• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Marketing Towards PVE

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

With the recent trailer released they seem to be targeting PVE and RP players more so than PVP. I understand this game is supposed (is) to be PVP focused but I do not pull PVP from this trailer at all. Or really any of their advertising. 

Thoughts?

And no I'm not complaining nor taking a side. Simply pointing out what this trailer seems to be showing. 

Edited by Veolan
Grammar, Update.
1 person likes this

Posted

Is this for real? LOL.

Posted

I think they are goin for the big bucks. PvE and RP.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they are goin for the big bucks. PvE and RP.

I believe so, I'm just curious if this is any indication of the future of BDO major content releases. 

Posted

I believe so, I'm just curious if this is any indication of the future of BDO major content releases. 

If you're curious about our futute updates then read the Korean patch notes.

1 person likes this

Posted

One trailer does not define a game haha. 

Posted

Sad they make it marketed toward pve and role players when the only reason I considered this game was because it OWPVP and has sieges.

1 person likes this

Posted

People really read to much into trailers.

1 person likes this

Posted

People love to whine about everything and when they run out of things to whine about, they'll simply whine that they have nothing to whine about! xD

Posted

This is a problem for you? Having more people engaged in the game doing what they want to eventually gives you more opportunities for PVP opportunities.  I swear you guys limit yourselves by just being so focused on one aspect. There is an entire game here. 

8 people like this

Posted

They're marketing towards PvE because they know that's where most of the money is made, but they're not lying in the video. It does have beautiful visuals and is a great platform for roleplaying. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, Black Desert has a story? ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Rest assured, we'll most likely get a PvP-focused trailer eventually.

+1

Posted

Is this for real? LOL.

I can't wait until these people play the game, they're in for a rude awakening. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you're curious about our futute updates then read the Korean patch notes.

I'm talking far beyond what's currently on the KR server obviously. 

Posted

ppl crying about pve content cuz "the game is pvp focused anyway" are fckin retarded.

are you trying to tell us they shouldn't try to make the pve part enjoyable cuz the "only pvp" ppl wont play the new content anyway?

ever thought about the possibility of other ppl wanting a well rounded game? 

3 people like this

Posted

They know there's a huge pvp fan base for this already, they're trying to get more pve and rpers on board to even out the playerbase interests in the game. At least thats my opinion.

Posted

This is a problem for you? Having more people engaged in the game doing what they want to eventually gives you more opportunities for PVP opportunities.  I swear you guys limit yourselves by just being so focused on one aspect. There is an entire game here. 

I didn't say it was a problem anywhere, asking for thoughts. 

Trailers bring people in, when it's not what they expected things get messy. 

People love to whine about everything and when they run out of things to whine about, they'll simply whine that they have nothing to whine about! xD

I'm far from whining right now. 

Rest assured, we'll most likely get a PvP-focused trailer eventually.

+1

That will be interesting to see for sure. 

Posted

I can't wait until these people play the game, they're in for a rude awakening. 

I keep telling myself that, I will pity them and enjoy rants on this very forum when PvE people start demanding content. 

I will definitely say "I told you so" 

Posted

I think they are just advertising how visually stunning the game is. I've said before that the game looks like a roleplayers dream because it's aesthetically outstanding. Regardless of how you intend to play the game a lot of people will be attracted because of the visuals. First impressions count. I'm sure a more indepth trailer will be released expressing the pvp endgame content :)

Posted

people pvp over the pve(plus most of those cinematics are from the black spirit quest) This trailer isnt aimed at any type of person its just showing some of the story quest scenese which is common is gaming trailors, even in pvp centric games.

people keep forgetting(or dont know) this is a pvpve game

and lol why even make this thread, if anything its only going to make new people(or the people who refuse to understand how the game really is) misunderstand the game more and things will just get worse on the forums 

1 person likes this

Posted

Trailers bring people in, when it's not what they expected things get messy. 

That doesn't mean people don't read too much into trailers. Most people probably won't even consider the trailer pushing PvE.

Posted

gg games dead everyone jump ship

1 person likes this

Posted

gg games dead everyone jump ship

+1

Posted

I really hope that isn't an official trailer, because it was pretty awful.

1 person likes this