• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Time to let go.

127 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The game has burned a lot of players since the release with either faulty or buggy patches, lack of customer support, a poor quality of service, and issues with communicating Daum’s and Pearl Abyss’ plans or intent with the game to their community. They constantly refuse to even try to cater to a western market in the slightest, and allow a Korean mindset to dominate over the game that is heavily myriad in randomness, wonky one shot mechanics, and a loot system that would make Las Vegas (gambling) jealous.

Realize that Daum and Pearl Abyss are the used car salesman, and stop spending money on a failing project. Show Daum and Pearl Abyss that their behavior and customer service is garbage, and do so with your wallets. Learn to let go of bad investments.

This is the west, and while we might not all agree on wants or desires in games, this goofy shit isn't even close to what would be considered a market in NA or EU. I truly hope the game turns itself around with Valencia, fixes all the little issues and bugs that have persisted for months, and that feed back (not a vocal minority yelling) is taken seriously allowing for quality of life changes to happen.

Daum is simply not going to bat for us or is allowing Pearl Abyss to steer an Asian market in a Western one. I for one won't be spending a single cent more on this game until some hard changes are made. I invite others to do the same and just let go of this bad relationship.

Edited by Artigan
grammar
45 people like this

Posted

And another player that is butthurt because of RNGesus...

I agree on this though:

The game has burned a lot of players since the release with either faulty or buggy patches, lack of customer support, a poor quality of service, and issues with communicating Daum’s and Pearl Abyss’ plans or intent with the game to their community.

Communication between Daum and the community is horrible.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree with everything you said.

They need to step up their game if they want to keep ppl playing. I think they are listening to wrong players on these forums, these little kids who are crying about content / new classes all day long, and then they try to release everything too fast and it all goes to shit.

I really do hope that they dont release valencia next week, there is lots of stuff to be fixed before that, last thing we need is more buggy content.

Customer service is one of the worst i saw in any game, they just dont give a fck and close your ticket without really answering your question.. All they do is copy paste like bunch of useless retards.

Game is great, best mmo in past few years, but Daum needs to calm down a bit and stop trying to play catch up with korea as it will end badly like we saw almost every single patch so far.

Edit: and another problem is not only communication between Daum and players, but between Daum and Pearl Abyss... PA releases patch that Daum dont even know it existed, and it fcks up our whole gameplay experience.

Edited by Salabajzer
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What do you mean by a Korean mindset? Also, what changes would you make to cater (or is it pander?) to a Western audience?

The game does have issues and there are bugs that need fixing. We should keep passing that communication through Daum so that the developers can fix these issues and provide us with more reliable patches. The communication needs to be concise and constructive though, there's too much of it that is just whining about stuff that really is not an issue and outright blatant demands.

With regards to your comments about wonky one shot mechanics and loot system, I think you're talking exclusively about the field bosses and I absolutely agree on this point. Incidentally, these are not in the Korean version, Daum kept them in this version following pressure from the Western community.

Edited by legendary_item
1 person likes this

Posted

Daum is a korean company, PA is a korean company, just because they have EU at the end of it doesn't mean that is a different company, they are the same.

Posted

Lol

Posted

i gave up already.

I  have lost my interest in the game.  hardly ever log in anymore.    my boyfriend already uninstalled BD.   i hope that maybe  in 4 month or so the game will be better so will keep checking now and then.

2 people like this

Posted

Even with all the negative events that have happened, I'm happy.

We just need to keep communicating with Daum as much as possible and hope they will listen.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Daum is a korean company, PA is a korean company, just because they have EU at the end of it doesn't mean that is a different company, they are the same.

Which is an underlying issue of trying to cater to an audience they possibly doesn't understand; of which I only have their implementations and actions to go by, and of which strike me as an eastern gaming mind set: skinner boxes, extending game play through complete randomness, and an utter lack of proper communication.

Edited by Artigan
1 person likes this

Posted

You guys didnt build enough failstacks or something :D? Whats wrong with RNG anyway? Its about making the grind bearable with rare stuff dropping once and awhile. 

Only thing i wish for is that the combat was based on player skill rather then equips. Other then that i enjoy it! 

Thank god "rush for max lvl and wait on new content"-bore is gone. 

Posted (edited)

What do you mean by a Korean mindset? Also, what changes would you make to cater (or is it pander?) to a Western audience?

The game does have issues and there are bugs that need fixing. We should keep passing that communication through Daum so that the developers can fix these issues and provide us with more reliable patches. The communication needs to be concise and constructive though, there's too much of it that is just whining about stuff that really is not an issue and outright blatant demands.

