• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Actual Solution to the corrupt file problem from June 22nd

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know there is another thread titled this, but deleting version.dat and repatching (or even fully reinstalling the game) didn't fix the issue for me, or for many others.  Through a thread on Reddit, I've managed to actually fix my client so I can play.  I was erroring out with the corrupt file error message immediately upon entering the game.  Here's the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4pcrg5/fix_for_corrupted_file_on_game_load/

And here's the fix.  I'm sorry in advanced that you won't like it.

1) When you crash, go to your Black Desert folder and go to the Logs folder.  Find and open the most recent Client log (i.e. Client_XXXXXXXXXX.log with the most recent timestamp)

2) Search for "PAD" near the bottom.  You will find a line that reads something like this (this is mine: "Error!=>패키지 압축해제시 오류 발생했습니다: e:/blackdesert/Paz/PAD00118.PAZ"

So, there you have the corrupt file.  For me it was PAD00118.PAZ. Here's the part you won't like:

3) There seems to be NOTHING you can do to get it to download a working version of that file.  I have no idea why, but no amount of patching, re-patching or reinstalling fixed it.  So, the actual fix?  Find someone to send you a working version.  I had a guildmate send me it and it works.  Just delete the corrupted file in the Paz folder and replace it with the working version your friend sends you.

I think it's worth noting that I'm really disappointed in not receiving any kind of messages or help from the developers on this issue.  Not a word, from what I've seen.  Just players scrambling to try to figure it out and solve it.  I don't find that acceptable, guys.  I really don't.

Edited by Bradack
11 people like this

Posted

I did the same earlier today to get it working but also note the following:

I had top add the latest version.dat to the BDO root directory , this bypassed the need for file check/update although i then had to change region in launcher from Europe to US.

Due to bypassing the update you need to make sure you get ALL the .PAZ files you are missing from the update where it failed so get guildie to send you all .PAZ files based on timestamp.

I believe the issue is caused by corrupt update file being cached and could/should be eliminated if we were allowed to also maunally download and patch update from multiple sources as this workaround is painful but hey it worked anyways and I can play with guildies again.

Elah

Posted

thank you Bradack and reddit users this made it work perfectly 

Posted

This finally worked for me. It seems to be a different paz file for different people. Mine was 01201

Posted

This finally worked for me. It seems to be a different paz file for different people. Mine was 01201

Yeah.  I also crashed again on another file, so I'm going to have to keep having guildmates send me uncorrupted PAZ files until we get them all.  What a pain in the ass.

Posted

I've tried other remedies on here and have tried having someone sending me an uncorrupted PAZ file of my problem one PAD02089.PAZ and have yet to succeed.

Posted

I've tried other remedies on here and have tried having someone sending me an uncorrupted PAZ file of my problem one PAD02089.PAZ and have yet to succeed.

After I fixed the first corrupted file, I crashed again and had another file that was corrupted.  Have you checked that you aren't getting a new error message now?

Posted

After I fixed the first corrupted file, I crashed again and had another file that was corrupted.  Have you checked that you aren't getting a new error message now?

hi there ,do u mind to dropbox me PAD00071.PAZ and pad01867.paz plz ,been stuck 6-7 hour already

Posted

I get the same number each time. I can log in to 2 of my characters but not the third. That one crashes on the load screen.

Posted

Can someone give me PAD01867.PAZ as well please..

Posted

Can someone give me PAD01867.PAZ as well please..

this is so b/s ,there is no way u can fix it urself ,u have to ask others to send u the files,so frustrating

Posted

Thanks Bradack!!

I got mine working! :D

Posted

Bradack can you give me PAD02089.PAZ since you seem to have the magic files. Thanks much.

Posted

Same as slayer, I can't seem to get this fixed, its PAD02089.PAZ

Posted

PAD03767.PAZ did it for me. Thanks for this thread.

Posted

I got files link from here and It's worked for me. Thanks

Posted

Bradack can you give me PAD02089.PAZ since you seem to have the magic files. Thanks much.

Sorry, was busy doing nodewars, and now I had another issue so I'm reinstalling.  Hopefully my game works alright after.  I can get you tomorrow if no one does beforehand. 

Posted

after many times file is corrupted, i start to see a clear pattern, this problem happen always when i start to switch channel , last week i stayed on BalJ2 for a week, no problem at all, today, i just started to switch channel for boss and find a good spot at pirate island, and BAM , "file is corrupted", i think the problem, at least for me, is related to switching channel.

Posted

That sounds a bit like my issue as well @Kybal, when we stayed on one channel all the time, no issues, now that we have been switching channels for the node wars, I get the corrupted file error (4 times in 3 days).  sounds to me like some variable data is getting crossed during the channel shift and needs to be either updated or initialized upon load into the channel.  just my thoughts.

Posted (edited)

I reinstalled and now I have a bunch of corrupt files again.  I can't keep bothering my friends to send me working files - that's ridiculous. Can a GM at least acknowledge that you're aware of this problem and working on a fix?  

@GM_Huego

Edited by Bradack

Posted (edited)

PAD03767.PAZ did it for me. Thanks for this thread.

same file. new o/s, new pc, new ram (& old ram tried), new hard drive Tried 2 different ssd's, Same file & error each time tonight.
After letting it do its file corupt let me take 20mins of your life away from you x3, i got a good version of the file from a player in game & suprise Suprise. A CORRUPTED FILE HAS BEEN FOUND...... Same File, even tho its a good working version.

Edited by prymortal
1 person likes this

Posted

If anyone is able and willing, would you mind posting PAD02089.PAZ? This is ridiculous...

Posted

Getting this issue now after not logging in for a while.   I guess I'll try this fix.

It's beyond ridiculous that a GM hasn't responded to this issue and they sticky a thread pointing the source to be the users and not corrupted files on Daum's end.  @GM_Huego