• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Remember when we used to have community moderators until @Deska was publicly crucified?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I remember those times. They were good times. 

I've always felt as though Daum were some intangible man in the sky giving us updates from time to time. They were fundamentally disconnected from us, but there used to also be community moderators who walked among us. They felt real. I'm afraid those days are long gone now though. Now they cower in fear lest they suffer the same gruesome fate as @Deska. We still have a weird idolatry of CMs though. Which is particularly strange to me, coming from Archeage where dumping on Trino was practically a meme. 

Anyway. I miss volunteer mods. Their presence was for the betterment of Black Desert Online as a whole. We need more of them and less CM worship. Such as...

Exhibit A:

cvBg50t.png?1

Exhibit B:

Q5vFLyc.png

Exhibit C:

25mmhNC.png?1

Like srsly wtf ppl. 

EDIT:
This thread has been moved from the General forum to the Off-Topic forum.

Edited by Dremlock
3 people like this

Posted

Yeah, I've found the CM worshipping pretty weird, considering they have the personality of a wall made out of porridge. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Not to hate, but Deska was hit or miss though. There were right just as often as they were really wrong. Some of the other moderators were much quieter and stuck to locking bad topics without a lot of fanfare. There were one or two moderators that were a bit too "public" IMO and distracted from the game.

Also I am sure I have seen one or two community moderators recently doing there thing. Quietly.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

Yeah, I've found the CM worshipping pretty weird, considering they have the personality of a wall made out of porridge. 

I know right? I feel like they intentionally are trying to have as little personality as possible. I don't blame them. It's a job for them and they conduct themselves with professionalism as they should. Focusing attention rightly on 1) the game and 2) the community. Yet for some reason the fanboyism is rampant. 

Posted

Is Che actually your rl wife, or is this just some of that rampant fanboyism?

Posted (edited)

She is my actual wife, but I am also her #1 fan. 

but let's not get distracted with me. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

Well your fanboyism is at least based on reality.

Posted

There were one or two moderators that were a bit too "public" IMO and distracted from the game.

I used to think this as well. But now it's cold and lonely. I'd rather have distractions from the game than to be left so disconnected. I mean. ideally they'd contribute frequently in a positive way, but i'd take anything at this point. 

Posted

Also considering they literally do nothing more than moderate forums and relay information up and down to and from the people that truly matter...the people that play the game and the people that actually work on the game. I think that the people who fangirl these forum moderators really need to get a grip on reality...or shut the computer off and look up to people who actually do things in life worth admiring.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think that the people who fangirl these forum moderators really need to get a grip on reality...or shut the computer off and look up to people who actually do things in life worth admiring.

I don't mean to say their work isn't commendable. tbh they can continue doing what they do how they do it. I'm just looking for something additional. More personal contact between us and Daum and/or Pearl Abyss. There is a certain missing human element in all this. Something that was previously filled to some extent by community mods. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted (edited)

Being a moderator on forums to a free to play game is probably the most nerve wrecking job ever, especially if you are a volunteer. The sheer amount of chimps throwing their own feces at you on a daily basis, is just unbearable. 

I commend a lot of these guys for the patience they have/had, but I don;t blame them if they break down and want to just disappear forever.

Edited by Kasathar
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't mean to say their work isn't commendable. tbh they can continue doing what they do how they do it. I'm just looking for something additional. More personal contact between us and Daum and/or Pearl Abyss. There is a certain missing human element in all this. Something that was previously filled to some extent by community mods. 

Yeah, I feel the same. I don't consider generic, canned or robotic type replies from Community Managers doing ANYTHING for the community. I understand there is a literal ocean and language barrier between us and the prime developers, but we as players kinda feel alone on an island in regards to any kind of connection between the game and it's playerbase.

Posted (edited)

I've always felt as though Daum were some intangible man in the sky giving us updates from time to time. They were fundamentally disconnected from us, but there used to also be community moderators who walked among us. They felt real. I'm afraid those days are long gone now though. Now they cower in fear lest they suffer the same gruesome fate as @Deska. We still have a weird idolatry of CMs though. Which is particularly strange to me, coming from Archeage where dumping on Trino was practically a meme. 

Anyway. I miss volunteer mods. Their presence was for the betterment of Black Desert Online as a whole. We need more of them and less CM worship. Such as...

Let's face it Daum is run on a shoestring and that's why we have 'volunteer' mods. Now, I saw that thread and if that was an employee they'd have been fired and publicly shamed. There were some volunteer mods that would constantly flout the forum rules when posting. Conduct that a normal poster would not get away with. Volunteer mods while they may not be a paid employee they are representatives of the company and they should behave in a professional manor. That was not the case.

If someone wants to be a volunteer mod then they must give up their private forum activity and only post when it's business. Now I've noticed a fair few new ones [volunteer mods] and rightfully they dont post much.

