• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

life skill Gathering Energy Costs kills our economy

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello dear readers,

im a "new player" in BDO and want too share a constructive suggestion, too economics, especially too energy gathering, because i really like the game and its flaws, but the bigger "restrictions" kill my experience here and there. Actually the energy system CAN be very good for the economy, but at the moment, it restricts freedom for players and most importantly, the growth of the market.

Examples for the actual Problems:

Example 1:  We are a crafting player, we like too craft things on our own, for example we take "good feed" for pets. 1st We need some bought items from the vendor, no problem, 2nd we need 4 flour from any grain, takes a bit time, also merely a problem, workers and maybe some of the market (if there are some), 3rd 1 fish / 2 dried fish, your FREE to fishing, it wont drain energy, 4th we need 6 RED MEAT, wich is only obtained truth gathering. Now we hit the WALL, market is empty, we maybe have 100~ energy as a new player, but i really want too self fund my stuff. I gather 100 - 150 meat, depending on drop and craft it, it took a bigger effort but now? Im still not really supplied with the item i´m in demand.....

Example 2: We are a gathering player, we like too stack every item we think is important for our empire, BUT we cant do it! Even with 5 characters a 200 energy, after 2-3 hours ALL of them are as empty, as the Market place, wich brings me too the next. We want too buy stuff from the market, too stack a bit of our gathered items for later, you may be lucky and find 10 or 20 pieces, done. Even if we would grind and make money, we CANT obtain the items we are in need of, im mean raw materials, there VERY scarce in the market. Because nobody can be a REAL gatherer and this kills the economy, for what u need a market, when your in need of 500 meat, but in sum there are maybe 50 meat overall?

So now too the suggestion:

Give us the ability too gather as much as we want, with a smaller restriction, we alrdy have many of em, Bag weight, bag space, energy, resource itself(has too respawn after gathering)

The actual Craftmans market is built for the rich and progressed people, they have 250 contribution and lets say 280 energy, with a little real money, they have 9 times 280 energy. And i believe, also this energy pool wont fund their need in certain materials, wich also hurts the market, because they just keep theyre stuff, why should they sell em, when its not abundant?

The game is alrdy restricted for face too face trading, opening up gathering only helps the market too grow and the freedom for players they demand. The 35% tax already does its job, same as the trade restriction for players.

We arent Korean people, as of my gaming experience, freedom is the key too the hearts of the NA/EU players

I would suggest too only drain 1 energy, if theres a higher drop than white material, like the Hard Black crystal shard (same for other items that are higher than white, like blue potatoes), that the market cant get flooded with those items, but overall, the gameworld needs white crafting material and also a few friends of mine that really likes gathering / crafting, struggle arround too leave the game, because they litterally cant do it as long as they want.

Also if you, the Devs, really want a small wall as compensation, give EVERY WORKSHOP an energy pool, wich drains 1 energy after one work cycle from a worker.

This would firstly fill the market with many items, from new to old players, secondly the game start too be an OPEN WORLD, atm i would call it a WALLED OPEN WORLD.

Thanks for reading, pls rate a thumb if u liked it.

greetz Richard

PS: Your free too keep english errors.

Edited by Valzoras

Posted

Being a veteran player I can tell you for me there's zero issue since I have 230+ energy and 10 characters to use it on. However I think the best possible fix to allowing energy to be less wasted so quickly is to add a proc on gathering to not use energy similar to crafting life skills. So someone who's skilled and up will have a chance to proc no energy usage just like the rest of life skills. And honestly this specially should be across the board. However at the same time for gathering you do get amazing drops and higher yields the higher your gathering is. Even so I think this should be implemented.

Posted

I feel like reading a suggestions that benefits a single players need again, without even properly thinking about the effects such a change would have.

