• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

TET or Quit - RIP

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Odds are, most players will fail more than 4 attempts before getting TET. Their failure was completely expected and normal. I'm glad if the person only did this before quitting anyway.

It's only terrible for those players who think they need or are entitled to TET/PEN gear. The enchanting system is very open ended so players will always have something to work for. If the caps are easy to obtain the games lost something.The system doesn't exist so everyone can reach TET/PEN. Rage quitting over this is like doing something extreme in real life because you didn't win the lotto. 

An MMO doesn't need everyone to play. It's needs the players that enjoy the gme for what it is, not what they wish it to be. Those players constantly trying to change the game or being angry all the time for what the game actually is... can quit and never return. The game is better off without them, not worse.

Orly? I guess the tumbleweeds won't care about broken mechanics and empty dev promises.

Posted

1 - thank you for putting your gear and armor on the market place rather than make a vid deleting everything.

2 - RIP about your tets

3 - Glad it wasn't on Edan cause I would have lost my shit if I slept through that. (I need market place app on my cellphone asap)

Posted

RIP Flexyy

RIP.png

hahahahha. Melinnial didnt get something

next logical step. Quit because he's not treated special

Posted

What's a TET? is it after TRI?

Posted

Man am I glad I don't obsess over gear.

Posted

What's a TET? is it after TRI?

think its 4 yes?

Posted

it's ok i failed my PEN too. 

Posted

think its 4 yes?

Holy shit! Why would anyone wanna go beyond that?? O.o 

Posted

well if i had an extra one then i would try it. He was pretty damn lucky to even get the levels he had, sure maybe he was a nolifer but still RNG could have still been -----ing him to this day with 0 tris

Posted (edited)

cuz if u don't go for PEN on ur TETs ur a cuck

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

cuz if u don't go for PEN on ur TETs ur a cuck

got that mansion yet?

Posted

This just shows that this game is just full of Fail, no matter the level :D 

Posted (edited)

got that mansion yet?

I spend 30 minutes trying to cuck the entire pirate faction by myself and now i never hear the end of it. 

EDIT:
in retrospect "the entire pirate faction" consisted of like 22 people so I guess i probably should have succeeded

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

then u suck more then i thought.

lmao

Posted

Orly? I guess the tumbleweeds won't care about broken mechanics and empty dev promises.

How many players does a game need to be successful or simply good? Until you can answer that, i'll keep telling useless players to leave.

Posted

How silly. Should have waited for Cron Stones.

cron stones dont remove RNG...

You will spend enough in cron stones to buy the item youre not destroying.

AND it will de level the item on failure.

1 - thank you for putting your gear and armor on the market place rather than make a vid deleting everything.

2 - RIP about your tets

3 - Glad it wasn't on Edan cause I would have lost my shit if I slept through that. (I need market place app on my cellphone asap)

happens on edan almost daily lol

Posted

thats what happens when you get too greedy

Posted

How many players does a game need to be successful or simply good? Until you can answer that, i'll keep telling useless players to leave.

Posted

Cron Stones are already in game and it seems they can still degrade your item.

cron stones dont remove RNG...

You will spend enough in cron stones to buy the item youre not destroying.

AND it will de level the item on failure.

Still better than starting at 0

Posted

If he was a serious about his rage quitting he would've deleted the gear instead of selling on the marketplace for pennies on the dollar.

Posted

I LOVE BDO!

It teaches you how to be CONTENTED and be happy for what you already have.

It theaches you how crap smells.

Posted

It theaches you how crap smells.

I LOVE BDO!

It teaches you so many things in life. Be glad they are part of molding you into maturity.

Posted (edited)

Damn, that really sucks. More interesting though is all the responses of either malice or trolling. Thumbs up people, don't make gamers seem like petty assholes or nothing.

The system is overly risky with little to no reward, and sadly is the only way to "progress" outside of life skills or completionist tasks. 

A silly thing to do. I'm sure he was planning on quiting anyhow. 

How is playing the game silly? Cron stones give a 30% chance to down grade. This game has become a meme, "Yo dog I hurd you like RNG, so I put RNG in your RNG, so you can RNG while you're RNGing."

This is wat you get without pay to win.

What do you actually want, 100% safe enchant on everything?

So farming for hours, days, weeks, or months to upgrade an item only to have that time and effort ripped from you is what you want? I don't understand this masochism.

Odds are, most players will fail more than 4 attempts before getting TET. Their failure was completely expected and normal. I'm glad if the person only did this before quitting anyway.

It's only terrible for those players who think they need or are entitled to TET/PEN gear. The enchanting system is very open ended so players will always have something to work for. If the caps are easy to obtain the games lost something.The system doesn't exist so everyone can reach TET/PEN. Rage quitting over this is like doing something extreme in real life because you didn't win the lotto. 

An MMO doesn't need everyone to play. It needs the players that enjoy the game for what it is, not what they wish it to be. Those players constantly trying to change the game or being angry all the time for what the game actually is... can quit and never return. The game is better off without them, not worse.

The fact this is a normative in BDO is an issue for the mainstay of Western gamers, not all, but most, and if BDO wants to be a niche game it's doing a fine job at that. Where is the risk vs reward? I see nothing but risk in this game when obtaining gear, and next to little or no reward.

You paint a broad picture and brush everyone who doesn't think like you in one stroke. Group think is moronic, look at things from another's perspective, and realize people aren't wrong for not liking such a heavy handed and over reaching system, and that doesnt make them entitled, and most certainly is a necessity at some point to compete in PVP when gear plays such a huge and pivotal roll in GvG, Node, Siege, and Conquest.  You bash someone for being frustrated? Aren't you a big man.

