• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node wars Thorns deathballs

67 posts in this topic

Posted

So, grats on the creative thinking Paintrain. RIP

1 person likes this

Posted

i will say that its laughable how daum is so misguided and desperate to appease playerbase by saying that they commend players creativity in doing something like this.

dident pa actually do something in kr to counter something like this, yet they are commending  players creativity?

this is utter horse crap lol.

Posted

LOL! This is hilarious! All these so called tough guy keyboard warriors from LC who talk so big and tough here and on Youtube. All these it's all fair in OWPVP and never give a sucker an even break mentality. The whole never go into a fair fight and if you do then you are doing something wrong. Then as soon as something doesn't go their way they actually go crying and sobbing to the devs? That makes them worse than any Carebears! Such butthurt hypocrites. LC I guess now stands for Laughable Carebears now. Good on you Paintrain for thinking outside the box and having fun! Should any LC Laughable Carebear decide to accuse me of playing favorites due to my guild, save yourself the humiliation. I'm in no guild nor plan to join one. I just find it adorable when forum tough guy keyboard warriors turn out to be the biggest crybabies of all! Git good errrr wah wahhhhh devs help us things didn't go our way!! Then the Devs say good on Paintrain!  Priceless I am so loving the salt up in here!  ;)

Posted

LOL! This is hilarious! All these so called tough guy keyboard warriors from LC who talk so big and tough here and on Youtube. All these it's all fair in OWPVP and never give a sucker an even break mentality. The whole never go into a fair fight and if you do then you are doing something wrong. Then as soon as something doesn't go their way they actually go crying and sobbing to the devs? That makes them worse than any Carebears! Such butthurt hypocrites. LC I guess now stands for Laughable Carebears now. Good on you Paintrain for thinking outside the box and having fun! Should any LC Laughable Carebear decide to accuse me of playing favorites due to my guild, save yourself the humiliation. I'm in no guild nor plan to join one. I just find it adorable when forum tough guy keyboard warriors turn out to be the biggest crybabies of all! Git good errrr wah wahhhhh devs help us things didn't go our way!! Then the Devs say good on Paintrain!  Priceless I am so loving the salt up in here!  ;)

doesn't matter how much of a dickbag community their guild is. ganking people and outnumber or using tactics is one thing, but using a exploit (thats patched out in KR for a reason) is still using a exploit.

this is from somebody who is completely seperate from the QQ storm between veritas and LC and paintrains and anybody else in the mix.

but using a exploit that literally has no counter play is about as low as it gets. dont really matter what anybody else says.

Posted

doesn't matter how much of a dickbag community their guild is. ganking people and outnumber or using tactics is one thing, but using a exploit (thats patched out in KR for a reason) is still using a exploit.

this is from somebody who is completely seperate from the QQ storm between veritas and LC and paintrains and anybody else in the mix.

but using a exploit that literally has no counter play is about as low as it gets. dont really matter what anybody else says.

It's OWPVP playa! All's fair, deal with it or get out. If we're going to go by Korea then no OWPVP until level 50. That would upset many on here and in game. Can't pick and chose. What Paintrain did was use a tactic, nothing more. Bravo and good on them for being creative. Oh and people need to stop crying about Paintrain even being there, that was a huge complaint by the Laughable Carebears. It's OWPVP gang! It sounds like for certain cases the hardest of the hardcore want OWPVP turned off and for the Devs to make BDO more like PVE WOW with arena style PVP, well when it suits them off course. LOL! Soooooo funny! 

I have no personal dog in this fight as I'm not in a guild and have turned down several invites and no member of Paintrain nor Laughable Carebears have ever went after me in game. I just laugh when keyboard commandos turn out to be the biggest crybabies of them all, the salt is delicious!  :)

Posted

It's OWPVP playa! All's fair, deal with it or get out. If we're going to go by Korea then no OWPVP until level 50. That would upset many on here and in game. Can't pick and chose. What Paintrain did was use a tactic, nothing more. Bravo and good on them for being creative. Oh and people need to stop crying about Paintrain even being there, that was a huge complaint by the Laughable Carebears. It's OWPVP gang! It sounds like for certain cases the hardest of the hardcore want OWPVP turned off and for the Devs to make BDO more like PVE WOW with arena style PVP, well when it suits them off course. LOL! Soooooo funny! 

