• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Instances or No?

Instances or No   130 votes

1. 1. Instances or NO

• Instances
    • NO

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I used to play a lot of Vindictus and pretty much got a taste of all the end game content there is to do. Even though the game is instance based, (I mean all of it) it has IMO one of the best PvE combat to offer. I'm not sure but I'm assuming it would be hard to have such advanced boss mechanics roaming around in the open world, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So my question is, would you be in favor of such instances? 

Sorry if this topic & poll have been covered already, I did a search and couldn't find one. Don't r@pe me please );

EDIT. I think I worded things wrong. I'm only talking about adding in instanced content, not take away from the current open world.

Edited by EthereaI

Posted

No!

Posted

Absolutely not. Instances take away from the Multiplayer purpose of the game.

Posted

Vindictus was a good game. Sadly, it is instanced and is owned by a corrupted NA version of one of the best Korean game companies. When I first saw Black Desert, I instantly fell in love with its combat system. It really reminded me of my two favorite games that I have played in the past, Vindictus and Dragon's Nest. Unlike Vindictus, Black Desert is completely non-instanced and at the very maximum, only has fazing. (You enter a residence that supposedly has furniture. You won't have to load into that house, you simply have to wait 0-3 seconds and the items will magically appear in front of you.) You're completely wrong about the advanced boss mechanics roaming. They're completely stable and have been place into the open world flawlessly. I think everyone here can admit that if they wanted to play an instanced game right now, they would be over at Blade and Soul. One of the more popular games coming into 2016 and it's instanced.

On-Poll: No. Instances ruin the open world concept. I shouldn't have to run around the world having to load into a new area every time I get to it.

Posted

This game has no instances of any kind, and it better stay that way, or I'm going to blame you, and silently hate you, OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Vindictus was a good game. Sadly, it is instanced and is owned by a corrupted NA version of one of the best Korean game companies. When I first saw Black Desert, I instantly fell in love with its combat system. It really reminded me of my two favorite games that I have played in the past, Vindictus and Dragon's Nest. Unlike Vindictus, Black Desert is completely non-instanced and at the very maximum, only has fazing. (You enter a residence that supposedly has furniture. You won't have to load into that house, you simply have to wait 0-3 seconds and the items will magically appear in front of you.) You're completely wrong about the advanced boss mechanics roaming. They're completely stable and have been place into the open world flawlessly. I think everyone here can admit that if they wanted to play an instanced game right now, they would be over at Blade and Soul. One of the more popular games coming into 2016 and it's instanced.

On-Poll: No. Instances ruin the open world concept. I shouldn't have to run around the world having to load into a new area every time I get to it.

I wasn't talking about making everything in the game instanced. More along the lines of keeping everything currently as it is with some other instanced content. Personally, I am also in favor of non-instanced anyway. I'm glad I'm completely wrong about the advanced boss mechanics thing. Having great bosses with good AI and mechanics seems too good to be true in an open world.

Posted

Definitely not, and especially not PvP ones.

Doesn't belong in an MMO.

Posted (edited)

How-About-No-Bear.jpg

sorry but i hate instance in every way possible.

1)its immersion breaking, nobody likes being stuck on a load screen and more often then not, iv had to wait for friends cause they don't have an ssd but their comp runs the game perfectly.

2) it leads to a bad way to grind, forcing u into an instance and making u repeat the exact same set of mobs and bosses for loot in the manner that instances do, just isn't a good way to play imo

3)it creates a horrible gear standard where people get judged based on gear and clearing it the most effective way possible which is the "meta" argument which is an entire convo in itself.

4) it doesn't lend itself to the world of bdo, in bdo there is "hidden" dungeons which are like instance without the load screen and force u to compete with others for the loots, that to me is a far better mechanic and keeps people more interested then doing the same dung 10x for armor then moving to the next dung to do that one 10x for accessories ect.

there's a whole host of arguments for why not, those are just 4 off the top of my head. instead of adding in instanced places they should add more content in the world like more hidden places like a hole in the ground that is practically impossible to notice and that would lead to a whole network of underground stuff. instead of detracting from the game by adding instances, add more options in the world so instances are not necessary and subsequently, that would add to the quality of the game.

