that I can't resist buying even though I never get around to playing them -- if they had sales like that I'd be all in.

Edited by Tatsumaki Jim

Posted

Keep the costume prices as they are, just unlock the costume for your entire family (just like pets are). No reason I should buy the same costume for every character in one family at the current price. I'd probably do outfits at $15 each, or $25 for your entire family unlock. Same with weight and inventory expansion.

It's not really that the prices are high, it's that when you play multiple characters, or want to play multiple characters, and realize that you need to spend all that money again to get your other character up to par with your "main", you quickly lose all desire to play that other character or spend more money.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think at this point they can change things. If they lowered prices, how many people would start demanding refunds on the items they already purchased? And is it fair to offer the same thing to someone else for cheaper?

Just look at the PVP-advantage outfit.... how many people are screaming for refund, cause the suit doesn't have a feature in a game mode that did not exist when the suit was released?

Posted

They should just make all cashshop items sellable on the marketplace.

People who don't want to spend money can get the stuff for silver.

People who want to spend money can get silver for it.

Everyone is happy? except those who don't want to spend time nor money on the game.

Posted (edited)

I don't think at this point they can change things. If they lowered prices, how many people would start demanding refunds on the items they already purchased? And is it fair to offer the same thing to someone else for cheaper?

Just look at the PVP-advantage outfit.... how many people are screaming for refund, cause the suit doesn't have a feature in a game mode that did not exist when the suit was released?

They can't. They've stated in the passed they WANTED to, but they weren't allowed to.

Edit: But for my principles, if they lowered everything by 30%, I might just overlook the month and a half of them black-listing my account from purchases because they're -----ing retarded, and actually give them more than just the $100 from my Conq. Pack.

Edited by Shades

Posted

Well its the korean mentality, the cash shop will never go down. They can scratch their head for ages, comparing to other ptp games that make a shit tone more money than Daum+ Daum Europe + pearl abyss combined. Like gw2 look at that shit one costume is 7 bucks and its for every character on your account. No one buys shit when they feel they being scammed.

Posted

/Discus

Yep the cash shop pricing is way too high.

Like 8$ for 8slot ? its 1$ PER inv slot.. that's insane. And even the poor saving you do buying  16slot for 14.50$ still dont make that interesting.

Outfit not account bound ( for thoses not special for a particular class ) with insane pricing isnt good either... so like many other things.

basicaly, thoses greedy PA / daum ( whoever decide the cs pricing ) wanted to milk the whales. Those guys are idiot.

Posted (edited)

Well its the korean mentality, the cash shop will never go down. They can scratch their head for ages, comparing to other ptp games that make a shit tone more money than Daum+ Daum Europe + pearl abyss combined. Like gw2 look at that shit one costume is 7 bucks and its for every character on your account. No one buys shit when they feel they being scammed.

This.

A game called Path of Exile charges $2 for a Stash Tab.

You use a few bytes, three inches of space, and a minute clicking a button on Amazon, for tens of thousands of times more profit. For something that is virtually required in the game, also labelled behind "convenience".

And I'm willing to spend several hundred dollars, if I feel I'm not paying for the golden dildo being shoved up my ass.

But there comes a point that I feel the company starts to care about making money, and doesn't care about the people spending it, that almost always reduces my will to spend ANY MONEY AT ALL. Of which, I haven't in three months. 

Edited by Shades

Posted

I don't understand why being able to buy weight and inventory slots is a thing in the first place. Why can't we have a standard inventory and weight limit that can only increase by progressing your character, and not by purchasing items off the cash shop?

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why being able to buy weight and inventory slots is a thing in the first place. Why can't we have a standard inventory and weight limit that can only increase by progressing your character, and not by purchasing items off the cash shop?

This, I mean i know they need to make money, but these are things that should be in game. I'm not asking for 1000 weight and max slots but more than 55 slots and a lil more weight, then if you want more you can buy lol

Posted

For all the noise that was made, nothing really changed. They lowered the cost of costumes by 10%, so what you see now is all we managed to get.

Daum announced they would keep pricing the same for the rest of the year. The OP should wait another 2-3 months and then make thread.

Posted

get a job

Posted

Welcome to core free to play games 101.

Posted

These are things that are definitely concerning to me.  The availability of these things for purchase suggests that Daum will be willfully inconvenient in their game design to persuade us to buy these things.

get a job

I have a job, but if I'm going to pay more than 50% of the cost of the base game for something, it better be expansion content, not cosmetic DLC for ONE character.  The costume prices would make more sense if BDO were F2P in NA, but it's not.

Posted

I agree that the cash shop is overly expensive, but if you spend the same as you would on a subscription each month, eventually! you will get what you desire.

However, I am 110% in agreement that things bought via a cash shop (i.e with real money) should not have a random attribute.  When you buy dye, it should be what colour you actually want, not a random shade of said colour.  We are buying from a shop, not playing a slot machine.