• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[IC] Stories Around the Campfire [Open]

162 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Open RP, join in whenever you feel it's appropriate!

Just to make it easier on new readers, here's what's happened so far:

Once upon a time there was group of adventurers sitting at a campfire just on the outskirts of town. More and more came to sit at the fire and share their company and a laugh. It was a peaceful gathering full of weary travelers who either didn't want to go into town, or couldn't get a bed at the inn. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to share tales from around the world, when suddenly...

A PIRATE jumped into the group, giving a cheerful introduction before running off, being pursued by a couple of navy soldiers. A bit stunned, the group looked after them as they ran off, when the red headed woman of the group got up and chased after them. A couple more decided it would do well to follow along. Both soldiers were brought down quickly enough and the group returned to the fire, the pirate joining them. They shared a couple laughs and a few more exchanges of words before suddenly....

A wild BEAR had appeared! Aghast in shock, they had to act fast! A arrow struck one of it's shoulders - it was super effective! With a second shot, and a little help from some magic, the bear was struck down. Once it was dead it became apparent that it was sick. Mange matting it's fur and some froth coming from it's mouth. It must have attacked them in desperation.

The group once again settled down and a few more joined them. The night was once again peaceful and everyone could relax once more.

Or could they?

Going to destroy my backspace button, had to rewrite this three times!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((( Yes, I know Gr apes is split, because if I spell it G-----s it has a whole bunch of dashes in it. >.> ))

A group of people sat around a campfire set on the outskirts of town. The night was dark and chilly, but the warm fire was inviting - as well as the smell of stew that sat boiling on the coals.

A woman was leaned toward the others, in the midst of telling a story. Her hair was a fiery red and a bit damp as if she'd gotten drenched somewhere earlier that day. She wore a long green cloak that was wrapped around her, though it did little to keep the chill away as it too was damp.

"So there he was, the Cap'n," she began. "Clad in his navy blue coat, boots thumping loudly on the hard ground. Darkness closed in as the sun disappeared behind the mountains. Every step seemed to grow louder as he ventured closer and closer.

He could hear his ship, Patricia, rocking in the waves behind him. As long as a certain elf didn't pull the sails open, he knew it would remain there on the grey shore. He continued forward. Closer, closer. He paused, thinking he had heard something.

He looked left.

He looked right...

Nothing.

He continued forward, the trees and bushes were thickening, it was getting ever so hard to keep his boots silent amongst the twigs and foliage. Still, he had gone too far to turn back now. They were nearly there, in his sights.... within his grasp...

The Gr apes.

Quick as a flash he began picking the purple fruits, bursting with over ripeness and stuffing them into his pockets. There was no time to lose, he had to get as many gr apes as he could before being caught. His heart pounded inside his chest, sweat beaded upon his brow. He cleared one bush, now onto the next. He picked gr apes as fast as he could, every other one popping into his mouth and bursting in pure sweetness as his teeth tore into it's delicate flesh.

His pockets were full, bursting. The Cap'n, his job done, began to turn and leave the way he came, when he saw it.

The largest gr apes vine he's ever seen in his time! It was so beautiful, tears tried to form up in his eyes, attempting to smear the dark eyeliner that shielded his eyes from the ocean sun. He couldn't leave so many beautiful, succulent gr apes there... someone else would pick them, someone undeserving. He pulled off his coat and put it aside. He tore his shirt off over his head and tied the sleeves together. He put his coat back on, and began picking, and picking as if his life depended on it! ...It did depend on it. He must have those gr apes. They were his. His. His! HIS!

Once every last gr ape had been picked, he threw his shirt-sack over his shoulder, and began stalking out the way he came.

Those gr apes were never seen again."

She paused and looked at those around her's reactions.

Edited by Caelinmarie

Posted (edited)

"...Question."

Jeri held two fingers up, pressed together. In truth, she didn't know any of the people assembled and had only sat down as the story began...it wasn't every day you were invited to sit amongst seasoned (assumed, anyways) adventurers, and the young woman wasn't about to let such an opportunity lip by!

"Who is this Captain? Where did he go? Why was he taking all of these gr@pes? If he was a ship captain wouldn't it make more sense to take fish? Wait- did he go into someone's vineyard?" she took a breath and seemed quite ready to bombard the poor storyteller with questions...

...but instead she closed her mouth and lowered her fingers. Smarter move, that way- or not, "Wait- is this supposed to be a scary story? I...uh- I'm not sure you got that across..."

Edited by Rayl

Posted

The red haired woman froze and stared at the woman as she bombarded her with questions, soon biting her bottom lip and leaning back, as if she wanted to hide. "It was supposed to he funny!" She cried out angrily, glaring at the woman. "You lot just don't have any sense of humor." She grabbed a stick, poking at her fire. "Hmph! I shouldn't -have- to explain a joke." 

