• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Configuration

Multiple Servers Per Region   3,543 votes

1. 1. Multiple Servers Per Region

• 01-05 Channels per Server.
    • 05-10 Channels per Server.
    • I do not want multiple servers per region.
  2. 2. Single Server Per Region (Mega-Server)

• No, I do not want a single server (Mega-Server) per region.
    • Yes, I want a single server (Mega-Server) per region with enough channels to fit the entire player-base of that region.
  3. 3. If Dynamic Channels are possible.

• I would want multiple servers per region.
    • I would want a single server per region.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,445 posts in this topic

Posted

As we all know James Bond is a fan of having multiple ladies, as well as multiple servers ;)

This is like saying God is the reason why a banana tree grows, instead of using scientific explanations.

Posted

This is like saying God is the reason why a banana tree grows, instead of using scientific explanations.

You mean jesus christ our one and holy savior?

Posted

Well umm god created banana trees so of course he's the reason they grow. Without god we wouldn't even know how to science.

Posted

The usual server xfr costs are around $10-15 for a typical game. But, if they go single server, and only open up X amount, and then open more as they fill up, there will not be a need for server xfr's for a long time to come. Also, megaservers will become empty when it comes to pvp, and that is what you don't want. Also, people running from PvP, and swapping servers is quiet silly too. Also, it is something that would be abused, as well as used for harassing people.

Single server is best for a game of this kind for many reasons, and we already discussed them many times over in other threads. Single servers always came out on top for good reasons. Either way you look at it, we will soon find out, and we can then smash these forums.

Sigh, All these Multi-Server fanatics choking on their own words. How can you have PvP in the first place if the initial problem of people avoiding PvP is the reason why there's no PvP. Putting you all in one into multiple servers will limit your freedom. Because as you all know BDO is an Open-World game. How can you GvG when ur first action is running away from each other. But no you don't want an arena type GvG you want ur freedom. Too bad Daum EU isn't in America.

You mean jesus christ our one and holy savior?

No see, Jesus is the son of God. People have the misconception that when you say God people think of Jesus which is wrong.

Posted

i love you comi

Sorry, he is taken... by Zexius

Posted

hes a comi we can share :)

Posted

You do know that God created everything.. so yes, God is the reason they grow on trees, and God is the reason you were even able to post.. do you even God?

Posted

You do know that God created everything.. so yes, God is the reason they grow on trees, and God is the reason you were even able to post.. do you even God?

well if God created us would that make us artificial intelligence.

Posted

Sigh, All these Multi-Server fanatics choking on their own words. How can you have PvP in the first place if the initial problem of people avoiding PvP is the reason why there's no PvP. Putting you all in one into multiple servers will limit your freedom. Because as you all know BDO is an Open-World game. How can you GvG when ur first action is running away from each other. But no you don't want an arena type GvG you want ur freedom. Too bad Daum EU isn't in America.

Umm... what in GODS name are you talking about? Who avoids PvP, and runs from PvP? I love PvP, and that is what this game is about, and Megaservers will screw that up royally! Hide in other channels, and run off. 

Posted

hes a comi we can share :)

54303132.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

well if God created us would that make us artificial intelligence.

Let's ask God. I will let you know when he replies.

Posted

54303132.jpg

Jesus Christ!?! Well that explains the Communion Bread...

Posted

Let's ask God. I will let you know when he replies.

as long as you don't call him bald

Posted

Vote all they want on as many accounts as they want. Clearly Daum already knows which we are going to actually have or we wouldn't be ready for a launch less than a month away. :P

agree.. either way we are getting BDO soon, lets cheer up and pray they dont kill pvp and community

Posted

Yeah glad people have come to see how much trash a mega server is for an open world pvp sandbox mmo.

You know if there wasnt this karma system or need for guild declerations a megaserver woulnt be that bad as you could just pvp alot more.

But with the insane pvp restrictions in place its like playing a pvp game with a rope pulled tight around your neck.

Very happy with the choices of the community in general :) 

I sense Futilez doing something with their zerg :D 

Posted

I sense Futilez doing something with their zerg :D 

Who ? us ? nah !!!

