• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

who bought the conquerors pack

which pre-order did you buy    482 votes

1. 1. which pre-order did you buy

• Conquerors
    • Explorer
    • Traveler

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

144 posts in this topic

Posted

69£ for uk , cheap enough for me 

+1, so excited !

Posted

yeah the costume is gonna be only for founders so u wont be able 2 get this one costume , infact u can only  use the costume on one char

AFAIK the costumes can be used on every character you make. Would be a pretty bad deal otherwise imho....

Posted

bought the conquerors pack woot!!!... im so excited and i just can't hide it :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

hmmmmmm maybe i should upgrade. All of you guys seem pretty happy with that purchase.

edit: right now dora the explorer pack

Edited by jjp

Posted

You realize everyone that actually played the Korea version, basically bought/stole a KSSN Number? That is probably illegal in MOST Countries, not only america

as for the VPN it's get more complicated but i wouldn't consider this option 100% legal either. Risk is probably near 0.

I'll still wait for my North America Release, but thanks for the tips, i'm just not that desperate yet

Buying SSN is illegal (fraud) but using a VPN is absolutely not illegal (and yes I work in law) - it may well be a breach of contract but that doesn't make it illegal or even unlawful - it is merely a breach of contract which is actionable by the other party based on the terms of that contract (which presumably no-one has read because it is in Korean), I suspect those terms simply state they can block you if you are using a VPN it is highly unlikely there would be a clause for them to be able to sue you as they would not be able to show any material damage.  But remember suing someone doesn't mean they have acted illegally - to do something illegal you have to commit a crime, to do something unlawful you have to commit a breach of civil law (tort) - to breach a contract is neither.

Posted

I know its offtopic,but however.

bought/stole a KSSN Number. We dont actually do identity theft. Based on the jurisdiction of the two countries I live in I dont act against any law (germany+UK)

I dont want to make a essay out of it^^

Actually yes you are committing fraud (Fraud Act 2000 in the UK) although the chances of being caught and prosecuted are incredibly limited.  That said I would certainly recommend NOT buying a KSSN as governments tend to be rather nasty when they find out people are using such instruments fraudulently.

Posted (edited)

Actually yes you are committing fraud (Fraud Act 2000 in the UK) although the chances of being caught and prosecuted are incredibly limited.  That said I would certainly recommend NOT buying a KSSN as governments tend to be rather nasty when they find out people are using such instruments fraudulently.

it's identity theft, if someone from mexico stole my Social securty number, it would be identity theft too.

(Not sure) Using a VPN is Illegal if your acccesing content that you should not be allowed to

It's like a copyright infringment i think you could possibly be sued for that, probably not in every countries tho.

Edited by devour

Posted

I bought Conquerors pack, now it's just waiting for CBT 1  9_9 whoop whoop

Posted

They should release CBT1 Now, for us just to play around

and then improve for CBT2 :)

Posted (edited)

Edited by Paladine
weird quote hiccup - deleted.

Posted

I did, just put in a refund request though. Thus far management and communication has been poor, in fact it makes Trion look competent. The pre-order costumes look pretty shabby imo too :D

1 person likes this

Posted

it's identity theft, if someone from mexico stole my Social securty number, it would be identity theft too.

(Not sure) Using a VPN is Illegal if your acccesing content that you should not be allowed to

It's like a copyright infringment i think you could possibly be sued for that, probably not in every countries tho.

You seem to be a little confused on the definition of theft Devour.  If you buy something from the owner you are not stealing it you are buying.  In the case of a KSSN the identity has been given to you buy the person that it relates to - they receive money for it, it is a transaction - they are probably breaking their local laws selling it to you but that is their problem not yours and it is certainly NOT identity theft.

However, using that KSSN becomes fraud because the definition of fraud is to obtain goods or services by deception.  In this case you are obtaining a service by making Daum KR think you are a Korean citizen - that is where the fraud offence comes in.  Whether the game is free to play or not you are still committing the fraudulant act because you are obtaining the service through deception.

