• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Instances or No?

Instances or No   130 votes

1. 1. Instances or NO

• Instances
    • NO

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Instances does not equal dungeon party finder. Where you sit in town staring at a window.

You can have instances just fine as long as you limit it to click only, AKA FF11-era. The best use of dungeons would be boss-battles/challenges that allow developers to make scripts that won't break or get unbalanced like world bosses.

Break through a long dungeon, pick up a key from the guard, and finally click on the portal to go into instance, that was the old school, way, and worked just fine.

Posted

The only way to have challenging PvE content that isn't a complete zergfest is to make instanced content, the best way to do so is similar to housing. Go up to the cave with your party, enter the cave and you're placed in an instance with only your party without loading screens. Doesn't break immersion, and we have content that's harder than mashing a few buttons while spamming potions. 

Not the only way, they could add a even bigger world so you don't got too much people running in the same places, and that is a much better solution imo.

Posted (edited)

Not the only way, they could add a even bigger world so you don't got too much people running in the same places, and that is a much better solution imo.

If the world continues to get bigger with no teleport option added you're going to need some extremely fast travel mounts which will be really unrealistic. 

Edited by Veolan

Posted

That won't really help, if "Big Bad Dragon" spawns 100km away from the city people are going to zerg down Big Bad Dragon no matter how big the map is. Now, Big Bad Dragon could spawn randomly throughout the map but that would lead to frustration as people would never be able to fight the dragon. I guess for mobs it could work, but they're easy solo as it stands. 

Posted

That won't really help, if "Big Bad Dragon" spawns 100km away from the city people are going to zerg down Big Bad Dragon no matter how big the map is. Now, Big Bad Dragon could spawn randomly throughout the map but that would lead to frustration as people would never be able to fight the dragon. I guess for mobs it could work, but they're easy solo as it stands. 

There should be multiple big bad dragons if the map is big enough, and hopefully it isn't set on a timer, hated that i gw2 where everyone teleported to the big bad dragon at set times. Here we don't have teleport either. Having to find the big bad dragon is imo what is fun instead of it spawning in the exact same location everytime.

If the world continues to get bigger with no teleport option added you're going to need some extremely fast travel mounts which will be really unrealistic. 

Why the need for  faster mounts? Imo i would love to see a bigger world and large enough to hold a huge amount of players, and with the upcoming areas it seem the world will be pretty big :D I love that i have to plan ahead with my friends to where we meet and such with no insta travel, it's one of the best things with bdo and makes it feel like a world. 

And with a big enough world there will always be possible to get into some dungeons where there is no other players atm.

Posted

You might as well have rephrased your question to... "Can we make this game completely different to the point its actually a different game" or "Idea for ruining the game" or "how to set a record for fastest killed mmo" 

Posted

You have the wrong options for the poll.  Should be 'NO' or 'HELL NO'.

1 person likes this

Posted

I also think it depends on what you consider instanced.  Archeage is open world with instanced dungeons (Serpentis, GHA, Sharpwind, BC etc). I personally don't like the mix though I would love it if Vindi did it - just not BDO.

Posted

No instances. U want instances, go for BNS