I have no personal dog in this fight as I'm not in a guild and have turned down several invites and no member of Paintrain nor Laughable Carebears have ever went after me in game. I just laugh when keyboard commandos turn out to be the biggest crybabies of them all, the salt is delicious!  :)

siege/node wars isent  OWPVP its schedules and organized large scale pvp. pretty big difference.

so yes in owpvp alls fair , deal with it.

but people who are down right using a exploit to win in a siege or nodewar are pretty low.

atleast me personally im not argueing to turn off owpvp , or change the level requirement for pvp (i mean personally i'd prefer if they either raised the pvp level to 50 , or changed the quest to 45 from 50)

so im not sure if your agreeing with me , or disagreeing with me. but my whole argument is they should do something about people who dont place a siege tower but run in in groups of 20+ with elixir of thorns and outright preventing people from defending or attacking a fort.

Posted

siege/node wars isent  OWPVP its schedules and organized large scale pvp. pretty big difference.

so yes in owpvp alls fair , deal with it.

but people who are down right using a exploit to win in a siege or nodewar are pretty low.

atleast me personally im not argueing to turn off owpvp , or change the level requirement for pvp (i mean personally i'd prefer if they either raised the pvp level to 50 , or changed the quest to 45 from 50)

so im not sure if your agreeing with me , or disagreeing with me. but my whole argument is they should do something about people who dont place a siege tower but run in in groups of 20+ with elixir of thorns and outright preventing people from defending or attacking a fort.

The whole game post level 45 is OWPVP unless you are in the safe zone. If you want to say guilds should have a (Safe Space) from OWPVP and during siege or node wars, hmmmm fair enough but to not be hypocritical what (Safe Space) from OWPVP would you give everyone else? You can't pick and chose. You can't be a little bit pregnant. You can't demand OWPVP and say deal with it and then get upset when OWPVP takes a turn you didn't see coming. The point of OWPVP is more than just being a prick to everyone or ganking someone who is AFK, or way below your level because that person or people who you annoyed can one day come back at you in unexpected ways. So if we are going to have a hard core OWPVP game then that means that if say you or your guild rubbed someone the wrong way, ganked the wrong person then ya they can rally 10, 20, 50 or more people to join in with the opposition guild in a siege or node war and ruin your day. Tis the beauty of OWPVP.  You can't be a little bit pregnant and you can't be a little bit OWPVP.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

are you missing the whole point of my post , failing to troll or what?

im simply stating that if you dont put down a tower in sieges , you should not be able to affect the outcome of other guild's sieges.

are you  arguing otherwise or failing to understand what im saying lol.

so to reiterate , in non siege war/node war combat , like just regular old owpvp or guild wars etc.. yes alls fair. im specifically talking about people who are intentionally not placing a siege tower , but running into somebody else's war and intentionally helping one guild or another via thorn elixirs. doing this effectively makes it impossible for people to realistically attack or defend a specific tower.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

LC Got owned.

1 person likes this

Posted

are you missing the whole point of my post , failing to troll or what?

im simply stating that if you dont put down a tower in sieges , you should not be able to affect the outcome of other guild's sieges.

are you  arguing otherwise or failing to understand what im saying lol.

so to reiterate , in non siege war/node war combat , like just regular old owpvp or guild wars etc.. yes alls fair. im specifically talking about people who are intentionally not placing a siege tower , but running into somebody else's war and intentionally helping one guild or another via thorn elixirs. doing this effectively makes it impossible for people to realistically attack or defend a specific tower.

No I totally get your point as I have shown again and again and AGAIN. But can't you see how you are wanting it both ways? Here let me illustrate using ONLY Your OWN WORDS.... (Well I'll correct the mistakes) " I'm simply stating, that if you don't put down a tower in sieges, you should not be able to affect the outcome of other guild's sieges." Okay so you are asking for some honorable play, some rules of engagement as it were. But then you say " Just like regular old owpvp or guild wars etc.. yes all's fair. " ....... Hmmmm ....... Uhhh....... Houston, we have a problem. You can't have it both ways. You can't say that someone shouldn't be able to assist another guild ganging up, using thorns etc because that makes it impossible for the opposing guild and then also in the same breath say that Siege/Node wars should be completely like regular old OWPVP.

Now is ganging up with another guild and using thorns unfair? YUP!  But that's what you get in OWPVP.

Think of it like this. When 5 people gank someone fishing or gathering is it unfair? YUP! But that's what you get in OWPVP. Same thing here just on a bigger scale, the undermanned guild has become the equivalent of the ganked fisher or gatherer.

