• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

99 posts in this topic

Posted

You should add that rosar is a viable offhand in some situations.

Posted

You should add that rosar is a viable offhand in some situations.

Currently, I believe the only situation Rosar "truly" viable is when you can hold 230AP where damage starts to fall off past that. You need Full TET Boss and TRI Yellow Accessories for this (something a tiny population of players will achieve). 

If you want to use Rosar as decent alternative, you should still have at least 200AP (TRI Boss and DUO Blue Accessories).

I need more opinions before finalizing this opinion and adding it to the guide. Let me know if you have good results with it!

Posted

Currently, I believe the only situation Rosar "truly" viable is when you can hold 230AP where damage starts to fall off past that. You need Full TET Boss and TRI Yellow Accessories for this (something a tiny population of players will achieve). 

If you want to use Rosar as decent alternative, you should still have at least 200AP (TRI Boss and DUO Blue Accessories).

I need more opinions before finalizing this opinion and adding it to the guide. Let me know if you have good results with it!

i heard ppl say evasion and damage reduction are the same as dp so for the skill add ons that says all defense + x amount, does that give evasion? if thats the case why would some add ons just give evasion by few percentage or is this just like different tiers and in this case the all defense is just better and only in couple skills. also ur guide is missing add ons for the raining arrows.

Posted

i heard ppl say evasion and damage reduction are the same as dp so for the skill add ons that says all defense + x amount, does that give evasion? if thats the case why would some add ons just give evasion by few percentage or is this just like different tiers and in this case the all defense is just better and only in couple skills. also ur guide is missing add ons for the raining arrows.

I'm not sure about the DP tier theory. At this point, I accept that DP is a sum of evasion or damage reduction. Armors give both, Krea/Rosar dagger and DP accessories gives pure evasion

I can confirm that DP from normal attacks with sword is flat damage reduction which leads me to believe that DP from addons are also damage reduction.

Addons for Descending Current do not exist.

Posted

I'm not sure about the DP tier theory. At this point, I accept that DP is a sum of evasion or damage reduction. Armors give both, Krea/Rosar dagger and DP accessories gives pure evasion

I can confirm that DP from normal attacks with sword is flat damage reduction which leads me to believe that DP from addons are also damage reduction.

Addons for Descending Current do not exist.

i dont have any proof just using common senses here. i highly doubt that all armor and dp accessories give evasion. just like accuracy, it has to be say in the item description otherwise it wouldnt make any senses at all to have those only labeled in rosar/rocabo/tree belt/red coral/etc.

Posted

Thank you very much for this guide and reference. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Lots and lots of updates within the past two months!

12/12/16 - Totally forgot to give Rosar weapon/offhand some love! Mentioning both now. Also forgot about offhands xtals that give resistance ignore. Fixed a lot of issues within the crystals section and made them look much nicer! One gem-slot gear is now deprecated, meaning I no longer recommended them. This includes Zereth and Yuria. Small exception to the +5 Agerian you get during quests and offhand. Ran spellcheck

12/14/16 - Rosar Dagger is not considered an alternative to Nouver anymore

12/15/16 - Removed Ring and Earring of Sealed Magical Power. I don’t think the quest is worth your time anymore.

12/20/16 - Updated the Foods and Elixirs to look nicer with updated information

12/18/16 - Nouver is finally here! Currently needing some feedback on Rosar/Kutum on Rangers. If you use it, please let me know!

01/01/17 - Small change to awakening addon suggestions

01/03/17 - Combat Promotion Exp quest added for new ranger quest recommendations. Changed the layout of weapon suggestions. Still needs some work for organization but main change is that the choice of green/blue weapon is up to the player. I won't recommend green > blue anymore (at least in the guide). You decide which is most time/cost efficient!

01/07/17 - Added Alchemy Stone of Destruction as a recommendation. Linked a full list of crystals. Reorganized the New Ranger section with more recommended quests and a comparison of green vs blue gear.

01/11/17 - Added Kaidict’s Crystal (from attendance event formerly known as Caphras). Made note of the new Awakened Boss Shards in the New Rangers section. Reorganized priority armors; same armor sets but different format.

01/31/17 - Added Margoria Special. Reorganized daggers into two categories: Offensive and Defensive. Thank you to the awesome people on the BDO Ranger Discord for feedback on Rosar, Kutum, and Nouver. Improved description for weapons. Added accessory progression due to popular demand.

The latest change involves separating offhands into two sections (defensive is considered lategame/BiS after 230AP+):

unknown.pngunknown.png

As well as an accessory guide due to popular demand (these are not cookie cutter, there are other options out there):

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

A special thank you to all the people who send me kind PMs and messages for the guide, it really brightens up my day!

Also many thanks to the rich discussions on the ranger discord.

Posted

Idk if this has been posted before, but could you add Kaia rental to the guide?

Posted

A bit of a noob...

Are the builds linked in the guide still viable?

Posted

Idk if this has been posted before, but could you add Kaia rental to the guide?

I've seen it before but I don't have it on my guide for a few reasons:

1. You can get to level 50 with the +7 bares you get free
  2. a +13 krea provides better stats and is easily obtainable
  3. CP cost is rather high and should be used on grinding nodes or potatoes

A bit of a noob...

Are the builds linked in the guide still viable?

Yes. The build is very much viable. 

02/15/2017 Patch Changes Thoughts

Nothing really big for rangers. While most of the other classes got damage directly buffed, ranger's for slight mana cost buffs. They seem to be more QoL buffs for new rangers but is a slight overall buff for us since BG and WotW and be spammed longer now. 

With the addition of Dagger of Sealed Magical Power and Roaring Magical Armor, I've changed the armor and dagger recommendations!