Using the VPN is not illegal - not by any stretch of law.  Copyright infringement is a different matter entirely because to infringe copyright you have to distribute the works to third parties - that is where the infringement comes in - accessing the works is NOT an infringement under any copyright law anywhere in the world.  Accessing the game content is also not a breach of law but as I stated previously it is probably a breach of contract - the two are not the same and it is unlikely that there is any prospect of Daum being able to sue you for accessing the game because as I stated previously they can not show any material loss/damage.

That said, if Korea have a law similar to the Computer Misuse Act in the UK they may be able to file charges against you for accessing their systems without consent - I don't know Korean criminal law so I cannot confirm either way.

Posted (edited)

I did, just put in a refund request though. Thus far management and communication has been poor, in fact it makes Trion look competent. The pre-order costumes look pretty shabby imo too :D

You're trying to refund a pack?

Let's us knows how it going, i'm curious.

Let the world knows.

Edited by devour

Posted

You're trying to refund a pack?

Let's us knows how it going, i'm curious.

Let the world knows.

Will do. It does say in the FAQ that they allow refunds up to 14 days after purchase, so I shouldn't have any trouble there :)

Posted (edited)

Will do. It does say in the FAQ that they allow refunds up to 14 days after purchase, so I shouldn't have any trouble there :)

Was considering doing it too if they don't release anything after a week or so, i want informations, i'll give them a bit more time tho.

This is snail-pace.

Edited by devour

Posted (edited)

Was considering doing it too, i want informations, i'll give them a bit more time tho.

I might repurchase depending on whether or not communication improves. I'm not waiting for any great revelations re: localisation etc, I fully expect minimum changes to be made for our version unlike some others, but simple communication, updates and forum management would go a long way to feeling that Daum are taking this game and their EU operation seriously and it isn't just some shameless cash grab for them with minimum staff on hand to manage it.

Although aside from the 2 extra days headstart, there's isn't anything for me in the top pack now that I know which costumes they've gone for. So will probably be the middle tier if I do.

Also btw Daum - might want to check your website for typos, still spelling 'access' with one 's' on the account page and it comes across as cheap and unprofessional.

Edited by Thaiden

Posted

It is not them allowing refunds up to 14 days the law requires it under Distance Selling regulations.

Posted

Also got it can't wait to play on EU

Posted

AFAIK the costumes can be used on every character you make. Would be a pretty bad deal otherwise imho....

well u can use it on any char but u only get the custom skin on the first char you make

this is copy pasted from the FAQ

+

Do I get a unique costume for all available classes or only one costume for the character of my choice?

The unique costumes are meant to distinguish those who decided to support us, by pre-ordering the game. You will only get a unique costume for a single character, of your choice. You will not get a unique costume for each class.
Costumes will look as given in the picture below. Some classes' costumes are in the progress of being designed and will be revealed as soon as possible.

Posted

I am buying the explorer one and pearls, since i dont really need to pay right now for the cash shop items. I am ok with the tier 3, the whistler and some dyes tbh, and just 1 cbt will do xD

I dont really like the skin for the conquerors. Not enought to pay for it. If they released as exclusive the one with the golden plates+ silver/blue plates and gold thread on the white cloth dress, I would probably have to buy it 

Posted

Was considering doing it too if they don't release anything after a week or so, i want informations, i'll give them a bit more time tho.

This is snail-pace.

Quick update, refund processed a few hours ago :)

Posted

Quick update, refund processed a few hours ago :)

Oh, surprised, that was fast, was expecting at least a week,

Posted

Planning on buying this bad-boy soon. I'm so excited.

Posted

in bns only one good and interesting thing is arena , all the rest is crap , don't compare these games please

Exactly, it's my personal opinion, but I don't like end up in game by only beating mobs and some random people among the way...

At BNS pvp starts at around lvl 20 (fraction wars or how they called) and if you meet people from different fraction you can Pk them and things do get pretty fun (well at least at Ru server) + Arena... Arena made this game popular having world tournaments and joining esports that's why I also think it will live longer than BDO (unless they add Arena feature and they should add, because cmon, BDO combat system is super nice).

Posted