• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Are we going to become a pet class?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

So I saw a picture of the new awakening summons.  Are we going to become a pet class with the awakenings?  Because if so, I don't think I'm going to invest more money into my Witch.  I'm not a fan of pet classes.

If the summon is just a glorified version of the red thing we have, and we're still the one doing all the stuff, I'm fine with that.  But I am not looking forward to being a ranged tamer...

Guys please I need an answer asap.  I want to buy two pets, but I don't want to do it if the future is ranged tamer.

Posted

There is no one who can give you an answer before Pearl Abyss has released the Witch Awakening Video.

Posted

http://imgur.com/a/hepht

Please nooooo :'(

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no one who can give you an answer before Pearl Abyss has released the Witch Awakening Video.

Damnit.

Well, you guys think there's a chance that maybe we could do ok without the awakening?  We were buffed pretty hard to compete with awakenings.  Maybe we could actually choose to not use the awakening if we didn't want to?

Posted

So, after i read the reddit thread and see the pic´s i think we get a "golem" but dont know.
Maybe its not like the tamer and just a sort of damage skill and we cant control it.

Posted

the wizard summons look like a copypaste of elementalist summons from pear abyss previous game, c9.

there the summons were just a supplement, not a main thing. but even if that will be the case here too, that still means a couple of cool awakening skills wasted on useless pets.

i mean, we are up against very mobile classes, everyone of them can outmaneuver an AI mob so they will be no help in pvp at all

Posted

My hope is due to them saying it requires an extensive technical change, hence the longer time for this awakening to be released...it shouldn't be like what Tamers currently have.

If it turns out to be a permanent pet we have to summon with half of our awakened skills reliant on its position/being alive...that would seriously get me thinking about a re-roll.

Posted

I like summon class, always have played those in different MMOs. The question is: will we be useless when those summons are not on? Like tamer pet dying too fast and the class potential getting cut in half.

Posted

Awakening weapon is supposed to fill lacks of a class, isn't it? Our disadvantage is mobility. We are the slowest class in the game, we have to stand still to cast spells, our CDs are long. 

And we gonna get a pet...?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My hope is due to them saying it requires an extensive technical change, hence the longer time for this awakening to be released...it shouldn't be like what Tamers currently have.

Exactly. They said it's taking so long because it's something that's difficult to implement; another plain old pet would not be difficult to implement, even two of them.

Awakening weapon is supposed to fill lacks of a class, isn't it? Our disadvantage is mobility. We are the slowest class in the game, we have to stand still to cast spells, our CDs are long. 

We lack mobility and 1v1 capability (i.e., chained CCs, fast damage skills and defenses). Pets are huge for 1v1 capability, and it's not as if we can't possibly get mobility/speed as well.

Edited by Zephan

Posted

After Spellbound Heart our mobility increased a lot. Maxed Spellbound Heart + Speed Spell + 5 move spd(4 gems on boots + elixir/food) is crazy. I run faster than a t3 horse plus teleports in pvp. Now i can kite whenever i need, heal up and jump back in like Sorcs do. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

as long as I can have it out when I'm riding on horse with staff then idc if we get pets. For people -----ing about a lack of mobility in wizard, you can get cc immunity and casting while moving in exchange for a little damage and all of your support abilities except for 20% heal.  You also need to get a good horse. There in lay the true suffering. Two sets of gear and the proper horse.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Posted

as long as I can have it out when I'm riding on horse with staff then idc if we get pets. For people -----ing about a lack of mobility in wizard, you can get cc immunity and casting while moving in exchange for a little damage and all of your support abilities except for 20% heal.  You also need to get a good horse. There in lay the true suffering. Two sets of gear and the proper horse.

Yea, cuz everyone can spend 50€+ just to get a sidestep.

Posted

If we're to become a pet class.....

sad-batman.thumb.gif.ced0ec9cffde4503430

2 people like this

Posted

Yea, cuz everyone can spend 50€+ just to get a sidestep.

FYI, usually costs way more than 50€ if you're gambling for either sidestep or 2-seater.

But you can also spend months breeding horses running merchant wagons back and fourth 24/7, trying to get a T6/T7 with all crucial skills including sidestep. That's what I had to do. Getting a full set of +10 heavy gear for horse combat, is the easy part.

So yeah, I find it kinda funny when people are all like "just get a horse dude", like it's as easy as getting a liverto weapon or some gear to +15. I even got Bheg's gloves before the bloody T7 sidestep horse :S

Besides, breeding and mounted combat is a cluster----- of disgusting cashgrab/p2w mechanics and rng from start to end, no class should ever be balanced or tied to that.

Also agreed on topic, pls no awakening pets. Look at all the problems tamers have with the Heilang in large scale PvP.

Posted

yer saw it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4pow67/krwizardwitch_awakening_pet_leaked/?ref=share&ref_source=link

that male(thunder) thing is the UGLIEST summon i have seen for the witch -_- seriously. so people that wanted to play a beautifull women as the spellcaster get ugly as fck summon male stuff?... thats unbelievably pathetic work right there....

You know they'll look nothing like that on release right? You don't actually think those are finished do you?

Posted

no shit really :P  i am SOOOoooOOOOOO happy someone as smart as you can clue me in, how would i ever have known without you??

-_-

now to get back to a more intelligent conversation: these are a base of the direction they want to go right now. so as it stands we are getting a buffed dude as our pet instead of something beautifull and feminine which is CLEARLY what witch players like (which is why they choose the witch not the wiz.)

You sound like a complete dumbass and I'm glad the direction they are taking upsets you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yikes...  This is so far from what I was hoping for, really wanted support skills, not micromanagement. :(  Those witch summons are completely hideous, so I really hope this is something else entirely.  Why would they do this?  people who picked a witch over wizard obviously wanted something more feminine, not the frickin Hulk and his buddy.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm hoping we get to "ride" the bulky summon/pet and we'll have all the benefits of being on a horse with all of our spells still usable and CS actually mattering.

Posted

I'm hoping we get to "ride" the bulky summon/pet and we'll have all the benefits of being on a horse with all of our spells still usable and CS actually mattering.

that actually makes sense, and would be a very effective awakening.  However i still hope that's not the case.

Posted

BDO forums never change. 

Ever seen tamers in small scale pvp? Ever got triggered that your blizz cant hit more than 7 mobs a time when solo coz rest wont pull?

gg

btw Wiz is by far easiest and most rewarding class, seeing you cri cause "micromangment" is hilarious. Git Gud.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm all for wizards/witches having a pet. Can you imagine the potential of something tanking while you just sit back and drop your nukes?

1 person likes this

Posted

Ever got triggered that your blizz cant hit more than 7 mobs a time when solo coz rest wont pull?

No, because I ride a horse. :3 

Posted

I'm all for wizards/witches having a pet. Can you imagine the potential of something tanking while you just sit back and drop your nukes?

That would be awesome, but I can only see it working in PvE.

Posted

Afaik we are not a pet class, the golems seem to be an armor, shell, suit, whichever you wanna call it.

i10428316222.jpg