• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sieges Postponed

224 posts in this topic

Posted

The complexity of this relationship between Daum and Pearl Abyss and people having no patience. Nor willing to understand that features take time, things that sound simple  can be implemented by just snapping your fingers ...

You know Ninja , done , Sieges, done, just do it. It does not work like that , not for Daum and not for _any_ developer. 

It was not from 1 week to another. If it would take half year to implement a new patch and still be broken? While you;re completely right, there are limits. You cannot hang on the same excuse. Ok, delay it. But you delay for it to work right, not to be still broken.

p.s. PTS are not a bad idea atall.

Posted (edited)

I love this forum, I honestly do; purely because of the hypocrisy of people.

Forum - "Release node wars now! We need it now!" 

Daum - "Um, ok...I mean it may have some problems so we'll postpone the release"

Forum - "Oh my f***ing god! you stupid c***s! release it now!!!!!"

Daum - "Fine...."

Forum - "Node wars are broken! WTF?!"

Daum - "Fine, we'll postpone them until we get it fixed"

Forum - "WTF?!? Why are you removing node wars?"

Not really.

Daum: Nodes wars will be ready 1 month after release.

Forum: ... Oh ok... we will buy our Ghilie for this.

1 month later:

Daum: Okay guys, nodes wars will come... soon.

Forum: We want the Blader and instances!

Daum: Mediah and Blader soon!

Forum: Nomnomnomnomnom

1 month later:

Daum: Mediah and Blader!

Forum: Yeahhh

Daum: Valencia and nodes wars for june!

Forum: HYPE!

1 month later:

Daum: Valencia delayed, but take the last KR patch, nothing to do with our version, but enjoy it.

Forum: WTF?!

Daum; Oh, wait, we forget, take nodes wars too, and again the last KR patch designed for awakening balance.

Forum: But... we havent Awaeking...

Daum: Yeah, its fun, no? Oh, wait, ghilie wont work.

Forum: But we have bought for this, since the release.

Daum: Thanks for the money, dudes. And nodes wars are broken Mwahahaha.

Forum: Holy shit...

They applied specifics patchs for us. Now, they applies last KR patch. But we havent the KR version. It was sure we will have many bugs.

Edited by DworkJay
7 people like this

Posted

It was not from 1 week to another. If it would take half year to implement a new patch and still be broken? While you;re completely right, there are limits. You cannot hang on the same excuse. Ok, delay it. But you delay for it to work right, not to be still broken.

p.s. PTS are not a bad idea atall.

If it was simple it would have been done. You insist on schedules where broken content gets released then ----- some more about it. Game development is done by Pearl Abyss and Daum has to implement it for our servers. This construction takes more time since the servers are vastly different from each other.

What Daum is planing and what there able to get done are 2 different things. If they could implement all of the features that are done in Korea without anything broken , guess what , they would do it ...

Posted

Better to delay then have a bad working product.

+1 

Posted (edited)

If it was simple it would have been done. You insist on schedules where broken content gets released then ----- some more about it. Game development is done by Pearl Abyss and Daum has to implement it for our servers. This construction takes more time since the servers are vastly different from each other.

What Daum is planing and what there able to get done are 2 different things. If they could implement all of the features that are done in Korea without anything broken , guess what , they would do it ...

Wrong dude.

DAUM does nothing. They just apply the patch from PA. And now, there is no more specific patch. Just the last KR patch. But, since the release, there was specifics patches. This patches makes bugs.

Edited by DworkJay

Posted

To the People allways complaining:

Please write a flawless Siege-System which is 100% erreor-free for BDO in 1 Day, thx.

How much will you pay for it ? 

Posted

You should stop taking everything for granted, my advice. Not everyone is competent at their job. Call it salty if you want, but it's true, there're even bad doctors in the world. It's the same in every field. Like i said: PTS, will make things easier for Daum since they obviously need player base testing before implementing stuff on main servers/

Posted

Who needs siege wars anyways, I'm here for the alchemy simulator :>

Posted

@CM_Jouska Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns Thorns  fix this shit

Posted

To the developers, PR flacks, and whoever...

It is worthwhile, I think, to keep in mind that the quality of your product means very little in the long run.

Everything is on the same cycle as celebrity in this day and age. You are bleeding players, subscriptions and money every day that you make people unhappy.

Your foucs should have been and should be the PvP aspects of this game - PvP entertainment, node wars, seiges, forward progress. I am not at the top end and will not get there for some weeks, but you have lost a large number of players that want the 'bleeding edge' feeling in weeks past. They became bored.

I would counsel that you need to find your 'bread and circuses' and strive to ensure that you keep the carrot in front of players. At this point, it is gone. Players will continue to be lost because they are bored with the game you have provided.

Best of luck. I am more casual and stay about 2 steps behind the end game because of having a family and job that I am happy take up a large part of my time... But I believe you need the more hardcore players and you are losing them in droves...

