• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crashing Overnight

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the past I crash overnight once in a while but recently it's been worse than normal.
I crash EVERY single night auto looping my horse since 5-6 days ago, or maybe since Friday's patch. 
Setup auto loop -> send to tray -> go bed -> 7 hrs later -> wake up -> crashed -> re-setup auto loop -> send to tray -> go to work -> 9 hrs later -> go home -> crashed -> punch monitor (jk). It's REALLY fk*ig annoying

Let's put it this way, it's bad enough that before I sleep, I think to myself "I wonder how long I can last tonight before I crash!"

Is this happening to anyone else? Please tell me it's not just me

Also, ignoring forum trolls and the overused "git gud" comments

Edited by Jaluvshuskies
2 people like this

Posted

Could it be the issue that you are sending it to tray ? I keep mine on overnight (not sending to tray) and it has been online for days without disconnection issues.

Posted

Could it be the issue that you are sending it to tray ? I keep mine on overnight (not sending to tray) and it has been online for days without disconnection issues.

Might be a possibility with Friday's patch, I could test it tonight and see if I don't crash. 

Ty, that's reassuring at least

Posted (edited)

I'.m on the same boat since the latest Patch, and I never send the game to tray. I thought it was my graphics driver, but now that you mentioned.

Edited by vIPkOhH
1 person likes this

Posted

Is it really crashing? It took me some time to realise that my ISP is resetting my connection once a day. Initially it was 6:34 pm and after a few weeks shifted to 1:22 am, which is more palatable but obviously stops all overnight afk gaming. Mind you, after seeing the increase in my power consumption, I stopped doing that anyway. :O :D

Posted

Is it really crashing? It took me some time to realise that my ISP is resetting my connection once a day. Initially it was 6:34 pm and after a few weeks shifted to 1:22 am, which is more palatable but obviously stops all overnight afk gaming. Mind you, after seeing the increase in my power consumption, I stopped doing that anyway. :O :D

I think so?

Is there a way to see the timestamps of when the game crashes? Maybe I could see a pattern, if there is, it's probably ISP

Posted

I think so?

Is there a way to see the timestamps of when the game crashes? Maybe I could see a pattern, if there is, it's probably ISP

Not on my computer right now but I believe the game is writing to a log file (can't remember if I looked for it when I was baffled by my disconnects). If there is, you should be able to find it somewhere in the installation path.

Posted (edited)

In the past I crash overnight once in a while but recently it's been worse than normal.
I crash EVERY single night auto looping my horse since 5-6 days ago, or maybe since Friday's patch. 
Setup auto loop -> send to tray -> go bed -> 7 hrs later -> wake up -> crashed -> re-setup auto loop -> send to tray -> go to work -> 9 hrs later -> go home -> crashed -> punch monitor (jk). It's REALLY fk*ig annoying

Let's put it this way, it's bad enough that before I sleep, I think to myself "I wonder how long I can last tonight before I crash!"

Is this happening to anyone else? Please tell me it's not just me

Also, ignoring forum trolls and the overused "git gud" comments

I was constantly having DC while I left my character autoloop overnight too(Both for Horse lvling and Strength lvling purpose)

At first I thought my internet disconnected, but after I checked it wasn't the case.

For some other days, I left my cha on bed rather than autolooping, then I was not disconnected at all for those days.

As soon as I started autolooping again, DC started to happen again.

Something from autoloop is surely triggering this DC.

btw I never send game to tray.

Edited by Shumie

Posted

I think since launch my afk night session was disconnected two times when sent to tray. So... again it must be some desync stuff regarding your region or internet.

Posted

been a few days for me .. game doesnt stay logged in at night and im geting random disconnects during the day.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've had the same problem during nights since the latest patch..

Posted

I had that happen a lot recently (but only when I was actually afk, not when I had the game minimized and was playing something else).  I was looping between Velia and Heidel or between Heidel and Northern Neutral zone.

Then I spent the night looping near Calpheon (since I was there and didn't want to get back to Heidel before bed) and was ok. Left the wagon running during the day there with no problems. 

Now I started looping on the south side of the river from Heidel and that's not given me any issues yet either.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted

Haven't done any afk leveling since last weeks patch, will check it out. I am curious...

I need to ask, what does "send to tray" mean. Not sure if googling this will tell me. So i am lazy... :P 

Thanks,

Posted

Same for me, afk leveling is not possible atm and was perfect before the patch 

Posted

Having this issue afk fishing since last patch.  Only disconnect when in an afk status.  Can only get roughly 5-10 rod casts in before the disconnect error.  Happens during the evenings while I sleep as well as when I try to afk during work.

Active play I get no dicons at all.

Posted

I think so?

Don't think its ISP's. Most people in my guild are reporting the same thing since the last patch, including myself. There are multiple other threads about people with same issues. They really jacked up the servers ever since they "upgraded" or made them more "stable"... It's Really, really bad, some channels seem to be worse than others. With all the info Daum has given us on this problem i would rest assured they are working on a solution... sorry, that last part is sarcasm.

Posted

You're one of the very few!

I think so?

It's NOT an ISP issue!

I have an extremely stable 250Mbit Cable connection and I've been disconnected at least 10 to 12 times a day since Valencia patch. And forget about afk anything overnight. Never happens with the disconnect issues. And I'm not the only one either. MANY others are having the same issues for as long. Look at all the other threads about the disconnect problem since Valencia patch. It's even in the tech support section. Daum refuses to fix THEIR problem! Very irritating! 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've never sent to tray when AFK, but erm.... this is probably totally coincidence, but as soon as I didn't manually turn my screen off and I let it dim via its normal power settings, I no longer had DC overnight issues. Like I said, I have no idea how this would make a difference... but if it works then hey! success! 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karaad