• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Configuration

Multiple Servers Per Region   3,543 votes

1. 1. Multiple Servers Per Region

• 01-05 Channels per Server.
    • 05-10 Channels per Server.
    • I do not want multiple servers per region.
  2. 2. Single Server Per Region (Mega-Server)

• No, I do not want a single server (Mega-Server) per region.
    • Yes, I want a single server (Mega-Server) per region with enough channels to fit the entire player-base of that region.
  3. 3. If Dynamic Channels are possible.

• I would want multiple servers per region.
    • I would want a single server per region.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,445 posts in this topic

Posted

PVE/RP or RP  , PVE , PVP. or again RP/PVE Combined then PVP . this would put players who want Lots of PVP on the home they want. then you'd have the Major PVE type players , roleplayers on their own server. which can't be forced into PVP. but can partake in it VIA Flagging up or BG/Sieges/Wars etc.

Thus you will want to invest in mega servers for like RP , PVE , PVP. all 3 will be popular. this game will ultimately need them when this game releases or you'll end up like every MMO in the past 5 years on release...servers locked for weeks. look at BNS....almost dozen servers & yet the games freaking overloaded hour long ques to days.

Agree completely. I like the idea of a mega server as it would be fantastic to have such a large player base all in one world, but the thing is. It just wont work. 

Having 2-3 big servers, one for PvP, where open world PvP and other PvP features are all enabled, a PvE server where those PvP features are disabled and PvP comes in the form of a flagging system or zone based or something, and even an RP server if you wanted.

The reason I think this is a good idea is because it kind of solves the PvP problem. I was looking at that new bounty system that's being talked about and I can say that that system will definitely not be enough of an attempt to implement PvP for players that really thrive from PvP. In this server setup you have the PvE server, with simple PvP, and the PvP server with fully allowed PvP. Not saying the PvP server should allow PK'ing without consequence but players on the PvP server will be fully aware of what they are getting themselves into.

Not saying it's a flawless plan but it's actually the best option i've seen.

2 people like this

Posted

Daum already released an official announcement. That server will not be separated in to pve/rp/pvp. 
All servers will be PVX.

Coordinate if you want.  

Posted

I wonder how long after release everyone will realize they picked the wrong server or everyone will see where "everyone will be" then flood that server... basically making that 1 server the "Megaserver" as the other lower population ones die out due to low populace....

They can IP track multiple votes.

You can change your IP...

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska please make poll for accounts that actually bought the game.

We know there are people with shitloud of accounts that were already used to up/down vote from before so we wont really see what community voted.
( sorry if it was already being mentioned but at work and did not read all 12 pages ) 

My choice:

8d1574d86f.png

Current results
7136607566.png

Edited by IKShadow
3 people like this

Posted

I realy hope they ban multtiple account voters and remove that inflations of polls....

Also there are many voters who havent even played bo and think mega server is good for pvp while in reality it just plain kills of pvp. (i was one of them before i played BDO)

Posted

sigh i really hope we dont get multi servers, they really ruin the experience of playing with many people especially after a few years when people start dropping out and have to merge servers...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If Daum goes with multiple servers per region, will servers be locked when they reach a certain population to prevent overpopulating a server? So that they can spread out the players on all servers.

Dynamic channels doesn't fix that.

Regarding Dynamic channels, will there be a limit to the amount of channels? Currently if the system adds a channel when the other channels reaches 80%, theoretically if theres no limit on channels or players , we could create a megaserver despite having multiple servers.

If servers can be locked, will they add more servers or more channels when the servers reach 100% capacity?

@CM_Jouska Can ya clarify this?

Edited by Cliyde

Posted

Do people even think before voting? 50.52% voted for 1 server per region ( aka 1 server NA 1 server EU) imagine the queus for the love of god....AA release would be a child compared to that! *facepalm*

I say 5-10 channels, no mega server and at least 5 servers per region. BDO is hyped ALOT and even if its not a f2p game people will buy a pack to play it..so maybe there wont be big queues for people with the 100$ pack the first 2-3 days..but after when the people with 50$ and 30$ packs come in...ur gonna regret wanting only one server per region!