No, but a successful MMO wants a good if not great concurrent player base. Games change, fact of life, quality of life implementations happen, and only a traditionalist or conformist wants the status quo to remain until their dying breath. Acting like changes shouldn't happen is short sighted, and you certainly don't have to like them, no one does, but change can is a good thing at times.

Edited by Artigan
1 person likes this

Posted

haha if it works he would be like look at me I got tet but it failed and now he cries and left. Why would you roll it if you can't stand it?

1 person likes this

Posted

So farming for hours, days, weeks, or months to upgrade an item only to have that time and effort ripped from you is what you want? I don't understand this masochism.

I want a game where everything i do brings me closer to some goal. All the games where you get max gear and stats quickly are boring to me. Reaching +18/TRI is my goal in Black Desert when it comes to all my gear. Once that's achieved i'll make duplicate items and attempt some +19/TET. I'm not going to quit over the low RNG chance to succeed. I accept this and over time i may get one or two depending on how much I play and how many lotto tickets I buy. Clearly some players have unreasonable expectations about their chances at getting +19/TET or higher items. So when those expectations are not met they get unhappy and often angry. This is where players also start to show how entitled they feel. They may even rage post on the forums. Those feelings bleed out over every aspect of Black Desert in negativity. 

Now, you can say that rage is the games fault because the systems are too punishing but I see it differently. The systems are open ended to allow players to have a goal at all times unlike many other games with a very clear and reachable end in sight. 

I want the risk of failure and loss, as do others I know. Without some risk there is no value in the successes. The risk of gambling on RNG is not much different than players who want to loot corpses. You can argue one is skill but that's never entirely true. Regardless, in this case skill is just the medium to achieve your goal. Perseverance and determination are qualities players need to continue and reach their goal when RNG isn't kind to them in Black Desert. I understand you clearly feel the game is too punishing, that's your opinion. If anyone doesn't like the kind of game BDO is, they're free to find another game they enjoy. I just wish they'd stop freaking out about everything while they're starting to realize the game isn't for them.

The fact this is a normative in BDO is an issue for the mainstay of Western gamers, not all, but most, and if BDO wants to be a niche game it's doing a fine job at that. Where is the risk vs reward? I see nothing but risk in this game when obtaining gear, and next to little or no reward.

So you're saying the majority of Western gamer's want an easier game with a higher RNG success rate? I'm sure myself and others have said this would be the case long before the game was released in NA/EU. It's also not surprising so many players couldn't handle the punishing nature of Black Desert and quit. None of these things makes Black Desert bad, they make it different. The audience that wants the kind of game Black Desert is are getting something they enjoy... end of story.

No, but a successful MMO wants a good if not great concurrent player base. Games change, fact of life, quality of life implementations happen, and only a traditionalist or conformist wants the status quo to remain until their dying breath. Acting like changes shouldn't happen is short sighted, and you certainly don't have to like them, no one does, but change can is a good thing at times.

No, a successful MMO reaches whatever goals the developers set for themselves. Maybe it's X target of revenue or maybe it's a hardcore grinder that kills you in RL when you die in game. Some players keep defending the changes they want for BDO by claiming the game will have more players, thus more revenue, and be more successful because of them. First of all, they don't know this to be true, and second, they're applying their own idea of success to the game. I'm pretty sure they don't speak for the developers.

Did I ever say i didn't want the game to change or evolve? I probably want different changes than you do, that doesn't mean i want the status quo to remain until my dying breath. Change can be a good thing, and it can be a bad thing, what's your point? We must look at each change and decide for ourselves if we like it or not, support it or not. So because i can handle/enjoy the punishing RNG and you do not... I'm being short sighted or want the status quo to remain till my dying breath? I don't think so.

Do you realize there is a difference between wanting something to change that is forced on you like your government versus a game you are free to buy and play yourself?

You paint a broad picture and brush everyone who doesn't think like you in one stroke. Group think is moronic, look at things from another's perspective, and realize people aren't wrong for not liking such a heavy handed and over reaching system, and that doesnt make them entitled, and most certainly is a necessity at some point to compete in PVP when gear plays such a huge and pivotal roll in GvG, Node, Siege, and Conquest.  You bash someone for being frustrated? Aren't you a big man.

If you think I'm brushing someone aside you better show me where I've done so. I'd like to think I don't brush anyone aside who doesn't deserve it. I've proven myself quite capable of looking at the issue from other perspectives. Where have I said players are wrong? I've pointed out many times what players say the game is doing wrong is instead something they do not like. That doesn't mean I'm saying their personal preferences are wrong. 

If someone feels gear and stats are a necessity to compete in PvP I hope they understood this before playing BDO. So by buying and playing the game they've accepted this reality. If those players fail to reach their goal, it's entirely on them, not BDO. When those players blame the punishing systems instead of looking at their inability to reach those goals, they sound entitled. 

Players are buying Black Desert and getting upset that it tastes like an orange and not an apple. There is a MASSIVE difference between a player who looks at what Black Desert is currently and those looking at BDO for what they want it to be. Are you saying it's correct to want that orange to taste like an apple? Especially when players can go buy or keep looking elsewhere for an apple instead?

TLDR: I'm going to alt+tab now and enjoy my orange. Please don't turn it into an apple while I'm away.

2 people like this