Can you use thorns on some random player in the world to mess with them in an unfair way? YUP That's what you get with OWPVP. The guild who faced the thorns is no different. Now these are all risks of an OWPVP game it just makes you the guild have to play smarter. Be ahead of the curve. Out think your opponent. My old guild in wow used to text each other all day about OWPVP strategy that we were going to use to collect salty salty alliance tears. We were very creative :)

If you want OWPVP you can't complain when it's "unfair" because OWPVP is all about "unfair". If you want outsiders to not be able to affect a guild in a siege you are, in effect asking for a "Safe Space" and those, except for towns, don't exist in OWPVP. I know you don't like it. It's simple to see why. It's easy to see why you would think it's unfair. But again unfair is what OWPVP is all about is it not? Plan, prepare for events that you can and accept the ones that you can't learn from it and move on. Best advice I can give you about OWPVP. But crying to the Devs for safe spaces in siege/node wars if you want OWPVP is just pathetic.

Posted (edited)

we have a problem because im seperating sieges with a guild war?

if you cant comprehend the difference you need to leave this thread dude lol.

if you want to have a impact in somebodys fight , you should be required to put down a siege tower, if you arent required to put down a tower to participate why the ----- would anybody put one down in the first place.

the whole premise of this is that they are SEPARATE for a reason. 

and the fact that you are trying to bring in fishing into this debate at all shows that you have no clue what the argument even is.

if you want to have a impact in a siege or a node war you have to put down a tower , thats the whole point. (and you can correct me if i am wrong on this) but from what i understand in korea they have a system in place directly to counter this, that if you dont have a fort down in an area on a node/siege war channel you are reduced to 1 hp , making it effectively impossible to do any kind of thorn elixir shenanigans.

if you have the numbers in your guild to smash somebody , then put down a fort and smash them. but you should not be allowed to call in and bribe [insert guild alliance name here] to come in with a few hundred people and give you a node for free because your opponents simply cant fight back.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

Way do you think the war is something what you have to declare? Real world wars are not like that, I do not see reason why in OWPvP game should be like that. Maybe only registred guild should be able to win the node, but participle to war over it should be everyone without any declaration.

1 person likes this

Posted

and that thought process is why any remotely contested node is always going to be filled with horse shit  cheesy exploits , and its going to ruin the one big lure to the game for alot of players.

and if you really want to get into real wars , there are rules , ever heard of a war crime?

Posted

we have a problem because im seperating sieges with a guild war?

if you cant comprehend the difference you need to leave this thread dude lol.

if you want to have a impact in somebodys fight , you should be required to put down a siege tower, if you arent required to put down a tower to participate why the ----- would anybody put one down in the first place.

the whole premise of this is that they are SEPARATE for a reason. 

and the fact that you are trying to bring in fishing into this debate at all shows that you have no clue what the argument even is.

if you want to have a impact in a siege or a node war you have to put down a tower , thats the whole point. (and you can correct me if i am wrong on this) but from what i understand in korea they have a system in place directly to counter this, that if you dont have a fort down in an area on a node/siege war channel you are reduced to 1 hp , making it effectively impossible to do any kind of thorn elixir shenanigans.

if you have the numbers in your guild to smash somebody , then put down a fort and smash them. but you should not be allowed to call in and bribe [insert guild alliance name here] to come in with a few hundred people and give you a node for free because your opponents simply cant fight back.

Are you being purposely obtuse? I brought the fisherman being ganked by 5 people in to show that OWPVP is by definition all about unfair. You are asking for special safe space rules for siege wars in a game that's OWPVP. But OWPVP means you can get jumped/hassled by anyone except in a town. I understand that you don't like outside forces getting involved in a siege and want there to be " rules of engagement " like they have to follow certain rules such as putting down a tower right? That would make siege wars more fun and improve them yes?  But then it goes back to the OWPVP fisherman who got ganked by 5 people. He can say the same thing now couldn't he? He could say fishing is a separate thing on purpose he doesn't even have a weapon equipped right? The other players should allow him to stop fishing, equip his weapon and then only when he is ready have a 1 on 1 only duel. You would scoff and call that guy a Carebear yet you are basically asking for the exact same thing becoming a Carebear yourself! Both are asking for protection and rules of engagement and both have justified reasons for asking for it. In a fair world they both would get it. But OWPVP is not fair, it's all about being unfair.

So toughen up fisherman, it's OWPVP.

And toughen up guilds in a siege war, it's OWPVP.

Guilds just can't have OWPVP on their special terms anymore than the fisherman can have OWPVP on his special terms.

