• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Extremely slow download speed on update.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 7Mb connection so generally i download at around 500-700KB/s i started the update when i went to sleep of 3 GB usually will take 2-3 hours to download instead its saying it'll take 10-15 hours it's downloading at 0.03-0.08MB/s so 30KB/s-80KB/s when i woke up it was only at 50% so i restarted the launcher to see if that would help it cleared all progress so far and is back to 1%. 

Anyone have any idea how to speed this up? I've already checked my connection and it's not that.

Posted (edited)

My download speed spikes up towards 10-30mbs on steam, only getting 1.5mbs, but for some odd reason it was at .50 and it is creeping up slowly, basicaly it went from .050 then to 1mb then to 1.5mbs now its apporaching towards 2mbs, kind of wierd, dont know what is causing it.

Just hit the 2mb/s mark and its still increasing at a snails pace.

Download speed stopped at 2.20mb/s and it will not progress any further.

anyone?

Edited by Hollenhund

Posted

The launcher is terrible, you need to monitor speeds using your Resource Monitor or something like Netlimiter. I'm not getting what I can get with other games and Steam as well but this patch I'm getting a faster speed boost. Getting 900KB/s up to about 1.2MB/s, but it's a little before 6AM PST here. In general the day time speeds are pathetic, only the overnight speeds, 1AM - about 8AM PST, will I see a surge.

On another thread I recently even pestered my ISP and they told me they do no speed throttling.

Current IP is 23.61.195.66, which from what I can tell is San Jose CA. There is nothing can do about it. Blame Akamai Technologies, which BDO is using in NA. They or their contract with Daum sucks balls.

Posted

I am experiencing EXTREMLY slow download speeds. I am physically only 20 miles from San Jose, Ca. and if what you say is true about the server being in Silicon Valley then I can not understand why the download is so slow.  Would really like to hear an explanation as to why its gonna take me 28 hours to download the game that is on a server 30 minutes from me.

Posted

Happening to me to sits on 0.60MB/s its bullsh*t, 24hrs to download......