Posted

Will there be a PVE server or servers with harsher vs more lenient karma rules?

Posted

So if i got 50 accounts on these forums i get 50 votes, good to know ;)

Posted

^ This has a large bearing on my preference for server config as my opinion differs based on whether or not I need lots of channels to avoid PKers.

Posted

No PVE server 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do people even think before voting? 50.52% voted for 1 server per region ( aka 1 server NA 1 server EU) imagine the queus for the love of god....AA release would be a child compared to that! *facepalm*

I say 5-10 channels, no mega server and at least 5 servers per region. BDO is hyped ALOT and even if its not a f2p game people will buy a pack to play it..so maybe there wont be big queues for people with the 100$ pack the first 2-3 days..but after when the people with 50$ and 30$ packs come in...ur gonna regret wanting only one server per region!

Are you an idiot? A megaserver is basically different servers combined, so you're able to easily switch between different channels/worlds and play with your friends whenever you want without having to switch servers. It's not one big server... Please do your research?

ESO did this amazingly. 

Besides, I don't understand the issues people are having with this. Channel hopping could be disabled for x minutes after you've entered PvP + it should only work when someone invites you to a party, so you phase into their channel. Also, if everyone had 
to select a 'home' channel there would be no problem really. 

Edited by Flumbooze

Posted

sigh i really hope we dont get multi servers, they really ruin the experience of playing with many people especially after a few years when people start dropping out and have to merge servers...

I don't disagree with multi servers, but my biggest issue is this. 

Posted

Are you an idiot? A megaserver is basically different servers combined, so you're able to easily switch between different channels/worlds and play with your friends whenever you want without having to switch servers. It's not one big server... Please do your research?
ESO did this amazingly. 

Besides, I don't understand the issues people are having with this. Channel hopping could be disabled for x minutes after you've entered PvP + it should only work when someone invites you to a party, so you phase into their channel. 

Kind Sir..i know what a mega server is, ive had to deal with it enough in GW2. Thats why im against it. And keep ur ----- in ur pants. no need to insult people kiddo.

Posted

Finally! Mega server is winning.

Posted (edited)

After trying both mega servers and classic servers; i think that, for the long run, mega servers are the way to go.

I like more classic servers; you can build a server community, there are going to be familiar names after a few weeks, gvg is more meaningful, politics are more meaningful. But they have a very bad downside; after a few months/years they will become emptier. Not totally empty, just not what they used to be.

Megaservers, if done right, guarantee more longevity for the game. No merges, no more empty zones after a few months/years, no more need to server hop. You give up the community feeling for game longevity, which to me is more important.

If you go with mega servers:

1) Go with many channels at the start, then reduce them progressively. This lowers the chance to get stuck in a queue and find dead channels in the long run.

2) Give the ability to switch channels and designate only 1 or two for gvgs and stuff. Rest as normal owpvp

3) There has to be something that tells you what lvl of population a channel currently has. Like colors: red for full, yellow for high, green for normal, grey for low.

4) You should be able to queue for a channel, if full, and it should tell you what place you have in said queue.

5) Only 2-3 servers with channels, 2-3 for EU and 2-3 for NA. This to avoid having dead servers with dead channels in the long run.

Edited by An4thor
7 people like this

Posted

Kind Sir..i know what a mega server is, ive had to deal with it enough in GW2. Thats why im against it. And keep ur ----- in ur pants. no need to insult people kiddo.

No, you definitely don't as you say we'll regret only wanting one server per region... Nobody wants that and it's not even an option. The fact that you talk about queues confirms you don't know what you're talking about.

And what was so bad about GW2 then?  Also, I don't really think you can call other people on insults. 

Posted (edited)

Poll is pretty limiting (though i understand it reflects the most viable outcomes)...

Ideally i'd like to have multiple servers with dynamic channels (in this case, can be even 10 max), with possibility of transfer between them (for cash)...

So idk what to vote for...

Edited by RoakOriginal

Posted

I love how people voting for multi-servers are the one that gonna be ----- after their server is dead.

I'm going to play bdo for long regardless if we get Mega or multi server.