Your IQ can't be so low that you don't understand this.

and that thought process is why any remotely contested node is always going to be filled with horse shit  cheesy exploits , and its going to ruin the one big lure to the game for alot of players.

and if you really want to get into real wars , there are rules , ever heard of a war crime?

And there we have it!  You want rules of engagement in OWPVP. You want special protections and safe spaces for guilds so the game will be more fun for them while stomping on the little guys. That's not how OWPVP works. That's how PVE with arena style PVP works. There guilds are protected from outside interference.

Since BDO is OWPVP and the unexpected can rear it's ugly head at the worst times, were I in a guild wanting to do siege wars I'd be telling my members to keep their eye on the prize and not to be pissing people off out there. LOL! Because the last thing I as a guild leader would want to see on siege war day is dozens and dozens of people in ghillie suits that we had previously pissed off ganging up with the opposing guild to give us our comeuppance. It could make for a bad day. But then again that's a big reason I turn down guild invites daily on BDO.

But that's a mechanic of OWPVP as it should be. Reaping what you sow and all that jazz. That's not ruining anything about the game, it's just working exactly as intended :)

Again you can't have OWPVP on your special terms, that's not how it works.

Posted

im not talking about rules of engagment , im not talking about fair and unfair , im not talking about open world pvp.

im talking about siges and node ware , which by definition are different than open world pvp. in open world pvp or typical guild wars you are fighting for grind spots or because of drama etc... and again , in those situation thare are tactics you can use that are douchy , but alls fair.

in node wars its different. if you put down a tower then yes , alls fair. if you dont put down the tower. dont dedicate the time and resources to participate in the siege/node war you should not be able to affect the outcome, again (correct me if im wrong but you have failed to do so thus far) in korea they have this fixed by reducing peoples hp to 1 if they do not have a fort down. for some stupid reason this was not implimented in na yet.

your failure to be able to comprehend the difference between all of this shows your bias. enjoy arguing with people who will take you seriously because im done trying to reason with you.

Posted

Problem is not players thought process but developers and them ill design. Best sieges in games history always had Linage 2. Is there were any limits to participate the siege? No. It was completly OWPvP where only registred guilds was able to take the castle, but even clan less players was able to join PvP.

Something like law of war was created in 1906 and since very begining nobody respect it. It is dead tractat. So I have no idea how are want to connect it with fantasy close to  middle age world.

Posted

im not talking about rules of engagment , im not talking about fair and unfair , im not talking about open world pvp.

im talking about siges and node ware , which by definition are different than open world pvp. in open world pvp or typical guild wars you are fighting for grind spots or because of drama etc... and again , in those situation thare are tactics you can use that are douchy , but alls fair.

in node wars its different. if you put down a tower then yes , alls fair. if you dont put down the tower. dont dedicate the time and resources to participate in the siege/node war you should not be able to affect the outcome, again (correct me if im wrong but you have failed to do so thus far) in korea they have this fixed by reducing peoples hp to 1 if they do not have a fort down. for some stupid reason this was not implimented in na yet.

your failure to be able to comprehend the difference between all of this shows your bias. enjoy arguing with people who will take you seriously because im done trying to reason with you.

You were done before you began Care Bear. It's super easy to comprehend. You want one set of rules for standard gameplay and then another special safe space set of rules for if you are involved in a siege war. I get it. A child could get it. But once again this isn't Burger King where you can order a Whopper your way. This OWPVP playa! No the game shouldn't set up protective safe spaces for siege wars that unless someone lays down a tower they can't get involved anymore than they should force no PVP on a fisherman until he equips his weapon and is prepared to fight. It's not different, you're just trying to MAKE it different.

And you're failing and you know it. First off this isn't Korea and I haven't seen an official link showing the 1HP rule in Korea just crybaby Care Bears like yourself make that claim, so that's moot until I see from an official source.

Once again people should be able to OWPVP in an OWPVP game. You're asking for in your own words special safe spaces from OWPVP because node wars should be "different" right? Bottom line, if Daum makes special different rules to protect siege war players then they open Pandora's box for other types of players to also request protection because what they are doing is "different" right?

You know I'm right and you know you are making a hypocrite of yourself, you just don't like it. Again you can't have it both ways. Accept OWPVP or don't. I was chatting last night with an old WOW guild buddy we were on one of the PVP servers. And we laughed at how crybaby and demanding the so called Hardcore PVPers of BDO are! For all the bashing of WOW you never saw WOW PVPers whine and cry about special rules from OWPVP and how this and that is different so they should be protected. Even Alliance PVPers would call you a puss! LOL!