• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Configuration

Multiple Servers Per Region   3,543 votes

1. 1. Multiple Servers Per Region

• 01-05 Channels per Server.
    • 05-10 Channels per Server.
    • I do not want multiple servers per region.
  2. 2. Single Server Per Region (Mega-Server)

• No, I do not want a single server (Mega-Server) per region.
    • Yes, I want a single server (Mega-Server) per region with enough channels to fit the entire player-base of that region.
  3. 3. If Dynamic Channels are possible.

• I would want multiple servers per region.
    • I would want a single server per region.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,445 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You are confident enough to say that you are better without any info about me, that pretty much says all about how intelligent you are.

Keep testing, one day you will probably figure out how to avoid fps issues. 

You're a moron if you think I don't know how to get better FPS.  My argument was towards the mass people who play this game.  They don't have a RIG to handle it.  I hope this second time explaining to you gets to your thick skull.

Edited by Arrogance

Posted

It seems Multi Server is winning, after thinking about it i don't mind which Server we get in the end. I hope Daum will do good in the end so we all can enjoy BDO.

Posted

If mega server at launch fails you can't go to a multi server.  No money making for Daum.

if multi server at launch fails you can go to mega server. Money making for Daum.

So we can safely assume that the multiserver will fail at launch. so money making for daum!

Posted

ok - u pove that ur name is program, but there is still no real prove about any game that clashed its com in case that startet with a megaserver and has no clue to start over some more servers. Only thing that KR and RU GvG still wont exist exepts to high networked skilled ppl, but that is no prove that a com will fu and a game goes bancrupt as some ppl apologize.

greets Babbelfish

ok - i pove that me name is program, there is rael pove about many games that clash its com.  Okay I'm going to stop here...LOL

Posted

ok - u pove that ur name is program, but there is still no real prove about any game that clashed its com in case that startet with a megaserver and has no clue to start over some more servers. Only thing that KR and RU GvG still wont exist exepts to high networked skilled ppl, but that is no prove that a com will fu and a game goes bancrupt as some ppl apologize.

greets Babbelfish

Is your primary language english? 

Posted (edited)

lil bruh, what you trying to say man?

in some cases GHz is better then (n)cores ... so megaserver would be better then Multiserver :)

greets

Babbelfish

Edited by Babbelfish

Posted

You could split the server load between the channels of the mega server, as there are different Capitol Cities (Region). Node wars of each region are fought on different channels.

If there are too many guilds (with lets say 20+ members) on the mega server, you can make the node wars on more than one channel (Taxes are then split between the guilds owning the node in different channels)....

There are solutions to every problem, but its allways the same people, that only say "it wont work"... but never give any example why it should not work.

I'm not saying it can't be worked around but what you propose is a system not in place on any version of the known game currently so it requires extra coding we won't get by launch plus as has been pointed out you can always merge standalone servers later on into a megaserver  but I know of no instance where a megaserver has been split up.  So it would only make sense to launch with a multi server set up while you wrote the code for the work around of the current problems a megaserver creates for the pvp community.

Posted (edited)

You're a moron if you think I don't know how to get better FPS.  My argument was towards the mass people who play this game.  They don't have a RIG to handle it.  I hope this second time explaining to you gets to your thick skull.

Actually, for us who work in IT, it's very common for us to assume people don't know what the ----- they are on about, as the field is very vast. Like, stupidly vast.
So, I'm sorry sir. But he's not a moron for assuming that you didn't know. To us, it's polite, when we walk up and say some silly shit that no one understands, then they get defensive and blah blah blah, it's all just a mess.

So, in common, we assume no one knows until we have a concept that they know.
And even THEN, the entire field(s) of IT are so vast, there is still shit that just isn't.. known lmfao...

in some caes GHz is better then (n)cores ... so megaserver would be better then Multiserver :)

greets

Babbelfish

Generally serversoftware is designed to work in configuration with multiple processors, then multiple cores.
Greets, War.

PS.

If mega server at launch fails you can't go to a multi server.  No money making for Daum.

if multi server at launch fails you can go to mega server. Money making for Daum.

You're about 99.99999999999999% wrong about this.
That 00.00000000000001% being that, they can't convert a megaserver into a multiserver.
Which is insulting to any DC certified IT lacky.

Edited by War

Posted

in some caes GHz is better then (n)cores ... so megaserver would be better then Multiserver :)

greets

Babbelfish

But how can our Gigahertz be real if our servers arent real?

Jaden+Smith+gEpwnr3Be5nm.jpeg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The actual response is much appreciated.

However, I already read that post, and didn't see anything definitively confirming what "Chi" claimed.

Can you point out specifically where it confirms that "names are unique across your region (Na / Eu )" even if BDO goes multi-server?

I've learned against taking anything for granted unless it's explicitly promised in detail. I mean, who expected a Sunday head-start?

I just want to be sure that $50 names can't get merged away if this goes multi-server.

Geez sorry I had other things to do than forum lurk! :P 

Since Zev has been helpful to you in a timely manner, maybe you could at least control + F "name" on that page. You'll find this quote under "cash shop"

• You will be able to reserve 1 Family name for a region of your choice.
  • You will be able to reserve 1 Character name for the same region as the Family name.
  • Family and Character names will be unique in each region.
  • There will be two regions. North America and Europe. 

Servers merging should not be an issue if we go multi server. 

Edited by Chi

Posted (edited)

so you would have to only join guilds that play on your "east channels"..? isnt this the same thing basicaly as having multi servers..lol

Ya thats the point but it can easily merge when populations wane.  That's essential the main purpose of a megaserver so you don't have to open up one after another to maintain the population then waste money bringing them down and mergering them as populations drop.

