• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Click HERE for the guide!

Newer Forum Thread

Edited by DSdavidDS
see changelog
31 people like this

Posted

Nice guide! I personally like to use 1x Adamantine (25% KB/KD resist) and 1x (Swiftness +2 MS) in shoes and 1x Intimidation (10% KB/KD resist) in Helmet.

2 people like this

Posted

Nice guide! I personally like to use 1x Adamantine (25% KB/KD resist) and 1x (Swiftness +2 MS) in shoes and 1x Intimidation (10% KB/KD resist) in Helmet.

I will be updating the xtals section with more options soon!

Posted

Great guide David! Will be bookmarking this :)

1 person likes this

Posted

I will be updating the xtals section with more options soon!

and carnae to get max as/crit

Posted

Finally! Someone made this! Great guide, love it. Very nicely and simply explained and great to follow. Also i was looking for a build after the last patch.

Do we know for sure that the ranger changes are going to stay like how they currently are?

Posted

Outside of what I'll mention below, overall a very well-written guide. Thanks for taking the time to write it, I've been trying to do something similar for a while but could never get the formatting/content up to my standards. 

Criticisms: 

• Should probably find a way to mention the set bonus between the Ancient Guardian's Seal and the Ancient Weapon Core. 
  • Gem section is lackluster. You need to mention the Adamantine (and Red Battlefield Adamantine) boot gems. I'd also note +5 AP weapon gems (and their Red Battlefield variants), Black Spirit Crystals, and all the EXP gems. With the gems I've mentioned, and the ones you've already talked about, you'll get all walks of ranger life covered in your guide here. 
  • I'd mention Ring of Good Deeds and Necklace of Good Deeds in here, the former being a good budget ring and the latter being a good budget neck until you acquire an Ogre Ring. 6 AP and 3 Accuracy is nothing to scoff at.  

You included it in there as a source, but in a more obvious button format, here's my guide on where to get some of the gear that David covers in his guide. 

Posted

Ultimate Ranger reference:

Don't listen to OP

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice guide, just missing the good awakening bonuses on skills :)

Edited by Minazuki

Posted (edited)

Great guide. I am in Ultimate Zereth and Heve at lvl 54.. Should I change to Grunil or wait for boss?

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

Great guide. I am in Ultimate Zereth and Heve at lvl 54.. Should I change to Grunil or wait for boss?

Real power in grunil is the 2 crystal slots. so i would either mix up heve/grunil, or either full heve or full grunil. But full heve doesn't make much sense as it won't give more benefit with 4 set, but its cheaper.

Zereth provides more stamina and DP.. but still i think 2 crystal slot worth more than that, in PvP especially. If you just PvE i think you can stick to your current gear.

Posted (edited)

Real power in grunil is the 2 crystal slots. so i would either mix up heve/grunil, or either full heve or full grunil. But full heve doesn't make much sense as it won't give more benefit with 4 set, but its cheaper.

Zereth provides more stamina and DP.. but still i think 2 crystal slot worth more than that, in PvP especially. If you just PvE i think you can stick to your current gear.

So you see a benefit in going from Ultimate Zereth/Heve to Heve/Grun or all Grun before getting boss.

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

So you see a benefit in going from Ultimate Zereth/Heve to Heve/Grun or all Grun before getting boss.

If you are PvP player go heve/grunil, or full grunil.

If you are PvE player or short in money, stick with your current gear.

I heard about ppl still not  getting any boss item after 4-6 months in other versions. So you may get them soon, may not..

Posted

If you are PvP player go heve/grunil, or full grunil.

If you are PvE player or short in money, stick with your current gear.

I heard about ppl still not  getting any boss item after 4-6 months in other versions. So you may get them soon, may not..

I think I will move to Heve/Grunil as HP scales damage for us.

Posted

Finally! Someone made this! Great guide, love it. Very nicely and simply explained and great to follow. Also i was looking for a build after the last patch.

Do we know for sure that the ranger changes are going to stay like how they currently are?

I can only assume PA has changes underway. Daum isn't the type to let such a ridiculous nerf to ignored. 

Pure speculation but 

1. They will buff all he less-used skills to do more damage or
  2. Rebalance the damage of shotgun

Outside of what I'll mention below, overall a very well-written guide. Thanks for taking the time to write it, I've been trying to do something similar for a while but could never get the formatting/content up to my standards. 

Criticisms: 

• Should probably find a way to mention the set bonus between the Ancient Guardian's Seal and the Ancient Weapon Core. 
  • Gem section is lackluster. You need to mention the Adamantine (and Red Battlefield Adamantine) boot gems. I'd also note +5 AP weapon gems (and their Red Battlefield variants), Black Spirit Crystals, and all the EXP gems. With the gems I've mentioned, and the ones you've already talked about, you'll get all walks of ranger life covered in your guide here. 
  • I'd mention Ring of Good Deeds and Necklace of Good Deeds in here, the former being a good budget ring and the latter being a good budget neck until you acquire an Ogre Ring. 6 AP and 3 Accuracy is nothing to scoff at.  