With regards to your comments about wonky one shot mechanics and loot system, I think you're talking exclusively about the field bosses and I absolutely agree on this point. Incidentally, these are not in the Korean version, Daum kept them in this version following pressure from the Western community.

Pearl Abyss' ideology on gaming, their mindset, or work ethic.

I don't presume or known what is best for this game, and time will tell if players really do enjoy the mechanics of BDO, but I don't think (in the 20 years of gaming) that extending game life through randomness has ever been a shining corner stone of game play, and exploits the Skinner theory. I do know players are unhappy with the quality of service, the amount of time invested to only have it seemingly ripped away through mechanics that literally destroy time and effort, and the utter frustration with the lack of communication, constant delays, and even faulty software.

I have suggestions, but those are entirely subjective and not the point of the thread.

You guys didnt build enough failstacks or something :D? Whats wrong with RNG anyway? Its about making the grind bearable with rare stuff dropping once and awhile. 

Only thing i wish for is that the combat was based on player skill rather then equips. Other then that i enjoy it! 

Thank god "rush for max lvl and wait on new content"-bore is gone. 

If that is what you took away from my thoughts I can't help you man. Have a good one.

Edited by Artigan
grammar
2 people like this

Posted

Pearl Abyss' ideology on gaming, their mindset, or work ethic.

I don't presume or known what is best for this game, and time will tell if players really do enjoy the mechanics of BDO, but I don't think (in the 20 years of gaming) that extending game life through randomness has ever been a shining corner stone of game play, and exploits the skinner theory. I do know players are unhappy with the quality of service, the amount of time invested to only have it seemingly ripped away through mechanics that literally destroy time and effort, and the utter frustration with the lack of communication, constant delays, and even faulty software.

I have suggestions, but those are entirely subjective and not the point of the thread.

If that is what you took away from my thoughts I can't help you man. Have a good one.

well you did mention "constantly refuse tog even try to cater to western market" didnt you? :D

Whats more western mmo behavior then hate on luck based stuff and stress stress stress to max level and then puke all over that there is nothing to do? Think I hit the bullseye twice there.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

The game has burned a lot of players since the release with either faulty or buggy patches, lack of customer support, a poor quality of service, and issues with communicating Daum’s and Pearl Abyss’ plans or intent with the game to their community. They constantly refuse to even try to cater to a western market in the slightest, and allow a Korean mindset to dominate over the game that is heavily myriad in randomness, wonky one shot mechanics, and a loot system that would make Las Vegas (gambling) jealous.

Realize that Daum and Pearl Abyss are the used car salesman, and stop spending money on a failing project. Show Daum and Pearl Abyss that their behavior and customer service is garbage, and do so with your wallets. Learn to let go of bad investments.

This is the west, and while we might not all agree on wants or desires in games, this goofy shit isn't even close to what would be considered a market in NA or EU. I truly hope the game turns itself around with Valencia, fixes all the little issues and bugs that have persisted for months, and that feed back (not a vocal minority yelling) is taken seriously allowing for quality of life changes to happen.

Daum is simply not going to bat for us or is allowing Pearl Abyss to steer an Asian market in a Western one. I for one won't be spending a single cent more on this game until some hard changes are made. I invite others to do the same and just let go of this bad relationship.

First of all, I will agree with you that the communication is lacking. There could be more frequent updates on what's going on or quicker replies to existing problems.
Maybe this is also the reason for the buggy patches, who knows. I believe their performance on those 2 topics will improve once we have caught up content-wise.

But except for the support - which I haven't needed yet and therefor am unqualified to comment on - I have to disagree with the rest.

People who play korean MMOs usually do so for a reason. The western market of handout MMOs doesn't satisfy people who want to play a game for years.
And I really mean play for years, not just logging in every day for 2 hours to do your same old instance , just to log off afterwards because you have nothing to do.
This is a niche game for the western market, it's not for everybody. Those who want it easy should stick to WoW or similar games. But all those soft and weak people who think it's too hard and want to "westernize" it (by making everything easier and erasing the chance to actually fail at something) are actually just ruining it.

Many people, including me, specifically play this game because it's a korean game. The korean way of game design is unique and fascinating for us. If I had the choice, I would play on an unaltered korean version (korean servers are not an option though). But I knew from the start we would never get that, which was still fine for me. 

