• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Graphics pixalated?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

In the spirit of 'does my bum look big in this?' - do my graphics look overly pixilated to you in the screen shot below?  I'm not that happy with the graphics but I'm not sure how bad they are compared to others.  Everything's set to high and my graphics card should handle it.

2016-06-21_421472988.JPG

Posted (edited)

Looks fine to me man... Also - your Butt does look big in that. 

Edited by Tynen

Posted (edited)

Well, it's a lot better than mine. I run mine on Medium for Texture/Graphic Quality though i do have anti-aliasing to make it a bit better. I had to turn both down when I get to pvp though, because of fps.

Edited by freymarch

Posted

Seems slightly off - Hard to tell with a screen shot though.

Posted

Check AA and SSAO.

Also check and see if your graphics are being "downscaled". Maybe play around with the ratios for your top and side borders to see if that is effecting it as well.

Posted

I think the only thing that looks pixilated is the white directional arrow. If anything, you've got too much smoothing - it's hard to read the text.

Posted

There's a lot of dithering in the textures, check your texture filtering and also run it on 32 bit colour.

Hope this helps.

Posted

Yeah, I can definitely notice heavy graininess in your screenshot. Hard to tell what's causing it though

Posted (edited)

In the spirit of 'does my bum look big in this?' - do my graphics look overly pixilated to you in the screen shot below?  I'm not that happy with the graphics but I'm not sure how bad they are compared to others.  Everything's set to high and my graphics card should handle it.

2016-06-21_421472988.JPG

Yes, this is an issue due to the engine altering your resolution and refresh rate. If you either run windowed or borderless windowed, you get that. You probably wonder about your low fps, too. This is because when you pick fullscreen, from now and then the game sets it back to "fake fullscreen" (borderless windowed) without telling you.

Try this guide:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91724-how-to-max-fps-through-a-real-fullscreen-mode/

This removed both the low fps for me and the "grain" you call pixalated here. It will help, in any of those issues. All the best

After you have read the short guide, be sure to double check if you get this message: - if you do, you are running the true fullscreen on confirmation. If you dont get that (at all or at a certain point, "fake fullscreen again and re-enable it manually. Happens if you alt-tab out often)

Unbenannt-1.jpg.970c303ffa3ecaa62dd607117a9aa3a1.jpg

Edit: Please ignore the female char screenshot. Its a bug.

rImZJBm.jpg

Edited by Displaynamex

Posted

There's an annoying sharpening filter applied to the game.  See this thread here:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/53082-finally-found-a-way-to-disable-the-horrible-forced-sharpness-filter-and-other-post-processing-effects/&page=1

TL;DR:

First edit the GameOption.txt in your \Documents\Black Desert folder

change postFilter to 0

next go in to the usercache folder there should be another folder with a number it's 52612 for me i think it's related to the server you play on so it can be different.

there is file named gameVariable.xml in there, change the PostFilter setting here as well

Note if you ever toggle the Screen Filter setting you have to repeat those steps since it defaults this setting to 1

Posted

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply and advise - much appreciated.  Ive pretty much tried everything suggested and unfortunately I haven't been able to improve it much. Its very playable however - guess Im getting fussy in my old age.