The red head was greatful for the dark of the night and the shadows on her face. She was blushing beat red.

Posted (edited)

Corwin places a log on the fire to keep the fires going. with a small chuckle he sits down on the opposite side of the red haired woman. He removes a cylinder piece of wood from his bag, and then places it down, using the backpack as something to lean against. The glow of the fires flares up the clear Amber eyes, as the light reflect slightly in the knife he would have drawn from boot. Starting to carve the wooden cyllinder. He looks to the frustrated red haired woman for a short moment before speak.

"I thought it was fun... Maybe not fun enough to make me laugh... but, fun still."

He continues to work on the cyllinder. After a little while it is more apparent what it actually is. A flute.

Edited by Wolfspirit1993

Posted

"I'm- not sure what's so funny about stealing food from a hardworking farmer." Jeri was oblivious to the other woman's embarrassment, reaching into a pouch to her left to reveal a nice, plump apple.

"Where I am from, we usually take thieves who enter our village and tie them to the docks, so the waves splash and keep them up all night."

She rubbed the apple against her shirt before taking a bite; nice a crisp, enough so that you could hear her chew as she continued to talk," Then someone eventually *MUNCH MUNCH* runs to the nearest town to get a guard to pick them up. Two day trip total *MUNCH MUNCH* from to the town and back." As she spoke, bits of apple would occasionally go flying like shrapnel...pities to anyone to the sides if she looked at them as she spoke. Another bite, just as crispy. One of the tart-kinds of apples, too, you could tell from the color; the flames showed the apple to be a greenish color...likely picked from a roadside tree on the way to town.

"I remember this one time when I was eight- *MUNCH MUNCH* caught an outsider stealing from our winter stores *MUNCH MUNCH* it was Tuesday, so the sailors came back from their trip along the coast... *MUNCH MUNCH*" She absentmindedly waved the apple in Corwin's general direction as if to offer him a bite of it...before taking another herself, "Started to gut the fish... *MUNCH MUNCH* ended up with fish guts at his feet... *MUNCH MUNCH* people laughed so they threw more at him... *MUNCH MUNCH* not saying it was nice but it happened- OW!" Jeri bit her tongue then, sticking it out to check how bad it was as the mostly-finished apple tumbled down and into the dirt. A few taps to check how much her tongue was bleeding before closing her mouth...and likely to the relief of some of the people gathered.

------------

(Alas poor apple, I knew it Horatio. A fruit of most infinite flavor; of most excellent taste.)

Posted

Looks at Claire and shakes his head "Perhaps not talking with your mouth full, would be a better idea?" He forms a teasing smirk before returning to finish the flute's carvings.
Putting the knife back into boot, he pushes himself of his bag with the elbow, and leans towards the fire. He prods the flute into the flames a few times, letting the embers fly towards the sky. Taking the flute out of the fire it would have gotten a slightly darker hue. He smiles to himself, starting to rommage through the bag again, mumbling to himself

"Now where is it?..."

Having his back to the others he raises his head and looks to Claire over his shoulder with a raised brow "And why did you catch a thief when you were eight, and not the grownups? or did you explain that while you were chewing?"

Posted

"Just a night of having the sea spray in yer face?" The red headed asked, flicking a stray bit of apple that had landed on her cheek away and looking at Jeri, a smirk on her lips. She has cooled down from her initial embarrassment and had her two coins to put in. "When I first joined the Cap'n's vessel, it took me months to sleep with the spray continuously warfing up onto deck. A day on the doc's is nothing to that. Besides, any -worthy- bandit would be able to find a way out of that mess. Sea spray eats at hemp when it's exposed too long - and I'd bet anything that yer folks used the same rope over and over, hm?"

1 person likes this

Posted

Corwin looks over his over his other shoulder, looking at the red haired woman after finding a small glass jar, It's content appearing as thick liquid. "So, you're a pirate eh? A bandit, a sailor of fortune?" he smirks as he turns around, facing the fire once more. He opens the jar, and scoops some of the liquid from it, up with three fingers. His eyes set on the red haired woman with a curious gaze, awaiting her to answer. Meanwhile he would be rubbing the liquid into the wooden flute. 

Posted (edited)

WRITER'S NOTE: My bad! Claire and Jeri are two temp-names for the same character. <___<;

-----------------------

Jeri went back to checking her tongue (one can never be too careful, especially when this was not an uncommon occureance for the woman), though this did not stop her from attempting to respond to Corwin," No, I was just eight at the time." However, given she had her tongue out and was checking it with her hand, that came out more like "Nnth, I wath jus eeeyth ah th'ime."