Edited by 2TheGrave

Posted

I don't want to see any instanced PvE content but I'm all for more world bosses and the like. Would be interesting to have seasonal enemies too since the regions are so large and diverse geographically.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm the minority but if they added instance content I wouldn't complain. 

Posted

The only way to have challenging PvE content that isn't a complete zergfest is to make instanced content, the best way to do so is similar to housing. Go up to the cave with your party, enter the cave and you're placed in an instance with only your party without loading screens. Doesn't break immersion, and we have content that's harder than mashing a few buttons while spamming potions. 

Posted

Instances do not belong in BDO. That's one of the great things about this game, and I hope they keep it that way.

Posted

EVERYTHING should be instanced. Combat should be like FF7. Better yet, why don't we make BDO a top down rpg like D3? What a great Idea

Posted

EVERYTHING should be instanced. Combat should be like FF7. Better yet, why don't we make BDO a top down rpg like D3? What a great Idea

It's apparent you haven't read any of the discussion or the original post, your unintelligent blabber isn't welcome here.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's apparent you haven't read any of the discussion or the original post, your unintelligent blabber isn't welcome here.

I'm glad you agree with me.

Posted

The only instance that should exist in this game is that intro phase when you first create your character.

IMO, PvE content in open world MMOs should focus more on variety and dynamic encounters over instance bosses with complex mechanics. Not that complexity should be removed entirely. Like random world bosses swooping in on certain areas like Dragon's Dogma or something.

Posted (edited)

Instances belong in Themepark MMORPGs not Sandbox MMORPGs. :D

@ Vagrant, omg Dragon's Dogma meets Black Desert = :x:x

You know they have a Dragon's Dogma mmorpg in the works?!

Edited by Kymaera

Posted

I'm the minority but if they added instance content I wouldn't complain. 

To be honest, there's a lot of thing with even minimal instanced content that would be possible.Hardcore PvE dungeons, major bosses etc could be instanced as well as equalized PvP occurences (such as a contest for people in an area, equalizing gear based bonuses, and making it more about skill)

I don't mind the game without instancing, but I wouldn't be opposed to it either.

Posted

No instance content, wait for the open world dungeons.  Then improve upon those open world dungeons and no need for instance dungeons.

Posted

I be appearing 'instance' when you barge to my 24/7 mobs farming area. I will make sure 'instance' death of your existence. 

Posted

I wouldn't care either way, in all honesty.  I'm not for them or against them, it's just a non-issue for me and how I play.

No instance content, wait for the open world dungeons.  Then improve upon those open world dungeons and no need for instance dungeons.

I really hope they do improve on those dungeons, right now they're just higher level grind spots. :(

Posted

The only instance that should exist in this game is that intro phase when you first create your character.

IMO, PvE content in open world MMOs should focus more on variety and dynamic encounters over instance bosses with complex mechanics. Not that complexity should be removed entirely. Like random world bosses swooping in on certain areas like Dragon's Dogma or something.

Truly open world bosses would be amazing, just imagine a massive dragon that roams around the entire world that needs to be shot down before being properly attacked. Unfortunately it's mostly static positions from what I've seen in just about every MMO. 

Posted

Makes me sick...

Posted

I wasn't talking about making everything in the game instanced. More along the lines of keeping everything currently as it is with some other instanced content. Personally, I am also in favor of non-instanced anyway. I'm glad I'm completely wrong about the advanced boss mechanics thing. Having great bosses with good AI and mechanics seems too good to be true in an open world.

Having great bosses with no instances is too good to be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLRjINaiOs 

Posted (edited)

Having great bosses with no instances is too good to be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLRjINaiOs 

That to be one of the worst implementations of world bosses I've seen, apart from FFXIV anyway. 

They should take notes from GW2 or Icarus (not actually sure if that Icarus boss is open world, but I guess it could be done open world too).

Edited by SammySJ