2 people like this

Posted

plz dont delay ninja aswell

Posted

You're doing it wrong.
Where I am working, projects could take months to get released but we always ensure that our clients have an estimated release date, even if it's a one or two months time frame, it is just to make sure that they are not going away. I guarantee you that if we were as vague as you are, they would just leave and they are right.

I mean people here do not want to have everything now, but at least give us an estimated release for what is planned to be released, a roadmap of the content would be awesome and you will be able to keep people interested. At the moment there are plenty of things to do but not in a large scale, it's all too small to keep people playing together.
So far the biggest problem you have is your communication with the community.

It's not a problem to delay something because it's bugged or because it needs more time to be thought through, but the fact that you keep saying "we have no ETA on when it'll be  done" so often is getting more and more frustrating. And from my entourage, you will upset a lot of people (more than you think).

All in all, it is good that you think about going through more tests and rethinking some of the broken stuff, in the end it will be more enjoyable.
GL

Posted

You're doing it wrong.
Where I am working, projects could take months to get released but we always ensure that our clients have an estimated release date, even if it's a one or two months time frame, it is just to make sure that they are not going away. I guarantee you that if we were as vague as you are, they would just leave and they are right.

I mean people here do not want to have everything now, but at least give us an estimated release for what is planned to be released, a roadmap of the content would be awesome and you will be able to keep people interested. At the moment there are plenty of things to do but not in a large scale, it's all too small to keep people playing together.
So far the biggest problem you have is your communication with the community.

It's not a problem to delay something because it's bugged or because it needs more time to be thought through, but the fact that you keep saying "we have no ETA on when it'll be  done" so often is getting more and more frustrating. And from my entourage, you will upset a lot of people (more than you think).

All in all, it is good that you think about going through more tests and rethinking some of the broken stuff, in the end it will be more enjoyable.
GL

Having worked as a middle man at my last corporate job, I have a feeling that it's not DAUM's fault that they don't have any ETA. 

They are at the mercy of Pearl Abyss. If PA doesn't tell them anything, Daum certainly can't tell us anything either, even if they wanted to. DAUM are getting all the shitstorm from us while in fact we should be directing our complaints to Pearl Abyss instead. They are the ones making shady decisions. DAUM is just implementing them and the best they can do is "suggest" ideas

i mean, not having a test server?

making changes that don't make sense to the western community?

Westerners like fashion and PvP but hate grinding. DAUM clearly told them that, before release, what do we get? 

a PvE grind game with a broken fashion and a non existant PvP system.

why? WHO THE ----- KNOWS.... 

I know realized after spending 60$ on this game that the devs Pearl Abyss have no clue what they are doing, and should probably stick with the eastern market. 

Posted

Daum are their publisher, they can pressure them and define the rules it's not all on PA.

Posted

Daum are their publisher, they can pressure them and define the rules it's not all on PA.

from what iv'e seen in interviews and content release, it seems that it's all backwards with them. PA are calling the shots and DAUM is just sitting pretty delivering the crapy service.

Posted

Lower guild members required to be online please, 5 members not 10, that should equal the playing field.

Also I hope this doesnt stop the future updates

Posted

This game will have always issues, it cannot be fixed, the game is a total mess. I wouldn't support such a game anymore...it's dead soon.

Posted

With how things are going thus far I suspect things in BDO will stay messy atleast until we catch up to KR.

Bringing out some pieces and leaving others out while having limited knowledge of and control over the exact content only makes the chance of bugs bigger.

Posted

With how things are going thus far I suspect things in BDO will stay messy atleast until we catch up to KR.

Bringing out some pieces and leaving others out while having limited knowledge of and control over the exact content only makes the chance of bugs bigger.

that is the thing that is bothering me the most about BDO. DAUM have stated what they would like to see in the game and in my opinion it would make it great, hell i would reinstall it if DAUM gets their way on every point! But, PA is not even telling them what is in the patch... and have their own greedy agenda.

Posted

To the People allways complaining:

Please write a flawless Siege-System which is 100% erreor-free for BDO in 1 Day, thx.

If you're actually thinking that they are writing the siege system from scratch, then you have no idea how this even works. The siege system has been written and void of major bugs for years...

Posted

If you're actually thinking that they are writing the siege system from scratch, then you have no idea how this even works. The siege system has been written and void of major bugs for years...

You know its Siege Season 4?

Which got released in KR at 3th June 2016

Posted

wEhH9AY.png?1

Posted

Better to delay then have a bad working product.

+1 

Seriously DAUM you should at least stop making fake accounts in attempt to show how some players support you lel.

1 person likes this

Posted

No node wars, no awakenings, no valencia. Is there a reason to even keep playing this game?

Posted (edited)

The simple way forward is that Daum needs a massive re-think on its GvG.  Throwing guilds of various size, gear difference and levels into a battle.. in a game such as BDO, where those three things are SIGNIFICANT difference makers, is a recipe for failure.

Daum would be wise to look at past and present "successful" PvP models and then build in that direction.

Edited by Chylok
Typo
1 person likes this