"Whn ih haphen, ahwahs." ("When it happened, anyways.")

...she went on a bit more, likely explaining that part but one could hardly understand given how quickly she was talking.

After being quite certain that her tongue wasn't missing any chunks, she let go of it and kept on talking, "We are a small village with nowhere else to put bandits or other peoples who come to do bad things. The Chieftain had the blacksmith in the next town over make a great chain for the Prison Pole; that's what we started calling that part of the dock, anyways. Not a fan of thieves, no he was not. He would probably use them to bait bigger fish if we let him...don't know what happened to the thieves when the guards take them away. Prison, I suppose?"

Jeri, as she spoke, began to look over Corwin's shoulder as he started to rub some sort of...eh...stuff, into the flute...which, in all honestly, she did not realize to be such (an eye for instruments she had not) and was attempting to guess (and be worried by) just what he was up to when he asked the red-haired woman a question which caught her fancy.

...however, if you give Jeri inspiration for a question, she'll probably have seven more to go along with it:

"So you are a sailor, then? Wait- was the captain in your story your captain? Stealing gr@pes from the hardworking farmer? I've never actually been out to sea, even though I'm from a fishing village...you ever see a whale? I've heard stories of large one that eats ships..."

Edited by Rayl

Posted (edited)

((Gr@apes is a great alternative, thanks.))

The red head didn't answer a moment, watching as the man worked the oil into the carved flute. She cleared her throat and straightened herself up. "A pirate? Nah, we're Privateer's lad. Would never stoop down to Piracy, no sir, not my cup of tea." She grinned widely, leaning back onto her hands and crossing her ankles. "Yes... Ahem, I mean, aye lass, I am a sailor. The captian? Uhm..." She hesitated, tilting her head. "I made up the story you see.." The clearly forced accent she'd been up keeping faltered on her for a moment. "The captain is obsessed with gr@apes..." She cleared her throat again. "Though I wouldn't put it past the cap'n to steal a whole vineyard's worth!"

Edited by Caelinmarie

Posted (edited)

Corwin finishes working the oil into the flute as the wood, suck the oil in. He holds it close to the fire to let the oil instrument dry properly, seemingly smilling more at the barrage of questions comiing from Jeri. He leans back, wettening his lips, and gives the flute a blow to see if the air would pass through. Truely enough it does, and soft whistle fills the air for but a moment. " So, a privateer? Working for you region, I suppose? A young lass as yourself should be more careful on the ocean." Corwin leans back, the light from the fires giving his smile a sinister flare. "Out there on the ocean, there be monsters in fish scales... you may even know the tale of  The lady at sea." ´His gaze fixated at the Red haired lady.

Corwin places down the flute, drying the rest of the oil on his hands into his britches. He then looks to Jeri, "and whales be splintering ships, not eating them... unless they are in the way for their original prey."

Edited by Wolfspirit1993

Posted (edited)

"So...let me get this straight:" Jeri held up two fingers again, pressed together; must be a village thing.

"You work on a boat and show people your privates while the captain may or may not steal gr@pes?"

...it would go without saying to those assembled, then, that the young woman did not know the meaning of the word 'privateer' and had started to get a strange mental image in her head...thankfully Corwin had tested out his flute at this point which caused Jeri to swap her attention to that. Oh. He was making a flute...that explains the holes in it. She had started to get the impression may have been working on the handle of a fishing rod...albeit a flimsy, hollow one.

"I'd be worried on a boat too if I was a privateer on a boat with lonely fishermen." she nodded in agreement with the man, then another nod to his comment about whales. Good to know, that.

------------------

(I am a horrible person and I regret nothing.)

Edited by Rayl

Posted

The red haired woman opened her mouth to answer the man's question before the woman had blurted out her own questions and statement. She stared at the other for a long moment, trying to find words around the complete and utter astonishment. "I don't- It's not... That's not how- I-... ah.." Once again she blushed a deep red, hidden in the dark shadows of the night. "Th-that's not what I do!" She spat out, leaning forward toward her. "A privateer is someone who works for hire be it for their order, their city, their self - it doesn't matter! You don't go around flashing your -Privates- to the world! That's plain disgusting how does a human's mind even go in that direction so quickly I mean there isn't even some self respect in that it's a positively disgusting thought! I-..." She cut off suddenly, for a lack of breath and also realization that her very unpracticed accent had quickly faded away into something a lot more proper. She took a deep breath, leaning back away from the woman and shaking her head. "It doesn't matter..."