This is no flame, so please don't get me wrong :)

Removing energy cost for gathering would kill the economy rather than keeping it up. Why? If gathering is free of charge, everyone would just gather the stuff he needs on his own. After removing energy cost for gathering, people would not be satisfied at all, since now they sit on their mats, but are limited in terms of cooking and alchemy :) Logical consequence would be that they start demanding that cooking and alchemy should be free of charge as well. So why not remove the energy system as a whole!? Because it's part of the game. Manage your resources (energy), set up a plan what you want to produce for usage on your own, and if you want to sell something and make profit do something for it. A game where everyone could just have everything sounds cool at first, but why play an MMO then? In the end it's not a single player game. There should be challenges, there should be competition, there should be effort and management of resources required to achieve something. Otherwise they could just start selling energy pots on the CS like many other games, and just in case you didn't experience such games yet - it sucks big time :D

I agree that removing the energy cost from gathering would probably lead to a lot of available materials on marketplace, but that huge amount of offers would lower the price to a level where it's not worth to sell it anymore, since it's not worth the time you took for gathering it :)

Not everyone should be able to achieve everything in no time, since most people get bored pretty fast in that scenario :)

Just a thought of mine, feel free to enlighten me ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I feel like reading a suggestions that benefits a single players need again, without even properly thinking about the effects such a change would have.

This is no flame, so please don't get me wrong :)

Removing energy cost for gathering would kill the economy rather than keeping it up. Why? If gathering is free of charge, everyone would just gather the stuff he needs on his own. After removing energy cost for gathering, people would not be satisfied at all, since now they sit on their mats, but are limited in terms of cooking and alchemy :) Logical consequence would be that they start demanding that cooking and alchemy should be free of charge as well. So why not remove the energy system as a whole!? Because it's part of the game. Manage your resources (energy), set up a plan what you want to produce for usage on your own, and if you want to sell something and make profit do something for it. A game where everyone could just have everything sounds cool at first, but why play an MMO then? In the end it's not a single player game. There should be challenges, there should be competition, there should be effort and management of resources required to achieve something. Otherwise they could just start selling energy pots on the CS like many other games, and just in case you didn't experience such games yet - it sucks big time :D

I agree that removing the energy cost from gathering would probably lead to a lot of available materials on marketplace, but that huge amount of offers would lower the price to a level where it's not worth to sell it anymore, since it's not worth the time you took for gathering it :)

Not everyone should be able to achieve everything in no time, since most people get bored pretty fast in that scenario :)

Just a thought of mine, feel free to enlighten me ;)

Honestly i agree partially with you, because in my suggestion there is a limit, with blue drop or even green ones.

You call it "achieve everything in no time" but really, nearly every nice crafting recipe takes a bigger effort too achieve and  an empty market, cant be a solution.

Ive used my 100 energy on sheeps today, got about 150 meat and it took 45 minutes overall with travel, with those 150 i made my 25 good feed, not calling the fishing time ive used! But for people who may dont like gathering and just grind for money, theres no real satisfying solution also.

Sure having 10 characters is an option, but thats not everyones thing, also, forcing a player too have 10 characters too fund his crafting and material needs, makes it a bigger single player game, than my suggestion.

I like too have 1 MAIN 1 Twink, but also fund my crafting, how can i do it? Theres merely more options, than buying charslots and stack energy consumption on all of em.

Think of it twice, empty market - need more chars too gather

Or have 1-2 main chars and let them handle their basic stuff on their own, wich also fluctuate in the market. And this call from myself isnt about profit, there are fixed prices, somehow.

When the Demand is as big, as the resource income, the player effort is "feelable" when i buy lets say 1000 meat what would took me about a few hours, i got a bigger feel of an MMO, because i use stuff, that SOMEONE ELSE gathered in a bigger amount, wich im timewise not able too farm myself. In fact, the actual system would also allow you too increase the price, with growing resource abundance, because u cant manipulate the price, when you litterally dont have resource too spare for the market......

Ive played EvE online for years and resource abundance encourage player with economy sense, too use Monopolistic thinking.

Theres a running market of resources, i got much money, i buy ALL specific material theres in, wich i want too increase the prices, and resell it higher, after 1k purchases, ill do it again = market manipulation, wich hurts your wallet, but lets the market and ambitious people grow.

Edited by Valzoras

Posted

With those 150 meat in 100 energy I guess you're probably somewhere around Skilled x. Once you reach Professional, those drop rates will increase.

