• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[IC] Stories Around the Campfire [Open]

162 posts in this topic

Posted

Fiain takes the meat, turning it into her pot with water, before delicately picking up a little rock and throwing it, it hitting the knights head. (Wont leave a bruise but stings.) "Watch it. Manners are required." She takes a few things out of her bag (looks almost empty, now), tossing them in the pot too. A few moments later, it is starting to smell good.

She nods at Draken. "It should help. Rare flower, but.. a life is more important than a flower, wouldnt you say?"

1 person likes this

Posted

She-elf: ["You could not get me into the same bed even if you had keys to all the realms." ]
Konrad wipes his brow with the only free arm.
"And I do not, elf. My future's hopeless then, it seems."

As Fiain stones him, he gets hit. He does try to raise his hand to react, but is too slow to do so. He sure feels the sting a bit, but feels the insult more than the pain.
["Watch it. Manners are required."]
"Required only of men and not of women, I see?" - he simply points a finger at the tattooed she-elf.

Konrad sighs with gratitude as Corwin removes his plate, freeing him limb by limb. He makes no argument to any of Corwin's complaints, only stretches with relief and nods. Popping joints can be heard, a deep crackle of thick bones.
"Thank you. Much obliged."
Eventually Konrad is dressed down to hosen and gambeson, which he immediately opens up, exposing his sweat covered chest to the air. His arms, shoulders, and neck carry welts and black crusts of dirt and grease and rubbed off skin. The man is built like a killer. The body immediately tries to recuperate itself and heal: powerful lungs suck in a full chest of air, bringing him relief. He supports the conversation, which Corwin prompts. Without enthusiasm, if only to be polite.

"Pinned me from the start, good man. Hedge knight, landless. Formerly vassal of Valencia, Corsica province," he states flatly, "Corsica fell to a Median invasion. Fought like lions we did. Our liege has fallen. Been travelling since. In every possible opposite direction."

Posted

Glancing at Fiain he smirks. Again a strange tint to his eyes. Dropping his gaze for a moment the tint fades. “O’ course lass. One day I be returnin’ the favor!” He replies, grinning.

Staring at Konrad he smirks. “yer’ll struggle to use yer’ sword, without ya’ shoulders matey.” He replies, winking towards Em.

Flicking his card into the fire, it sticks to one of the burning logs. Strangely the card doesn’t burn or catch fire. Draken leans back on his seat and stares upwards. “this be an interestin’ night” he states.

Posted (edited)

The tattooed women snickers as the rock his Konrad. Feigning an offended look at his accusations.  "I say! Did you also lose your chivalry, along with your knighthood then?" 

She walks over to Fiain who's carefully preparing dinner. Looking at Konrad she says "Thank you for sharing your food all the same..." The tone not at all one of gratitude though. "Now then," She says rummaging through a small bag that was under her dark cloak.

"Since it looks like we can feed everyone, I can take these out and not feel so guilty." She sets down two vials of what looks like an assortment of cooking spices in front of 'chief Fiain', one is greenish small leaves and the other a small reddish powder. She also takes out three large potatoes. Taking a small knife from the lining of her boot She begins to peel, chop, and add them into the stew pot. 

As she finishes the women notices the card Draken put into the fire, with furrowed brows she says, "Remind me to never play cards with you, since you seem to have an endless supply." She'd give a friendly chuckle.  

Edited by Chi

Posted

Walks back over to the campfire giving a small chuckle at the others. "this seems like a good enough place". As he sits down he grabs a bowl of food sipping some of the contents out of the bowl. "Thank you as well for sharing your food with us, I much appreciate it"

He reaches into his bag thrown over his shoulder taking out a pouch of water taking a drink from it then returning it to the pouch. "so whats everyones story? what brought you here in the first place?" he looks around at the other people at the campfire. "For me, I was out hunting for my family, making sure everything was set and no one would bother us for the night when I saw the light of the camp"

He would pull up the hood on his black jacket embroiled with signs from his family. "Any adventures here?" he asked as he took another sip of his food.

Posted

To Em, without looking at her, his eyes lowered to inspect the arm guard's plates:
["The second arrow would have hit closer to home if it hadn't been weighted down by a card. But the beast was rendered unconscious thanks to Draken's strange magic." ]
"What job does a card have flying with an arrow?"
Konrad is oblivious to Em's race.

"Apparently, Draken's strange magic." Em answered with a shrug, eyeing the stew that is being made once again. Her stomach made an audiable growl, her stew that had been made earlier was devoured while she went off chasing the pirate, and her stomach wasn't very happy about that. She shifted in her spot, listening to the banner less knight, tilting her head a bit. 

She caught movement out of the corner of her eye and watched as Draken flipped a card into the fire. She watched as it withstood the flames, a puzzled frown on her face. She'd shake her head and groan, stretching once again and leaning back onto the ground, slipping her hands behind her head. "It's true." She said idly. "When I shoot a human, I don't aim to kill. Not normally. I could though, if the mood strikes me fancy."