I used to play AA and my opinion of Trion could reach no new lows but Daum have been disgusting in their conduct and likely outright illegal. From the T5 horse middle finger at first and then the changing of costumes and then the removal of functionality and giving no refund. At least when Trion makes a mistake they own up to it immediately and dont need shamed on Reddit to redress the situation.

Edited by Saccharin
To remove bold
1 person likes this

Posted

all the staff and their fanboys need to be crucified.

1 person likes this

Posted

Exhibit A:

cvBg50t.png?1

Exhibit B:

Q5vFLyc.png

Exhibit C:

25mmhNC.png?1

Like srsly wtf ppl. 

EDIT:
This thread has been moved from the General forum to the Off-Topic forum.

down with athourity man

i follow my own rules. nobody else's. not even my own

*green day plays loudly*

also deska deserved what he got for acting like a racist butthead

1 person likes this

Posted

Well your fanboyism is at least based on reality.

THIS AGAIN??

8d98707b9710ef84d42fe0858e3b633bf645e8dd

1 person likes this

Posted

Exhibit B:

Q5vFLyc.png

Sorry, but I'm Exhibit A.

Um, I would quote the picture, but I don't know the name of the anime, but basically, it's got to do with porridge on a "little girl's face", dressed in a cat/maid uniform – I don't mind licking that wall :^)

Oh? You're a cuck perhaps, then? Since said person flirts like mad with Skyfrog. Skyfrog probably has the bigger -----, though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry, but I'm Exhibit A.

Um, I would quote the picture, but I don't know the name of the anime, but basically, it's got to do with porridge on a "little girl's face", dressed in a cat/maid uniform – I don't mind licking that wall :^)

Oh? You're a cuck perhaps, then? Since said person flirts like mad with Skyfrog. Skyfrog probably has the bigger -----, though.

skyfrog is pretty great

but not available 

Posted

There are still some volunteer moderators. Hoi ! o/

In my opinion CM worship issn't bad. What would you prefer, a soft relationship between Daum and the community, or a strict relationship ? A strict relationship would be like 'Here are your patchnotes, have fun'.
I was sick of a strict relationship between a publisher and the community at other games before. I love it how the CM's from Daum interact with the community and I hope this will never change.

1 person likes this

Posted

THIS AGAIN??

LOL.

Posted

In my opinion CM worship issn't bad. What would you prefer, a soft relationship between Daum and the community, or a strict relationship ? A strict relationship would be like 'Here are your patchnotes, have fun'.
I was sick of a strict relationship between a publisher and the community at other games before. I love it how the CM's from Daum interact with the community and I hope this will never change.

I've seen the GMs interact more with the community way more than the CMs do, tbh.

It wouldn't hurt them to stop by and tell a knock knock joke once in a while.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

skyfrog is pretty great

but not available 

Yah, I gathered – too busy filling someone's stomach:

kikkerbilletjesmetknoflookpureee.jpg

Nevermind that geezer, p0hil – he has no fricking argument in the first place.

The title of his thread and the start of his post are misleading as he goes on to state how the lack of engagement from "community moderators" "nowadays" is disheartening, and then goes on to talk about "fangirls" – like, where the hell do people learn how to construct arguments? What has that "point" got to do with his argument that they're no longer his "best friends"? Also, "Exhibit A" and "C" are essentially the same person. By the nub's logic, he could have quoted all of my posts fangirling Jouska to "strengthen" his argument – some people are just far too dense.

Edited by Mooie Rui

Posted

As this thread has been relegated to the off topic forums I think it's a subtle hint from Daum that we should stop replying. 

basically this:

I've seen the GMs interact more with the community way more than the CMs do, tbh.
It wouldn't hurt them to stop by and tell a knock knock joke once in a while.

it's pretty obvious we both like to make jokes on the internet. But it would be nice if you stopped discussing my genitals on a public forum. ty

THIS AGAIN??

hi honey! excellent meme

Posted

As this thread has been relegated to the off topic forums I think it's a subtle hint from Daum that we should start crucifying.

Fixed.

Who we crucifying first?

Posted

Relationship usually implies a communication. So far it has been:

CM's: " We are here, but we can't really tell you much". " And a lot of recent plans that we made got delayed, just because. " The end.

Like right now, a lot of players see that people are leaving the game and in masses. Just on Jordine so many guilds has fallen apart recently, so many players has quit. But CM's are silent.

Where is the damage control? Where are the reassurances that they are actually  looking to attract more players to the game or to keep the ones that are still playing?

Players asked for Awakening weapons so we can have a balanced combat - Denied.

Players asked for Ninja - Denied. - Why? Seriously Why?

Players ask " Why you keep on giving us patches that are designed for Awakening weapons? ( Out of all classes - Why buff Wizards?) "  - Silence.