But this recent outcry trying turn this game many people love for its design, mechanics and nature into the same MMO mush we had for years - where everything is nice, easy and fluffy, it takes longer than 2-3 months to obtain full equip, etc. - just baffles me.
Have you ever thought about maybe not being the target audience of such a game?
About maybe sticking to your western MMOs and leaving the rest of people who enjoy this kind of game alone?

Seriously, if anything can still ruin this game, it's people like you.

Edited by Ayrel
9 people like this

Posted

free epics for everyone! 

seriously it might not be what you want but i have played almost every major korean title to come to the west and enjoyed the majority a lot.

i dunno what you do with your time in BDO but ill say it again, they are better focusing time on PvP and the quicker people learn there is no PvE endgame content in this game the better.

there's many systems that were put off or removed from way back that encouraged more pvp but as people do they complain about it until they remove said systems.

i recognise some of these faces from the "lets destroy open world pvp" crowd who say they barely login anymore even after they managed to push a change for no XP loss on pvp death in the open world.  gg?

Posted

Less pre patch informations and answers = less "lies" and unintended not finished works and fixes. If devs/publishers answer and say they will do it they have a chance to miss something or fix will delay and players will be angry because company "lie" and they don't care about players. Less energy, less promises to get less fake tears and cry-kid-reactions. This is Your (our) fault.  :D

Posted

I really cant stand people who throw around baseless accusations. None here ever "pushed" for any change to xp loss, it came directly from KR. Neither it destroyed anything, if you cant PvP because your opponent suffers no penalty for it then your idea of PvP sucks and you are the type to blame for such changes in first place. But I guess its easier to blindly rage at everyone and everything than use your brain and accept criticism.

@OP I agree with everything, but it is not going to change. You either learn to love the game with its flaws and deal with them (mostly by ignoring them as much as possible), if there is something you can love left still; or you leave. But I would not hold my breath expecting my feedback would change anything.

5 people like this

Posted

This post is full of ignorance.  A player is upset with the game that costs 30 bucks and claims to know about the struggles between Daum and Pearl Abyss.  Daum didn't make this game and doesn't have the right to change it at a whim.  If they could, they would - believe it or not, Daum really does care about their customers because without us, they are out of a job.  Daum has employees that browse these forums and take notes on player suggestions / improvements, then they take those good changes and ask Pearl Abyss "Hey, our players want this, can we change your game to suit us please?".  If PA says no, we're shit out of luck.  

Daum is doing the best they can with their staff, but us players don't see all the behind-the-scene work they do to cater to the upset players.

If you don't like the game, feel free to offer constructive feedback for improvement, but don't claim that Daum doesn't have our back when they do.  Remember that they are on our side.

8 people like this

Posted

BDO is a game where the good parts are so good people are willing to put up with a lot of BS. I can't imagine any other game getting away with so much crap without instantly failing. 1 month support tickets, myriads of bugs, ridiculous cash shop prices in a B2P game. Rather have it be sub based and 1/3 of the prices.

Anyway, people keep forgiving and forgiving because the enjoyable aspects are so enjoyable. 95% of the game is "preparing to have fun" and more and more people are starting to realize how silly that is.

3 people like this

Posted

i was rescuing a child from a well when i read this post 

i learned to let go just in time

1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed the game is lackluster in many fronts, but mainly as a pvp player the biggest issue is crap pvp balance and lack of pvp content. Also the dumb pve grind required to even get into pvp gameplay is too long. Should have had made progress through doing pvp stuff possible, but im afraid its already too late as pvp playerbase left.

Posted

The Game is working as intented.

It's a fishing-horse taming-gathering-cooking simulator, why do you ask more from a game that it wasn't in the first place.

Do what everyone else is doing (AFK Horse leveling while chatting in forums) or get going !

1 person likes this

Posted

Everybody needs to give  " the big speech" nowadays.

Posted

They constantly refuse to even try to cater to a western market in the slightest

That part is total bullshit. They are modifying the game for us or because of us. Not enough maybe, but if you're just here to post over-emotional exaggerations, you should just let it go indeed. And there's a goodbye thread.

5 people like this

Posted

Another wall of text by some lone individual claiming he speaks for the masses.

When i quit a game, I quit a game. I don't post on the forums claiming that there are masses of people quitting with me.

Kids these days.

9 people like this

Posted

Another wall of text by some lone individual claiming he speaks for the masses.

When i quit a game, I quit a game. I don't post on the forums claiming that there are masses of people quitting with me.

Kids these days.

agree

those guys didnt have nuff love from their family or something