• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Project Manager Fired?

172 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've sometimes noticed this concept of " due to incompetence" firings in Japanese, chinese, and Eastern Europe businesses and always found it odd compared to our Spin Doctored statements at every level of management here in America.  Here in the US, we essentially never admit that

i worked 10 years for the predominant japanese operator and its embedded browser daughter company that realized i-mode to s60 & other platforms for europe as project manager during the 2000s. i´d be happy if i would have spotted any of "this concept of japanese incompetence firings" in that time. cheers. (i saw it in movies though).

Edited by Nirax

Posted

Who is Deska? :)

the unwanted stepson by the looks of it

Posted

OF COURSE some idiot has to bring up Sorc as a first post. Of course!!! Because that's more important than retarded rng, ridiculous field bosses, broken mechanics and buggy and delayed content.

Idiot...

i have no problem with the rng,the field bosses. also i dont suffer from desync.

Posted (edited)

I see next drama started here about my person . . . . 

So some clarification. I quit Black Desert, because .... this is not this same game I played at KR/JP or RU version. Our version is broken as hell. Me and many players don't like changes that happened last time's and nothing going to change soon. There are few ideas and changes that can help BDO, but ATM our version game is the worst of all. 

These and other reasons caused that I leaved the European version of the Black Desert and passing Admin right's Black Desert Poland to active player @Hazune
About PM fired >>> https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/147744131?trk=biz-overview-job-post  

Nothing more to add from my site. Thanks and hope we see in different games. 

Edited by Deska
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That says Associate PM though.

It's also no news Daum is working on bringing more titles to the West.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted (edited)

OF COURSE some idiot has to bring up Sorc as a first post. Of course!!! Because that's more important than retarded rng, ridiculous field bosses, broken mechanics and buggy and delayed content.

Idiot...

Sorc fixes are super isolated and don't affect nearly as many things as the systems you just mentioned.  ...they're also fairly simple fixes.

1.  don't create a double standard against every other Class that gets Pinned by allowing Sorcs to just teleport right out of it and out of Grabs as well.
  2. don't create other double standards against every other Class by allowing just 1 class to infinitely teleport faster than any other class with longer lasting I-Frame plus Blocking plus +30 AP boost plus EZ win Darkflame and a bunch of other less resisted CC's on top of all that.

These are really obvious loopholes in the Rule-Set and also fairly simple mechanic tweaks as well (barring any massive DeSynch voodoo bug).  In other words, they're NOTHING LIKE the other systems you just mentioned which require a massive rethinking of the entire Incentives design

Edited by iller

Posted

maybe i think that PA sees now that daum was not realy to right choice to run this game 

am always for that the game dev also run the game self 

like GW2 and warframe and wow and some more 

if i see a new mmorpg in dev and they bring it to sample Webzen i think omg why 

they totally gonna make that game a mess 

but i will see where this is going 

1 person likes this

Posted

I still don't see where is Daum to blame for things that PA does.

Posted

maybe i think that PA sees now that daum was not realy to right choice to run this game 

am always for that the game dev also run the game self 

like GW2 and warframe and wow and some more 

if i see a new mmorpg in dev and they bring it to sample Webzen i think omg why 

they totally gonna make that game a mess 

but i will see where this is going 

This has nothing to do with the Design or Creative direction of the game like Arenanet & Blizzard are rumored to butt heads with their publishers over.  These were systematic infrastructure / server scheduling and execution failures

Posted

I thought Deska already left being a moderator? (✿◡‿◡)

Forced to leave more like :)

Posted

I see next drama started here about my person . . . . 

So some clarification. I quit Black Desert, because .... this is not this same game I played at KR/JP or RU version. Our version is broken as hell. Me and many players don't like changes that happened last time's and nothing going to change soon. There are few ideas and changes that can help BDO, but ATM our version game is the worst of all. 

These and other reasons caused that I leaved the European version of the Black Desert and passing Admin right's Black Desert Poland to active player @Hazune
About PM fired >>> https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/147744131?trk=biz-overview-job-post  

Nothing more to add from my site. Thanks and hope we see in different games. 

lol pretty hilarious seeing a former daum staff saying these things. 

Posted

lol pretty hilarious seeing a former daum staff saying these things. 

He was never a staff member.  They gave moderator status to actual players which is why they had the volunteer moderator title.  However, this thread is useless as a random player leaving literally doesn't mean shit to the rest of us.  His words are nothing official and as @Tillerzz just pointed out, he's spreading rumors.  Daniel Loehr is on paternity leave.  See below:

5 people like this

Posted

RIP Deska's Reputation. 

I thought his reputation was already crap.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

but ATM our version game is the worst of all. 

Our version doesn't have:

• Direct Currency conversion to BIS gear.
  • Pay to Win mechanics other than Horse coupons
  • Russian hackers
  • retarded levels of AP scaling
  • unskilled Rangers that can 2-combo a Tank (not after this week atleast...)

Maybe at one point you were a good Moderator, but you clearly are a terrible Diplomat and Nostalgia is getting the best of you

Edited by iller
2 people like this

Posted

RIP Deska's Reputation. 

Phi, why RIP lol? when say something that you hear from " some persons" is rip? ... anyway I realy don't care about this was true or not. One thing didn't changed, bdo need to be fixed ASAP before it die or F2p version.  

Any way, have a nice playtime to everyone, hope Staff fix game asap. 

Posted

Deska has nothing to do with Daum or PA. He was an volunteer mod, who at best, did a terrible job at it.

This

Posted

Phi, why RIP lol? when say something that you hear from " some persons" is rip? ... anyway I realy don't care about this was true or not. One thing didn't changed, bdo need to be fixed ASAP before it die or F2p version.  

And you said you quit.. .Yet are still here. Confirmed full of lies. RIP your reputation even more :(

1 person likes this

Posted

RIP Deska's Reputation. 

I thought his reputation was already crap.

He was never a staff member.  They gave moderator status to actual players which is why they had the volunteer moderator title.  However, this thread is useless as a random player leaving literally doesn't mean shit to the rest of us.  His words are nothing official and as @Tillerzz just pointed out, he's spreading rumors.  Daniel Loehr is on paternity leave.  See below:

lmao this fiasco is so ridiculous i can't even stand it

Posted

*gets popcorn*

Posted

c46c9f589cc2.gif

Posted

*gets popcorn*

it's rare forum drama is so legitimately popcorn worthy. I mean since Deska used to be a team member on daum, they should probably have someone comment on this thread. 

But if they did that the shitstorm would be even more ridiculous most likely. 

2 people like this

Posted

Daum is doing a good enough job they already took care of the hackers and they're staying on top of getting rid of botters. They just need to iron out communication and stop promising/delaying things