We just want to make as much friends as posible !!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Umm... what in GODS name are you talking about? Who avoids PvP, and runs from PvP? I love PvP, and that is what this game is about, and Megaservers will screw that up royally! Hide in other channels, and run off. 

See, that's why we are going in circles. These freaking hypocritical "PvPers" The solution of just locking all the participants of a GvG in one channel is a no go for them. They want to play Hide and Seek. This will happen regardless of server configuration. But have anyone seen the actual size of the world?? And you want freedom to GvG in the Open-World? Unless those who GvG are put in the same area they won't see each other ever. There are so many places to hide in the massive world of BDO. There will probably be people AFKing in towns during a GvG or running around in their horses. What kind of Honour do you get from that? Damn I wish Morgan Freeman came here and explained.

Posted

See, that's why we are going in circles. These freaking hypocritical "PvPers" The solution of just locking all the participants of a GvG in one channel is a no go for them. They want to play Hide and Seek. This will happen regardless of server configuration. But have anyone seen the actual size of the world?? And you want freedom to GvG in the Open-World? Unless those who GvG are put in the same area they won't see each other ever. There are so many places to hide in the massive world of BDO. There will probably be people AFKing in towns during a GvG or running around in their horses. What kind of Honour do you get from that? Damn I wish Morgan Freeman came here and explained.

Its not. Have you played it yet?

Posted

The BDO world is NOT big at all, yes it may FEEL big, but is it really? I agree that there are many places to hide and all, but the thing is calling BDO massive is not really correct. Let me give you an example, it takes about 15 or so minutes to travel from one end to the other. Like I said, it just FEELS big because there is no fast travel in this game, unless you consider a Tier 7+ horse to be fast travel.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know if you have a multiserver its going to be exactly the same as the mega except broken up right?  It's still gonna have channels and such.

That's pretty much it. l really adore the naivity of the people who think mega server is bad because there will be tons of channels. Because when you make multi-servers you wont magically fit all those channels into a bunch of servers with 1-3 channels.

lt is basic math; if mega server needs 60 channels, that means multi-server needs 20 servers with 3 channels; or 6 servers with 10 channels. Either option is bad, as 6 servers with 10 channels is not any better for OvPvP compared to mega-server; and 20 servers is just a recipe for disaster that will end up with some being ghost towns and popular ones becoming overcrowded.

Long term interests is something people completely disregard when making their decisions.

1 person likes this

Posted

My most recent mega server experience was with ESO - I enjoyed most aspects, except PvP was atrocious.  If Daum could implement a mega server solution that made players from around the globe happy performance wise that would be my choice.  I hope they can gauge what's possible/practical and choose the best solution.

Posted

Expand why this would work better in a non megaserver.

Less = More in this case. That simple, less guilds at a siege, less FPS drops, more competition for smaller guilds  a lot of small guilds won't compete in a mega server dominated by the same large guilds every week

Posted

Thanks for copy and pasting someone else's words retard. So you're all assuming that everyone will just walk along the roads and not into forests and stuff and to the plains and stuff and surely they won't climb mountains to get away.

EDIT: OK so you tried to contracting one of my explanations about the size of BDO. You still haven't said anything about the people avoiding GvG.

We have posted about people avoiding GvG in the last 60 pages of the thread. Please read through them and get caught up so you can participate in current discussion.

We are worried people will avoid GvG in a megaserver. Which they do, on KR. I would advise you to try out the KR/JP/RU versions of the game so you have an idea of what we're talking about.

Posted

Somebody with the forum name Kirihito want's a mega server? Shocker, probably never even played the game. 

Posted

We have posted about people avoiding GvG in the last 60 pages of the thread. Please read through them and get caught up so you can participate in current discussion.

We are worried people will avoid GvG in a megaserver. Which they do, on KR. I would advise you to try out the KR/JP/RU versions of the game so you have an idea of what we're talking about.

Again going in circles, Multiple servers won't fix the people avoiding PvP.

Somebody with the forum name Kirihito want's a mega server? Shocker, probably never even played the game. 

Again going in circles. That's the only explanation you can give to people who want a megaserver. " You have never played the game". It's like the old vs the new. If you don't like BDO changing then why are so shocked.