1 person likes this

Posted

Corwin would burst out in laughter, after the red haired woman's accent fell nothing short of a proper educated lady, in her outburst. "Hahaha! Well, that's one proper educated 'Privateer'. Normally a man or lady of the sea wouldn't mind showing a bit of skin." He smirked, as he waved the flute a bit in a taunting motion. "Naah, weeks at sea takes away the embarrasment. Hardens the heart, and strengthens the legs." Corwin would appear to start studying the womans features in depth, scratching his beard with the new flute he had made. "Hmmm, so you are a scholar perhaps? A writer, seeking first hand experience to write your stories... Or perhaps a noble, dreaming of a life outside your parents pushing for wedlock and 'how to' and 'how not to'." 

Corwin looks to Jeri and winks. "Perhaps she can tell us another story? About a badger and a bear"

Posted

"Well- a profiteer is someone who profits on something so I figured a privateer was someone who made use of or profitted off of their p-" Jeri jerked her head back at the reaction received yet was not at all phased herself, before tapping at her chin-scar thoughtfully, "...you are talking differently now? Are you some sort of performer, then? Like the circus, but on a ship? A strange place to perform I would think given how a boat would rock so on open waters..." the village girl was confused at this point; between making a mental note that privateers were, in fact, not harlots, concubines, or prostitutes of any sort and the fact that the woman before her was putting on some sort of act or other.

She nodded aside to Corwin, "I've never seen a circus performer before...but I'd still say she is a performer of some sort- perhaps not as I first thought but I was close, in a way? Maybe?"

Posted (edited)

"No no lass, a Privateer is a person who sails under payment for their contributor. Often a Privateer is hired by, or through nobility." Corwin tilts his head at Jeri. In fluid motion letting the flute point towards her. "However a privateer is also most prone to turn into pirates over some sort dispute... Heck it could be cause of the last bottle of Rum, or orange in the Cargo". He smirks with a knowledgeable look in his eyes, before leaning back against the bag, wetting his lips and placing the flute to his mouth. Softly but accurately he starts to play a few tunes, reminding of music, you might find near a harbor. His legs crossing, one foot stepped in the ground the other dangling slightly to the playing tune.

Edited by Wolfspirit1993

Posted (edited)

As the man studied her, it'd be more clear that she was clearly embarrassed, leaning back away from the two as they pondered over her. Her face was hardly one that seemed sea hardened at all. If she was a sailor like she claimed, it hasn't been for very long. The fire flickered it's reflections in her green eyes, bright enough that even in the orange glow of the campfire it was clear what color they were. As the woman shifted her position, a few strands of hair fell into her face, on the side parting to reveal only the slightest of pointed ears. She began to think of what to say, and how she should say it before sighing a breath of relief when the man began to play his freshly carved flute. She watched as his fingers danced along the wooden shaft with skill, a small smile touching her lips. She was always one to appreciate music.

OJWDeYu.jpg

Edited by Caelinmarie

Posted

Delilah, a girl who hid herself behind her hood finally look ups as the man played his wonderful melody on his flute. Her hood dropped behind her head revealing long black hair with the reflection from the campfire and her eyes got visible and revealed a rare red color and a scar over her right eye.

The girl opens her mouth but as she was ready to say something she stopped to rethink and after a while she finally says something.

"What melody are you playing Corwin?"

She moves a little so she would be sitting a little better while she looks at the man waiting for an answer.

Posted

Corwins fingers would slow down their joyful dance of the flute-holes until it the music came to a soft stop. He looks to Delilah with a smile before answering with smirk "Heh, you should know already Delilah. It's 'Lady on the open sea'. The one I played during our last trip." He takes a deep breath, and sits up proberly once again. He looks to Jeri and the lady with the red hair. For a moment he looked seriously at them, but it would soon turn to warm friendly smile.

"Well, my name has been revealed heh... But I have yet to learn yours"

He scratches back of his head with one hand. The flute in the other hand, being nudged gently against his boot.

Posted

Jeri strove to enjoy the music Corwin was playing, but she had no ear for music; minstrels, there were none in her village. "Oh, you two know each other?" A two finger point between Corwin and Delilah, before it too dawned on her that, hey, these people had been speaking for some time and never once spoke of names!

"My name is Jeri...that's- not short for anything." Jeri. She had never liked the name Jeri...it sounded like a man's name.

Posted

"My name is Fayne," the newcomer introduces herself after Jeri does. Dressed in comfortable, durable clothes, with a dark green cloak, she almost blends into the night as she sits at the very outskirts of the firelight. Theres a long sword at her hip and a leather bag full of something on the other. A slight breeze wafts the scent of herbs through the camp. Her long, brown hair is braided down her back, and her ocean blue eyes reflect the light with a curious gaze. "I heard the music.. I hope you don't mind if I sit in?" She bites her lip, realizing she may have just tried to invite herself somewhere she might not be welcome, suddenly shy.