You included it in there as a source, but in a more obvious button format, here's my guide on where to get some of the gear that David covers in his guide. 

Thank you so much for your comment and constructive feedback!

• I was pondering about if the Ancient Guardian's Seal and Ancient Weapon Core are worth getting on a Ranger. (There was a discussion on reddit about this earlier today). I updated and made note of the set effect.
  • I will update the gems right after I finish updating the awakenings
  • I decided not to include the Ring of Good Deeds because it is only slightly better than Bares and the Sealed Accessories, MoS, and Witch's quickly out damage it. As for Necklace of Good Deeds, it is probably one of the best necklaces out there but the supply of it is lower than Ogre Ring at this point that I wanted to save people's time and not include it on this list. 
  • Hope you didn't mind me including that list your guide! I'll try to make it more visible

Ultimate Ranger reference:

Don't listen to OP

:'(

Nice guide, just missing the good awakening bonuses on skills :)

Yep. I will get to that very soon. I first want some feedback on awakening skills. Please see the question below that I addressed to everyone. 

Like @Azta said earlier, there are people (like me) who have gone a long time without finding boss gear.

With that said, lets compare your choice of Zereth Shoes.

Zereth Shoes +15

• 33 DP
  • 1 slot
  • +200 stamina
  • +350 total stamina with a Magic Crystal of Infinity - Energy: +150 stamina

Heve/Grunil Shoes +15

• 31 DP
  • 2 slot
  • +300 total stamina with 2 Magic Crystal of Infinity - Energy: +150 stamina

So in conclusion, you are trading +50 stamina and 2 DP for movement speed and/or CC resistance crystals. If you take advantage of that extra stamina, Zereth is better. 

________

So I need some feedback on awakenings. 

These are the core awakenings [list] for rangers:

• WotW - Deal 5% of max HP as extra damage
  • Evasive Shot - Increased attack speed by 10% for 5 seconds
  • Descending Current - Ranged Attack Damage +5
  • Everything else would be "Decreases enemy's movement speed by -10% for 10 seconds" or "Ranged Attack Damage +5"

Haven't been able to measure the damage on the bleed and burn awakenings but I can tell the bonus damage is very small

Agree? Disagree? I will add this bit to the guide you guys agree.

Another thing I want some feedback on since I haven't been able to get my hands on Boss Armor

After getting Bhegs gloves:

• 3 Heve + Gloves (300 hp set effect)

After getting Bhegs gloves AND Giath helmet:

• Grunil Armor + shoes AND Bhegs + Giath (150 hp set + 100 hp giath)

Yay? Nay?

Posted

About the awakening bonuses this is exactly what i use atm, so for me you are right ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Another thing I want some feedback on since I haven't been able to get my hands on Boss Armor

After getting Bhegs gloves:

• 3 Heve + Gloves (300 hp set effect)

After getting Bhegs gloves AND Giath helmet:

• Grunil Armor + shoes AND Bhegs + Giath (150 hp set + 100 hp giath)

Yay? Nay?

I haven't gotten any boss armor myself, but have been thinking what to use once I do get Bheg's gloves. Since it will break the Grunil set bonus, Heve is our only real option for the +250hp bonus. But I don't see why you would need 3 pieces of it. With Bheg's gloves (hopefully one day) I was thinking 2 Heve, and 1 Grunil since it's already ultimate, which I think most people already have these days.

1 person likes this

Posted

this guide is good for rookies :3

Posted (edited)

IMO penetrating is worth getting as a combo after TA/RW as it knocks u back from being rooted and u can shotgun right away to push u bk even more to gain distance without any stamina cost.

Pve - As you razor wind and mobs are closing in to you,you can just combo into a PW and shotgun to create distance.

Pvp- snipe or lure opponents thinking u r rooted and bam surprise shotgun(s)

Edited by Emlya

Posted

IMO penetrating is worth getting as a combo after TA/RW as it knocks u back from being rooted and u can shotgun right away to push u bk even more to gain distance without any stamina cost.

Pve - As you razor wind and mobs are closing in to you,you can just combo into a PW and shotgun to create distance.

Pvp- snipe or lure opponents thinking u r rooted and bam surprise shotgun(s)

Oh? That interesting. So basically you are saying that it is possible to use PW as a "cleanse" from being rooted by taking advantage of the recoil? I'll test it out tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up! 

Posted

this shit made me lol so hard GL pvp'ing you fools

Posted

Thanks for posting!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for posting!

No problem!

any for everyone else waiting on the xtals section of the post, I'll be working on that!

Posted

I thought this was some lore shit, read it as like a reference to the "ultimate ranger" lol

Posted (edited)

this shit made me lol so hard GL pvp'ing you fools

Why so rude? Whats with constructive criticism? Now iam very unsure if this Build is good or bad.. :( 

But i like the Guide :) 

Edited by Dotretniw
1 person likes this