• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch on Saturday (25.06.)

79 posts in this topic

Posted

Any word on fixing sorcs?  This bug is getting pretty old.

Posted (edited)

I've come to realize more and more that Daum EU is just a publishing house to handle customer service, payment, and advertising. Anything we say to them is venting at best. Ultimately they know that their parent company makes every decision good and bad. They have no power to shape anything anymore now that the initial marketing blitz for the game is done. Expect to see our version looking exactly like Korea's in a year because it's cheaper to maintain one code base than tailor the game for each region.

Edited by dasregal

Posted (edited)

Can't really communicate about things that we don't know. Still better than announcing and taking our words back I guess. 

We understand that. Just a suggestion, why not create a sticky thread on the forum with all the major announcement release status (not date). Then have vague statements like: delayed for bug fixes or in discussion with developers etc. At least that will be better than a complete lack of information and having every other forum post about when things are coming. This way, the community can have a better understanding of where things are and what happens behind the scene. 

If I may provide a horrible analogy, if someone you know is in a car accident and you just found out. There's a huge difference knowing absolutely nothing (dread, uncertainty, confusion) vs. knowing that she is in the hospital. Really you don't know much more, but you at least know that in a hospital she is taken care off. You'll be surprised the difference between no information and providing very little information. Just a suggestion and keep up the good work. 

I've come to realize more and more that Daum EU is just a publishing house to handle customer service, payment, and advertising. Anything we say to them is venting at best. Ultimately they know that their parent company makes every decision good and bad. They have no power to shape anything anymore now that the initial marketing blitz for the game is done. Expect to see our version looking exactly like Korea's in a year because it's cheaper to maintain one code base than tailor the game for each region.

This is not true. It is more a discussion process between the two subsidiary. Daum is also responsible for the localization and trying to provide feedback to PA to better suit the western market. However, there is always a compromise because drastic changes will result in delay in development as well as multiple version control. So it's really a give and take, which also slows down decision making. 

If PA had their ways, we would never have gotten the pet event. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven
1 person likes this

Posted

Just letting you know Daum are the publishers not the developers and actually don't have a lot of control over what goes into the game. They get the patches from pearl abyss and then they test it and implement it into the game while fixing bugs in the patch they were given

honestly i dont believe daum tests the patches to any meaningful extent.

Posted (edited)

Daum is literally not a big enough company to have a quality assurance division, I don't think they test the patches at all outside of monitoring their impact on the hardware. Gameplay details are not their job in the breakdown of responsibilities. They're the publisher, PA does ALL of the testing when it comes to minute details.

Edited by dasregal
2 people like this

Posted

Preload for Valencia. That's all that is. (And no, we don't have any confirmation about the release date so far. :( )

I know that you dont get information from PA, but for christ sake man, Go at them Hard. Its a month now almost since it got delayed and we dont even have a damn estimate. This game NEEDS content to be fun. Doing the same shit over and over aint fun,it Will and IS loosing you players. Go hard on PA and make them give you info so you can give it to us.

Posted

honestly i dont believe daum tests the patches to any meaningful extent.

because they dont test anything:

We've collected and forwarded all of the information about the Dark Flame skill to Pearl Abyss, and requested clarification whether the skill is currently working as intended or not.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Called it in my guild about a week ago. Valencia Delayed until mid/late July and Ninja in August.

Posted

Oh look another thread full of 12 year olds QQ'ing...LOL.  Have some decency and respect for the publisher of this awesome game we all get to play.  Release when ready. 

3 people like this

Posted

I rather prefer PA focusing on Elf and Dwarf region expansions rather than rush for EU/NA release. 

Posted

How about you guys release ninja 

This would be amazing and make so many happy, but they won't do that.

Posted

You see a decline? I logged in for the first time in a while and it seemed to me like there are even more players. I couldn't believe how populated the servers are this far into release. 

Want to see an actual decline? Log into any other MMO besides WoW and BDO. 

how about eve online?

Posted (edited)

To those complaining about release dates, you guys should all be used to this by now... They announce things and then say "oops something happened" and delay stuff...

They finally got smart and at the end you can see that they started using the age old underhanded tactic (that most companies use) which is the "SOON"TM  They like to tease us and then just demolish all hopes we had on shiny new content in an instant, they need to get their #$@$ together and communicate with eachother more effeciently. I'm pretty sure it's just PA saying something and Daum taking it as fact, they get excited shout something like "hey Ninja in MAY!! woooh" then PA is all like "Yo bro, not gonna happen", then Daum EU has to be like "Yo ma bad no Ninja tomorrow".

