• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

99 posts in this topic

Posted

Verry good guide, that's help me a lot ! Thank you so much !

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys! I've finally added crystals to the guide! Please let me know if there are crystals I missed or that you think is worth using!  

Also, has anyone been able to PRI a Manos necklace? How is it?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I recently got Bheg's gloves after having a full Ult Grunil setup, and the popular 700HP Heve/Grunil hybrid.  In regards to the Armor section I kind of feel the opposite version of Heve/Grunil is more future proof, or going 4PC Heve is even viable.Of course this depends on whether you get Bheg's Gloves first, or another boss piece.  But usually everyone shoots for Bheg's first.

Grunil Helm and Gloves, and Heve Chest and Boots.  You trade 150hp for 5AP, however when your set bonus breaks from getting Bheg's gloves, you will only need to replace Grunil Helm with a Heve Helm to get 3PC Heve set.  

With the armor flowchart setup you have to replace Grunil Chest and Boots to get 3PC Heve, as having only 2PC Grunil is inferior to 2 and 3PC Heve. 

Also, now with the 5% HP awakening for WOTW  going away tomorrow, having a super big health pool won't be as important for our damage.  I don't really know how much difference it makes on the other skills that still will have HP Damage.

Edited by d3krepit
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I recently got Bheg's gloves after having a full Ult Grunil setup, and the popular 700HP Heve/Grunil hybrid.  In regards to the Armor section I kind of feel the opposite version of Heve/Grunil is more future proof, or going 4PC Heve is even viable.Of course this depends on whether you get Bheg's Gloves first, or another boss piece.  But usually everyone shoots for Bheg's first.

Grunil Helm and Gloves, and Heve Chest and Boots.  You trade 150hp for 5AP, however when your set bonus breaks from getting Bheg's gloves, you will only need to replace Grunil Helm with a Heve Helm to get 3PC Heve set.  

With the armor flowchart setup you have to replace Grunil Chest and Boots to get 3PC Heve, as having only 2PC Grunil is inferior to 2 and 3PC Heve. 

Also, now with the 5% HP awakening for WOTW  going away tomorrow, having a super big health pool won't be as important for our damage.  I don't really know how much difference it makes on the other skills that still will have HP Damage.

Thanks for the insight! 

Thoughts:

• HP has less value now (doesn't scale with one of our main damage skill anymore)
    • We still use ESS and BG, but not for damage
    • Technically as a squishy DPS, HP isn't *that* much of a priority. 150HP will easily be blown away if we are CCed
      • I still think Heve is a good alternative to use while you get more Boss gear
    • The "devalue" of HP also opens up a new option to use Rocaba. Not for the evasion but for the +MP
  • With the other hybrid grunil combo, we get 5AP and 150HP rather than simply 400HP. 
    • 250HP vs 5AP
  • Like you said, the helmet and gloves transition better into a full heve set. I AGREE!
  • (I noticed I had a HUGE hp typo. Fixed it now!)

So in conclusion, I think as of the change, you are absolutely correct. The other hybrid combo is better now. ESS will still be used as one of our highest damaging skills, but I think the overall improvement of 5AP outweighs the benefit of HP.

In the test by @junkage (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64003-results-of-grunil-vs-heve-in-pve/&page=1), the "reverse hybrid" DID have a better DPS in PvE compared to the current 'standard'. Although Grunil gives more DPS (not counting scalings), the Heve combo transitions much better with Boss armor.

I will revise the armor section tomorrow after I confirm some skills post-patch.

Edited by DSdavidDS

Posted

Thanks for the insight! 

Thoughts:

• HP has less value now (doesn't scale with one of our main damage skill anymore)
    • We still use ESS and BG, but not for damage
    • Technically as a squishy DPS, HP isn't *that* much of a priority. 150HP will easily be blown away if we are CCed
      • I still think Heve is a good alternative to use while you get more Boss gear
    • The "devalue" of HP also opens up a new option to use Rocaba. Not for the evasion but for the +MP
  • With the other hybrid grunil combo, we get 5AP and 150HP rather than simply 400HP. 
    • 250HP vs 5AP
  • Like you said, the helmet and gloves transition better into a full heve set. I AGREE!
  • (I noticed I had a HUGE hp typo. Fixed it now!)

