• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crazy idea: Merge servers + create fresh start server

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Phantom

Edited by Phantom

Posted

Didnt read but it looks like another super dumb idea

no

Posted

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted

And for those that are saying that some nodes were uncontested, given how buggy shit was and the testing phase going through with it +the almost unnanounced shift in timing , screwing up some schedules+ some guilds actually sitting out till shit is fixed + some guild missing out due to the schedule change, I highly doubt the uncontested node was due to lack of population but more of just test stuff.

I don't recommend server merging now anyway.

2 people like this

Posted

Merging into one mega-server would really only overpopulate the server (and yes, I read the bit about channels, it still would overpopulate the server as a whole, more channels doesn't translate into more nodes to win in war) and cause massive lag (they already have massive lag issues with the servers the way they are)

Not everyone is supposed to have a node m8

Posted

In three more months someone newer than yourself will also want a new server..

And three months after that..

And three months after that..

It's totally normal to want to restart the game now that you know what you are doing, but the answer is probably no.

Posted

Merge Croxus & Alustin and leave Jordine alone. Even then Jordine still had more people. 

Posted

I did not read the actual post, but i am going to say no.

Already enough people in the grinding spots. 

Posted (edited)

Merge all servers on EU together to make a megaserver

You just want to create some Federalist EU superserver, ruled by diktat from Brussels, don't you? You realize that the British players would just vote to leave that server, right?

Edited by Wynnter
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

there are only 3 god dam U.S servers and a bunch of shards per server wtf you smoking

merger = death in sandbox games

forced restarts = death in sandbox games

B.D is not the next 8 mill player game most of the new gen of gamers flock from one to the next

been through 5 server mergers in mmo games in the last 10 years and it always ends up the same, it doesn't solve the issue people like you complained about for the merger to take place in the first place

top that off the servers cant even handle the load they have at the moment and you want more lol FACEPALM X1MILL I CRIT MAX DAMAGE ECT ECT ECT :)

Edited by Mortucus

Posted

there are only 3 god dam U.S servers and a bunch of shards per server wtf you smoking

B.D is not the next 8 mill player game most of the new gen of gamers flock from one to the next

been through 5 server mergers in mmo games in the last 10 years and it always ends up the same, it doesn't solve the issue people like you complained about for the merger to take place in the first place

You didn't read, wp

Posted

You didn't read, wp

title states merger servers my other statements stand as well

Posted

title states merger servers my other statements stand as well

:reads topic:

:replies:

:justifies stupidity:

Posted

Not everyone is supposed to have a node m8

k. Not everyone is supposed to be on one server m8.

Posted

Thanks, but no thanks. 

Posted (edited)

Where did you read "forced" restart? Fresh start servers are optional chose in all games where publishers do it. Not o-or connection. Start new character in fresh server doesn't affect your old characters and old servers.

I "vote":

Merge: no

New fresh start server: ok/yes

Edited by Mikroman

Posted (edited)

Perhaps a merge is not nessesary yet, but the competition for the nodes seems very limited at the moment on Croxus. Ultimately you do not want to end up fighting against the same guilds over and over for the rest of eternity, currently there are maximum 10 competetive guilds. With the Valencia patch there will be 5 territories total to fight for. Unless smaller guilds are going to form alliances, I do not expect enough competition and dynamic battles. For now, that will probaly still be good enough for several months to come. But I think it is rather a question of when not if. I have seen alot of ''free'' notes so far, where there were no contesters at all. This even counts for some t3 nodes. But lets not forget that we still are on a test period, who knows things might turn out differently.

Edited by Judaism

Posted

yes +1

1 server and without channels. i want the Lineage 2 experience back

Posted

Just : No.

Posted

Merge? Sure, more people to play against?

Fresh server? BDO is not a dying milked-cow yet like archeage. Terrible idea.

Posted (edited)

Merge? Sure, more people to play against?

Fresh server? BDO is not a dying milked-cow yet like archeage. Terrible idea.

Fresh start is not "cheat the death" tactic only. Fresh servers and new games can offer to players fast development/upgrades, competitive environment and big playersbase. BDO had good chances, just siege delays, static/stucked enchant and upgrade caps killed the power of active gamers community in "old" servers. New start or new good(!) game = more fun.

Ok some of us are "ladder"/season fanatics like me. This is the legacy of D2 LoD maybe. Or starcraft thing. :D

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

k. Not everyone is supposed to be on one server m8.

What? So what's better about 3 half empty servers than 1 server with high population & lots of compettition?

Atleast admit that you're just a scrub who wants free nodes

Posted

So if they release a server transfer tickted would that not solve all the issue's. People who want a solo game and less competition can join a low populated server. And for those that do want a competitive game can join the most populated server. So no merges needed and you give people the option to switch if they would desire to do so.

Posted

What? So what's better about 3 half empty servers than 1 server with high population & lots of compettition?
Atleast admit that you're just a scrub who wants free nodes

My server is packed, last I checked no nodes are uncontested and competition is pretty fierce.

You're welcome to cram your attitude up your ass btw.

Posted

We haven't even looked at node wars yet, choosing to let y'all beta test for us. Cheers though. We'll get there some day. (From Jordine)