• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best chase cancel

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OK we have a lot of chase cancel version like chase + f and chase II + lmb.

With the recent patch i realized that  chase II + lmb is too short and too fast.

After multiple skill reset, the best chase cancel with good speed and range is actually just chase I using WW+Q.

Do not get chase II because it will make the chase slow using WW+Q and does not increase range.

Ultimate is ok but i feel purely chase I is slightly better i think or no differences.

Edited by gunwale
1 person likes this

Posted

You are right, WW+LMB with chase 2 gets canceled midway which will lead in more WP and stamina cost for the same distance.
WW+Q using chase 1 makes your travel slightly faster and consumes less WP and stamina for the same distance, with this method you won't cancel Chase midway.
I haven't test out the difference on Chase: Ultimate yet.

Posted

This is fantastic, thank you :) 

Posted

Currently I'm fine with my Chase II but I have a question.

Is superarmor duration between Chase I and II same? Can you entirely pass through cc skills with Chase I?

Posted (edited)

I have not tested the super armor on this version of chase cancel.

My theory is superarmor works but because like lynk said chase II cancels the chase mid way and it too fast and this will cause the superarmor to get canceled too.

To do chase II cancel using chase I you just WW+q+lmb.

Since ww+q doesnt have lmb anchor like the old kick cancel, i think blooming cancel has better chances to activate.

Edited by gunwale

Posted

doesn't work with SS :/

Posted

and.. just like that I'll stick to self-managing WW/SS+lmb. Really its fine as long as you don't hold LMB.

Posted (edited)

and.. just like that I'll stick to self-managing WW/SS+lmb. Really its fine as long as you don't hold LMB.

it does. for backward is SS+lmb+rmb

as for instant dash from non combat is lmb then quickly hold ww+q

Edited by gunwale

Posted

SS+lmb+rmb would trigger red moon on maehwa.

Posted (edited)

it doesnt for me that's weird. did you bind the ss to a key? mine is x.

it doesnt even trigger dragon bite unlike ss+lmb with chase II there is a small chance of dragon bite.

and superarmor works properly. i do not have chase II or ultimate. but it should work with ultimate.

Edited by gunwale

Posted

it doesnt for me that's weird. did you bind the ss to a key? mine is x.

it doesnt even trigger dragon bite unlike ss+lmb with chase II there is a small chance of dragon bite.

and superarmor works properly. i do not have chase II or ultimate. but it should work with ultimate.

that might be it, I have both. will likely test later.

Posted

yeah try it out. dont get chase II just chase I ww+q for normal chase ss+lmb+rmb for backward chase.

you can dash alot more compared to chase II + lmb

Posted

SS+lmb+rmb would trigger red moon on maehwa.

It doesn't trigger if you're already dashing.

I'd imagine that'd make direction switching very cumbersome.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't trigger if you're already dashing.

I'd imagine that'd make direction switching very cumbersome.

true but I am not good at it to begin with. my one hit slash is just hold ww+lmb and not changing ww to ss chase.

i prefer to have faster less wp chase, more superarmor frame and less sp spent.

currently i am testing divider 5. divider 5 seems to work differently than divider 1 2 3 4 during tiger blade. 

divider 1 2 3 4 consist of 4 combos for tiger blade but only 3 combos for divider 5 and the last hit seems to be stronger and has better KB. It can be canceled with WW to repeat spam divider in tiger blade and it is fast with rage.

Edited by gunwale

Posted

true but I am not good at it to begin with. my one hit slash is just hold ww+lmb and not changing ww to ss chase.

i prefer to have faster less wp chase, more superarmor frame and less sp spent.

currently i am testing divider 5. divider 5 seems to work differently than divider 1 2 3 4 during tiger blade. 

divider 1 2 3 4 consist of 4 combos for tiger blade but only 3 combos for divider 5 and the last hit seems to be stronger and has better KB. It can be canceled with WW to repeat spam divider in tiger blade and it is fast with rage.

Really wanna try divider with tiger blade after the buffs too, just too lazy to specc into it now :P 

Posted (edited)

i tried it out, only had chase 1 and got killed in under a second by 2 wizards while dashing. So the superarmor does not work on chase I or superarmor is just bugged in general.

edit: now that i think of it, i was slowed by like 80-90%, so the chase went on for super long and maybe the superarmor stopped working and i died? Still, this was not the case before the patch where superarmor was on it the whole duration of chase.

Edited by Prim nw

Posted (edited)

i tried it out, only had chase 1 and got killed in under a second by 2 wizards while dashing. So the superarmor does not work on chase I or superarmor is just bugged in general.

edit: now that i think of it, i was slowed by like 80-90%, so the chase went on for super long and maybe the superarmor stopped working and i died? Still, this was not the case before the patch where superarmor was on it the whole duration of chase.

When you're slowed, I noticed it feels like you get the super armor for the regular duration of the chase, but not for the full animation. (that would be kind of bullshit anyways, slows would be useless on us at that point.)

Also, tried both versions of chase out of combat, Chase 1 version seems unreliably slow to me either that or I'm use to managing my chases myself with the chase 2 version. Edited by Everandea

Posted

I can't test Chase 1 much, because I play in JP server and they don't give me free skill reset:/ I don't have way to switch chase 1 to the other... and back.

Also, tried both versions of chase out of combat, Chase 1 version seems unreliably slow to me either that or I'm use to managing my chases myself with the chase 2 version.

I feel same. I have 4/5 movement speed, and I believe Everandea also has movement speed gems.

Chase is so different when you have movement speed, I wonder if gunwale has them. 

Posted

I can't test Chase 1 much, because I play in JP server and they don't give me free skill reset:/ I don't have way to switch chase 1 to the other... and back.

I feel same. I have 4/5 movement speed, and I believe Everandea also has movement speed gems.

Chase is so different when you have movement speed, I wonder if gunwale has them. 

I'm at +0 MS.

Posted

I think you're overstating the benefits of movespeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you're overstating the benefits of movespeed.

Woot... maybe I did. I have had experience that I won a lot with movement speed than resistence. I mislead myself.

Posted (edited)

movespeed affect the normal dash without cancel more than with cancel. (do some video and compare and see)

wizard has always been superarmor killer even before this i always get KD by them even in tiger blade mode.

i too have 4 or 5 move speed and thats probably why my chase 2 seems slow.

i have also tested the chase at arena with a 56 160+/170+ 2.3kk hp wiz. I was dashing against the fence and she couldnt cc me at all.

i think it all depends on rng sometimes on cc. another interesting discovery is that this ww+q can block attacks sometimes when chasing but i am not sure how it works.

Edited by gunwale

Posted (edited)

did another test.

Q cancel was around 0.3secs faster over a 5 second dash
Q cancel used 34% stamina whereas LMB cancel used 44% stamina, i.e. a 23% decrease in resource use.

however,

back dash via Q cancel is cumbersome
slice harass is next to impossible
you can technically achieve the same resource use with LMB cancel just by not holding WW.

I guess you have to make a choice between forward efficiency vs flexibility.

Edited by Ambient
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0