If the servers die, easy solution: merge.

Posted

I think one mega server with like overflow channels so we don't have to deal with queues at launch would be great, and queue times suck people will quit the game if they have more then like 30 minutes of queue time. At least most people will.

Posted

Properly configured Dynamic Mega Server is only option for MMO's

Posted (edited)

So I think I have the best solution, and this is a copy-pasta from my post from Reddit, but I truly think this is the best server configuration for BDO.

1 Megaserver With 5 Locked Named Permanent Channels.

How it works:

• There is a megaserver, but once you create a character on 1 channel, that character is locked within that channel. Guilds are also locked within that channel and cannot move.
  • Guild Wars are also locked within their channels along with castles and nodes. That means with 5 Locked Channels, there will be 5 owners of Calpheon, 5 owners of Serendia, and 5 owners of Balenos.
  • Auction Markets will be shared across all channels
  • Names are unique within the entire game.
  • You can change channels, at a 7 day cooldown. If you have leveled up and want to move to another channel to play with your friend? That's fine, but you can only change channels once a week, and you will have to leave your guild behind (Unless all guild members make the switch).
  • These channel transfers should be free. (Although, I can see the viability to add into the cash or mileage shop a one time use item that lowers the cooldown of channel switching to maybe 24 hours)
  • If a single locked channel gets too full, you could dynamically implement a temporary overflow channel for ONLY people in that channel. Guild wars and siege wars will be only on the primary server of course, but it will allow players not interested in GvG to avoid the lag of 200 players fighting for a castle.

Why it will work:

• Auction Markets will be intricately linked between all channels, meaning markets never feel wonky or dead, and players don't feel penalized for being in a smaller server.
  • Open world PvP is preserved, including supporting that new Bounty Hunter system that PM_Belsazar was talking about.
  • Creates a sense of community.
  • Friend on a different channel? Then you can make the semi-permanent switch!
  • Sieges will be a lot less laggy with players spread out through multiple channels.
  • You could set each Locked Channel to have a different schedule for siege wars, meaning people can join the channel that best fits their schedule.
  • It encourages players to spread around multiple servers since it is easier to win in GvG in smaller servers.
  • Since it is a channel, it is very easy to add additional channels if the total player population starts getting massive.
  • The population of this game is less likely to fluctuate radically, which created issues in other games like Blade and Soul with their queues, because this game is B2P. Players are unlikely to download and try the game and then leave, causing a massive bubble of players at launch that soon collapses, leaving multiple empty channels. You are paying to play this game, players are unlikely to walk away from their investment, unlike a f2p game.
  • If the population for any channel decreases, you can encourage players to transfer into it or merge it with another server (Which should be easy since your character names are unique among all channels). Of course, a few guilds would be mad to lose their nodes and regions they worked hard to get, but that's a minor and temporary issue that should resolve itself in a week.

Possible issues:

• Now people say that the biggest flaw of a multi-server configuration is that players will stick to the 1 biggest channel, and ignore the others. But that may balance itself out. If there is an smaller channel, some guilds and players may transfer to it, as smaller populations means easier time winning siege wars. It also allows you to get away from the 1-2 mega guilds that may dominate in a mega server configuration.
  • There is one type of player who will not be a fan of this configuration, and that would be players who want to join empty channels to farm and PvE in peace. But in my opinion, if you want to play a single player rpg, you can go elsewhere and play Skyrim or Witcher 3, because this is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG for a reason.
  • This might be technically unfeasible. But I wouldn't know that.

What are your thoughts? I feel that with the unique nature of this game, that this server configuration would work best for everyone.

Edited by Krazymouse
4 people like this

Posted

I think alot of people are failing to understand the question being posed.... and what they are voting for

Posted (edited)

@CM_Jouska please make poll for accounts that actually bought the game.

We know there are people with shitloud of accounts that were already used to up/down vote from before so we wont really see what community voted.
( sorry if it was already being mentioned but at work and did not read all 12 pages ) 

Just because you don't like results of this poll, that doesn't mean its fixed by fake accounts.

I am surprised that voting so far is almost 50-50. Didn't expect that. 

Edited by SalWe