I'll be updating the miniguide for the black spirit quests after I get more info (if I see a need for it)

AjhATK4.png3KHc7yV.png

Changelog:

02/01/17 - Added accessory progression due to popular demand. Improved stat descriptions in the Role section

02/12/17 - Added TheLazyPeon’s beginner guide (video) in the new rangers section

02/15/17 - Added new black spirit rewards (offhand and armor). Deprecated bronze dagger. 3-piece Heve + Roaring Magical Armor has been added as a priority setup. New quests will be updated in the “New Ranger” section once they are available on bddatabase.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes. The build is very much viable. 

Thanks!

Posted

How come you don't spec razor wind?

Posted

How come you don't spec razor wind?

The damage is fair but it is still on the lower-end compared to the other skills that you have since it leaves you immobile. The immobility and range also makes it useless in PvP.

Posted

The damage is fair but it is still on the lower-end compared to the other skills that you have since it leaves you immobile. The immobility and range also makes it useless in PvP.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. How about spirit healing?

Posted

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. How about spirit healing?

Optional Skills

These skills are viable as long as you are not scavenging for points. You can live without these skills but they might make your life easier.

HgGzGor.png

Posted

Hello, I follow your guide since the beginning and it helps me a lot! 
But now, I wondering about what addons picks on my spells and some are not updated.
So, I would have liked know what addons use on my rangers (for PvE) please.
I am sorry if my English is not perfect :)

Posted

Hello, I follow your guide since the beginning and it helps me a lot! 
But now, I wondering about what addons picks on my spells and some are not updated.
So, I would have liked know what addons use on my rangers (for PvE) please.
I am sorry if my English is not perfect :)

Thanks for following my guide for such a long time! ^.^

You say some of my addons are not updated? Everything in the Add-Ons section is still relevant. If anything is missing, outdated, or wrong, please let me know.

All of the bolded add-ons are what I recommend. I've marked the PvE specific addons with [pve]

• Evasive Explosion Shot: +AP against monsters is great.
  • Waltz of Wind: MP recovery per hit is a must while grinding
  • any form of +defense or +evasion will save you potions in the long run

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello i have a question,
in your Post-Awakening Build (level 59)
Why do you not take Kamasylven Sword training and/or Spirit Healing in the skilltree? Do you rely only on Manapots to regen mana?
also no Flow: Rooting for the grab ? Is that skill bad?

Nice guide btw too bad i didnt found it earlier because now i already have a yuria bow

Posted (edited)

Hello i have a question,
Why do you not take Kamasylven Sword training and/or Spirit Healing in the skilltree? Do you rely only on Manapots to regen mana?

Nice guide btw too bad i didnt found it earlier because now i already have a yuria bow

Optional Skills

These skills are viable as long as you are not scavenging for points. You can live without these skills but they might make your life easier.

HgGzGor.png

He adressed Spirit Healing here but as of Kamasylven sword training I dont know. 

Edited by Maazias

Posted

Hello i have a question,

Great questions:

• Spirit Healing only increases mana regen on normal bow attacks. Unless you are running out of mana on ranger boss alts, it is not a great use of points and certainly not a "core skill" worthy of adding to the build
  • Sword Training is not a bad skill to take to restore mana in PvE since it also provides iframes during PvE. Again, it isn't really a core skill since you won't be using this skill outside of PvE. 
  • Flow: Rooting increase damage on spirit shackles so I take the skill. However, the damage difference is very small. As for using the flow itself, "Some claim the gap closing helps their combos, others claim it ruins their positioning. Ultimately comes down to preference". I personally keep it locked so it doesn't ruin my positioning.

Glad you enjoyed the guide. As for that yuria, if it is only +15, it isn't too late to extract it and make a Krea/Rosar!

Posted (edited)

Nice guide but due to the lack of buzzword definitions it is difficult to understand by the assumed intended audience i.e. Beginners.

i was flummoxed by such terms as BG and Bis and others. I have to guess that ap means attack or accuracy points, I could list about 80 others. Google is particularly unhelpful when looking up what BG was I was presented with a mile high mountain of information on battle grounds. It does at least have the effect of causing me to re-read the guide over and over again during which I'm not playing and making critical wrong guesses that have lasting consequences.

Do you remember the cup scene in Indiana Jones search for the holy grail where the Nazi stooge drank from the wrong cup and died of old age and crumbled to dust in five seconds because he chose poorly? That guy's experience is the story of my life. I am 100% guaranteed to make the worst guess possible!

Edited by garryfre
the entire text of my comment was put in twice in the same reply! Wth?!?
2 people like this

Posted

Nice guide but due to the lack of buzzword definitions it is difficult to understand by the assumed intended audience i.e. Beginners.

i was flummoxed by such terms as BG and Bis and others. I have to guess that ap means attack or accuracy points, I could list about 80 others. Google is particularly unhelpful when looking up what BG was I was presented with a mile high mountain of information on battle grounds. It does at least have the effect of causing me to re-read the guide over and over again during which I'm not playing and making critical wrong guesses that have lasting consequences.

Do you remember the cup scene in Indiana Jones search for the holy grail where the Nazi stooge drank from the wrong cup and died of old age and crumbled to dust in five seconds because he chose poorly? That guy's experience is the story of my life. I am 100% guaranteed to make the worst guess possible!

BG is blasting gust, BiS is Best in Slot. It does take a bit of time looking at the skill tree doublechecking lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I put the abbreviations of each skill on my run down of skills. I do agree with you that it is difficult to understand some of the skills early on in the guide. Terms like BiS, however, is used rather commonly in most mmorpgs so I didn't find it necessary to define it. 

If you ever have trouble making decisions, feel free to ask in in discord! We can pick the right grail for you.

Posted

Great! Just because of this guid, it's worth the class to play. So many suggestions, I have found to yet no other class.:D

1 person likes this