• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

0 XP Loss

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Last I heard, the GM's/Admin team said they'd "look into" possibly returning the XP loss on death. I was just hoping we could get an update from @CM_Jouska. Because people are still karma bombing, and it's constantly pissing thousands of players off. 

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

Posted

They made a feedback thread for people to vent and move on till they forgot about it. You should move on aswell.

3 people like this

Posted

Which is exactly why I brought it up again. 

Posted

Which is exactly why I brought it up again. 

Move on bby.

Posted

Use the official feedback thread.

Posted

Last I heard, the GM's/Admin team said they'd "look into" possibly returning the XP loss on death. I was just hoping we could get an update from @CM_Jouska. Because people are still karma bombing, and it's constantly pissing thousands of players off. 

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

"thousands" yea I'm sure this is affecting thousands... OH WAIT.

Posted

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

Proof?

The only thing possible will be a adjustment in maybe respawn time or location, but 0exp loss will stick.

Posted

Working as intended. 

1 person likes this

Posted

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

they said they would take feedback on the change alongside observation from the game and use it to decide further how to handle the karma system. that doesn't mean they intended to bring back xp, nor does it appear they intend to, there was a thread made specifically for this sort of feedback as well, though it was only loosely noted since 80% of it was people venting quite early into the changes. 

Posted

Most of the people I know, from all sorts of guilds on Orwen, want some sort of penalty back. Main reason you don't see people -----ing about it on the forums, is that a lot of people legit quit playing, or rarely play anymore, due in a large part to that change alone. 

Posted

XP loss change wasn't that big of a deal.  It lets people push levels when they have the time, and pvp in between, instead of having to avoid pvp (or anything where they might die) when between levels.  Pushing people out of a spot is an issue, but that can be solved other ways.  Most common is to kill them with mobs, or declare and spawn camp.  Easiest would be to tighten your rotation and just out damage them.

Reverting the xp loss change would benefit you and screw others.  A more reasonable suggestion would be to ask for karma penalty reduction to killing people.  Especially when close in levels, and if they're unguilded to prevent a declare.  Rewarding people for pvp outside of node wars seems against the dev's design ideal.  And punishing pvp seems like the direction they are moving away from.  Might as well address the other side.  Or at the very least open up more channels to hold the population bump that node wars gave, and new content will give.

The game could definitely use more fights and less crying over spawn.

Posted

Either revert exp loss and remove exp loss on field bosses, or remove karma entirely so at least one can kill over and over

Posted

make people drop 20% of the gold they got in their warehouse please <3

need more risk vs reward

Posted (edited)

Last I heard, the GM's/Admin team said they'd "look into" possibly returning the XP loss on death.

That's not what they had said.

What they said was they would investigate other means of having some sort of penalty to prevent players from running back like they currently do, such as possibly making them have to respawn in town or further from the node they died in.

The XP loss is gone and doesn't seem at all likely to be brought back.

Edited by scau

Posted

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

HELL no, is better now
PK is not real pvp, is abusive.
igf you want good pvp play seiges

Posted

Most of the people I know, from all sorts of guilds on Orwen, want some sort of penalty back. Main reason you don't see people -----ing about it on the forums, is that a lot of people legit quit playing, or rarely play anymore, due in a large part to that change alone. 

I'm on Orwen to, maybe its because the people in your group or the ones you see mostly quit. But it seems to me like Orwen is doing fine. I didnt notice a mass exodus besides people experiencing burn out and just leaving for another game.

Pretty typical for the people who reach high level quickly, they tend to find issues then leave.

Posted

The change to XP loss was a good one.  It needs to stay as it is.

Posted (edited)

Most of the people I know, from all sorts of guilds on Orwen, want some sort of penalty back.

The issue with penalty on pvp death with that game, is that, whatever the penalty it will give advantage to high lvl - geared pker over the other ppl.

Which actualy would be like encouraging "adult" to go beat somes 10yo kids.

Sure penalty death would correctly feed the god complex of the few very high lvl - super geared players, but its not "fair" for the vast majority of players.

Till that game dont offer "real" balance regarding pvp, so provide to anyone an equal change to win, no penalty will be "good"

UNLESS you apply a death penaly on pvp ONLY when attacker - attacked have around the same AP-DP. That would be only "fair" way to apply a penatly.

But that's still would be impossible to setup considering the various possibilies of  (X)X vs (X)X players. ( well possible, but certainly kinda too heavy for the servers xD )

So yeah, the best setting is to have no penalty for the pked.

EDIT : Or give an option to let the player choose if he want to have a penalty applied when he die from pvp. xD

Edited by woots

Posted

No one on Orwen that should be on Orwen, said that.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yup.. i with you.. its ruining the game.. they just want us to forget about it but we cant cuz its turned the game into grief online. i agree with the orwen thing to.. the top 4 guilds made an alliance..lol they dont like pvp i guess. i cant believe luciform crossed over to the non pvp zerg allaince..

Edited by Brutex

Posted

still waiting for that hyped "KArma 2.0" ... man what bullshit that was, probably never gona be done

Posted (edited)

the top 4 guilds made an alliance..lol they dont like pvp i guess.

Or its only show what i think since a while, thoses "top" players are coward, and agree to pvp only against "lower lvl - geared ppl" to have easy win.

And no surprise, thoses same guys want penalty on pvp death.. just to be even more sure to show how bad they pve grinded when there was no one else to annoy them because they was "the first"...

That's... "top kek"

Edited by woots

Posted

#MakeBDOGreatAgain

Where is Karma 2.0? Where was the Sieges 4 weeks after release? Where was the trade fix? Where was other millions of changes they were supposed to make BDO in NA/EU unqiue? Why are we get clones of the KR patches, but in the most illogical order possible? So many questions, DAUM answers non of them. Either they get there shit together or Starcitizen Beta is gonna be very populated come the end of the year.

Posted

Where is Karma 2.0? Where was the Sieges 4 weeks after release? Where was the trade fix? Where was other millions of changes they were supposed to make BDO in NA/EU unqiue? Why are we get clones of the KR patches, but in the most illogical order possible? So many questions, DAUM answers non of them. Either they get there shit together or Starcitizen Beta is gonna be very populated come the end of the year.

Yeah but we need to buff wizards since they don't have awakenings... #logical.