• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Riding the Wind

16 posts in this topic

Posted

hey is anyone using this skill? I was messing around and testing all skills, but when you pick "Riding the wind" (double jump) I didnt find a way to spam shotgun anymore. could only use it after a wotw one time, then if you press LMB you continue with the double jump skill... its really cool but kinda useless? someone found a way to use it without making shotgun non spammable?

Posted

This statement is correct. You can use the riding the wind effect if you take Extreme Evasive Shot and do not take Riding the Wind.

Posted

You can't hold space anymore to spam shotgun if you take riding the wind.

You need to time and press it at the right time, then you won't jump around like a clown :D

I reseted the skill instantly.

3 people like this

Posted

This statement is correct. You can use the riding the wind effect if you take Extreme Evasive Shot and do not take Riding the Wind.

ohh okay so it is same skill :P been using that one then since launch xD 

Posted

In the skill description is says that "Riding the Wind" should activate when you use SPACE and A or D while in the AIR. It should not activate when you press SPACE on the ground. I feel like riding the wind interfering with shotgun must be some kind of unintended glitch. 

From a design standpoint, why would they make a skill as fun as "Riding the Wind"  which adds so much mobility and goes so well with the theme of rangers, only to make it unusable because no one in their right mind would give up the most effective way to activate shotgun. 

the skills interfere with each other. This should be fixed :D 

3 people like this

Posted

In the skill description is says that "Riding the Wind" should activate when you use SPACE and A or D while in the AIR. It should not activate when you press SPACE on the ground. I feel like riding the wind interfering with shotgun must be some kind of unintended glitch. 

There is more than just one way to cast a skill.

You can transition from Evasion Shot into Riding the Wind. Since the side step after each U/SP:CW is Evasion Shot, you simply use one of the ways to cast Riding the Wind.

You can also still hold down spacebar to cast U/SP:CW, just need to tap WASD then.

Posted

There is more than just one way to cast a skill.

You can transition from Evasion Shot into Riding the Wind. Since the side step after each U/SP:CW is Evasion Shot, you simply use one of the ways to cast Riding the Wind.

You can also still hold down spacebar to cast U/SP:CW, just need to tap WASD then.

the problem is that we DO NOT want to cast riding the wind, we want to cast shotgun. Riding the wind Directly overtakes the command. If you press space and A or D u will use riding the wind regardless of you being in the air or not. 

Can u see how this is rather annoying? No wonder no one even uses this, for such a cool skill that gives us so much mobility no one recommends it. 

If only they changed it so that it only activate when you are airborne like it says in the skill description then i would 100% take this skill

Posted

You can't hold space anymore to spam shotgun if you take riding the wind.

You need to time and press it at the right time, then you won't jump around like a clown :D

I reseted the skill instantly.

lol just like what I've done x)

Posted

Can u see how this is rather annoying? No wonder no one even uses this, for such a cool skill that gives us so much mobility no one recommends it. 

No, I can't. You can use U/SP:CW regardless of Riding the Wind easily, I'm having RtW skilled ever since and it never bothered me once.

Riding the Wind is not used often as the stamina consumption is too high, it offers no iframes, we can't use it to get past player hitboxes and the only skills we can chain it into are Evasive Shot jump (which consumes even more stamina) and the arrow volley that got its damage reduced. And for mobility sake I rather use Blasting Gust cancel to move forwards/backwards.

Posted

No, I can't. You can use U/SP:CW regardless of Riding the Wind easily, I'm having RtW skilled ever since and it never bothered me once.

Riding the Wind is not used often as the stamina consumption is too high, it offers no iframes, we can't use it to get past player hitboxes and the only skills we can chain it into are Evasive Shot jump (which consumes even more stamina) and the arrow volley that got its damage reduced. And for mobility sake I rather use Blasting Gust cancel to move forwards/backwards.

Exactly. But then, why you have it skilled? :D

Posted

Exactly. But then, why you have it skilled? :D

Climbing invisible walls with it and other bullshittery things I shouldn't be doing.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure riding the wind lets you jump twice, against EES's 1 jump after EES itself. (not 100% sure though)

Either I'm right or not, I wouldn't want it, jumping takes too much stamina.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

you can cast it while  having riding the wind, but to do so you would have to let go your directional keys. Doing that after EVERY SINGLE  SHOTGUN -.- i needlessly troublesome. 

Also u can cast riding the wind from call of the  sky....and you can  cast the jump portion of ultimate evasion out of RTW so basically 

Call of the  sky > Ride the Wind > Ultimate Evasion Jump. 

and if you  have the Flow skill that lets  you do EES while in the  air you can  do 

Call of the  sky > Ride the wind > UE jump > aerial EES for even more airtime 

i can go from end to end of the  heidel arena without touching the  ground. 

Am sorry but that is -----ing amazing :P 

Posted

i can go from end to end of the  heidel arena without touching the  ground. 

Am sorry but that is -----ing amazing :P 

And how is your stamina?

Posted

And how is your stamina?

Honestly i haven't really done strict tests so i cant tell you exactly how much stamina it all consumes. 

However. you can initiate the call of the sky by pressing space after charging kick, since charging kick W+F doesn't consume stamina or mana you can kind of economize. 

if the stamina spent is between 400~600 then its  fine considering how much ground you cover. 

However, i feel like it shouldn't  matter anyway. Riding the Wind or doing double and triple jumps in general feel completely visceral. Like one of those HELL YEAH moments. It is a shame that maybe 1% of archers use this. 

Posted

Should consume ~830 ( 250 CfS, 200 RtW and ~380 from Evasive Shot jump) stamina after those 3 skills, though I'm not sure how you chain RtW after CfS.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0