• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Classes After Awakening weapons.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, I'm kinda new in BD I started playing 1 week ago with a ranger (lv 51 atm) I picked this class becouse I allways loved archers and becouse I heard that ranger was good at BDO so I Picked my archer.

Now I know that later on every class will have an awakening weapon that means that every class will be able to choose a different weapon (ranger will use elemental sword right?)

Well my question is: ¿How will be the classes after awakening? ¿And how will be the Ranger? Asking this becouse I'm just playing for 1 week so If I have to reroll better now that later on...

The classes I like also atm are warriors, valks and zerks. Should I Reroll??

Posted (edited)

From what I've heard and seen about Awakenings, Zerk and Warrior are top but according to a lot of KR players, awakenings are balanced and it all comes down to gear & skill, zerk has advantage over warrior b/c of the HP as far as I know that's the main difference. I'm not really sure the other differences with the rest of awakenings, I've heard Sorc's awakening is pretty good too o: but play whatever class you find most fun, that's what it's about in the end :) I can't speak for ranger awakening or even the other classes I haven't mentioned, but if you're interested in warrior, valk (I don't know where they rank in awakening) , and zerk, I'm sure you'll have a blast with any of those 3~

You might have done some research already but one place to start with is watching gameplay & reading people's thoughts on certain classes awakening:

Ranger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJ9oAL73Cg
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/9226-share-your-thoughts-on-the-ranger-awakening/

• Pre-awakening / now: Was doing great, until recent patch on 6/17/16 nerfed Shotgun, their main dps / damage. Not sure how they are pve wise, might be bearable. Don't know much more about Ranger
  • Post-awakening: Medieval rogue/assassin, seems to not flow well with bow kit according to KR, you can now defend yourself at close range, useless in pve but useful in pvp, a lot of people disappointed with her awakening

Warrior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7N5_MLU5YI
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/87516-late-release-of-already-available-awakening-weapons-repost/

• Pre-awakening / now: Had a lot of potential and if you were pretty geared and knew a good combo, you had a pretty good chance at winning against most classes. Unfortunately recent patch on 6/17/16 removed the ability to use one of the most used combos, a lot of warriors consider it a nerf, others think we're still fine. I believe we still are able to survive now, but our dmg output is suffering more and more. Seems to be wanted less and less in group pvp
  • Post-awakening: WE WILL GET OUR REVENGE (will move to the top in pvp with amazing damage, healing abilities, and block)

Valk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KSQ6bkT-8
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1066-valkyrie-awakens/

• Pre-awakening / now: Pretty good 1v1, tankier than Warrior and with more damage and heal skill, but less mobility. Pve capabilities are kinda meh compared to other classes. I don't really know much else about Valk
  • Post-awakening: A lot disappointed / not what they expected, some excited. Looks like more range, reaching charges, decent aoe range, mobility skill

Zerk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLWHZ54QP8
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/2374-berserker-awakening-discussion/

• Pre-awakening / now: Got a HUGE HP buff, skill buffs on 6/17/16 patch but can't do cc after grab. Not sure if they can chain their grabs? I think they're still a wanted class in group pvp. I also don't know much else about Zerk
  • Post-awakening: King of pvp, insane burst dmg, stun effects, multiple aoe stuns, not as flashy as other classes

Based off the 4 classes you mentioned, my personal order of preference of ranking for awakening is Zerk > Warrior > Valk > Ranger -or- Zerk > Warrior > Ranger > Valk

There's a bunch of other videos you could look at, depending on if you want to see pve/pvp/pvx

Edited by Jaluvshuskies
1 person likes this

Posted

The words Ranger and OP are often used in the same sentence together, pre and post awakening, so you may be fine with your first choice.  But the bigger they are the harder they fall.... am I right?!

Not to sure on the others, I often hear that Ranger warrior and sorc have the best awakenings but supposedly some big balance patches are in the works or some such.

Posted

I like Berserker and Warrior a lot after Awakening I think I want to reroll in one of those...

Do we know when awakening is coming to EU??

Posted

Ranger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJ9oAL73Cg
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/9226-share-your-thoughts-on-the-ranger-awakening/

• Pre-awakening / now: Was doing great, until recent patch on 6/17/16 nerfed Shotgun, their main dps / damage. Not sure how they are pve wise, might be bearable. Don't know much more about Ranger
  • Post-awakening: Medieval rogue/assassin, seems to not flow well with bow kit according to KR, you can now defend yourself at close range, useless in pve but useful in pvp, a lot of people disappointed with her awakening

at first yes, but now pretty much every KR ranger I know is happy with the awakening, it helps her a lot with its abbilities

1 person likes this

Posted

I like Berserker and Warrior a lot after Awakening I think I want to reroll in one of those...

Do we know when awakening is coming to EU??

Very good choice

If you want to decide one of the two, berserker currently is in a better state than warrior without awakening, BUT warrior gameplay is still really fun to me and I'll continue playing / maining him until Kunoichi, while I wait for Awakening. I'm not sure how fun berserker gameplay is, I haven't played him before. lol

I'm not sure if NA & EU share the same times, but Awakening for NA is planned for August, so, expect late August-early september (unless delayed further)

They said one thing for sure, and it's that we will NOT get awakening before August 

Posted (edited)

Nothing about tamer what a surprise...

Edited by Kagare

Posted (edited)

Tamers are the best burst class ish, next to ranger still. They suffer PvE somewhat due to a pvp oriented damage ratio.