So in conclusion, I think as of the change, you are absolutely correct. The other hybrid combo is better now. ESS will still be used as one of our highest damaging skills, but I think the overall improvement of 5AP outweighs the benefit of HP.

In the test by @junkage (http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/64003-results-of-grunil-vs-heve-in-pve/&page=1), the "reverse hybrid" DID have a better DPS in PvE compared to the current 'standard'. Although Grunil gives more DPS (not counting scalings), the Heve combo transitions much better with Boss armor.

I will revise the armor section tomorrow after I confirm some skills post-patch.

Isn't the HP still a typo?  It should be 400HP for Heve/Grunil hybrid, 150HP from Grunil and 250HP from Heve.

Also, Grunil Chest/Boots is the 150HP set bonus.  

With the reverse hybrid you get 250HP and 5AP. 

Full Grunil is 150HP and 7AP, but once you replace the Helm or Gloves you lose all of the AP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Isn't the HP still a typo?  It should be 400HP for Heve/Grunil hybrid, 150HP from Grunil and 250HP from Heve.

Also, Grunil Chest/Boots is the 150HP set bonus.  

With the reverse hybrid you get 250HP and 5AP. 

Full Grunil is 150HP and 7AP, but once you replace the Helm or Gloves you lose all of the AP.

Derp. Thanks, I fixed it!

Posted

Derp. Thanks, I fixed it!

To expedite, check your messages :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello everyone! I have updated the Armor, Accessory, and Crystals section of the guide! Please let me know what you think! (Especially my Armor recommendation)

Posted

well done guide overall for people gearing up their ranger.   great work :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry about the formatting issue everyone! All the updates I am making to the guide seems to be highlighted black! I will be back with a solution very soon.

Posted

Thanks for the guide David, much appreciate the good work.

I'd just like the point out for the head slot crystals, Evasion crystals are also a good consideration (something I run myself). Since the nerf to WotW, I would think that the 100 extra hp doesn't really add too much to your overall damage output. The Black Spirit Crystal - Agility adds both 5% KD resist and 2 evasion, both of which are great stats to increase a rangers survivability by mitigating some deadly CCs. 

Posted

Sorry about the formatting issue everyone! All the updates I am making to the guide seems to be highlighted black! I will be back with a solution very soon.

If you copy paste from a website with a black backdrop that frequently happens :( Also happens if you copy paste from open spoilers within the edit box here on the forums. 

I'd just like the point out for the head slot crystals, Evasion crystals are also a good consideration (something I run myself). Since the nerf to WotW, I would think that the 100 extra hp doesn't really add too much to your overall damage output. The Black Spirit Crystal - Agility adds both 5% KD resist and 2 evasion, both of which are great stats to increase a rangers survivability by mitigating some deadly CCs. 

Also, I think the +5 Evasion crystal will most likely help you out more than the +2 Evasion/+5% KD Resist gem will. I say this because you can easily cap out on KD resist with 2 RBF Adamantine gems, or 2 normal Adamantine gems.

Posted

If you copy paste from a website with a black backdrop that frequently happens :( Also happens if you copy paste from open spoilers within the edit box here on the forums. 

Yep. I think its gone to a point where remaking the guide in gdocs will be easier to maintain.

I know evasion is a popular crystal for many other classes. Since HP isn't as important anymore for rangers (it still is but not AS much), I will go ahead and add the agility xtals to the list. You will see the changes reflected with the next revision of the guide :)

I probably won't mention any of the xtals that give 2 or less evasion since evasion is meant to be stacked in order to be effective. I would like to personally test this but I can't really afford an Evasion Ranger build

Posted (edited)

07/28/16 - Due to forum’s buggy formatting, I switched the guide to a master google document. The forums will now reflect the content of the gdocs. Made a few changes to sections necessary.

