• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I think it's time to bring back penalties for dying in owpvp

71 posts in this topic

Posted

So @CM_Tytyes stated, in response to the xp loss change, that it was done to stop the higher level players from stopping the progression of lower level players.

With the recent changes to experience and mob damage/health, leveling has become so trivialized that anyone can reach level 56, which is sufficient enough to be competitive, and even get your awakening when they're released. With that being said, 1% xp is nothing to the lower level players anymore, so bringing back that penalty wouldn't work. I was getting 12%/hr at pirates as a solo lvl55 giant with 98ap. Sausans would have been even better. I think something as simple as causing considerable durability damage to the player's gear would be enough.

Say, every time a player gets killed in owpvp they lose 25% durability (just a random number, can change), the cost isn't anything special (I think it's like 70k silver for me to fully repair my broken armor), but after 4 deaths the player would be forced to go to town to repair.

There are a ton of other suggestions floating around this forum that are probably better, but regardless I think it's time to bring back some form of penalty to owpvp deaths.

8 people like this

Posted

So @CM_Tytyes stated, in response to the xp loss change, that it was done to stop the higher level players from stopping the progression of lower level players.

With the recent changes to experience and mob damage/health, leveling has become so trivialized that anyone can reach level 56, which is sufficient enough to be competitive, and even get your awakening when they're released. With that being said, 1% xp is nothing to the lower level players anymore, so bringing back that penalty wouldn't work. I was getting 12%/hr at pirates as a solo lvl55 giant with 98ap. Sausans would have been even better. I think something as simple as causing considerable durability damage to the player's gear would be enough.

Say, every time a player gets killed in owpvp they lose 25% durability (just a random number, can change), the cost isn't anything special (I think it's like 70k silver for me to fully repair my broken armor), but after 4 deaths the player would be forced to go to town to repair.

There are a ton of other suggestions floating around this forum that are probably better, but regardless I think it's time to bring back some form of penalty to owpvp deaths.

Best compromise I've seen is still force respawning in major city(Heidel, Altinova, or Calpheon only) on PK death.

6 people like this

Posted

random respawn sounds like a good idea.  i like XP loss more but stopping people from running back in 10 seconds sounds good to me.

Posted

No it's not

Posted

FU** this pvp change sucks hard... OMG

Posted

Nope.

Exp loss = desert of pvp and useless frustration.

no exp loss = funny and more pvp. and more Party exp with random. cause ppl are forced to party for good exp :P

1 person likes this

Posted

Best compromise I've seen is still force respawning in major city(Heidel, Altinova, or Calpheon only) on PK death.

Yeah that's probably a better middle ground because it only wastes the loser's time, that way no one gets butt hurt about being setback by other players ^_^. There excuse for removing the xp loss in the first place doesn't apply anymore in my opinion, so something needs to come back.

Nope.

Exp loss = desert of pvp and useless frustration.

no exp loss = funny and more pvp. and more Party exp with random. cause ppl are forced to party for good exp :P

I clearly said the xp loss shouldn't come back, rather that a different penalty should replace it, such as forced respawn at town, as suggested by @Walk.

Posted

+1 for Town respawn on pvp death, pls Daum.

Posted (edited)

Town respawn brilliant idea, that way we can kill the lower levels at field bosses just before the boss dies and watch them cry trying to get back for a loot bag, before taking the loot for ourselves, or even better know they have to travel back to their horse so we can kill them again and make them rage quit..

Or we could have it that on pvp death the killed player get's a server disconnect and is prevented from logging for 10 to 20 minutes, the punishment must lead to them knowing they are not worthy of playing the game so we can enjoy our pvp grind at susuans in peace.

Edited by Flashaha
1 person likes this

Posted

Just put like this:
Respawn on node = xp loss
Respawn on city = no xp loss

5 people like this

Posted

Just put like this:

thats really the best solution imo.

Or something like 1 free node respawn every 15-30 min, let it stack up to 3 but at 0 stacks you are forced to respawn in town, this would also prevent people with 0% exp from annoying others just for fun.

Hitting a world boss could give you a buff that lets you respawn at node as often as you want.

1 person likes this

Posted

thats really the best solution imo.

Or something like 1 free node respawn every 15-30 min, let it stack up to 3 but at 0 stacks you are forced to respawn in town, this would also prevent people with 0% exp from annoying others just for fun.

Hitting a world boss could give you a buff that lets you respawn at node as often as you want.

How does that change what the CM thought the problem was: higher level players preventing others from leveling. Making it easier for stronger players to control the best grinding spots through town respawns is just an alternative form of xp loss.

Based on the what the CM said. I think they will always favour players being unable to stop people from grinding, even if that contributes to griefing.

Posted (edited)

How does that change what the CM thought the problem was: higher level players preventing others from leveling. Making it easier for stronger players to control the best grinding spots through town respawns is just an alternative form of xp loss.

Based on the what the CM said. I think they will always favour players being unable to stop people from grinding, even if that contributes to griefing.

If they wanted that they should increase spawn rate, channels or mob density in non-top spots so everyone can grind efficiently. As long as we have limited spawns id rather have an option to fight over those spawns instead of KSing each other. IMO KSing affects groups more than solo players and the game already gives enough reasons to play solo.

The difference of town respawn (after getting PKed multiple times) compared to XP loss is that everyone would be affected equally, no endless griefing at 0% exp or huge loss when getting pked at higher lvls. Also i could imagine that losing XP is more frustrating to most people than slowing down XP gain.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

Just put like this:

What about if u are at 0% exp in your level and you just farm ? 