This idea prevents that by combining the purposes of the two different ideas using what we already have.

You wouldnt join a guild you would select the subchannels you belong to when you make your character.

So say you want east you select east on character creation.   You can only join those channels.  Unless population drops for a certain area then they merge.

This allows for multiple guild siege war mirrors one for each sub west and east.

Edited by Volomon

Posted

But how can our Gigahertz be real if our servers arent real?

You compare a speed unit with some cloud service ? wired*

greets

Babbelfish

Posted

Vote all they want on as many accounts as they want. Clearly Daum already knows which we are going to actually have or we wouldn't be ready for a launch less than a month away. :P

Posted

greets

Babbelfish

The mental intellect of people in this forum is why we can't have a compromise.

Posted

I'm not saying it can't be worked around but what you propose is a system not in place on any version of the known game currently so it requires extra coding we won't get by launch plus as has been pointed out you can always merge standalone servers later on into a megaserver  but I know of no instance where a megaserver has been split up.  So it would only make sense to launch with a multi server set up while you wrote the code for the work around of the current problems a megaserver creates for the pvp community.

Siege will start ~4 weeks after release, So they have 2 month to work on this... and its probably not that much coding as you might think ;) .

Posted (edited)

greets

Babbelfish

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, speed unit has been confirmed as the fastest server known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of cloud service and crashed a speed unit car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of speed unit and crashed a car made of cloud service moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a speed unit car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a speed unit traveling at cloud service car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of server into a 400 mile per hour made of speed unit, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a speed unit made of cloud service at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at speed unit into cloud service per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 speed units per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per cloud service, and the result proved without a doubt that speed units were the fastest server of all time, if not the fastest server known to man.

Edited by COMI
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

The mental intellect of people in this forum is why we can't have a compromise.

I'm 100% sure hes one of you guys.

Edited by Arrogance
1 person likes this

Posted

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, speed unit has been confirmed as the fastest server known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of cloud server and crashed a speed unit car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of speed unit and crashed a car made of cloud server moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a speed unit car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a speed unit traveling at cloud server car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of server into a 400 mile per hour made of speed unit, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a speed unit made of cloud server at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at speed unit into cloud server per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 speed units per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per cloud server, and the result proved without a doubt that speed units were the fastest server of all time, if not the fastest server known to man.

I can agree i worked on the research with James Bond

Posted (edited)

I can agree i worked on the research with James Bond

Have James Bond and MI6 decided what server they want for BDO? 

Edited by Marijuoanna

Posted

Has James Bond and MI6 decided what server they want for BDO? 

They want multi servers due to the quantic compassion of a mega stupid idiot server

1 person likes this

Posted

Siege will start ~4 weeks after release, So they have 2 month to work on this... and its probably not that much coding as you might think ;) .

ya I've no idea how long it would take them to code I just wouldn't expect it to be a priority in any case I mean they've gotten away without having multi guild owned areas in all the other regions this long and there are other things of potential greater importance that are likely in the works such as revisions to the current karma system to bring it toward something like v2.0 karma system. 

But what do I know I'm not working on the game so maybe I'm talkin out my ass

Posted

Have James Bond and MI6 decided what server they want for BDO? 

As we all know James Bond is a fan of having multiple ladies, as well as multiple servers ;)

Posted

The usual server xfr costs are around $10-15 for a typical game. But, if they go single server, and only open up X amount, and then open more as they fill up, there will not be a need for server xfr's for a long time to come. Also, megaservers will become empty when it comes to pvp, and that is what you don't want. Also, people running from PvP, and swapping servers is quiet silly too. Also, it is something that would be abused, as well as used for harassing people.

Single server is best for a game of this kind for many reasons, and we already discussed them many times over in other threads. Single servers always came out on top for good reasons. Either way you look at it, we will soon find out, and we can then smash these forums.

Posted

Due to extensive research done by the University of Pittsburgh, speed unit has been confirmed as the fastest server known to man. The research is as follows. Pocket-protected scientists built a wall of cloud service and crashed a speed unit car into it at 400 miles per hour, and the car was unharmed. They then built a wall out of speed unit and crashed a car made of cloud service moving at 400 miles an hour into the wall, and the wall came out fine. They then crashed a speed unit car made of 400 miles per hour into a wall, and there were no survivors. They crashed 400 miles per hour into a speed unit traveling at cloud service car. Western New York was powerless for hours. They rammed a wall of server into a 400 mile per hour made of speed unit, and the resulting explosion shifted the earth's orbit 400 million miles away from the sun, saving the earth from a meteor the size of a small Washington suburb that was hurtling towards mid-western Prussia at 400 billion miles per hour. They shot a speed unit made of cloud service at a car moving at 400 walls per hour, and as a result caused over 9000 wayward airplanes to lose track of their bearings, and make a fatal crash with over 9000 buildings in downtown New York. They spun 400 miles at speed unit into cloud service per wall. The results were inconclusive. Finally, they placed 400 speed units per hour in front of a car made of wall traveling at miles per cloud service, and the result proved without a doubt that speed units were the fastest server of all time, if not the fastest server known to man.

i love you comi

1 person likes this

Posted

They want multi servers due to the quantic compassion of a mega stupid idiot server

ur info is wrong, it was comprmitted by spectre last briefing. Old school informations are to headstart with a megaserver per region with dynamic channels and start up multiple server for more language localisations.

greets

Babbelfish