Right now general consensious :

War : tanky and constant between block and super armor they have great instant defense to offense ratio

Valk : Not much change, but "enhanced" is the word here. Great GvG powers which gets a bit shafted in 1v1 situations. Basically anyone can work around an awaken valk toolset, but not when they're in a group.

Ranger : Still top ish burst hit and run like scenario. The dagger iframe spam lets them escape, and the bow let's them attack uncontested

Tamer : Very good small scale tool set and generally the best iframe burst through class. There zoning is the best, simply uncontested in wtf happen tactics. Lacking somewhat in PvE due to stay on sword mostly.

Sorc: small scale AoE mid range burst. Excel in fire fights since they can CC with amulet and let lose with scythe aoes.

Giant : They can really pve that's for sure. Good all rounder. PvE PvP, solo, group, boss, they do it all.

Blader : Dat burst... speed and iframe central, the best seek and destroy, or run people down.

Plum: last heard broken/sucks, not worth mentioning till some stuff get fixed.

Ninja obvious unknown.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

"The classes I like also atm are warriors, valks and zerks"

"Hey, I'm kinda new in BD I started playing 1 week ago with a ranger (lv 51 atm) I picked this class becouse I always loved archers and becouse I heard that ranger was good at BDO so I Picked my archer."

Do I main Warrior because tamer is bad? Or because wizard is bad? Or because Ranger is bad? No. Literally because OP likes these 4 specific classes and these are their top preferences. Stop being salty.

Posted

Hey, I'm kinda new in BD I started playing 1 week ago with a ranger (lv 51 atm) I picked this class becouse I allways loved archers and becouse I heard that ranger was good at BDO so I Picked my archer.

Now I know that later on every class will have an awakening weapon that means that every class will be able to choose a different weapon (ranger will use elemental sword right?)

Well my question is: ¿How will be the classes after awakening? ¿And how will be the Ranger? Asking this becouse I'm just playing for 1 week so If I have to reroll better now that later on...

The classes I like also atm are warriors, valks and zerks. Should I Reroll??

Ranger awakening is very strong, top 3 according to some people so definitely don't worry about Ranger becoming weak, they are one of the best classes. Warrior awakening is very strong currently also, a Warrior with awakening and equal gear can kill any class as long as he plays right, so their awakening is up there with the best ones. Berserker awakening is also really strong currently and will probably get nerfed in KR soon so that is another good one, basically all 3 Ranger / Warrior / Berzerker have good awakenings so just pick what you enjoy.

Valkyrie awakening is somewhere there in the middle, I haven't heard much about it. It's not bad but not the best either, it's just good all around I suppose. But after all of the awakenings have been released there will be a massive balancing patch that focuses on the awakening weapons, nerfing the best ones and putting the bottom tier awakenings closer in line to the good ones so just pick what class you enjoy playing because what is strong now might not be that strong in the upcoming months.

Posted

If I recall correctly, all awakening weapons announced so far are mainly melee weapons, with a few range abilities. If it is the case, Ranger seems to be the only choice for projectile base range damage.  

Posted (edited)

Ranger awakening is very strong, top 3 according to some people so definitely don't worry about Ranger becoming weak, they are one of the best classes. Warrior awakening is very strong currently also, a Warrior with awakening and equal gear can kill any class as long as he plays right, so their awakening is up there with the best ones. Berserker awakening is also really strong currently and will probably get nerfed in KR soon so that is another good one, basically all 3 Ranger / Warrior / Berzerker have good awakenings so just pick what you enjoy.
Valkyrie awakening is somewhere there in the middle, I haven't heard much about it. It's not bad but not the best either, it's just good all around I suppose. But after all of the awakenings have been released there will be a massive balancing patch that focuses on the awakening weapons, nerfing the best ones and putting the bottom tier awakenings closer in line to the good ones so just pick what class you enjoy playing because what is strong now might not be that strong in the upcoming months.

There is no bad awakenings except Maewha with ninja still unknown.

There is no top 3. The only reason valk is a little weaker is due to a few bugs with it's super armor being ripped off too fast, and it's still not that much in term of her party style focus.

Whatever you think is the top 3, no, just no. Gaint who you claim really strong, is really just a PvE monster. In terms of pvp, he's...alright. It's an all rounder in hindsight, so definitely not a top 3, no matter how slim a top 3 is.

In the end, you can pick whatever you like, it'll likely perform pretty well.

Edited by Kuu

Posted (edited)

There is no bad awakenings except Maewha with ninja still unknown.

There is no top 3. The only reason valk is a little weaker is due to a few bugs with it's super armor being ripped off too fast, and it's still not that much in term of her party style focus.

Whatever you think is the top 3, no, just no. Gaint who you claim really strong, is really just a PvE monster. In terms of pvp, he's...alright. It's an all rounder in hindsight, so definitely not a top 3, no matter how slim a top 3 is.

In the end, you can pick whatever you like, it'll likely perform pretty well.

Sorry I didn't mean that these are my point of view, those are just basically the top 3 that BJGodNa said are the best in his opinion in his stream earlier.

If you ask me I still don't think anyone has anything bad to say about Warrior or Giant awakening, I mean a lot of people complain and there's a million of different opinions in forums but all awakenings can grind mobs that's for sure.. No matter what you pick you can still grind and do PvE which is the most important part and the ones that are weaker they will balance later so they are better.

And what is really bad now can be the best awakening in a few months so.

Edited by Phantom303