Posted

Fiain grins at Chi, more than happy to step back and let Chi add more to the stew... the smell drifting through the camp is mouthwatering.

A few moments later, she takes a bowl stacked near the fire and the ladle from the other stew, and scoops herself some out, smelling it before trying it.. She immediately sighs, a happy smile on her face. "That made it perfect," she tells Chi.

She stands with her bowl and mug, going back to sit under the tree where she was before, eating happily. "Eat up, everyone."

Posted (edited)

Konrad bids thanks to Corwin when he has finished dressing him down. As soon as the torso is free, Konrad can bend and undo his own legs. If Corwin helps with that too, Konrad would whisper an additional "Thank you".
"You make an excellent squire, sir. Your brother was well cared for by your hand. What are you called?"

Once Konrad finishes his stretching, he rolls up the sleeves of his gambeson, and produces a wooden bowl and a spoon from his satchel, they are covered in dirt, so he wipes them with an arguably filthy piece of cloth, until they are barely passable to be used. He considers using water from his belt flask, but decides against it. It appears that he was running low on fresh water.

To the she-elf, he makes no comment on her stab about the knighthood, but nods to respond to her thanks.
"You don't have to like me, elf", he says almost warmly, "as long as we can survive the night."

Then, he responds to Em, and at the same time, the pirate Draken.

"Magic, huh? True that. I know naught of such things." 

He thought of saying something back to Em's elaborate description of how she prefers to kill people, just to support the conversation, but the smell of Fiail's cooking had knocked his senses out, putting the human to sleep and bringing forth the beast. The beast was hungry for a hot meal.
Recognizing a good opportunity to take his turn, he leans over the pot and scoops himself a hefty portion. Sits back down, and eats. Like a soldier. Like a wolf. Methodically, in fast rhythm. Without distraction. Almost automatically. Eyes feral, staring at the plate. He doesn't slurp or spray, doesn't waste a single drop. The taste is so much better than anything he'd eaten in a long, long while, that he has no words to comment. He simply devours it, the cogs in that mighty machine of a body start spinning, using the precious calories to repair wear and damage.

Eating, sharing a meal with strangers, he displays trust against his own trained instinct. His sword, but an inch beside him, is unattended, his hand is not on it. A token of trust every warrior knows so hard to grant. Both hands occupied, food consumed, he forgets for this moment about the dangers of life, that the food could be poisoned, that he could be strangled from behind, or robbed, or stabbed. Events of the past days have cornered the knight into a dead end. Anything, as long as it's with people. Living, breathing people. He'll take chances here, rather than there. He'd give trust, to survive the night. Food and water. Priorities.

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted (edited)

Sigilor, perched quietly upon a branch overhanging the group of gathered folk, the crackling flames of the fire and the aroma of food wafting upwards and slithering into his nostrils, making him salivate, By the blessed, how long had it been since he had eaten anything other than a hard cracker, something that even a warm cup of milk or water had trouble softening.

Tentatively, the mercenary edged further and further out to the point where he knew his weight wouldn't be supported and suddenly and perhaps shockingly, he leaned his his body backwards and fell, he legs bent just so that he caught himself and hung from the branch, the thing bending under his weight. The dark haired, scruffy faced pirate was now upside down and face to face with Konrad Knox.

"How's the food?" Sigilor asked, as if hanging upside down was normal for him, and with deft fingers lifted the bowl from the warrior's hands, a broad, genuinely friendly and cheerful smile on his face. From his back pocket he produced a spoon, a silver one. It was dented and tarnished but otherwise clean and shiny. The man dipped the utensil into the sustenance, one spoonful and tasted.

"Eh," he commented and placed the bowl back into the other man's hands, then proceeded to let himself out of the tree, arching his back and landing on his feet. The disheveled man gritted his teeth and sat. The landing war more jarring than he hoped. His strangely keen eyes making note of those gathered.

Edited by Sigilor

Posted

Konrad's attention returned to this world's reality as the bowl was lifted. His eyes burst from calm blues into feral focused blues, ready to murder for that bowl of food.
His fingers tensed, ready to reach for the sword, but the man was so swift, that it was over before he reacted, and the bowl was back in his hands.

The sheer insolence of the act has him stunned for a moment. But it was more important to continue eating, than to punish the knave.

Besides, Konrad understood, that a man of such skill who can move in the trees so quietly as to fool his hearing, could have killed him ten times by now. But did not.
Ergo, was here for the food as everyone else, and could be sociable.

"Who might you be, thief?" - Konrad asked between the chewing.

Posted

(( It is a shame that this thread has fallen into dust, but do not fret my friends! I am still around, and in game! You can find me on the Orwen server, and I'm always on Calpheon 2. My Family name is Caelinmaire, and my main character's name is Calenne. Not the same character as I rped with in this thread, but the one I am focusing on developing on now! Feel free to add me! ))

Posted

((I did have fun with this too! if anyone runs into me around Orwen Calpheon 2 please do say hi :D ))