Posted

What about if u are at 0% exp in your level and you just farm ? 

then they could add a penalty that will make you spawn on near city everytime iinstead of having the option at node. Only for pk death, ofc.

Posted (edited)

I dont understand the f.ucking mimimi about the 1%xp loss. EVERYONE that bought the game accepted this kind of pvp penalty if he gets pkd. If the ppl dont want to lose 1% xp on death, THEN DONT BUY A F.UCKING GAME WHERE YOU LOSE 1% XP DUE TO A PK. Just buy hello kitty online or go back to wow....

Edited by Real
2 people like this

Posted

the change is only bad for people who are established heavily geared players.

the power gap for new people entering BDO is stupid high already. Making it impossible to level up in a room full of mob hogging level 57's would make the.game as inviting to new players as lava is for scuba divers.

The change is good. When I am levelled up and have some kick ass gear maybe I'll feel the same as the OP.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I dont understand the f.ucking mimimi about the 1%xp loss. EVERYONE that bought the game accepted this kind of pvp penalty if he gets pkd. If the ppl dont want to lose 1% xp on death, THEN DONT BUY A F.UCKING GAME WHERE YOU LOSE 1% XP DUE TO A PK. Just buy hello kitty online or go back to wow....

No they didnt. Half of them probably even thought that there will be dungeons and raids.

Edited by nyyyyy

Posted

the change is only bad for people who are established heavily geared players.

the power gap for new people entering BDO is stupid high already. Making it impossible to level up in a room full of mob hogging level 57's would make the.game as inviting to new players as lava is for scuba divers.

The change is good. When I am levelled up and have some kick ass gear maybe I'll feel the same as the OP.

What new players? No one will start BDO now. New players cant catch up 3 month of progression unless they are no lifer.... I donkt know a single one that bought the game in the last 30 days...

No they didnt. Half of them probably even thought that there will be dungeons and raids.

yes, and they are blind people. I cant buy a game that i absolutely dont know and then mimimi 24/7 at the forum...

Posted

What new players? No one will start BDO now. New players cant catch up 3 month of progression unless they are no lifer.... I donkt know a single one that bought the game in the last 30 days...

yes, and they are blind people. I cant buy a game that i absolutely dont know and then mimimi 24/7 at the forum...

what new players?.... Now you know (of) at least one new player who bought the game in the last 30 days. And I bought it because two of my friends bought it that day. That makes 3.

Any developer who stops trying to attract new players is shooting themselves in the foot.

Posted

Love how the more salty topics are always in PvP section.

Now they have node wars and siege wars but no, that's not enough

They want people loose exp so they can't catcp 'em up (it's easier than you think) just like a good clan of rats, eating all of 'emselves so others can't eat.

So funny :)

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Of course you can and its what these people did. They also are vocal enough to force changes. Its a common phenomenon in games. People who hate FPS play Overwatch because of hype and Twitch views. People who hate party play and grinding play a KR MMO with OWPVP features.

The existence of the internet (and particularly social media) has changed the landscape. People arent willing to accept that a game isnt for them anymore. They complain as long as they see fit because the internet gives them the ability to do so. 10 years back we simply accepted that a game wasnt for us and as a result moved on with our lives. There was no social media hype, no Twitch views, no easy way to complain to the developers about whatever minor detail.

Today every single person seems to be under the impression that their opinions are valuable, that their ideas will improve games and assure their future success. It cant possibly be that a game is not for them, it simply is a game that has a couple flaws that need to be adjusted to perfectly match their needs.

Edited by nyyyyy
3 people like this

Posted

It'd probably be best they address that power gap, right? These sort of systems always end up removed from games because it causes a negative population curve and loses the company money. It's something to remove the penalty but having an excessively high power gap is the real issue, it should be a skill gap, not a power gap.

In the end the people who complain about these changes and the people who want these changes are sort of people you'd expect. Things that make games extra obtuse are always going to end up removed. This game is already pretty grindy of course they're not going to leave in having some guy who has nothing over you but play time being able to not only stop you from grinding but remove the only thing that can equalize you with him.

3 people like this

Posted

if you didnt notice, they increased XP rates / weakened mobs multiple times since start, they increased silver or other drops from mobs, increased chance to get liverto and reduced the cost to repair it. Thats their catch up mechanic, they keep making things easier. For new players it doesnt take nearly as long to get where we are now as for players that have been there since start. Of course it still takes time to catch up , like in every other RPG.

I dont see the big advantage of 0 death penalty for new players. If 2 parties fight over a spot its still usually the stronger one that will take it but at least on my server this doesnt happen too often. Its not hard to find a party at sausans either. I lvled musa, valkyrie and sorc to 55 there, all in random groups and none of these classes is most wanted for group pve. The main advantage is for solo players, cause groups cant prevent them anymore from killing their respawn. And who do you think are the people solo KSing groups at sausans, the undergeared players?

Posted

Of course you can and its what these people did. They also are vocal enough to force changes. Its a common phenomenon in games. People who hate FPS play Overwatch because of hype and Twitch views. People who hate party play and grinding play a KR MMO with OWPVP features.

The existence of the internet (and particularly social media) has changed the landscape. People arent willing to accept that a game isnt for them anymore. They complain as long as they see fit because the internet gives them the ability to do so. 10 years back we simply accepted that a game wasnt for us and as a result moved on with our lives. There was no social media hype, no Twitch views, no easy way to complain to the developers about whatever minor detail.

Today every single person seems to be under the impression that their opinions are valuable, that their ideas will improve games and assure their future success. It cant possibly be that a game is not for them, it simply is a game that has a couple flaws that need to be adjusted to perfectly match their needs.

Listen to this guy, he is smart.