07/31/16 - Moved Flow: Pinpointing Gust II as an optional skill. Removed redundant words and grammatical errors. Finished migrating the guide to Google docs. The gdocs will serve as the master copy. No more spoilers or item links though :( New nicely formatted table of contents and outline!

Let me know what you guys think! Next on the list are foods and elixirs!

Edited by DSdavidDS

Posted

Most excellent!  Thank you for your time and effort in putting all of this information together!

+100

Posted (edited)

SP: Charging Wind

• Ranger’s bread and butter close range skill

• Direct upgrade from Ultimate Charging Wind

• Useful in both PvP and PvE

• Extra damage on knocked down targets

• New awakenings DO NOT apply on SP or Ultimate! <--------------- what does it mean ??? new awakenings are not release ...

Edited by Mitoman

Posted

• Ranger’s bread and butter close range skill

• Direct upgrade from Ultimate Charging Wind

• Useful in both PvP and PvE

• Extra damage on knocked down targets

• New awakenings DO NOT apply on SP or Ultimate! <--------------- what does it mean ??? new awakenings are not release ...

New awakenings as in skill add-on's. Previously Ultimate: Charging Wind could proc the awakening, since the changes it can't do it anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice Guide! = ] 

Posted

No more spoilers or item links though :(

Shouldn't it be possible to make item links i gdocs?

Else the Accessories section will need item names in it now :)

Still best Ranger guide!

1 person likes this

Posted

• Charging Wind add-on does NOT apply on SP or Ultimate!

I've changed the text for consistency. Thank you!

Shouldn't it be possible to make item links i gdocs?

Else the Accessories section will need item names in it now :)

Still best Ranger guide!

It IS possible to make the item links in gdocs. I will do that if I ever get the time. 

As for the accessories, I am reworking the section right now. 

And thank you!

Posted

I've changed the text for consistency. Thank you!

It IS possible to make the item links in gdocs. I will do that if I ever get the time. 

As for the accessories, I am reworking the section right now. 

And thank you!

ARE YOU SURE CHARGING WIND ADD ON DOES NOT APPLY ON SP OR ULT ?????????

Posted

Gloves

• DPS | Ancient Magic Crystal - Viper |  Attack Speed +1 & Critical Rate +1 | 60,000

This Description isn't correct : The A.M.C - Viper add both Attack Speed & Casting Speed +1.

Posted

ARE YOU SURE CHARGING WIND ADD ON DOES NOT APPLY ON SP OR ULT ?????????

because of your information i don t test charging wind skill adds on on sp or ultimate, look my choice for pvp ?

skills adds on ranger 57 pvp.jpg

Posted

What's the best single-target rotation? (for elites, etc)

Posted (edited)

This Description isn't correct : The A.M.C - Viper add both Attack Speed & Casting Speed +1.

Thank you! Fixed it in the master copy!

because of your information i don t test charging wind skill adds on on sp or ultimate, look my choice for pvp ?

-snip-

i've tested SP myself (cost a memory fragment) and it only works on the weak charged version. Not worth it.

As for your build, WotW is fine. I personally got attack speed on it but evasion is another good alternative.

EES, I am guessing you want it to be an defensive/dodging skill? Considering it has an iframe an a short stagger/stun, I'd say it synergies well reduction and evasion

BG. PvP attack is great (since BG is one of the best PvP skills we have). Accuracy is also great for more damage. I opted to get the DoT. The damage actually adds up quite nicely during small 1v1 fights. 

edit because quoting broke:

@HuggyBear WotW the mobs you are trying to kill for the evasion debuff. Then spam shotgun (if you want to save mana) or spam WotW (If you don't care about manapots)

Edited by DSdavidDS
1 person likes this