Regarding the more offers on market topic, it's most probably not true :)

With removed energy cost, meat for example would still sell for a low price, so people who are selling it now would maybe still sell it, but the number would hardly increase. Lamb Meat sells for ~2k silver, so for 500 Meat you'd have to pay 1kk silver. Gathering those 500 Meat will take you 250x6s(average if you don't use pots and stuff)=25min of work + 250energy. So people who sell that stuff on marketplace will definitely not do it due to profit, since converting 200 energy to an energy pot and selling it yields ~550k after taxes and took no time. Except you hope to get lucky with those Black Crystal Shards during gathering and have no use for the meat/wood/etc. Still, the available mats on market would stay the same, since people that need mats for cooking or alchemy would just gather it themself. Further, to purchase the meat you would have to beat the pre-order system, since you won't get any rare resource at all for the usual marketplace price :) So if you're not a grinder and get money from exchange somehow, you won't be able to buy a lot on marketplace but will continue to gather it yourself.

And like you mentioned, you still got the option to have more than 1 char to gather for hours, even with reduced offline regeneration, so I assume they will hardly change a feature that would lead to even larger demand in terms of removing energy on cooking and alchemy as well :)

I still get your point and would appreciate a change as well, but longterm it would affect the game in a negative manner I think.

Nonetheless, good luck, maybe you get lucky and they give in if more people demand it.

Posted (edited)

With those 150 meat in 100 energy I guess you're probably somewhere around Skilled x. Once you reach Professional, those drop rates will increase.

Regarding the more offers on market topic, it's most probably not true :)

With removed energy cost, meat for example would still sell for a low price, so people who are selling it now would maybe still sell it, but the number would hardly increase. Lamb Meat sells for ~2k silver, so for 500 Meat you'd have to pay 1kk silver. Gathering those 500 Meat will take you 250x6s(average if you don't use pots and stuff)=25min of work + 250energy. So people who sell that stuff on marketplace will definitely not do it due to profit, since converting 200 energy to an energy pot and selling it yields ~550k after taxes and took no time. Except you hope to get lucky with those Black Crystal Shards during gathering and have no use for the meat/wood/etc. Still, the available mats on market would stay the same, since people that need mats for cooking or alchemy would just gather it themself. Further, to purchase the meat you would have to beat the pre-order system, since you won't get any rare resource at all for the usual marketplace price :) So if you're not a grinder and get money from exchange somehow, you won't be able to buy a lot on marketplace but will continue to gather it yourself.

And like you mentioned, you still got the option to have more than 1 char to gather for hours, even with reduced offline regeneration, so I assume they will hardly change a feature that would lead to even larger demand in terms of removing energy on cooking and alchemy as well :)

I still get your point and would appreciate a change as well, but longterm it would affect the game in a negative manner I think.

Nonetheless, good luck, maybe you get lucky and they give in if more people demand it.

Yeah, the only thing i want, is freedom, capping energy with the "best energy too money ratio" kinda -----s this feeling and dont underestimate gatherers, some of them are real freaks ;)

Additionally, the Demand on materials is capped on your energy, when cooking / doin alchemy, so at least, the hole is filled a bit, till everyone of them killed their actual energy :P

Edited by Valzoras

Posted

Yeah just throw out energy all togheter from crafting (it's so logical anything I do i don't feel any bit more tired by it). You did it already with processing where a lot of people cried their eyes on the forums, might as well make everything free.

By the way gathering allows you to gather crystals that are worth 2-4 mil on AH so making gethering free you will open a new window to hell

Posted

Ah a high lvl gatherer - currently artisan 8, I will simply tell you that it is really hard to use my 270 eng pool. It takes ages on mining or skinning mobs that are not in a tight groups to AOE. At the artisan lvl you get tons of materials as well. Skinning for like 3-4 hours give me enough materials to keep my production 24/7 for like 10 days. 

You just need to have the patience to lvl up your gathering skill. It is great as it is atm. When you get your life skills at artisan lvl you will start wondering how to use all the eng you will have at that time. Processing was great when it took eng, I was able to sink a ton in it and go kill something or do some PvP, explore or whatever i feel like it. Now if i want to do that I actually dump eng in Nodes, not to mention that I dont even bother with alts at this point and I am totally oversupplied with materials that i feel are to cheap to sell at this point. 

My point been, stick with gathering and lvl it up. This get awesome at high levels.

Regards

Posted

You're funny