• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Project Manager Fired?

172 posts in this topic

Posted

https://www.facebook.com/blackdesertpol/?fref=nf See top post: ‎Deskaexit‬

Translation:

Today is the day Deska leaves Black Desert Online.

Since december 2014 I actively participated in promoting the game among polish MMO players. We gave information, translations and published a significant number of guides for you. Unfortunately, my patience also has its limits. Because of the incompetence of the publishers, the game is dying. Many bugs, bots, hacks as well as fairytales told by the publishers caused me to believe that this game at the moment has no future.

The spirit of the game has been violated 3 times already since the time of launch. A game with atmosphere, good pvp and that something that made you able to play it for hours on end has been destroyed by Daum Games B.V.

The project manager has been fired from Daum Games B.V. due to incompetence. Most likely there will be others following soon. Regardless, I hope that my help and support have been helpful at least to some of you.

From a player, to administrator of the fansite blackdesert.com.pl and moderator of the global forum. That is how the history of Deska in Black Desert ends.

Best of Luck! :)

http://bit.ly/28RYhGG

He then claims that he still has internal sources at Daum who told him this. I am not sure how to feel about that.

Posted

wow..just wow...   xp lose nerf+sorc bug+ this=really not feeling good about how the game is going

Posted

Deska has nothing to do with Daum or PA. He was an volunteer mod, who at best, did a terrible job at it.

36 people like this

Posted (edited)

Deska has nothing to do with Daum or PA. He was an volunteer mod, who at best, did a terrible job at it.

He did provide information about upcoming stuff ahead of time several times already though. Certainly had some kind of contact with Daum.

Although I am certainly not sure how trustworthy the information is this time. But considered all the -----ups recently it might have some plausibility.

Edited by gosu

Posted

Translation:

Since december 2014 I actively participated in promoting the game among polish MMO players. We gave information, translations and published a significant number of guides for you. Unfortunately, my patience also has its limits. Because of the incompetence of the publishers, the game is dying. Many bugs, bots, hacks as well as fairytales told by the publishers caused me to believe that this game at the moment has no future.

The spirit of the game has been violated 3 times already since the time of launch. A game with atmosphere, good pvp and that something that made you able to play it for hours on end has been destroyed by Daum Games B.V.

The project manager has been fired from Daum Games B.V. due to incompetence. Most likely there will be others following soon. Regardless, I hope that my help and support have been helpful at least to some of you.

From a player, to administrator of the fansite blackdesert.com.pl and moderator of the global forum. That is how the history of Deska in Black Desert ends.

He then claims that he still has internal sources at Daum who told him this. I am not sure how to feel about that.

stop posting bullshit, deska know shit

Posted

Imo if this is legit then this is the right move.

Posted

I thought Deska already left being a moderator? (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

Posted

Usually in such positions if someone gets fired they dont leave immediately but stay for a few weeks longer due to their contracts requiring them to do so. Unless there is very waterproof cause to let go someone immediately due to a grave mistake and violation of employment contract.... Oli for example still worked for at least a month after announcing he quits.

So.... difficult to say whether this is true unless Daum confirms/denies it or nothing happens in the coming month regarding this.

Posted

Inb4 thread deleted

1 person likes this

Posted

The developer killed the game in KR. The publisher is killing the game in EU/NA, these frankenstein patches that arbitrarily take changes made to KR at seemingly random times. If you ever want the NA/EU service to catch up, you need to introduce key game mechanics like night vendor and mysterious jewelry boxes from blacksmith, and remove the money grab from field bosses / remove field bosses all together. 

7 people like this

Posted

Who is Deska? :)

2 people like this

Posted

The developer killed the game in KR. The publisher is killing the game in EU/NA, these frankenstein patches that arbitrarily take changes made to KR at seemingly random times. If you ever want the NA/EU service to catch up, you need to introduce key game mechanics like night vendor and mysterious jewelry boxes from blacksmith, and remove the money grab from field bosses / remove field bosses all together. 

What part of field bosses is a money grab since the last patch?

Posted

a mistake

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

Was a volunteer mod for a time on the forums.

I don't know if they did away with the volunteer mod program, all the volunteer mods quit, or if the ones that now exist are taking quieter roles. I believe the program arose after some members of the forum community claimed that they could do a better job moderating the forums so Daum gave them a chance at it.

Edited by scau

Posted

"The Project Manager"

Do you guys even realize there's rarely just a single project manager on any given game, and on top of it this is a position highly susceptible to changes ?

I'm working in the video games industry, just this year we had 3 PMs leaving to get replaced out of 6, it's nothing new in the video game industry, and you know, careers in general. And yes, sometimes people do get fired, for whatever the reason is, this is not in the slightest indicative of a game company's health.

I swear, the level of ignorance on these forums, people are quick to talk when they actually don't know jack shit. This is so -----ing irritating.

16 people like this

Posted (edited)

Deska was a volunteer not a PM so your PM info you linked from Linkedin is the wrong person. Anyone who knows both games knows who that is. I hope this post gets taken down, ya'll have no business posting their real info on here. Stop.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

Cold.

Up with the Volunteer Mods, most of them have been doing wonderful jobs when I've seen them around. 

Posted

Translation:

Finally.

Posted

And nothing of value was lost.

2 people like this

Posted

Was a volunteer mod for a time on the forums.

I don't know if they did away with the volunteer mod program, all the volunteer mods quit, or if the ones that now exist are taking quieter roles. I believe the program arose after some members of the forum community claimed that they could do a better job moderating the forums so Daum gave them a chance at it.

Cold.

Up with the Volunteer Mods, most of them have been doing wonderful jobs when I've seen them around. 

I know who is Deska :P

But i always wondered why he even got a Volunteer mod rank.. For real.

Then again, why would i care if this guy quits BDO.

Many other ppl left BDO aswell, shall we light a candle for all of them?

1 person likes this

Posted

who is the fired?

the PM_Belz...? or this DESKA-FAIL??

I don't understand...

Posted

I guess I'm nuts.

Since I'm enjoying the game now more than ever.

10 people like this