Posted

Corwin looks up at the newcome Fayen. He waves to her with the flute and gives her a welcoming smile "You're more than welcome to join, milady. Here we are all strangers, and all friends." He makes a slight chuckle. before looking back to Jeri nodding "Aye. One could say we know eachother. Traveled a few times together, shared some jobs and campfires".

Taking a deep breath, he scoots a bit to the side, making space for Fayen to sit aside him should she wish to. He places his fingers upon the holes of his flute, wettening his lips and starting to play another tune. A few seconds in, he raises his head, stopping the music. "I almost forgot. To put it formal, I'm Corwin Blackveil. Do keep telling your stories around the fire. I'll try to put fitting music for the mood". He nods a few times, before returning to the soft play, as the tune fills the air with an refreshing melody. His fingers dancing across the flute like a Valencian dancer.

Posted

The crack of gunfire echoes through the darkness. Suddenly a tall, slender man appears in the light of the campfire. His tatty dirty-blonde hair hangs loosely around his head, a rough stubble matures his face and his crystal blue eyes light up in the fire. He wears solid boots, rugged pants and a long trench-coat.

Glancing around the campfire he beams at the bewildered campers. “Good evenin’ to yer all!” he announces. “Draken is the name, Piratin’s tha game!” he continues. He clutches a typical pirate’s hat in his hand, its triangular base, curled up at the edges and an exotic coloured feather strapped through the cap.

Reaching into his coat he produces a playing card, the 7 of diamonds. He effortlessly flicks it into the centre of the camp. “Me callin’ card. You got a job an tha gold ta’ pay, I’m ya’ man!” he states.

Another gunshot rings through the camp. “Time is against me, so I bid thee all…” his words trail off mid bow as his eyes focus to a red-head sat at the camp. “Milady, what is such a fine beauty such as yer’self doin’ out ‘ere?” he questions, bowing towards the lady and passing her his hat. A clear bullet hole can be seen through the cap of the hat, perhaps a close call.

“Visit ‘The Drowned Sorrows’ tavern an’ give it to tha inn-keep. I’ll show yer any part of the sea ya’ wish!” he states.

Yet another bullet whistles through the camp and two blue and white uniformed men appear in the light of the campfire, both brandishing long barrelled rifles. “ya’ll never stop!” he shouts, drawing a hidden pistol from his trench-coat and eagerly firing off a shot. The two men duck for cover before taking aim to return fire. Draken is quick on his heels, turns and disappears back into the darkness, leaving only his calling card and hat behind.

1 person likes this

Posted

(( my cable cord fell off the house so I'm without internet for the time being, so be patient as I pain stakenly post with my phone and ignore the errors plox. <3 ))

The red head folded her hands in her lap, staring at the fire and content to let them share names and listen to music. It was such a calming atmosphere and she felt relaxed with her company. At least, that was until the gun shots nearly scared her out of her boots. Her hand reached for her unstrung bow out of reflex, looking for the would be threat when the tall man stormed into the group, loud and reckless. 

When the man clear as day stated he wad a pirate, she was forced to grin. Though that grin quickly faded into a look of bewilderment when he handed her his hat. "I-uhm..." She looked over to see the two men chasing after this said pirate, and watched as he ran from them, quite amused. After they had passed the camp she placed the feathered had on top of her head and quickly stood up and strung her bow, slinging her quiver of arrows over her shoulder she chased after the three, notching an arrow onto her bowstring and aiming at one of the navy colored men's leg. She let the arrow fly, hoping to cripple him.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Fayne smiles at Corwin shyly and sits next to him, humming when he starts the music, occassionally breaking off into a perfect harmony. 

When the gunshots sound, she jumps up, standing protectively, her sword drawn in a rasp of metal. Her body relaxed but her face tense, she suddenly doesnt seem like the shy herbalist she had before... she seems confident, steady. She definitely knows how to use that sword of hers, it seems.

She catches the calling card, glancing at it curiously before dropping it like it is trash. Good pirates dont get chased by the guards, she reasons. She could find a better one if she needed.

As the man runs, she follows the red-headed woman, her sword still drawn, watching. "Well, lets just hope they dont decide to arrest you, instead." She says quietly as the woman nocks an arrow to her bow. 

((OOC - this is totally my first time rping like this. This is so much fun! Pardon any misspellings, my tablet doesnt like spelling and I dont catch them all.))

Edited by Fiain
4 people like this