Ninja.thumb.png.61ae99dd2c0670eaf2e42ea7

Valencia.thumb.png.82e168ac5cfb8ac9d07e0

PS: Release Kunoichi/Ninja already... Probably too late for me since I quit already, but who knows... At least bring some hope for those still hanging on to a miracle.

Edited by DarkSpirit
2 people like this

Posted

I wish daum or pa people sit next to me so i can give them a good hard slap to wake them up

Posted

Preload for Valencia. That's all that is. (And no, we don't have any confirmation about the release date so far. :( )

In this preload is mayhap included the automatic continuous water gathering? 

Please Please Please!

Posted

Don't worry guys. Valencia is coming on June 1st..... 2017.

Posted

I'm fine with Valencia not being tomorrow - I'd rather them fix Node Wars ASAP.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because Node Wars were fun on the already dead servers. Much competition, such amaze

Oh wait.

I would rather fix the game to bring back people.

1 person likes this

Posted

That post wasn't aimed at you specifically, it was more at Daum as a whole. Daum has disappointed a lot of its players/customers, the game population is drastically on the decline. We see people quitting everyday due to changes to the game we asked and petitioned not to be implemented into our version. And many beneficial  game mechanics that are available to all other servers except ours are still yet to be in game. Server instability, clunky game play from lack of a centralized NA server. Death of open world pvp, grind spot grief fest. Lies of a new pvp system. Promises fell short. The list can go on for a lot longer.

I think you're completely delusional if you think the population is in "drastic" decline.  I'm on the least populated server and there are people everywhere in the world that I go. The population seems very, very robust to me. Very busy node wars with tons of players. Healthy competition for grind spots.  I don't know where you're playing, but you seem to have some real confirmation bias going on.

Posted (edited)

Node wars? On Alustin server for most nodes, no one fights. At croxus only 2 guilds fight for nodes 3 lvl

We need new pve content and merge servers

Edited by Calvex

Posted

For those who are waiting for ninja to play as a main class i would say be patient and wait some weeks more, catching up is very easy , i did on fresh account in 10 days 56,1 lvl , full + 15 and liverto + 15, around 700 skill points. So lets say you have your account from beginning it will be even easier as you have stacked in stash all you need.

1 person likes this

Posted

For those who are waiting for ninja to play as a main class i would say be patient and wait some weeks more, catching up is very easy , i did on fresh account in 10 days 56,1 lvl , full + 15 and liverto + 15, around 700 skill points. So lets say you have your account from beginning it will be even easier as you have stacked in stash all you need.

It's not that catching up is easy, seeing as though they increased exp and decreased health on all mobs, it's the amount of time that Kuno/Ninja players have lost. That makes a HUGE difference in getting more SP, more experience in the class, and getting to 57+.

I know they're probably (safe to assume, imo) going to give Kuno/Ninja players some sort of "exp catchup" event when they're released, but that doesn't change the fact that there was so much time that they missed from their class delay. It's just not fair to the people who want to main these classes, all other released classes have a huge advantage over time

Posted

Because Node Wars were fun on the already dead servers. Much competition, such amaze

Oh wait.

I would rather fix the game to bring back people.

There were plenty of fights on my server.  Why is your first reaction to merge servers?  Why not merge channels first?

How is adding Valencia content going to "fix the game"?  Most people won't even be able to do Valencia content because their gear isn't good enough (just like Pirates) and we don't have Awakenings.  And with +16-20, it is more likely to push people away.

Posted (edited)

There were plenty of fights on my server.  Why is your first reaction to merge servers?  Why not merge channels first?

How is adding Valencia content going to "fix the game"?  Most people won't even be able to do Valencia content because their gear isn't good enough (just like Pirates) and we don't have Awakenings.  And with +16-20, it is more likely to push people away.

I think it's more if that it's "something to do" for everyone who isn't Wiz/Witch/whoever else is viable in Valencia w/out awakening, until Kuno/Ninja for players who want to play them & until Awakening. And by something to do I don't mean grinding mobs for exp / silver (b/c realistically, only wiz/witch will be able to somewhat efficiently do that), but like the new main questline, exploring, getting more energy, that kind of stuff. Unfortunately, that excitement will pretty much die down once main quest is complete and areas are explored. Also I don't think this will fix the game, Awakenings (mostly) and Kuno/Ninja players getting their classes will as well

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted

I didn't say Valencia woud fix the game. The patches they made in the past that drove away ppl is what they need to fix. + Desync and what not.

Sieges were dead and uncontested on many servers. Where do you play?